SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Fish Head Curry Lunch today at 12pm

Soon Heng Restaurant

Corner of Kinta Road and Race Coure Road.

01. singhla

02. easy2findme

03. thenation (?)

04. weian_85

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish Head Curry Lunch today at 12pm

Soon Heng Restaurant

Corner of Kinta Road and Race Coure Road.

01. singhla

02. easy2findme

03. thenation (?)

04. weian_85

enjoy enjoy!!

all the best easy2findme!!!

possible to big bore the 400cc monster to 600cc? if so, how much and where to do so? asking for a friend lah :)

It's very hard to find a big bore kit. Just enjoy the 400 for what it is. If you want something more, get a bigger bike.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

It's very hard to find a big bore kit. Just enjoy the 400 for what it is. If you want something more, get a bigger bike.

Best not to discuss in a public forum. Warren is right. Get a bigger bike

Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

Hi Guys,

-Titax shorty levers, Colour Black with Red adjustables clicks.

Brought $220, Selling $190

-R&G Racing Sliders from UK, Front, Middle n Back.

Brought $360, Selling $220

-RIZOMA Signal Lights, Model: Zero 11

Brought Per side $90, Selling $70-SOLD

-RIZOMA Signal Light, Model: Track 77

Brought Per side $90, Selling $70-SOLD

-RIZOMA Hand Grips Billet Aluminium/Rubber Handlebar Grips

Brought $90, Selling $80

-RIZOMA Balancer Silver Model: Big version

Brought $110, Selling $90-SOLD

-RIZOMA Ducati Monster 696/1100 License Plate Support Fox

Brought $360, Selling $280-SOLD

-Hella Horns

Brought $40, Selling $20-SOLD

All items are less than 3 months some even less than 3wks old, all item's conditions are 9.5/10. With no scratches.

Transfer of items fee will be taken care by the buyer/New Owner of the items.

Interested buyers do feel free to contact me @ 94787700 James

For Pictures of the items the link is here: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6449262#post6449262

Low Ballers Wont be entertain.

Upzz for Sales

2006 - Old School Vespa, Yamaha 125 Z, Bajaj Pulsar 180cc

2007 - Piaggio X8 200cc

2008 - Suzuki GSR 400cc

2009 - Piaggio X9 200cc, Yamaha R6 08, Piaggio MP3 400cc

2010 - Ducati 696, Bajaj Pulsa Ver. 200, Yamaha Fazer 8, Honda VFR 1200

2012- Phatom 200, CBR 150 R - 2012 Model

Once a Rider, Will always be...:thumb:

World Cup Ride

Date: Saturday, 12 June 10

Time: 2230hrs

Place: M.A.Deen at Jalan Sultan

1) Singhla

2) Dinie

3) thenation

4) weian_85

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)h@nn will be LATE

Didn't see this yesterday or I would have joined you guys. But I did eventually anyway, for about 10 minutes. Hahaha that was quite funny.

Hi, i'm looking for some insight on wat its like owning a ducati monster.

i've owned and ridden my cbr600rr for the past 5 years, went down PG a few times. but i find that now i'm entering 30, the track doesn appeal as mush as it did when i was younger, and for some reason taking aggressive corners on my sportsbike on the road is now scary rather than shiok.

so i'm seriously considering chucking in my cbr6 for a naked roadster, and i'm kind of tempted by the monster 696 or 796.

machine price aside, the most important thing i need to know is: does it realli have high ownership/maintenance price compared to a jap equivalent?

now, i throw high-end stuff at my cbr6: irridium plugs, race-grade oils, AFAM chains and track-road tyres like Michelin Pilot Power 2CT; so i'm no stranger to quality high end stuff. i have no probs if u say a duc needs these or equivalent-priced items coz i'm not a noob class 2 jumping into the deep end of the pool without a float.

but i totally dont know if a duc monster will need even more expensive TLC than this? like, does it have poor reliability requiring more regular maintenance? how true is the bad-rep of italian machines? do the internal ducati-specific parts really cost a lot more and how likely am i going to need those ducati-specific parts?

i need to get that clarified above all else. switching to a ducati from my honda is not the same is switching to a yamaha/suzuki/kawasaki, so any insight appreciated thanks.

and i'd love to hear about whether its a sweet ride.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Didn't see this yesterday or I would have joined you guys. But I did eventually anyway, for about 10 minutes. Hahaha that was quite funny.
lol trust me, i had a big shock when i saw you. thought i was seeing you in spirit! lol..

2wheelsonly joined up..newbie on the S4..thanks for the tour :thumb: oh, btw, what color are those speed cameras..
welcome aboard! those cameras are a very dull grey.. SMS me your number so i can contact you if anything.. cheers.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg

Hi, i'm looking for some insight on wat its like owning a ducati monster.

i've owned and ridden my cbr600rr for the past 5 years, went down PG a few times. but i find that now i'm entering 30, the track doesn appeal as mush as it did when i was younger, and for some reason taking aggressive corners on my sportsbike on the road is now scary rather than shiok.

so i'm seriously considering chucking in my cbr6 for a naked roadster, and i'm kind of tempted by the monster 696 or 796.

machine price aside, the most important thing i need to know is: does it realli have high ownership/maintenance price compared to a jap equivalent?

now, i throw high-end stuff at my cbr6: irridium plugs, race-grade oils, AFAM chains and track-road tyres like Michelin Pilot Power 2CT; so i'm no stranger to quality high end stuff. i have no probs if u say a duc needs these or equivalent-priced items coz i'm not a noob class 2 jumping into the deep end of the pool without a float.

but i totally dont know if a duc monster will need even more expensive TLC than this? like, does it have poor reliability requiring more regular maintenance? how true is the bad-rep of italian machines? do the internal ducati-specific parts really cost a lot more and how likely am i going to need those ducati-specific parts?

i need to get that clarified above all else. switching to a ducati from my honda is not the same is switching to a yamaha/suzuki/kawasaki, so any insight appreciated thanks.

and i'd love to hear about whether its a sweet ride.

Ducati builds hard machines. so engine and parts wise will confirm last. as some of us already know, strip down a 10 yr old engine, your wont find must wear and tear.

even if you buy a 10 yr old bike, you'll still be able to find parts easily on line.

irridium plugs, race-grade oils, AFAM chains and track-road tyres like Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

these are standard items, so you gotta count upwards from there. hmm....think rizoma.

If you are goin to count the dollars and cents on riding a ducati, then stay japanese. but you gotta get on a ducati to understand that no amount of money can buy you the experience.

If you are goin to count the dollars and cents on riding a ducati, then stay japanese. but you gotta get on a ducati to understand that no amount of money can buy you the experience.

thanx for the reply. i especially appreciate the owner's vote of confidence in ducati reliability.

when you say the items i listed are 'standard parts', are you implying that the ducati's wearable parts will require even higher end stuff than what i throw at my cbr6? i'm referring to 'wear-and-tear' items like tyres, chains, air filter, etc. i can understand that ducati-specific parts that are not normally part of regular maintenance will cost more, in the event of a crash or if i want to improve performance/aesthetics.

everytime i read 'ducati', mags and owners will say it costs more than japanese "but you cant put a price on the ducati experience". i understand the sentiment. after all, when i bought my class 2 sportsbikes, frens and family questioned why i'd spend more money on a big sportsbike when a regular bike will do the job. simple answer: the money is worth the added fun to me.

so now i want to answer the question for myself again, but this time with respect to a ducati. but i need at least some figures or something to help me think.

i guess its best demonstrated this way:

my sportsbike cost me $100 more per month on instalments over 5 yrs compared to japanese naked roadster of equivalent cc.

Can i afford the additional $100 x 60 months? YES

Will i have more fun on the sportsbike compared to a roadster? YES

Is the additional fun worth the $100 x 60 months? YES

off i went and bought my current bike. now, a full exhaust and PC for my bike will easily set me back $1.5k

Can i afford $1.5k? YES

Will i have more fun with added power and nice exhaust note? YES

Is the added power and nice exhaust note worth $1.5k? NO

so my bike has stayed stock all this while. and i need to apply the same thought process with my consideration of a ducati.

thanx again.

Edited by mechwira

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

thanx for the reply. i especially appreciate the owner's vote of confidence in ducati reliability.

when you say the items i listed are 'standard parts', are you implying that the ducati's wearable parts will require even higher end stuff than what i throw at my cbr6? i'm referring to 'wear-and-tear' items like tyres, chains, air filter, etc. i can understand that ducati-specific parts that are not normally part of regular maintenance will cost more, in the event of a crash or if i want to improve performance/aesthetics.

everytime i read 'ducati', mags and owners will say it costs more than japanese "but you cant put a price on the ducati experience". i understand the sentiment. after all, when i bought my class 2 sportsbikes, frens and family questioned why i'd spend more money on a big sportsbike when a regular bike will do the job. simple answer: the money is worth the added fun to me.

so now i want to answer the question for myself again, but this time with respect to a ducati. but i need at least some figures or something to help me think.

thanx again.

the only thing more expensive than jap bike is the valve check/adjustment at 10000km, and replacement of timing belts at every 20000km for older models, eg pre 1098/streetfighter/696. That costs $450, belt costs $250ish. I understand some jap bikes go 40000- 80000km without having to touch any valve stuff but when they do it costs $400up.

A poorly maintained 999/998/996/916 or monster S4RS/S4/900/600/400 will also incur many other problems like rocker arms flaking off etc and $200 per rocker and 8/4 rocker per engine. But i think if you dont change oil for other bikes, same sort of problems.

Electrical issues with older ducatis include burnt rectifier $200+, wiring old, starter motor spoil. For 10 y/o bike cannot expect too much i think.

Sounds like you want to get a new 696/796 monster, i suggest getting the 1100s cos single sided swingarm, ohlins front and rear. Chio. Service intervals at 6/12/24K km cos new model.

If wait for multistrada, maintenance will be that of Jap bike intervals.

When it comes to bikes, I only see red…

the only thing more expensive than jap bike is the valve check/adjustment at 10000km, and replacement of timing belts at every 20000km for older models, eg pre 1098/streetfighter/696. That costs $450, belt costs $250ish. I understand some jap bikes go 40000- 80000km without having to touch any valve stuff but when they do it costs $400up.

A poorly maintained 999/998/996/916 or monster S4RS/S4/900/600/400 will also incur many other problems like rocker arms flaking off etc and $200 per rocker and 8/4 rocker per engine. But i think if you dont change oil for other bikes, same sort of problems.

Electrical issues with older ducatis include burnt rectifier $200+, wiring old, starter motor spoil. For 10 y/o bike cannot expect too much i think.

Sounds like you want to get a new 696/796 monster, i suggest getting the 1100s cos single sided swingarm, ohlins front and rear. Chio. Service intervals at 6/12/24K km cos new model.

If wait for multistrada, maintenance will be that of Jap bike intervals.

hey thanx man, i realli appreciate this. it sounds like if i go for a brand new 696/796, its not significantly more expensive than a japanese sportsbike i'm owning now. especially if i dont have to worry about worn parts and all coz brand new. i just need to have extra moolah handy in the *touch wood* event i crash and need to replace ducati-specific parts.

am i interpreting you correctly? coz its exactly the owner's perspective i been looking for.

i'll be honest about the 1100s: i'm not willing to fork out extra cash for a bigger engine and flash parts, even though i agree yes those parts are sexy and a bigger engine is always nice. just like i explained in my modified post earlier.

many many thanks.

If you crash, all bets are off. OEM ducati parts pretty expensive if you get them through the agent. It's easier to find parts off ebay and many ducatis share parts.

Flaking rocker arms aren't prevalent in the testastretta engine which the 696/796 uses. You should consider the termis slip ons with air filter and ECU though, it smoothens out fueling and brings out the ducati sound. Will be cheaper if you buy it together with the bike.

Why not you go down to minerva and get them to get you quotations and a breakdown of the installments.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

Why not you go down to minerva and get them to get you quotations and a breakdown of the installments.

appreciate your input.

quotation of purchase price is least of my concerns. not coz i'm rich but coz purchase price is dam easy matter; get a quote and you immediately know if u can afford it anot. like a one-time punch which you will know before-hand wat damage it'll do; like if it'll kill you, break your bone or just leave a bruise.

its the ownership thats my question mark. whether its going to be a bleeding wound that'll kill me in the long run one drop of blood at a time, or if its nothing more than an annoying itch. problem is, only someone who has done it will know. thats why i'm in here asking.