SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by contacted@Jan 12 2006, 09:16 AM

:weep: *sigh* another problem.

Question folks, earlier on when I was riding to work my throttle acted weird. When I closed the throttle physically, 'internally' it wouldn't 'cut the throttle'. Means that I can turn the throttle back, but the engine is still being 'rev-ed'.

Is it something that some WD40 can help? Read that the manual recommends to lube the throttle area once in a while, or should I bring it to a mech?

Hi Contacted,

I had the same problem back a few months when I was out of Sinkapor.

It was raining and we were riding like very slow and I tag along at 2nd or 3rd gear only.

When we reached the destination, I closed the throttle but the engine still being rev-ed like what you mention.

This is what I/we did:

1. Stop the engine.

2. Rev/release the throttle a few times. ( abt 5 times )

3. Start engine and the beast have been tame to obey it's master.

It never have such problems anymore.

Yes of coz, it's good to lube the cable with WD40 I guess.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Thanks espido1001 and vince for the input. I'll try to lube when I get the chance or when I get some allen keys. Is it easy to do, or would I snap the cable or something.

Anyway I went down to the mech after work today, he says its due to the wet weather, not much of a problem. I'll continue to monitor it.

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Contacted.

I think the right way is to grease it instead of WD40. WD40 will slide off instead of staying put in the holder and keeping it protected with a layer of grease.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1996 - 1997 : Aprillia RS125 Extrema

1997 - 1998 : Yamaha DT200WR

1998 - 2005 : Not been Riding.....

2005 - 2006 : Honda XR400RV & Ducati Monster

2006 Onwards : Something BIG ! ! is coming.......

Heh yah hor, try to lube lube... must lube chain liao, rain so much recently, haven't lubed chain in a long time.

Originally posted by nE0@Jan 14 2006, 01:37 AM

Why don't you just use one, and share the other with someone else?

Or is it split into two halfway?

Too Short Bro! Thought of that but it's too short! Think it's meant only for twin disc monster only.

Guest fengdrew

hey guys, i juz went down to several bikes shop recommended by Ducati riders. however none have 2nd hand M400 w them...

any1 of u know is there any other shops that r selling it? or any owners wanna sell off theirs?

any1 here interested in a 3day charity ride to seremban? on 14 april fri.... :confused:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Originally posted by GalanteD@Jan 13 2006, 12:55 AM

I think the right way is to grease it instead of WD40. WD40 will slide off instead of staying put in the holder and keeping it protected with a layer of grease.

don't use wd40 on O-ring chains ... will destroy the o-rings lube ... better to clean with light petrol rag, then lube with chain lube, then run through with cloth to remove excess lube.

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

Originally posted by coolcat@Jan 15 2006, 08:26 AM

don't use wd40 on O-ring chains ... will destroy the o-rings lube ... better to clean with light petrol rag, then lube with chain lube, then run through with cloth to remove excess lube.

Cheers

Cat

Hes not refering to the chain but the throttle cable instead. :smile:

Yo guys,

Nice meeting you all. Too bad the weather was crazy. If not we could have checked out each other's rides. Thanks for the nice comments on my bike. A huge amount of credit goes to the ex-owner who looked after it so well. Anyway ALL Monsters are beautiful to look at and sounds great even in stock condition. It's just the tiny bits of customisation that makes each Monster a little more unique and sexy. I'm loving my bike more and more each day.

Oh yah I'm having a stiff throttle too. Don't know why suddenly the throttle just feels very tight. Mechanic opened the casing and found out that the internals are abit worn off. Think I'm going to replace them soon.

BTW for the final time, anyone else keen on the Oxford panniers? I find them to be the nicest looking panniers and they can be expanded to 45L each! That is huge! Price is $340/pair but we can get it at around $320 if we combine 2 or more orders. Goods will take 2 weeks to arrive. If nobody else is interested by the end of this week, I am going to place the order alone. I'm abit tired of carrying my yellow backpack around.

Vince and Daren,

Do let me know when you guys wanna order the fuel plug stickers (Vince do you have links or pictures?). I wanna get it too. Thanks!

In the meantime, ride safe and take care everybody!

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Jan 16 2006, 10:38 PM

Yo guys,

Nice meeting you all. Too bad the weather was crazy. If not we could have checked out each other's rides. Thanks for the nice comments on my bike. A huge amount of credit goes to the ex-owner who looked after it so well. Anyway ALL Monsters are beautiful to look at and sounds great even in stock condition. It's just the tiny bits of customisation that makes each Monster a little more unique and sexy. I'm loving my bike more and more each day.

Oh yah I'm having a stiff throttle too. Don't know why suddenly the throttle just feels very tight. Mechanic opened the casing and found out that the internals are abit worn off. Think I'm going to replace them soon.

BTW for the final time, anyone else keen on the Oxford panniers? I find them to be the nicest looking panniers and they can be expanded to 45L each! That is huge! Price is $340/pair but we can get it at around $320 if we combine 2 or more orders. Goods will take 2 weeks to arrive. If nobody else is interested by the end of this week, I am going to place the order alone. I'm abit tired of carrying my yellow backpack around.

Vince and Daren,

Do let me know when you guys wanna order the fuel plug stickers (Vince do you have links or pictures?). I wanna get it too. Thanks!

In the meantime, ride safe and take care everybody!

Panniers? ahh budget abit restricted leh, are you getting through Choy?

I'm in for the Fuel Cap Carbon Fibre Sticker... Vince? start the order?

Fuel Tank Cap CF Sticker? L.A.B got sell right? Saw on ebay with shipping at USD$15 a pc, not worth it, think L.A.B sells it at SGD$15 a pc. Unless those at L.A.B can't fit our bike.

Didn't I like promote the Oxford panniers few pages back already? :faint:

They work great with Monsters, nomather how high your exhaust is, unless your exhaust is on your seat of course :D I can teach you how to mount and dismount the panniers in 15 seconds.

Yes, in fact the brouchure states theres Yellow, but the nearest distributer in KL only has Blue, silver, black and red. Red is sold out now I think, even the tailpack doesn't have red.

Maybe you guys can order directly from somewhere which has all the colors?

Hey guys,

I am ordering the panniers from Motrax33. He got "Blur", "Red" and "Black". Yellow would be nice for me, rehdeer and sols but I'm worried that it will turn into dark yellow very soon. Here's the link to the Oxford panniers: http://www.oxprod.com/pages/2004HUMPBACK/04panniers.html

So who wants to get them:

1. yohji

For the carbon fuel plug stickers, I wonder if it is REAL carbon inside? Seen many such stickers in shops but they don't fit Monster's fuel plug. You guys notice that our fuel plugs have tiny grooves around the circumference? Don't think the stickers can stick very well leh??

c26492.jpg

Quick question, is it 'lockable'?

Originally posted by contacted@Jan 17 2006, 08:34 AM

Quick question, is it 'lockable'?

that's a good question... no where on the website or brochure did they say it can be locked. Neo would be the best person to advise us :)

can these side panniers be fixed onto the bike "permanently" for daily transport of things? or are they meant for just transporting stuff, meaning when you reach your destination, you take it off and carry with you wherever you go?

yohji, i'll let you know as soon as possible

http://home2.pacific.net.sg/~hwee_li/avatar/vespa.gif

Originally posted by espido1001@Jan 6 2006, 08:39 PM

ohhh motocafe : so u're the owner of the beautiful monster 996 ! amazing pipes.esp how it's meant to replicate the 996's stance ! just amazing job.. now 3 1/2 yrs of waiting... u must be one patient fella ! u joining us for the ducati gathering next wed(11 JAN) at nite? i'm sure everyone would love to check out yr completed M996 up close ! :thumb: :thumb:

Sorry guys, I was not able to get online since I last posted the pictures on my monster.

Wish I could have joined you guys for the meetup but my monster is not yet fully-operational. A couple of things needs to be tidied up before I can put it on the road.