Scooter Speciality Shop 2008 - Good Recommendations

leaa

Originally posted by kennyseaw@Mar 17 2005, 11:21 PM

First way is still try to become friends with them, so more easy to neg. mah :cheeky:

Once again, everyone got their own opinion, trust yourself, final decision is still yours, comments is just a guide as everyone may experience different ways :thumb:

agree with kenny....different pots suit different pot lids...

so I stress...read the advises from the forum with a rational mindset.

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

• Replies 387

yes... the comments given by each & every other members r for reference only

the price & treatment they so claim to receive does not guarantee u enjoying the same privileges should u patronise the alleged shop

many of the "special" prices & treatments come after building the rapport with the mechanics & the very ppl running the business.

last but not least, do not flame the members speaking their piece for the workshops they patronise for they r only jux sharing their own experiences

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/changmao/ninedragoncafe.jpg

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48008&d=1198993193

Originally posted by Reese@Mar 17 2005, 11:30 PM

yes... the comments given by each & every other members r for reference only

the price & treatment they so claim to receive does not guarantee u enjoying the same privileges should u patronise the alleged shop

many of the "special" prices & treatments come after building the rapport with the mechanics & the very ppl running the business.

last but not least, do not flame the members speaking their piece for the workshops they patronise for they r only jux sharing their own experiences

This is a open forum which we share, healthy discussion and comments. Not everybody will agree what we trying to say/comments. Everything’s goes by feeling, if you feel for it, GO for it then

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

nowaday don't think staying loyal is a good idea, always kana chopped after that, still better to go around to compare the price and the quility of the workmanship.

maybe is the enviroment i'm in, always need more than one "diaster recovery site" :smile:

see again and again and again and again and again.......:(

if u think the shop is gd, recommend it wen u guys meet up..

no nid to always promote in the forum...

PUBLIC forum somemore..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Originally posted by ah tiang@Mar 18 2005, 06:53 PM

if u think the shop is gd, recommend it wen u guys meet up..

no nid to always promote in the forum...

PUBLIC forum somemore..

finally someone have the same view of my :smile:

Some recommendation is good, but over recommend A bikeshop is not good as it will only rise up WAR one of this days :sian: reason> too much to explain :sweat:

Just an example > PSC issue.... It was because of over recommendation, and if someone just not happy with it > :goodluck: WAR again

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Sorry no new update.

WARNING: Below is only personal experience and recommendation, final decision is still up to you.

HKL(Hock Kim Leong) - Benny Tan,97977989,62727292,blk 1007 #01-05 bukit merah lane 3,alexandra village, "Just changed my engine oil and rear brake pad,engine oil R4 1L $16,SBS brake pad $18,All include labor charge. Should be lower than market rate.engine oil R4 10W50 $16. Lowest price I can find, Benny told me if change tyre, he will charge $70+ for michelin tyre "

REVIEWED DATE: Feb 23 2005

Soon Motor - Blk 1069 Eunos Ave 5 #01-185, "The people there are friendly and things i done to my bike was quite cheap.I changed my front tyre, rubber mounting and have my oil meter done for $140"

REVIEWED DATE: Mar 4 2005

Sunrise Eurobike - Simon,62995226,Kallang Avenue Industrial Centre Blk 2 No. 152 Kallang Avenue "he solve it for me in 2 hrs time with my x9 is back in power Although, he charge abit more $$$ than some other bikeshops but he do provide Warrently which i am inpressive with. Simon have been servicing/repairing Piaggio scooter for the pass 20+ yrs Personally, i believe he definitely know what he's doing and he's willing to share and care to explain.I went To Sunrise Euro to look for simon last week, he really did explain to me clearly what went wrong with my bike...can see that he does know what he is doing and he do provide Warrenty "

Tai Hin - "Two thumbs up for Tai-Hin - Jackye and his crew... 60mins means 60 minutes.. he got one of his despatch guys to deliver the michelin S1 in a jiffy....he also make sure i get all the parts change, without having to come back again and dismantle the bike again. Frankly speaking.... i dont mind paying more..... because Tai Hin invested on the proper tools and equipment to do a ONE TIME proper job, good quality workmanship. My initial experience with them wasn't that good but it was slowly after a while they've become a shop that I frequent. I've change 3 tyres and some other "major" work. My bike is still running well and infact its better than last time. They're willing to help me out esp in tuning areas like carb jetting and clutch spring adjustments with NO complaints."

REVIEWED DATE: Mar 11 2005

Wonderful Motor - Along Rowell Road, botak,tel:62914678, 96936520, near Desker road, open till 11pm, "Do my old hexagon and now ride very smooth and free.I left my bike there for servicing.When returned,he even show me the old parts and explain slighty of the bike.Talk about botak, humm... he know how to save $$$ for you and save in a safety way.I went there as he promised to give me a main stand as mine is spoiled.Is free! He oso sell me a like brand new(90%) speedo panel for my hexagon with a cheap price. Last nite, abt 12midnite ,had a problem tat my sparkplugs cap loose, cos my scoot. down. 2 my surprise ,it still open & Botak had the spark plug's screw replace & solved my problem. Furthermore, he did not charge me a single cent, He's really a nce guy.my dunlop rear tyre size is 120/90-10. is a good buy for just $68. get it at Alexandra Village will be around $85 or maybe more.Not selling advertisment hor, but Botak is reasonable lah and like the way he handle my bike, a lot of workmanship involve: take out side skirt, exhaust, then replace rear tyre. he also need to earn a living mah.Reali an experience guy i must sae, anything small or major can go over.The price is veri reasonable.They are friendly, professional, price cheap and reasonable. Sometimes FOC, I also paiseh...Small thing they would't charge a cent, important is their skill level is there and price is very reasonable. Dun have to worry abt begin chop carrot or money go to the drain.Basically , Botak is friendly and will explain and advise you what needs to be changed if necessary. I had my belt, rollers etc changed and now my scooter runs WONDER-fully.I changed Belt and rollers and 3 little plastic thing that attaches to the clutch housing. parts is $ 135 , workmanship $35 totalling $170. Went WONDERFUL!!!! to service my amalfi on sat....really wonderful!!!! This is my 1st servicing for my 2nd hand bike, so dun know wat maintenance did previous owner did. Told Botak about it and he dismantle to examine the belt, sub component..etc. He even wash and clean the "gear box" and every dividual parts. Meanwhile i also gain more knowledge on my x9 with his explanation. Beside this, he solved other problems....Total i spent $287 for belt, roller,u shoe, front brake pad, engine oil,oil filter,u shoe,spark plug, brake switch, worksmanship....Botak is a good and friendly person. He has good knowledge too as compared with some big newly shifted or opened motortiams."

REVIEWED DATE: Mar 5 2005

WARNING: Above is only personal experience and recommendation, final decision is still up to you.

WARNING: Below is only personal experience and recommendation, final decision is still up to you.

HKL(Hock Kim Leong) - Benny Tan,97977989,62727292,blk 1007 #01-05 bukit merah lane 3,alexandra village, "Just changed my engine oil and rear brake pad,engine oil R4 1L $16,SBS brake pad $18,All include labor charge. Should be lower than market rate.engine oil R4 10W50 $16. Lowest price I can find, Benny told me if change tyre, he will charge $70+ for michelin tyre "

Soon Motor - Blk 1069 Eunos Ave 5 #01-185, "The people there are friendly and things i done to my bike was quite cheap.I changed my front tyre, rubber mounting and have my oil meter done for $140"

Sunrise Eurobike - Simon,62995226,Kallang Avenue Industrial Centre Blk 2 No. 152 Kallang Avenue "he solve it for me in 2 hrs time with my x9 is back in power Although, he charge abit more $$$ than some other bikeshops but he do provide Warrently which i am inpressive with. Simon have been servicing/repairing Piaggio scooter for the pass 20+ yrs Personally, i believe he definitely know what he's doing and he's willing to share and care to explain.I went To Sunrise Euro to look for simon last week, he really did explain to me clearly what went wrong with my bike...can see that he does know what he is doing and he do provide Warrenty "

Tai Hin - "Two thumbs up for Tai-Hin - Jackye and his crew... 60mins means 60 minutes.. he got one of his despatch guys to deliver the michelin S1 in a jiffy....he also make sure i get all the parts change, without having to come back again and dismantle the bike again. Frankly speaking.... i dont mind paying more..... because Tai Hin invested on the proper tools and equipment to do a ONE TIME proper job, good quality workmanship. My initial experience with them wasn't that good but it was slowly after a while they've become a shop that I frequent. I've change 3 tyres and some other "major" work. My bike is still running well and infact its better than last time. They're willing to help me out esp in tuning areas like carb jetting and clutch spring adjustments with NO complaints."

Wonderful Motor - Along Rowell Road, botak,tel:62914678, 96936520, near Desker road, open till 11pm, "Do my old hexagon and now ride very smooth and free.I left my bike there for servicing.When returned,he even show me the old parts and explain slighty of the bike.Talk about botak, humm... he know how to save $$$ for you and save in a safety way.I went there as he promised to give me a main stand as mine is spoiled.Is free! He oso sell me a like brand new(90%) speedo panel for my hexagon with a cheap price. Last nite, abt 12midnite ,had a problem tat my sparkplugs cap loose, cos my scoot. down. 2 my surprise ,it still open & Botak had the spark plug's screw replace & solved my problem. Furthermore, he did not charge me a single cent, He's really a nce guy.my dunlop rear tyre size is 120/90-10. is a good buy for just $68. get it at Alexandra Village will be around $85 or maybe more.Not selling advertisment hor, but Botak is reasonable lah and like the way he handle my bike, a lot of workmanship involve: take out side skirt, exhaust, then replace rear tyre. he also need to earn a living mah.Reali an experience guy i must sae, anything small or major can go over.The price is veri reasonable.They are friendly, professional, price cheap and reasonable. Sometimes FOC, I also paiseh...Small thing they would't charge a cent, important is their skill level is there and price is very reasonable. Dun have to worry abt begin chop carrot or money go to the drain.Basically , Botak is friendly and will explain and advise you what needs to be changed if necessary. I had my belt, rollers etc changed and now my scooter runs WONDER-fully.I changed Belt and rollers and 3 little plastic thing that attaches to the clutch housing. parts is $ 135 , workmanship $35 totalling $170. Went WONDERFUL!!!! to service my amalfi on sat....really wonderful!!!! This is my 1st servicing for my 2nd hand bike, so dun know wat maintenance did previous owner did. Told Botak about it and he dismantle to examine the belt, sub component..etc. He even wash and clean the "gear box" and every dividual parts. Meanwhile i also gain more knowledge on my x9 with his explanation. Beside this, he solved other problems....Total i spent $287 for belt, roller,u shoe, front brake pad, engine oil,oil filter,u shoe,spark plug, brake switch, worksmanship....Botak is a good and friendly person. He has good knowledge too as compared with some big newly shifted or opened motortiams."

REVIEWED DATE: Mar 29 2005

WARNING: Above is only personal experience and recommendation, final decision is still up to you.

Originally posted by leaa@Mar 29 2005, 06:02 PM

REVIEWED DATE: Mar 29 2005

just want the new user see this :smile:

Just saw someone got CHOPPED.......here goes.....good luck to all.

REVIEWED DATE: Apr 29 2005

Actually, i am thinking is can't post Negative, why we need this thread?

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Ya lor, because whenever there is a negative remarks about the famous shop, it's either the owner will come in as whatever nick to defend for himself or even worst mislead the members by giving out false information. These are the things that they might do considering it's $$$ in concern.....

My suggestion is to list down the Shop's name and address and that's all they need.

As for good or bad, don't need us to flame them. Days will reveal the devil's true identity. Even a shop is bad, someone comes in and says wah.. this shop so good la.... 5 hr means 5 hr la kind of sh*t.

We should just removed the remarks. So that no one can play afool here.

Above are just my personnal view and suggestions. Not relating to any shops in singapore.

Elton

Originally posted by Elton@May 5 2005, 12:09 PM

My suggestion is to list down the Shop's name and address and that's all they need.

As for good or bad, don't need us to flame them. Days will reveal the devil's true identity. Even a shop is bad, someone comes in and says wah.. this shop so good la.... 5 hr means 5 hr la kind of sh*t.

We should just removed the remarks. So that no one can play afool here.

Above are just my personnal view and suggestions. Not relating to any shops in singapore.

I was thinking.... you do not seem to be doing what you preach eh.... or some final flaming before your suggestion is being implemented? hmmmm...

well it doesn't take one with perfect eyesight to see that the comments above is targeted at some specific bike shop in Singapore. If you are that NEUTRAL, why bother to point out any examples in the first place? trying to start another flaming war? or do you have first-hand experience with that shop in Singapore that you feel that you need to perform the role of Justice League? contradicting *shakes head*

gwen :)

Originally posted by gwen@May 6 2005, 10:51 AM

I was thinking.... you do not seem to be doing what you preach eh.... or some final flaming before your suggestion is being implemented? hmmmm...

well it doesn't take one with perfect eyesight to see that the comments above is targeted at some specific bike shop in Singapore. If you are that NEUTRAL, why bother to point out any examples in the first place? trying to start another flaming war? or do you have first-hand experience with that shop in Singapore that you feel that you need to perform the role of Justice League? contradicting *shakes head*

Sista, like some 1 say ; one man food, another man poison.

as long you are comfortable with the services and price, then should be alright.

This thread of recommending shop to mi is to share info on getting a better deal and save some pocket money and know where about to get the service you want to be done.

As some newbie like mi would like to learn where to go instead of just heading nowhere and in the end kana chop and still the job cannot be done. :smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Originally posted by kennyseaw@May 5 2005, 10:57 AM

Actually, i am thinking is can't post Negative, why we need this thread?

Kenny Bro,

Always remember that any negative comments in here could in-directly target the shops and in turn they could sue you for defamation...sometimes its better just to let the ppl find out them selves dun you think? :smile:

mambo

TDICLUB

Originally posted by Mark C.@May 6 2005, 10:59 AM

Sista, like some 1 say ; one man food, another man poison.

as long you are comfortable with the services and price, then should be alright.

This thread of recommending shop to mi is to share info on getting a better deal and save some pocket money and know where about to get the service you want to be done.

As some newbie like mi would like to learn where to go instead of just heading nowhere and in the end kana chop and still the job cannot be done. :smile:

huh? you talking to me? A bit out of point eh.... *scratch head*

Originally posted by mambo-X9@May 6 2005, 11:04 AM

Kenny Bro,

Always remember that any negative comments in here could in-directly target the shops and in turn they could sue you for defamation...sometimes its better just to let the ppl find out them selves dun you think? :smile:

mambo

well said & this is what i am doing :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875