SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha FJR1300

mini-dero

Hi to all, I'm having some problem here with my bike. Some time my bike will miss fire when I throttle away n after which it will b ok then awhile later It comes again. When I start my bike when at stop or in the morning, it will bubble away then after awhile normal again then ride half way n it comes again. Anyone here knows what happen? I'm riding a 08 FJR... Damn sian...

KTM200 EGS, RD125, SKIPPER150, SP150,CBRR400, CBRR900, Y125Z, AFERICAN TWIN 750, HAYABUSA GEN 1 LIMITED EDITION, KTM200 EXC MOTARD (Conversion), FJR1300, SPARK135, BMW R1200GS RALLYE EDITION (Current), GILERA NEXUS 500 (Current)

:cheer::cheer:

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi to all, I'm having some problem here with my bike. Some time my bike will miss fire when I throttle away n after which it will b ok then awhile later It comes again. When I start my bike when at stop or in the morning, it will bubble away then after awhile normal again then ride half way n it comes again. Anyone here knows what happen? I'm riding a 08 FJR... Damn sian...

misfire then go get it tuned lor.

misfire then go get it tuned lor.

Hmm, I've just change my spark plugs n shell monitor it for awhile. If still goes on then I shell go do another TBS...

KTM200 EGS, RD125, SKIPPER150, SP150,CBRR400, CBRR900, Y125Z, AFERICAN TWIN 750, HAYABUSA GEN 1 LIMITED EDITION, KTM200 EXC MOTARD (Conversion), FJR1300, SPARK135, BMW R1200GS RALLYE EDITION (Current), GILERA NEXUS 500 (Current)

i had that problem before but not on my fjr. its on my last bike. just go ask your mech to open up and service if still possiable if not u got to change a new set, on mine fault last time is due the the contact point burn and melt the plastic thingy inside causing the problem and i change the whole set for like 160+ i cant remember but for fjr i bet it will be more X !

Thanks TeRrYBEaR, Problem solved with a blast of WD40. Now its working wonderfully. Lucky is not burnt if not $$ fly...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d158/flareon1982/Misc/1.jpg

Will water enter the tank n causes the bike to misfire? Anyone encounter such problem b4?

Will water enter the tank n causes the bike to misfire? Anyone encounter such problem b4?

haven't heard of water entering the tank but the rubber seal inside your fuel cover (not the seal on the cover but the one on the tank) tends to keep water inside.

that's why my mechanic cut it out because all the FJRs he serviced had this 'problem'

haven't heard of water entering the tank but the rubber seal inside your fuel cover (not the seal on the cover but the one on the tank) tends to keep water inside.

that's why my mechanic cut it out because all the FJRs he serviced had this 'problem'

I've found out wat causes the misfiring. It's cause by water in my tank. They pour out my petrol n found out tat there is abt 500ml of water in it. What causes it? Answer is simple, over at the air box cover where our over flow tubing will run trough, my mechanic accidentally close up my tube n there for the tube is stuck n water cant flow trough it. As days of washing bike n raining, water can't flow trough n eventurally water will goes into the tank. This happen during my last servicing abt 1 mth ago...

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125877

I will b going for top up n makan in msia tonite either by 1st or 2nd link but out by 1st link at abt 10.30pm-11pm Anyone keen to go tonite can drop me a msg at 96946766.

Bad weather in wld area... Sianz...

Hi all FJRians,

What is your average fuel consumption while riding in SG?

I only managed 36mpg.. Dunno should send for injector cleaning & TBS..

I've tried between 3000rpm to 4000rpm n I get 50+mpg to 60+mpg. It reli all depends on how u throttle n wheather u r going up hill or down hill. When my fuel hit reserve, I've clock abt 204miles on 20 liters. U can try out the cheaper way by using STP injector cleaner to try out 1st. It works well on my FJR 08 n miliage increase... For TBS, it is adviseable to get in done at least once a year.

learn something new about the bike today

the right side mirror would vibrate (reflected images would be blur) at 110-120km/hr and above

left side mirror would be clear.

today i went to pump my tyres

right side mirror stop vibrating.

Hi all FJRians,

What is your average fuel consumption while riding in SG?

I only managed 36mpg.. Dunno should send for injector cleaning & TBS..

i avg 46.6mpg..

Die hard Fan of Modern Creation Munich.

the right side mirror would vibrate (reflected images would be blur) at 110-120km/hr and above

then u very heng, mine still the same...haha

I have this issue too... Lol

i avg 46.6mpg..

Mine was Av55mpg at 3500rpm this morning.

Mine was Av55mpg at 3500rpm this morning.

quite good leh..mayb i warm up too long..btw how many bars of temp b4 moving off?

I've found out wat causes the misfiring. It's cause by water in my tank. They pour out my petrol n found out tat there is abt 500ml of water in it. What causes it? Answer is simple, over at the air box cover where our over flow tubing will run trough, my mechanic accidentally close up my tube n there for the tube is stuck n water cant flow trough it. As days of washing bike n raining, water can't flow trough n eventurally water will goes into the tank. This happen during my last servicing abt 1 mth ago...

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125877

i suppose u tank "mouth" show sign of rust? mine too..but no misfiring..i gg for servicing soon..so see go water inside anot..

quite good leh..mayb i warm up too long..btw how many bars of temp b4 moving off?

usually i will look at the idiling. when i drop untill ard 900rpm after warm up then i will move off. didn't reli take note on the temp bar. btw, spark plugs also will different in the miliage... i using Agip 10w60 fully syn engine oil, NGK Iridium plugs and K&N oil filter...

i suppose u tank "mouth" show sign of rust? mine too..but no misfiring..i gg for servicing soon..so see go water inside anot..

not reli got rust... if u got abt 500ml of water in it then i can tell u for sure, ur bike sure will misfire one. LoL

Hi guys. Would like to know if anyone has adjusted the suspensions of the bike? It seems that the handle bar seems to vibrate alot and my hand will go numb shortly after. Any recommendation from fellow riders?

I weight 53kg.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d158/flareon1982/Misc/1.jpg

Hi guys. Would like to know if anyone has adjusted the suspensions of the bike? It seems that the handle bar seems to vibrate alot and my hand will go numb shortly after. Any recommendation from fellow riders?

I weight 53kg.

Vibration could cause by alot of factors. Try checking from the very bottom which is the tyre, air pressure, rim bearing n steering cone. I've done up mine by a fren and I did some adjustment on both front n rear suspension on pg track.

Edited by william_2981

I weight 53kg.

Maybe u can try on ur rebound too...

Edited by william_2981