SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Scooter Speciality Shop 2008 - Good Recommendations

leaa

lotsa good review for Wonderful Motors... do they sell old vespas there?

i was down at "blk 1004" shop @ alexandra today... it's actually called

Yee Sing Motor

blk 1004 Bukit Merah Lane 3

i'm actually looking for a vespa myself... he had some old vespas lined up infront... mainly above 1.5k... he recommended me this "naked" 1983 vespa FC plate for 1.8k... as i told him i wana do up the old vespa, he said he could sell mi this "naked" one with the bare neccessities since i was gng to re-spray it anyway... he claims all his old vespas engines are done up well and won't give problems and even offered 1 month warranty for any of the vespas that he sells me... he even said he could do it up for me for 2.2k with the spray color of my choice, but i had to buy the accessories seperately myself (eg.. chrome rails, seats, racks... ), while he help fit it on...

but 1.8k sounds steep for a plain vespa... and i'm new to vespas, or rather bikes in general... anythings i gota look out for? like wat to test?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tink the best way to buy a vespa is to buy from old uncles.

my fren bought an excel 150 for a mere $300 from an old uncle. his insurance is much more than the bike itself. as excel is quite a 'new' model, he dont need to overhaul his vespa. just change the outlook. horn covers, side panels, handle bar and with some chrome accessories, his vespa already look classic.

Originally posted by emrun@Feb 7 2006, 11:22 AM

i tink the best way to buy a vespa is to buy from old uncles.

my fren bought an excel 150 for a mere $300 from an old uncle. his insurance is much more than the bike itself. as excel is quite a 'new' model, he dont need to overhaul his vespa. just change the outlook. horn covers, side panels, handle bar and with some chrome accessories, his vespa already look classic.

sounds like a real cool buy...

any old uncles around here...?? heh..

Originally posted by mutant_sheep@Feb 13 2006, 12:36 AM

IMHO. recommeded overwhelm is not really good idea.

got a fren told me that he been chop at 1 of the "most recommended" shop, paid but job not done.

actually ... i believe there r more testimonials than recommendations here. :cheeky:

which shop r u referring to? U r here long enuf .. u should know which one u will be sued and which one you won't for giving "feedback" ma :sweat:

Selling my

- X9 Evo Winter Windshield

Feb 2004 - Sep 2004: TA 150

Sep 2004 - V Day 2009: X9 Evo

Jun 2008 - ~~~~~ : Fit GD 1.3 A

Originally posted by horizoner@Feb 13 2006, 09:20 AM

actually ... i believe there r more testimonials than recommendations here. :cheeky:

which shop r u referring to? U r here long enuf .. u should know which one u will be sued and which one you won't for giving "feedback" ma :sweat:

u also long enuf here. u should know something can be tell & alot of things can't be tell here.

i just wanna avoid war. :sweat:

again my opinion here is don't over recommend bike shop. they might became proud & "lan si".

Originally posted by mutant_sheep@Feb 13 2006, 05:21 PM

u also long enuf here. u should know something can be tell & alot of things can't be tell here.

again my opinion here is don't over recommend bike shop. they might became proud & "lan si".

:smile: :thumb: lan si lan yong

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/beckhen/Signature.jpg

well i think you should look at the date of the last recommandations, which is on the november last year. So until now it has been 2 moths plus and no one have made any recomandations. so how have your overwhelming recomandations comes from? I can understand we should not over recommand a shop but from all the readings the rest of the ppl are just sharing their experience with the shop they visited.

no active trips since 2006

Originally posted by sigg4@Feb 13 2006, 05:52 PM

well i think you should look at the date of the last recommandations, which is on the november last year. So until now it has been 2 moths plus and no one have made any recomandations. so how have your overwhelming recomandations comes from? I can understand we should not over recommand a shop but from all the readings the rest of the ppl are just sharing their experience with the shop they visited.

Totally agreed...:smile: :cheer:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

i think u wanna say is Botak lar ... just be more direct mah .. no need to be wishy washy :cheeky: .. i help u say :cheeky:

u do a short analysis on those who recommeded the shop lor ... is it mainly from the group of "loyal" supporters? Nope :smile: mainly from other scooter members. Although there is a majority of testimonials for wonderful motor, they come from a more neutral source.

I hv never praised his shop in this thread even though botak has really help me a lot with my x9.

hmm .. as for yr fren, if he feels injustice about the prob not being solved, pls advise him to go back to wonderful motor for rectification. Botak is human and makes mistakes sometime though. But I am very sure he is not one who shirks responsibilites. Honesty is his forte in this trade! If yr fren doesn't feel comfortable, I can acc him down :thumb:

Selling my

Originally posted by horizoner@Feb 13 2006, 07:06 PM

i think u wanna say is Botak lar ... just be more direct mah .. no need to be wishy washy :cheeky: .. i help u say :cheeky:

u do a short analysis on those who recommeded the shop lor ... is it mainly from the group of "loyal" supporters? Nope :smile: mainly from other scooter members. Although there is a majority of testimonials for wonderful motor, they come from a more neutral source.

I hv never praised his shop in this thread even though botak has really help me a lot with my x9.

hmm .. as for yr fren, if he feels injustice about the prob not being solved, pls advise him to go back to wonderful motor for rectification. Botak is human and makes mistakes sometime though. But I am very sure he is not one who shirks responsibilites. Honesty is his forte in this trade! If yr fren doesn't feel comfortable, I can acc him down :thumb:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Originally posted by lance666@Feb 15 2006, 12:13 AM

IMO i tink botak is gd & honest guy.

Feel comfortable lettin him fixin my bike rather than others...

AS long u think u r comfortable with the mechanic or bike shop, just stick to it......cos only him or the bike shop know about ur bike. :smile:

Originally posted by Satgi@Feb 15 2006, 02:05 AM

AS long u think u r comfortable with the mechanic or bike shop, just stick to it......cos only him or the bike shop know about ur bike. :smile:

well said. :clapping:

u haf to try tat particular shop service in order to see whether ur happy wif them anot :D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Originally posted by coolcat@Nov 3 2005, 06:15 PM

Best thing is, I can go there at 10 p.m and he's still around. He's off on Sundays and public holidays - the man gotta have a life, right? There's a few fellas around the shop too, all strangely fat but they know their stuff.

:lol:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all: Try Wonderful Motor to know the real Doctor.....:thumb:

Wonderful Motor 'BOTAK' is da best in town....:thumb:

WARNING.....!!!!!!!!

1st of March is a bad luck for me....?

Right BRAKE CALIPER being STOLEN....

So anybody staying WOODLANDS area watch out, BOTAK get it fix and install SECURITY ALARM FOR ME....really heart pain.

Just to share and be alert not to be a victim like me...i'll gonna kill that S.O.T.B....!

First Time Scooter.....M.Kazze

Originally posted by Kazze@Mar 2 2006, 08:40 PM

WARNING.....!!!!!!!!

So anybody staying WOODLANDS area watch out, BOTAK get it fix and install SECURITY ALARM FOR ME....really heart pain.

Just to share and be alert not to be a victim like me...i'll gonna kill that S.O.T.B....!

These people got nothing better to do...muz whack if catch them... :mad: :offtopic:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8246/untitlednb3.jpg

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next.

Originally posted by Kazze@Mar 2 2006, 08:40 PM

WARNING.....!!!!!!!!

hope u never get back ache from sleeping at the balcony? :cheeky:

Selling my

kimi_x8....i've bought myself a baseball wooden baton 'BREAK GLASS IN CASE EMERGENCY'...Haha...? :giddy:

horizoner...I've a very good sleep yesterday..! but very2 alert!! so have to park at

5th floor up and down make myself fit....:help:

First Time Scooter.....M.Kazze