Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Knife Collection ?


Recommended Posts

Guys ...

 

i love knives and it's sharpness... this safety-first singapore doesnt allow much knife on open market but usually.. i found many items on auctions and thru friends.

got myself Kabar at end of last year, as my first collection.

 

so any other collectors? Katana? Tanto? SOG? CRKT? KABAR? GERBER?

 

so far i know only 2 shops with many choices, one in china town and Caesars.

 

well.. let's share and discuss here...!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually you would be able to import on your own. i know of a friend who does that, you just need to get it registered.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

 

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

 

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few in my collection, favorite is still my Bowie with the bone handle, but for more tactical use, I LOVE my Flash SOG. If you like knives, there is a shop near Bugis called Thong or something, I get most of my stuff there.

 

Cheers!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by danielburgess@April 29, 2007 05:32 pm

I have a few in my collection, favorite is still my Bowie with the bone handle, but for more tactical use, I LOVE my Flash SOG. If you like knives, there is a shop near Bugis called Thong or something, I get most of my stuff there.

 

Cheers!

can u let me know the address?.. i know only the shop in china town... thanks

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by danielburgess@April 29, 2007 05:32 pm

I have a few in my collection, favorite is still my Bowie with the bone handle, but for more tactical use, I LOVE my Flash SOG. If you like knives, there is a shop near Bugis called Thong or something, I get most of my stuff there.

 

Cheers!

SOG knife is really cool.... but so expensive....

 

found one in yahoo auction that is really impressive...

 

SOG

 

but the price is 140...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Crazy@April 29, 2007 04:22 pm

Nice. Like kabar knife alot. Black blade.

KABAR

 

got it from private collector... really sharp...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by slow_mode@May 01, 2007 02:28 am

I have a question for you guys. Is balisong legal in singapore?

i think it depends on blade's length.

 

most of the knife with long blade are not illegal.

 

but a frnd mention to me once that we can register with police to legally own the weapon as collection.

 

if u want balisong aka butterfly knife, u can check the shop in china town, they have a few items...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by danielburgess@May 01, 2007 09:53 am

I forgot the address, but it is facing shaw centre if I am not wrong.

 

Cheers!

do u refer to caesars at textile center ??

 

that's ancient weapons or japanese swords for collection, not for tatical or morden weapons...

and most of their knives are blunt.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kmax@May 02, 2007 05:37 am

i think it depends on blade's length.

 

most of the knife with long blade are not illegal.

 

but a frnd mention to me once that we can register with police to legally own the weapon as collection.

 

if u want balisong aka butterfly knife, u can check the shop in china town, they have a few items...

Hmm..I tink balisong knife is considered as weapon dude...dun tink the length has anything to do the classification.

 

However, I'm nt sure whether u cld register it with the police..

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

 

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm..I do like knifes too, wish I cld collect more..but then money is alwayx the prob..hee..

Currently hav a few blades..

I like spyderco folderble blades...real handy and dependable... :smile:

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

 

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kmax@May 02, 2007 05:37 am

i think it depends on blade's length.

 

most of the knife with long blade are not illegal.

 

but a frnd mention to me once that we can register with police to legally own the weapon as collection.

 

if u want balisong aka butterfly knife, u can check the shop in china town, they have a few items...

Can i have the address or shop name?

http://sanshan.myrice.com/gif/nvdren.gifhttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/sameister3/hardgay.gif

Damn flies

Link to post
Share on other sites

Balisongs are classified as weapons along with automatic knives and double edged blades, don't get caught with any of the above. There are other edged items also certified but I can't recall all of them, checkout bladeforums- knife rules and regs and the asian/australian community and if I'm not mistaken Arms and Explosives branch also has a list available.

 

There is no legal blade length, you get caught or checked with even a lil blade of one inch at the wrong place, wrong time with no reasonable explanation means you're in trouble.

 

Basically knives can be divided into two categories, folders and fixed blades.

Folders have a few types of locking systems or none(slipjoint) and fixed blades as the name says are like your kitchen knives...handle and blade straight together- also in quite a few forms.

 

I would advise reading and research into knives before you start buying your "collection", you may end up with rubbish knives. try not to get swept up by the HYPE that goes with some brands/knives...I was for a while..really hungry for the Emerson Commander, luckily I couldn't find one till the fever died).

 

Katana is not a Brand(as far as I know), its a term for the swords you see the samurais carrying, same for tanto( its a short, below two foot japanese blade).

 

There are many brands to look at and many types of knives. I've been a fan of spyderco for many years and eventhough I have a few other pieces to have on me, I usually end up with my trusty spyderco "michael Walker" lightweight on me. Spyderco is an american brand name but a majority of their knives are made in Japan (fit and finish, edge sharpness are confirmed right out of the box).

 

CRKTs are taiwan made but very affordable and innovative, good money for value if you are buying for use, check out the M16 range.

 

Another brand to check is Cold Steel.( search for their "PROOF" vids online).

 

Cheers,

g

Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot

Know your ride well if you wanna go fast

Enjoy your ride, Have Fun

Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gddigger@May 03, 2007 01:47 am

Balisongs are classified as weapons along with automatic knives and double edged blades, don't get caught with any of the above. There are other edged items also certified but I can't recall all of them, checkout bladeforums- knife rules and regs and the asian/australian community and if I'm not mistaken Arms and Explosives branch also has a list available.

 

There is no legal blade length, you get caught or checked with even a lil blade of one inch at the wrong place, wrong time with no reasonable explanation means you're in trouble.

 

Basically knives can be divided into two categories, folders and fixed blades.

Folders have a few types of locking systems or none(slipjoint) and fixed blades as the name says are like your kitchen knives...handle and blade straight together- also in quite a few forms.

 

I would advise reading and research into knives before you start buying your "collection", you may end up with rubbish knives. try not to get swept up by the HYPE that goes with some brands/knives...I was for a while..really hungry for the Emerson Commander, luckily I couldn't find one till the fever died).

 

Katana is not a Brand(as far as I know), its a term for the swords you see the samurais carrying, same for tanto( its a short, below two foot japanese blade).

 

There are many brands to look at and many types of knives. I've been a fan of spyderco for many years and eventhough I have a few other pieces to have on me, I usually end up with my trusty spyderco "michael Walker" lightweight on me. Spyderco is an american brand name but a majority of their knives are made in Japan (fit and finish, edge sharpness are confirmed right out of the box).

 

CRKTs are taiwan made but very affordable and innovative, good money for value if you are buying for use, check out the M16 range.

 

Another brand to check is Cold Steel.( search for their "PROOF" vids online).

 

Cheers,

g

Then how about a blunt balisong, is there such a thing, anyplace selling it?

intend to learn flipping with it.

http://sanshan.myrice.com/gif/nvdren.gifhttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/sameister3/hardgay.gif

Damn flies

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't shop around much for knives at all these days. I don't think you will be able to find a shop selling balisongs let alone "trainer" ones. Importers/sellers of scheduled weapons/contraband can go jail and pay fine.

 

I'm not encouraging you to try to bring it in yourself, even a trainer or "blunt/non blade" imported to you may earn a visit from the boys in blue. I do however understand why you need to play. My advice is to try fishing shops or hardware shops, if you are lucky, they may have old stock of a fishing knife with a splitting handle(made of plastic) , works the same...I played with one many years ago :cheer: . If I'm not mistaken Benchmade actually makes balisong trainers. BTW a balisong is the correct name..not butterfly knife(a butterfly knife is a reference to the twin short swords weilded by chinese martial artists), most likely the missnomer arose from the benchmade logo which is a Butterfly (they made and sold lotsa balisongs). Checkout the spyderco versions....also very nice.

 

Cheers,

g

Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot

Know your ride well if you wanna go fast

Enjoy your ride, Have Fun

Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gddigger+May 03, 2007 01:47 am-->
QUOTE (gddigger @ May 03, 2007 01:47 am)
There is no legal blade length, you get caught or checked with even a lil blade of one inch at the wrong place, wrong time with no reasonable explanation means you're in trouble.[/b]

Hmm..this portion is very grey...or rather, I'm nt really clear on ur point.

Are swiss army knifes considered as blade? :confused:

 

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

 

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by FW1314A@May 04, 2007 01:12 am

sry, but do u collect cai dao? jus kidding. no offense, :cheer:

Hmm..I tink there r ppl that do actually..hee..

Good cai dao also doesnt come cheap u noe??

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

 

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by original_ss+May 04, 2007 01:28 am-->
QUOTE (original_ss @ May 04, 2007 01:28 am)
Hmm..this portion is very grey...or rather, I'm nt really clear on ur point.

Are swiss army knifes considered as blade? :confused: [/b]

 

If you happen to have a small lil blade on your keychain and you look like "trouble" ie..nervous, sialan, etc the item in question can make life difficult because you are providing more reason for troubling yourself. Make sure you have a good explanation to having a tool on you ie for work or recreation, for instance, if you are going camping and you can bring your knife with you...don't forget the rest of your gear, I'm afraid just the knife alone won't do. If you have the habit of having a tool with you, I would advise you to stow it away(home/office) if you gonna be where the crowds or police spot checks will be.

Multi tools are a grey area for now, rumours have been making the rounds that multi tools with cutting blades MAY be restricted carry but keep your fingers crossed.

 

Chai toh and other kitchen knives are collected as well, people collect many things.

A Good shushi knife can set you back a few thousand dollars.

 

Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot

Know your ride well if you wanna go fast

Enjoy your ride, Have Fun

Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some nice knives in Hat Yai during my last trip. Some knives (even balisongs) are sold at the road side and there was this shop in the city with so many varieties that I was thinking in my mind how to take 1 sword back home. Thankfully I didn't buy it or else I have to change more baht :sweat:

 

I'm more of a Swiss Army knife collector, especially the huge tool kits set. I've stopped after I realised that Leatherman tools are more practical for my riding and touring use.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png
Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the really useful info gddigger.

 

so whatever i have in my hands become illegal... ahhhh.

 

i thought the knife with short blade is no problem.. but as u said... better store at home behind closet.. hahaha.. :lovestruck:

 

and for swiss army knife, or multitool.. i always wanted to bring with my bike wheneer i go outing or jb.. but afraid the spot check or custom check will make problem.

 

i love spyderco too.. but their piece are so damn expensive... expecially collector item the skeleton blade with spider web etched on the blade.. damn nice..

 

i was thinking to bring in very short knife, like SOG micron for next oversea trip, pretending as keychain.. hahha.. now no courage...

 

any knife from ur collection u want to sell ??? i am always here...

 

take care bro.. and thank you so much.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always carry multi-tool but it's inside the leather sheath that I put inside my pouch. As long as it's not worn outside, I think should be ok. After all, as long as it's not visible, you're not considered a threat, so at the customs, they'll go easier on you.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...