SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Originally posted by elavil@Jun 12 2006, 06:03 PM

guys, where can i find nice half caps? I went down to sunhog on Sunday but they dun haf much choice there. Ah Boy definitely out cos the price is ridiculous.

go get from eBay.. type 'novelty' and u got MANY helmets to choose from!

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by elavil@Jun 12 2006, 06:03 PM

guys, where can i find nice half caps? I went down to sunhog on Sunday but they dun haf much choice there. Ah Boy definitely out cos the price is ridiculous.

hmmm... actually there a cheap half cap used by many scooters/vespas riders...

they got it from bugis streets... 1 of the shops selling lots of bags opp the escalator there..

think under 50bucks... got black, grey n sliver... quite nice.. a bit like those german helmets...

But u got to be observant to find it... cos they dun really display it openly... they juz attach to 1 of the bags on display..

Originally posted by fengdrew@Jun 13 2006, 11:46 PM

hmmm... actually there a cheap half cap used by many scooters/vespas riders...

they got it from bugis streets... 1 of the shops selling lots of bags opp the escalator there..

think under 50bucks... got black, grey n sliver... quite nice.. a bit like those german helmets...

But u got to be observant to find it... cos they dun really display it openly... they juz attach to 1 of the bags on display..

I see. Looks like I have to go there and search for it. Less than $50 sounds ok for me.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Griffin@Jun 15 2006, 04:25 PM

But are those places selling half caps that are DOT approved? I mean no point buying something like $50 which doesn't offer any protection at all, you're better off just wearing nothing than.

definitely no protection shldnt wear... but wearing half caps helmets r a kind of style n attitude... juz like cruiser...

individual preferances..

Originally posted by Griffin@Jun 15 2006, 04:25 PM

But are those places selling half caps that are DOT approved? I mean no point buying something like $50 which doesn't offer any protection at all, you're better off just wearing nothing than.

well, u definately can't wear nothing! haha u have to wear something what so just wear something lor. if it protects then good. if it dosen't protect, then... but personally, i find that novelty helmets (helmets that dont protect) look way nicer than DOT approved ones for they are slimmer and follow your hear shape better.

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by shiraz@Jun 16 2006, 05:33 AM

well, u definately can't wear nothing! haha u have to wear something what so just wear something lor. if it protects then good. if it dosen't protect, then... but personally, i find that novelty helmets (helmets that dont protect) look way nicer than DOT approved ones for they are slimmer and follow your hear shape better.

haha nice 1 shiraz...

but i personally think cannot dun wear helmets...

even no protection must still wear sumthing... if not my hair will be v messy... hee~

(vainpot)

haha~

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by boxsurat@Jun 16 2006, 03:49 PM

just back from chong aik, i found nice half cap helmet for $40 only. tempted to buy :smile:

go get it man!!!

half cap helmets dun usually comescheap..

u shld get... even u may not wanna wear it in the future...

haha~

btw how ur bike customising gettin on??

more n more???

Originally posted by fengdrew@Jun 17 2006, 02:29 AM

go get it man!!!

half cap helmets dun usually comescheap..

u shld get... even u may not wanna wear it in the future...

haha~

btw how ur bike customising gettin on??

more n more???

yo bro, plan to get it after get my pay :smile:

not much modification have been done, just change bar to drag bar. anyway not much can be done. the bike has been modified nicely :cheeky: really love the pipe bro.

btw your signature is a very nice harley. will u buy that bike?

:smile:

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by boxsurat@Jun 18 2006, 09:51 PM

yo bro, plan to get it after get my pay :smile:

not much modification have been done, just change bar to drag bar. anyway not much can be done. the bike has been modified nicely :cheeky: really love the pipe bro.

btw your signature is a very nice harley. will u buy that bike?

yup i think so.. cool rite? rdking standard...

haha but its from US...

too bad...

I got mine for $38 at Bugis Village. Then again, with the amount of bus trips I took during my lunch break to hunt for it, I might as well have gone to Chong Aik and get it.

Originally posted by gohjohan@Jun 20 2006, 10:00 AM

I got mine for $38 at Bugis Village. Then again, with the amount of bus trips I took during my lunch break to hunt for it, I might as well have gone to Chong Aik and get it.

bro, would u kindly tell where is the shop located. i am trying to find it at shop opposite escalator, but can't find it.

hi bros,

intend to change to a harley...

Need some guidance on choosing one nice harley.

Was looking at a Harley XL1200S Sportster. '99model going for abt 10k.

Is that a good price? How is the fuel consumption like(understand that there is no fuel gauge)? Power wise good?

Currently riding a gsxr750. quite sick of that bending at low speed..need a relac bike to rest my aching back... :cheeky:

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpghttp://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpg

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by jiaju@Jun 24 2006, 03:55 AM

hi bros,

Is that a good price? How is the fuel consumption like(understand that there is no fuel gauge)? Power wise good?

Currently riding a gsxr750. quite sick of that bending at low speed..need a relac bike to rest my aching back... :cheeky:

thats a very gd price i would say...

hows the condition>?

with or without accessories???

1200 consumption shld be ard 15-17km/l (if i m not wrong)

cool... sportser 1200, great bike...

Btw there is 1 guy selling his yellow 1200 sporster custom, very nice paintjob and comes with quite a number of acessories, great performance...

i tried his bike le.. not much of a problem for a 10yr bike... thou a bit on the high side. His posting is at http://www.singaporehog.com

under hog mart.

But when u buy harley u must rem, same model, same year can fetch 2 totally different prices, unless other bikes...

due to the accesorries and the condition of the bike/engine...

Happy shopping....:goodluck:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by jiaju@Jun 24 2006, 03:55 AM

hi bros,

Jiaju, r u getting the sportser??

Originally posted by fengdrew@Jul 3 2006, 07:17 PM

Shiraz, how ur sales of ur current bike? got viewers??

wat abt sunhog tat side?

no viewers for my bike leh.. :(

but i have a friend who is interested. his TP is next week so when he gets my bike next week, i get the harley.

according to the website, both the fatboy and the heritage is still available at sunhogs. hopefully they would still be available next week.

eh u went for the HD open house? i was there at abt 6 la... paiseh to ride my current bike down to i drove instead but still... the sight of that many harleys left me winded! :cheeky:

Originally posted by shiraz@Jul 3 2006, 11:15 PM

no viewers for my bike leh.. :(

but i have a friend who is interested. his TP is next week so when he gets my bike next week, i get the harley.

according to the website, both the fatboy and the heritage is still available at sunhogs. hopefully they would still be available next week.

eh u went for the HD open house? i was there at abt 6 la... paiseh to ride my current bike down to i drove instead but still... the sight of that many harleys left me winded! :cheeky:

You went? So did I. The number of Harleys also got me inspired.

Where's Sunhogs? I hope it's not a question that has been repeated umpteen times :cheeky:

Originally posted by gohjohan@Jul 3 2006, 11:20 PM

You went? So did I. The number of Harleys also got me inspired.

Where's Sunhogs? I hope it's not a question that has been repeated umpteen times :cheeky:

oh what time were u there? i was there for like 10mins only! hahaha walked around the showroom, checked out the bikes.. looked for nice 2nd hand ones. there were none that caught my attention. walked outside past all the bikes and quickly rushed back to the car across the road hoping that i've not been summoned!

sunhogs is at turf city. in the automobile mart or some place la. u can derive from the name that they sell cars. im not really sure which lot the shop is in... might be C5 or something.. but it's the last shop under the shelter so u can see it from the outside.