SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Originally posted by vincekam@Jan 7 2006, 02:37 AM

Hi Daniel,

Congrats on you completed project.

Wishing you have a nice ride.

Cheers!

Hi Vince,

Sorry about the late reply. I have only ridden the bike around the block at Kallang before the rubber chain guide gave way - too old. Minerva has no stock and it will be 3 weeks before I can get the part.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by yohji@Jan 16 2006, 10:38 PM

Vince and Daren,

Do let me know when you guys wanna order the fuel plug stickers (Vince do you have links or pictures?). I wanna get it too. Thanks!

In the meantime, ride safe and take care everybody!

Hi yohji,

You can click the below link to view a few of them. Probably we can order together to save on the shipping.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...prclo=&saprchi=

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Originally posted by yohji@Jan 7 2006, 08:22 AM

Hi MotoCafe!

(Don't know if you still remember me, from Wheelers meetup) Quite nicely done! I finally get to see what you were talking about. Got to see the real thing.

How much did you spend on it?? It really feels great to bring something back to life!

:thumb:

yohji,

Of course I remember you.

Lets just say that I spend more than what I paid for the bike in the beginning. Yes, it feels good to finally complete the project. Shucks, now I have to look for a new project to work on... :slapforehead:

Yo folks, just like to update you guys that I'm bike-less. Hee finally I sent my Monster in for a fresh coat of paint. Just a few doors down from Kallang Cycle (saw Daniel's bike). When its done, I'll take tons of pics.

I'm following the new Monster SR4s Testastretta's scheme.

Samples from Ducati's website:

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11896/Paint01.jpg

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11896/Paint02.jpg

:cheeky: Mine would be without the single seat though.

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Paint Job at Replica Spray Painting which is a couple of shops away from Mic's place will usually take a weeks time and cause $200-$250 Damage to your wallet but include simple linnings, 2 colours and Stickers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1996 - 1997 : Aprillia RS125 Extrema

1997 - 1998 : Yamaha DT200WR

1998 - 2005 : Not been Riding.....

2005 - 2006 : Honda XR400RV & Ducati Monster

2006 Onwards : Something BIG ! ! is coming.......

Originally posted by D.O.C@Jan 18 2006, 12:20 AM

WOwwww i love the new color scheme :lovestruck:

when will your bike be ready for viewing ?

not sure yet, he ask me to call him this friday and see if can collect on Saturday or not. If not will be Monday, pray that dun have any delays.

rehdeer

Estimated: will take about 6 days.

hey daron: conincidently i just saw a monster(think is m900?) along orchard rd with some nice aftermarket pipes(not termis or wadeva,looks real cool,dunno make...) with tht exact paintwork ..he had a one-seater tho...i was squeezin thru traffic behind him,when i overtook him,i honked n said hi. he looked like he was in his late twenties early thirties..definitely not fr forum..his bike looked real sweet..i'm sure yr's would too ! i'll be spraying my monster in late feb..anyone wanna spray together? we can bargain for more competitive prices. :cheer:

btw i wouldn't be surprised if yr paintjob is delayed...with all the stupid erratic heavy downpours recently.

Originally posted by espido1001@Jan 18 2006, 04:00 PM

btw i wouldn't be surprised if yr paintjob is delayed...with all the stupid erratic heavy downpours recently.

:giddy:

NONO... everyday I'll pray that it doesn't get delayed.

Originally posted by espido1001@Jan 18 2006, 06:57 PM

heh heh don't worry la i'm sure it won't get delayed...but the weather does play a part.. :goodluck: don't mind me askin how much did pay bro?

The guy quoted me 200, but only spraying the tank and fender.

Disclaimer: bla bla bla, all the disclaimer things about price/shop thingy.

Wohoo! Can't wait to see your new paint job Daron! Replica Spray is good. I sprayed my runner there. Takes long but it'll be all worth it man.

Seems like I'll be ordering the panniers myself this time. No worries guys, let me be the genuie pig and try it out! :)

BTW neo, any way to lock the panniers?? If not I'll have to dismantle them everyday.

c26492.jpg

You can lock the zips using a small lock, I do that when i go for trips.

But best way is still to remove them at the destination. I use my panniers for trips only anyway. For daily use, a backpack works best.

contacted

ya color scheme opposite of mine.....testetra....hehhee!

yohji

when u doin ya bike at stamford?

front sprocket minerva quote u hv much?

2day da rain was god damn heavy it was not visible for 10metres when i came back....den juz now i flip over my bike cuz jam da front brake.....lucky at car park....heart pain my ducati drop...

:cry: :giddy:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

I'm just wondering if anyone's interested, I'll be going to Jungfrau, Switzerland in July this year for a Music contest, and I plan to stay alittle longer, take a train or something to visit the holy grail for Ducatisti, the Ducati Factory.

Would anyone be interested? Will happen from July the 17th onwards. If there are enough numbers, we can book a full factory tour, possibly a ride around the mountains behind the factory too, the place where all our bikes are tested!

Originally posted by nE0@Jan 19 2006, 02:34 AM

I'm just wondering if anyone's interested, I'll be going to Jungfrau, Switzerland in July this year for a Music contest, and I plan to stay alittle longer, take a train or something to visit the holy grail for Ducatisti, the Ducati Factory.

Would anyone be interested? Will happen from July the 17th onwards. If there are enough numbers, we can book a full factory tour, possibly a ride around the mountains behind the factory too, the place where all our bikes are tested!

Rough estimate of cost and duration?

Including accomdation, food, etc etc.

:smile:

Originally posted by Pro Dero@Jan 19 2006, 12:39 AM

contacted

ya color scheme opposite of mine.....testetra....hehhee!

yohji

when u doin ya bike at stamford?

front sprocket minerva quote u hv much?

2day da rain was god damn heavy it was not visible for 10metres when i came back....den juz now i flip over my bike cuz jam da front brake.....lucky at car park....heart pain my ducati drop...

:cry: :giddy:

Pro Dero,

I've changed my engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs, speedo cable and speedo drive at Stamford last week before heading to Mersing. The spark plugs Ah Wah changed for me are indeed not suitable. The heat rating is not suitable for Monster. Becareful when you change things from there in future. Ah Wah might not know much about Monsters.

I'll be heading down to Minerva to let them check my throttle this Saturday. Quite tight now. Lubing the cable doesn't help. I think need to replace something. Front sprocket STILL no stock! Was qouted ~$72.

Are you okay or not? Any serious damage to your bike? Becareful man.

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by rehdeer@Jan 19 2006, 10:54 AM

Jungfrau! Nice! I've been there before. I went to Jungfraujoch - top of Europe... COLD.

Tell us more about your music contest! What do you play or sing?

I play trumpet! :smile:

Um, I've yet to work out how much it will cost, but for a 5 day stay it will probably cost around 2k, inclusive of air ticket, accomodation, food, transport, and renting of bikes/equiptment for one day.

Originally posted by rehdeer@Jan 19 2006, 03:29 PM

i play the clarinet !! can i join your band? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/5.gif

Actually, yes~!

Whats your experience like? Do you still play regularly?

If you do well, I'm sure you can join us for the upcoming trip!

Originally posted by nE0@Jan 19 2006, 03:39 PM

Actually, yes~!

Whats your experience like? Do you still play regularly?

If you do well, I'm sure you can join us for the upcoming trip!

4 years in secondary school, we won several golds in the inter-school band competition, took part in SYF and NDP. but haven't been playing since then :p

guess i'm too old for your band!

http://home2.pacific.net.sg/~hwee_li/avatar/vespa.gif