SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR400RR or GSX400RR

keong84

which would u choose?.. CBR400RR or GSX400RR?  

473 members have voted

1. 1. which would u choose?.. CBR400RR or GSX400RR?

Though i rode a CBR RN model..

I'd say the G4 is a better machine than Honda's CBR

Tested CBR stock wit G4 stock..

CBR behind G4

after mod.. spending almost 2k..

G4 way behind..

G4 go for mod.. now CBR chasing G4..

But then.. the G4 had engine trouble after that

Bike had to get new enjin..~ ( confidential )

In terms of performance.. Thumbs up to the G4

Reliability wise.. I used to believe Honda's the name for it..

Still my CBR oso piston jam..

So f*** Honda..!

Hehe..

Switched to Yamaha now..

If still not reliable..

Switching to SBS

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tis is wat i think of:

A) would u spend close to 5k (machine price) getting a CBR & another 2k doing up e services needed.

OR

B) get a less than 2k (machine price) GSX-R & another 1-2k for services?

if u're intending of getting a transport bike, 4get abt e GSX.

u'll feel more relaxing riding yr current bike.

but on the other hand, if u're aiming for fun & thrills at bends, e GSX has super high ground clearance compare to e other 400cc.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Originally posted by eSPy`56@Jun 27 2005, 05:40 PM

The G4 is great for hanging off and destroying those pretty knee sliders... :lovestruck:

tat's IF u can handle it.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Originally posted by eSPy`56@Jun 27 2005, 05:40 PM

The G4 is great for hanging off and destroying those pretty knee sliders... :lovestruck:

espy why you betray your own bike?

I believe CBR is superb at cornering. But you must get settings right.

Singapore Pets Forum

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/cbr17/Picture018-1.jpg SURELY IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS

So the conclusion is that the G4 is more of one night side /slut kind of bike up to u to maintain it and keep it its def more fun than than a cbr

A cbr is like a wife will be faithfull fast for newly weds end of the the day the riders will be checkking out the G4 asses but will always be contented with wat they have...

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it....

WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

If U wan a budget bike then take a GSX400. If u wan engine smoothness, then take CBR400 butd price is a bit higher than GSX400 lah.

Honda NSR 150 SP - FT4977D (June 01 - March 03)

Honda CBR 400 RR- FL2119U (Dec 02 - Jan 04)

Honda CBR 929 RR - FS4382A (Feb 04 - Dec 04)

Susuki Hayabusa 1300- FX9524Z (April 05 - Oct 05)

Susuki Bandit400- FL3540D (Mar 03 - Dec 05)

Honda Super 4 Spec 3 - FZ9528C (Dec 05 - Jan 07)

Honda Walve125S - FW8025J (Aug 06 - June 07)

Yamaha Spark135 LE - FBB4..7C (March 07 - ???)

Originally posted by number17@Jun 29 2005, 12:53 AM

Guys, this was done on a CBR400RR Fireblade.

Doesn't prove anything...... Its the rider that makes the difference.

But after all, why is there such a big hoo ha over a simple matter of which bike to choose?

Its simply a matter of choice n preference, like mee goreng n char kway teow... some like mee goreng while some like the latter.

Remember, these are 10 or near 10 yr old bikes, there are bound to be wear n tear problems whether you believe it or not. cos not all parts can be changed that easily( or at a low price). Its a matter of luck (or skill) when you decide to purchase one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Originally posted by Arcfire@Jun 29 2005, 12:42 PM

Doesn't prove anything...... Its the rider that makes the difference.

But after all, why is there such a big hoo ha over a simple matter of which bike to choose?

Its simply a matter of choice n preference, like mee goreng n char kway teow... some like mee goreng while some like the latter.

Remember, these are 10 or near 10 yr old bikes, there are bound to be wear n tear problems whether you believe it or not. cos not all parts can be changed that easily( or at a low price). Its a matter of luck (or skill) when you decide to purchase one.

Oh yes it proves something - that a CBR can be ridden hard and fast, contraty to what many posts here suggest.

Anyway. I agree with you though that it's the rider that makes the difference.

But to say CBR is not good enough, I'd have to say that's ridiculous. It's my trusted machine.

:smile:

Singapore Pets Forum

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/cbr17/Picture018-1.jpg SURELY IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS

Nah, nobody said that CBR ain't gd enuff.... more like it ain't cheap enuff for the average transition rider......

Like i said, preference, its all abt preference. Nuff said.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Originally posted by number17@Jun 29 2005, 01:21 PM

Oh yes it proves something - that a CBR can be ridden hard and fast, contraty to what many posts here suggest.

Anyway. I agree with you though that it's the rider that makes the difference.

But to say CBR is not good enough, I'd have to say that's ridiculous. It's my trusted machine.

Well thanu must have gotten a good buy and i am glad for you especial when it comes to 2A sports bikes its nice to see old school bikes running

But like i said i was a big honda fan but theri repeated disaappointments in performance and stuff but it does not mean that they are not goood just not my cup of tea for the things i like doing and the budget that i work with have made me look else where now more bias to kawa / suzuki bikes in all honesty

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it....

Originally posted by Arcfire@Jun 29 2005, 03:09 PM

Nah, nobody said that CBR ain't gd enuff.... more like it ain't cheap enuff for the average transition rider......

Like i said, preference, its all abt preference. Nuff said.

Very well then I must have been a bit impulsive with my reaction to the posts then. I have a great deal of respect for the BabyBlade after the many wonderful rides I had on it on the track compared to some other bikes which is why I felt I had to 'defend' it from critics.

And yes, it is expensive like any other Hondas. Basically, what you pay is what you get, no offence to the other bikes.

So, I guess you've got it right; It's up to what the rider wants actually. CBR, GSXR, ZXR, PGM, RS...They are all good bikes, but in their own way and have their own specialities.

Singapore Pets Forum

Originally posted by Kman@Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM

Well thanu must have gotten a good buy and i am glad for you especial when it comes to 2A sports bikes its nice to see old school bikes running

But like i said i was a big honda fan but theri repeated disaappointments in performance and stuff but it does not mean that they are not goood just not my cup of tea for the things i like doing and the budget that i work with have made me look else where now more bias to kawa / suzuki bikes in all honesty

Yeah I did have a good buy, the previous owner did a fantastic job maintaining the bike.

You must have had a disastrous buy previously?

Singapore Pets Forum

Originally posted by number17@Jun 29 2005, 08:24 PM

Yeah I did have a good buy, the previous owner did a fantastic job maintaining the bike.

You must have had a disastrous buy previously?

No not disasterous very decent buys but they are for a lack of a better word too mild not to say they are not fast the power delivery is too smooth there is no grunt so to speak but i can see why ppl like a smooht bike and not something that roars its personel pref thats all i hope i am not being offending...

recently, i passed my 2A and i bought my G4, 2 days ago, i went to malaysia with my friend who is riding a CBR. tested on his and this is the comments i can give, this seating posture is better than mine, more upright and the engine is smooth, when compared to mine, which is abit rough. tried pickup, won him but top end lost to him, i didn't try hard enough as its only the 2nd day i bought my bike and he is riding his for 1 month.

must admit both got their pros and con, by the way, his bike can buy 3 of mine but still performance is on par. i bought G4 mainly because its cheap, he bought his for the sound. =)

Nothing to lose.

Originally posted by Hugo@Jul 2 2005, 04:02 PM

recently, i passed my 2A and i bought my G4, 2 days ago, i went to malaysia with my friend who is riding a CBR. tested on his and this is the comments i can give, this seating posture is better than mine, more upright and the engine is smooth, when compared to mine, which is abit rough. tried pickup, won him but top end lost to him, i didn't try hard enough as its only the 2nd day i bought my bike and he is riding his for 1 month.

must admit both got their pros and con, by the way, his bike can buy 3 of mine but still performance is on par. i bought G4 mainly because its cheap, he bought his for the sound. =)

Well for your info the G4 has a higher top speed (stock that is) so i guess u got your moneys worth than and personally i think the G4 sounds better...

i like my sound also, not common like and sound very torquely, the sound is always making me rev higher now, so far i've tried is 180 at 2nd link, can go furthur but the powercut between my legs activated before i can do it. haha!

Nothing to lose.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Arch@Jul 17 2005, 02:38 PM

G4 has a much powerful sound (sounds like Yoshi) compared to CBR

CBR a much friendly bike compare to G4

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

rode gsx400 for almost a yr.

rode CBR400 for 1 week(my frens one)

both stock condition

my own experience.. CBR easier to corner, handling better.. seems like CBR has got better pick up... top end for both bikes i dunno.. not sure..

but gsx400 sound n mid range damn fwah!

wait till u drag to 14k rpm easily.. feel the power, feel the sound..

oh ya, CBR got better fuel consumption capabilities. abt 19km/litre

gsx abr 17km/litre

u may tink its nothing. but 1 litre diff of 2 km. 10 litres den diff of 20km. can go my sch another extra trip :sweat:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by Bumblebee@Jul 18 2005, 04:56 PM

you all dont argue already lar. get SP with chamber pipe and take out airbox the exhaust sound is the most sexy and can eat all the g4 and cbr and rvf ok :cheeky:

Perhaps u should read the title of the tread its say G4 vs Cbr4

Always got a moron out of topic one