SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHELL - OFFICIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

MPeX

Originally posted by hohosaint@Apr 12 2005, 10:05 AM

Yes... Was told to dismount and they shown me the picture of the regulation laid by ExxonMobil (Bikers dismount whilst refuelling picture) And he said politely: Sir, you must dismount before the valve will be opened again.

I guess Shell had provided quite a stressful message or even pressure onto them which led them no choice but to tail.

you know what guys i sold me bike away becos of this muahahah

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MPeX@Apr 12 2005, 03:41 PM

Idea is one thing, implementing this is another...

Should i actually organise an outing the usual way (example below)? :lol:

Outing to Shell (Bt Timah)

Time: ----hrs

Date: --/--/2005

Duration: 6 hrs

1) MPeX

2) Ah Kow

3) Ah Neow

4) Ah Huay (Ah kow's pillion)

5) Ah Lian (Ah neow's pillion)

Pending

1) Ah Beng

2) Ah Seng

3) Ah Huat

P.S. Above is strictly example only! Kindly do not add your name as there is no such outing...

mpex just an advice... u are the main key person contacting with media n reportrs therefore i advice u to ask someone esle to organise the put time put lace gathering.

singapore is a law country so in-order to show that no one care for our problem the gatherg must be huge...the bigger the better....if anything happen at least they wont charge all n also dun know who to be found guity

Originally posted by suzuki13@Apr 15 2005, 12:05 AM

mpex just an advice... u are the main key person contacting with media n reportrs therefore i advice u to ask someone esle to organise the put time put lace gathering.

singapore is a law country so in-order to show that no one care for our problem the gatherg must be huge...the bigger the better....if anything happen at least they wont charge all n also dun know who to be found guity

i believe he was kidding......

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Originally posted by mechwira@Apr 15 2005, 12:07 AM

i believe he was kidding......

well i am also kidding...but i hope something one plan some big althought is stupid...

it will be remenber for biking years that we voice out....mpex pte sms me...me can give plenty of suggetion n some help.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

we always want someone to do something big and stupid to further our cause, but we never want to be the ones to do it! :cheeky:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Originally posted by MPeX@Apr 12 2005, 04:29 PM

Update

Zaihan has contacted me again a short while ago.

Whether TNP will publish a follow-up article will thus depend on the decision of his editor(s). There will be 3 possibilities:

1) Full article in TNP after a meeting with representatives from SBF

2) A shorter article in their "Speak Up" section with our opinions/views

3) The editor decides to can the issue entirely

He will contact me if TNP decides to do option (1).

P.S. He mentioned after reading this thread that the photos in his article were taken with a zoom lens from a distance, correctly guessed by some of you guys... :lol:

KEEP POSTING IN THIS THREAD and the other one in Latest News ( http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=71133 ), FAST AND FURIOUS. TNP's editors are reading them as we speak!!

in-order to let the press know....someone should gather as much bikers as possible eg meet up in marina south to sign the petiton personally to show the sincere of problem bikers facing.

its no use writing in or post topic here cos how many people u think will really get to read our problem.

1st)check out how many are willing to meet up to sign the petition(more the marrier best counts by hundreds...)

2)set a venue for meeting up for the venue n try to make annoucement to the pee that some form of bikers gathering is on....from there this is a form of news whereby they got no choice but to printed out in the paper.

3)from there hope that shell will notice n relise n give another consideration abt the ruiling...from here we have started off with some thing n there is sure some room for further nigo...n more people / young / old / all sort of races will then know that there is some issue here.

sry english not powerful enough sms me we chat over the phone.:thumb:

Originally posted by suzuki13@Apr 15 2005, 12:20 AM

in-order to let the press know....someone should gather as much bikers as possible eg meet up in marina south to sign the petiton personally to show the sincere of problem bikers facing.

its no use writing in or post topic here cos how many people u think will really get to read our problem.

1st)check out how many are willing to meet up to sign the petition(more the marrier best counts by hundreds...)

2)set a venue for meeting up for the venue n try to make annoucement to the pee that some form of bikers gathering is on....from there this is a form of news whereby they got no choice but to printed out in the paper.

3)from there hope that shell will notice n relise n give another consideration abt the ruiling...from here we have started off with some thing n there is sure some room for further nigo...n more people / young / old / all sort of races will then know that there is some issue here.

sry english not powerful enough sms me we chat over the phone.:thumb:

Sounds good :thumb:

If there is ever such gathering, I'm in and will gladly sign.... :smile:

http://www.oneshift.com/showroom/uploadimages/thumb-2007073020222028.jpghttp://www.oneshift.com/showroom/uploadimages/thumb-2007073020120531.jpg

though i ll be supporting such a move... but if bikers starts gathering in numbers, they ll juz smash us with riot police. pple here dun have the rights to voice out their feelings. we r a republic, remember??

Gathering ah.... want to protest what ?

In the eye of public :

1. The request from Shell is not "unreasonble".

2. The request not causing any loses or demage to anyone.

Must come out something topic with strong message.... :giddy:

** Maybe we gather then go Gelang Patah eat Chilli crabs lah..... :hungry:

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

tell them causing inconvenience to bikers? making things difficult for bikers? since we pay road tax and also road users how about get their pump attendants to pump for us also and also wipe our mirrors. those wit big cc bikes no main stand more worth it. te kan the pump attendants.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

Originally posted by MrLau@Apr 15 2005, 08:59 AM

In the eye of public :

Agrred.

Our case is not that strong to warrant for a protest.

Sign petition is alright.

But sign petition need gathering meh??

Just sign or like IRAS, sign and file electronically?

My opinion is that if we intentionally wanted to invite press, the public may view us as "having nothing better to do" or even "childish", so why invite negative comments?

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Originally posted by kona@Apr 15 2005, 09:43 AM

1) tell them causing inconvenience to bikers?

2) making things difficult for bikers?

3) since we pay road tax and also road users how about get their pump attendants to pump for us also and also wipe our mirrors.

4) those wit big cc bikes no main stand more worth it. te kan the pump attendants.

Sorry, my opinion:-

1) what inconvienence? We need to dismount and pay anyway right? Unless we use speedpass. Only one point on unable to fill full tank, we can argue on this point, but also quite weak point.

2) this is what we think only, Shell wld have 1000 and 1 exceuses to say otherwise.

3) We pay rd tax to gahment, not to Shell. Pump atenttants carry car owners' b**** is their pasal.

4) The way I see this issue being developed is that no pump attendants will support the bikes for u, as they r not trained and they r not interested n it is tough (heavy both in terms of weight and in terms of reponsibility).

So in the end, LL loh. Pump elsewhere lah.

BTW, I still see bikes pumping at SHell. ALl of them I c dismount. Seems that some bikers still support Shell.

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Too bad the public will not get to know about the apparent discrepancy of Shell's Better Mileage Tips which states we should top-up full tank and the fact that most motorcycles without mainstand and resting on sidestand will be impossible to get a full-tank.....

Seems like for the Today and Straits Times newspapers, "SHELL" is a taboo topic.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by kona@Apr 15 2005, 09:43 AM

tell them causing inconvenience to bikers? making things difficult for bikers? since we pay road tax and also road users ....

Inconvinience ?

You think our $$$ society even bother ?

How about building that has big carpark but not allow bikes to park ?

How about HDB or ERA carpark that provide some parking lot that so small and slanted ?

I call this real discrimination !!!

Payroad tax ? Is that anyone bother even avarage every two day 1 motorcyclist died in road accident ?

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

I have definitely no intention to go ahead with a stunt like this... joking only lah brother..

Like what was said, I really have better things to do with my time... I'll juz use my pen (in this case, fingers to type emails) and work for my cause.. meet the relevant people when necessary... :smile:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/MPeX/DSCF0048.jpg

Originally posted by sgbikee80@Apr 12 2005, 12:06 PM

f*** it.

let plan a mass outing to sh3ll

when all the pumps is taken up by bikes,

we slowly dismount, take our own sweet time to top up petrol.

we chitchat a while then ask uncle to assist us to pump.

then we only top up $2 of petrol but take up lot of their time...

how abt this?

cool idea!!

im pretty sure there will be >20 bikers who will be more than willing to pull this stunt off!

:bouncefire:

try to imagine this scene: 20 bikes flooding a kiosk with all the cars hornin away behind!!

Haha

Originally posted by KL85@Apr 15 2005, 04:20 PM

cool idea!!

im pretty sure there will be >20 bikers who will be more than willing to pull this stunt off!

:bouncefire:

try to imagine this scene: 20 bikes flooding a kiosk with all the cars hornin away behind!!

Haha

No enough lah...

Never been there so don't know how many pumps.

My simple maths:

Assume want to block 10 mins for impact... one bike can squeeze 2 mins delay, so need 5 bikes per pump. If there are 10 pumps there, then need around 50 bikes. Correct me if I am wrong....

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Originally posted by MrLau@Apr 15 2005, 08:59 AM

In the eye of public :

** Maybe we gather then go Gelang Patah eat Chilli crabs lah..... :hungry:

biker anneversary gatjering photo taking at the sametime sign petion

truth is, they dont ride bikes so they dont know how it is for the rider. its like saying when refuelling cars, all occupants must be outside because scared if suddenly got fire or explosion n cant escape quickly enough. why dont they make that a rule? its as likely a scenario.

someore its hard to balance the bike standing beside it n trying to fill a full tank cos of the side stand slant. i tried it before n my bike almost fell. so dangerous! what if fall down and explode the whole station man!

keep up the pressure guys!

2004: Sanyang Husky 150

2005-2006: Arilia RS 125

2007-2012: Phantom TA200

2013: Gilera Runner ST200

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 15 2005, 10:07 PM

aiyah gather the entire SBF la ...sure block for whole day

i believe even getting most of SBF guys out there wun change a thing.

all it takes is probably 20-30 bikes, prefebably harleys, MV Augs & Ducatis. majority of them r professionals such as lawyers, surgeons etc. get them to sign a petition, meet up with the latest political hearthrobs such as vivian balakrishnan (been trying to win the younger generation's votes by actively engaging with youngsters). coupled with a little catalyst, this should get to the papers real soon. things wun be as b4, but bikers should feel more appeased when both sides make concessions.