SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Any comments?Heard it's a good and lots of advices come from them.:thumb:

Date: Since Feb 2008

Shop Name: Planet Motors

Address:3007 Ubi Rd 1

#01-430 Singapore 408701

Tel : 67474740

Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm

Not So Busy period: 9am to 10am every mon to wed.

Peak Period: Mostly Thurs, Fri and Sat.

All types of bikes

-(2001-2008 R1)

-(Bandit400)

-(RVF)

-(GSXR400,600,750,1000 K5-K8)

-(S4 Ver S,Spec I,II,III)

-(CBR900RRV,929)

-(SP)

-(CBR400,600,1000)

-Kup Kias

=====================================================

Reply being posted frm one of the members,shiraz

What service/product did you purchase? : front brake pump or something spoilt, went to 3 bike shops and yamaha agent, all could not find any problem! but ah chong press my front brake lever he know already!

Level of service: 10

Level of knowledge: 9

Level of value for money: 10

How happy are you overall: 20!

What makes this shop commendable?

ok my front brake had some problems when i got the bike... went to the shop i got it from, they ask me to raise my handlebar because the angle of the wire cannot pump brake fluid! stock dragstar handle cannot pump brake fluid properly la very good... ok nvm... went to 2 other shops all said it's normal.. then nvm, went to agent for a full service + grease shaft.. agent said it's normal as well and that got no problem..

so i made the trip down to planet one fine day and asked ah chong(boss) what was wrong? he said.. bleed the brake can already.. if cannot u come back have to check the pump. so i said ok la..

he changed the brake fluid and there was actually water in the reservoir(dunno how it got there!)

after changing the fluid, the problem was still there but very very very slight.. but im a sucker for perfection la so i went back there 2 days later and told him still got problem then he said muz change the rubber or something la i forgot.. around $30+... BUT he had to order it so asked me to come tmr.. and i asked him where is a goot place to make a rear number plate... so he recommended the shop at the corner.. and i got my number plate made... silver wording on black acrylic back then i thought i wanted to ask ah chong to fix la coz scared later i damage the plate ah heart pain..

so i went back the next day (i live at jurong BTW) got the thing fixed, and he showed me that it was leaking and there was brake fluid all inside my lever the compartment there.. the mech cleaned it up and changed the rubber thingy..

and i asked to fix my rear plate also la.. drilled 2 holes and all.. so i went to pay... then this is what ah chong said... "u punya $38 campur lobang ah.. $4 satu lobang, $2 dua lobang.. betol???" (translation = yours ah $38 plus holes ah, $4 one hole, $2 two holes, correct???") i was like HUH.. damn blur for awhile then i started laughing already..

very very reliable shop!

AH CHONG

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 10:25 AM

Any comments?Heard it's a good and lots of advices come frm them 2.:thumb:

yah, if u know them well, those small small things they won't charge money.

i find tht the boss is quite gd at troubleshooting. he'll try to give u the cheapest solution also. tht time my radiator leaking, suppose to be spending few hundred dollars change the radiator but in the end i spend ard few dollars to buy radiator sealant

Originally posted by redname@Dec 28 2004, 10:31 AM

yah, if u know them well, those small small things they won't charge money.

i find tht the boss is quite gd at troubleshooting. he'll try to give u the cheapest solution also. tht time my radiator leaking, suppose to be spending few hundred dollars change the radiator but in the end i spend ard few dollars to buy radiator sealant

but do they do class2 sportbikes?

Coz recently i went dwn couple of times, they do gxr400,sp,kawa,rxz....so forth...:giddy:

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

They do my TLR for oil and small stuffs like cables and minor wirings.

First time I went there someone sent a ZX11 for overhaul and a few months back, they were working on a BlackBird overhaul.

Also seen a few Busas and big tourers there.....

I like to go to them coz they give me sense of trustworthiness. The boss is really friendly and a good joker. The mechs are very friendly too and willing to explain to you the problems your bike has. Plus he can help you hunt down for parts and will tell you whether he can get it or not, instead of telling you he has and then subsituting for something else.

One bad thing is, never go there on a Saturday if you're planning to do something big. He'll be very busy on Saturdays and may push your bike back. Best is to call him ahead and confirm with him the best day to do it. Alternatively, come early morning and be the first customer. He will spend a lot of time on your bike.

Changing of fork oil and seals, brake pads, alignments, flushing out of coolent....wat are ur views?:smile:

Recommended?

Went to planet today, told him my front wheel steering side got sound.

Got good impression on the boss himself.

Rode my R1 and later told me tat my front steerin juz need to tighten.So he did 4 me at no cost.

So nice of him.:thumb:

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 10:34 AM

but do they do class2 sportbikes?

Coz recently i went dwn couple of times, they do gxr400,sp,kawa,rxz....so forth...:giddy:

Yes they do service class 2 bikes there.

The service there is good and price is reasonable. They never try to carrot chop you.

Like when they check yr bike.. if the part never spoil but still can use.. they sure tell you can use don change. don waste money.

Nike - Just do it!

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 02:25 PM

Went to planet today, told him my front wheel steering side got sound.

Got good impression on the boss himself.

Rode my R1 and later told me tat my front steerin juz need to tighten.So he did 4 me at no cost.

So nice of him.:thumb:

who did it for you? Patrick? AH Chong? or the fat mech(sorry i jus can't remember his name..)

Nike - Just do it!

ah chong is ok la, he wont carrot u for things that is not spoiled, can do free he will do,

but price wise they are not the best, somethings are cheap but some do not, esp he hate pple who buy their own parts like me n ask him to fix, he will charge sky high labour fees

and he will do the same no matter how long u be wif him, but he has lost some old customers because his price is not flexible, he dun see relationship one

overall i can say hes ok but jus dun expect him to treat u any better even if u been wif him for few yrs

and who the hell is patrick, theres onli chong, wei chong, fat cat and one young guy, and the old despatch guy, ah yen went over to some units down

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r239/utopian355/ABCD0006-smallcopy.jpg

Originally posted by ah_tee@Dec 29 2004, 12:41 AM

ah chong is ok la, he wont carrot u for things that is not spoiled, can do free he will do,

but price wise they are not the best, somethings are cheap but some do not, esp he hate pple who buy their own parts like me n ask him to fix, he will charge sky high labour fees

and he will do the same no matter how long u be wif him, but he has lost some old customers because his price is not flexible, he dun see relationship one

overall i can say hes ok but jus dun expect him to treat u any better even if u been wif him for few yrs

and who the hell is patrick, theres onli chong, wei chong, fat cat and one young guy, and the old despatch guy, ah yen went over to some units down

hmmmm patrick is the guy ah chong call--Ah BENG!!!~~

Lolzzz

Originally posted by ah_tee@Dec 29 2004, 12:41 AM

Patrick = ah beng lor.

I always call him patrick though..

Nike - Just do it!

Haha, Ah beng oso haf ang moh mia!

I do my maintenance at planet for maybe 1-2 years, seen big bikes do come to him. So far their service charge is rather low, compare to powerwheel.... My bike's battery connection is loose, so I ask the mechanic to tighten for me. Unscrew 1, 2 and 3 screws, then tighten one screw. I thought if I change my engine oil, he would not charge me. In the end, the tightening cost $3. At planet, usually he dun charge me for this kind of things.

Originally posted by K|ay@Dec 30 2004, 12:20 PM

Haha, Ah beng oso haf ang moh mia!

I do my maintenance at planet for maybe 1-2 years, seen big bikes do come to him. So far their service charge is rather low, compare to powerwheel.... My bike's battery connection is loose, so I ask the mechanic to tighten for me. Unscrew 1, 2 and 3 screws, then tighten one screw. I thought if I change my engine oil, he would not charge me. In the end, the tightening cost $3. At planet, usually he dun charge me for this kind of things.

haha.. i tighten chain at Powerwheel... kena $2..

Originally posted by chase79@Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM

where is it??

Ubi Ave,Blk 3007 juz behind 3004 coffee shop.:sweat:

Originally posted by bomisman@Dec 30 2004, 07:50 PM

Did my first servicing there too when i first took out my Spec 2. The boss ask me why i decided to do here... told him " Someone recommend" :cheeky: Boss smile only.. :smile:

the boss also ask me same thing when i visited him 1st time with my rxz. i reply "cause ur shop is the 1st one mah" (haha, not knowing tht i have went against the traffic)

( yap i agreed )

But duno i sway or wad la.. he always charge me very high.. tio chop. His price COMFIRM PLUS CHOP not flexible wan.. gotta see his mood. Last time i went n ask for a bike's price.. he gave me 2k.. few days later go back he give me 2.4k -_-

"When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"

Originally posted by Shawn--@Dec 30 2004, 09:39 PM

( yap i agreed )

But duno i sway or wad la.. he always charge me very high.. tio chop. His price COMFIRM PLUS CHOP not flexible wan.. gotta see his mood. Last time i went n ask for a bike's price.. he gave me 2k.. few days later go back he give me 2.4k -_-

ah....so serious boh?:confused: