SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha FJR1300

mini-dero

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rip.......

Edited by Kumar_83

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/brendanchin/balls_1.jpg

If you're riding a bike but not calculating the 50 possibilities in the 50 meters of road ahead of you, then you're dangerous and shouldnt be on one.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the box can fly off, due to the rubber mounts near the exhaust being worn out.

My left pannier also flew off, lucky i was at 110kmph when that happened in malaysia. remedy is to cut slippers and slot it into the gap between the pannier and the bike, or to use velcro book straps to 'tie' the pannier handle to the pillion bar.

• 2 weeks later...
box can fly???? can you share more thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

theres a safety sticker inside the side pannier and manual it self.side pannier will risk of flying off if exceed certain speed.read back dated thread, i think someone did mention his box flew off at thailand.

Die hard Fan of Modern Creation Munich.

Yupz...its common for the box the flew of due to wear n tear to the pannier hooks or the brackets slots or the rubber hinge at the exhausts...

Best way is to mod the box or strap it down to the pillion grab bar...

N the panniers box aint cheap...

One side cost at least $1k++...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

@ooitn , the legs worn off bro...rubbing against the box brackets..

When go high speed/humps or pot-hole...the box will jump out off the bracket n slip out...

Thats where it will flew off...

The bracket on the exhaust is just a guide for the box..

Thanks for the reply..

Then the wear off should be very significant...

in my opinion, as long as the box is secured nicely with out excessive movement, the box should not drop.

I pad the hook catchment hole with rubber to reduce wear..

@ooitn , the legs worn off bro...rubbing against the box brackets..

When go high speed/humps or pot-hole...the box will jump out off the bracket n slip out...

Thats where it will flew off...

The bracket on the exhaust is just a guide for the box..

FJR 1300...

以德æœäºº...

@ooitn , yupz...its obvious for the wear n tear...

Shake ur box to see how much the free play...too much or shake alot means u better b careful...

I did put a rubber pad too on the catchment hole...just make sure box seated properly bro...

Nw i kiasu abit..put rubber pads n also strap my box to the passenger grab rail to prevent it frm flyin off.. ;)

U can also drill a hole on the bottom n insert a lock pin..as many fjrians does.. ;)

I think drill the holes is the wiser idea, if you strap the box to the grab rail, it tends to have a lifting effect on to the lock handle, if bike jerks, this could force to lift up and releases the grab.... my 2 cents.

@ooitn , yupz...its obvious for the wear n tear...

Shake ur box to see how much the free play...too much or shake alot means u better b careful...

I did put a rubber pad too on the catchment hole...just make sure box seated properly bro...

Nw i kiasu abit..put rubber pads n also strap my box to the passenger grab rail to prevent it frm flyin off.. ;)

U can also drill a hole on the bottom n insert a lock pin..as many fjrians does.. ;)

FJR 1300...

以德æœäºº...

Hello guys, i am the admin from Club FJR SG. we are currently 50 pax strong of active members riding FJR from Gen 1-3. We are currently on the app "Telegram". If you are interested to join us. Do feel free to download the app and msg me at +6597691688. But a pre warning will be that.......we are really ACTIVE and the chat goes on n on n on n on.....This is exclusive to FJR riders only.

Hi, newbie here. Just got a 2006 model. Any recommended workshops to service my ride? Thanks!

I will recommend bikeworks which is located at kaki bukit rd 1, first east centre. Their mechanics are familiar in servicing fjr1300.

Sent from my LG-P875 using Tapatalk

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

Hello guys, i am the admin from Club FJR SG. we are currently 50 pax strong of active members riding FJR from Gen 1-3. We are currently on the app "Telegram". If you are interested to join us. Do feel free to download the app and msg me at +6597691688. But a pre warning will be that.......we are really ACTIVE and the chat goes on n on n on n on.....This is exclusive to FJR riders only.

ex fjr ridder can join bo =)

2004 TA 200

2006 Comet GT 125

2006 Baby kawa 150 krr

2006 Honda RVF

2009 Honda CB 1000 R (The beast had been Release!)

2010 Yamaha FJR 1300

Next will it be BMW 1600 or quit ridding go for 4 wheel ???

END UP i drive :cry: but i really miss my fjr..

Good day guys!! I just got a 2005 fjr. Need some advise from the experienced owners. Is there anything in particular i should look out for this gen 1 model? Another thing is that my speedometer lightings seems to be dim on the left side. How can i retify this? Thanks.