SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Blogs] Today while riding...

Raptor

unexpected object on the road is ready a killer to biker.

Yesterday evening accident during rush hour on benjamin shear bridge is ready cause by irresponsible person who drop brick/debris on the expressway. I think this gentleman was on the S4 did not aware of the brick/debris, which may be too close to be sported as there are too many cars in front.

You should know what happen when your bike run over a brick!@#$%^&. Fortunately car behind stop in time.

I saw a small broken wooden crate on the left lane somewhere yesterday. LOL. Probably dropped off from a lorry.

Imagine running in that broken crate. Who knows if nails are sticking out? ROFL.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday evening accident during rush hour on benjamin shear bridge is ready cause by irresponsible person who drop brick/debris on the expressway. I think this gentleman was on the S4 did not aware of the brick/debris, which may be too close to be sported as there are too many cars in front.

You should know what happen when your bike run over a brick!@#$%^&. Fortunately car behind stop in time.

wow so dangerous, i rmb tat time i at PIE , i didnt know there is a big hole and i went over. lucky i hold tight. if not sure fly

was raining heavily yesterday. when i left office, the rain was stopping. at one part of the journey, i was riding inbetween lane. i know that riding inbetween lane time to time require quick braking. i also know that braking hard on wet road is bad. just that i didn't merge the 2 concepts together.

from some distance away, a taxi shifted slightly near to the divide line. i reacted by slowly down and maybe sway a bit to the right. i was not breaking hard. my bike skipped and i fell. thankfully the taxi manage to stop in time behind me. i was on the expressway and riding 50-60km/h. i make it a point to wear jacket, pants, glove, shoes etc most of the time therefore only slight abrasion to my elbow, knee and a knock on hip.

damage to the bike was not too bad. deep scratches on the tip of the brake level, tip of the throttle, torn/scratch/out of shape foot rest. slight scratches on box and exhaust pipe guard. other then that, no noticeable serious damage so far. hope no further damage will be found. think only the foot rest need some repair. the rest maybe just paint a little will do. guess the handle bar and foot rest break my fell if not it could be worst.

i was very lucky today. i will try to toy with luck as little as possible. will remember this experience.

was raining heavily yesterday. when i left office, the rain was stopping. at one part of the journey, i was riding inbetween lane. i know that riding inbetween lane time to time require quick braking. i also know that braking hard on wet road is bad. just that i didn't merge the 2 concepts together.

from some distance away, a taxi shifted slightly near to the divide line. i reacted by slowly down and maybe sway a bit to the right. i was not breaking hard. my bike skipped and i fell. thankfully the taxi manage to stop in time behind me. i was on the expressway and riding 50-60km/h. i make it a point to wear jacket, pants, glove, shoes etc most of the time therefore only slight abrasion to my elbow, knee and a knock on hip.

damage to the bike was not too bad. deep scratches on the tip of the brake level, tip of the throttle, torn/scratch/out of shape foot rest. slight scratches on box and exhaust pipe guard. other then that, no noticeable serious damage so far. hope no further damage will be found. think only the foot rest need some repair. the rest maybe just paint a little will do. guess the handle bar and foot rest break my fell if not it could be worst.

i was very lucky today. i will try to toy with luck as little as possible. will remember this experience.

Careful next time.....

Yamaha SparkZ 110 (2004 to 2008)

Yamaha X1-R 135 (June 2008 to Feb 2009)

Gilera ST Runner 200 (Feb 2009 to I dun knw...:confused:)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123504&d=1252221095

Cinta takkan datang, kalau tak dicari ... Cinta takkan dapat, kalau tak memberi ...

this is where you apply the skills u learn at the pylon slalom course. once in a while i see dead animals on the road too.

this is where you apply the skills u learn at the pylon slalom course. once in a while i see dead animals on the road too.

Yes, all rider on the road qualify to handle such situation but now you are running over a non secure object. Actually is quite a huge object, not very sure what's that. His front wheel hit first and lost control follow by the back wheel which throw him in front of the bike. When I saw it, my heat sink to stomach. Fortunately he still can stand up and run to the side.

At below 70km/h, I hit a stray dog before and take a month to recover. Think about it, may be its time to give up bike.

hi fellow riders.

i was on my way to work when my bike skidded last wednesday. the road was rather wet after an early morning rain.

i was behind a van while executing a left turn at a junction at very low speed (as the van was slow too) and all of the sudden, it loses grip and the next moment both my bike and i skidded. fortunately just minor injuries and scratches, nothing serious to me and my bike.

my tyre definitely has no problem so too are my alignments as jus went for service and adjustments and it does cornering really well so i jus wonder wat really is the cause. i was thinking slippery /oily road surface though.

these 2 days while i'm riding, i felt that my riding confidence fell by more than 50% especially during turns and corners, even on dry roads.

though my mechanic assure me nth is wrong with the bike, i'm not sure is it just my problem or my bike's as everytime i felt unsteady while turning left

i have fell and skidded more serious before when was riding 2B but i am not sure why tis time the hit on me is much harder.

anyone could advice how i can pick the same riding confidence i had once again?

i really love riding and really do not wish to be continually affected by that incident.

I ubderstand how u feel. I was in ur shoes once.. And even after 4uears since it happened.. I still have tat lil bit of phobia in me..

By far, only time can make ur confidence back.. Or mayne u can go fpr a tracl session to get it back... Lol

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

most of my friends said bout giving myself more time too..

tried to face that same turn at that junction again twice but everytime i sum up my courage and when approaching the bend, my heart sank in and eventually had to do with a sub-standard turning.

sigh. cant slp

should be normal. i also having a little bit of fear after skipping. time will heal everything.

ride safe and a happy new year ahead!!!

hi fellow riders.

i was on my way to work when my bike skidded last wednesday. the road was rather wet after an early morning rain.

i was behind a van while executing a left turn at a junction at very low speed (as the van was slow too) and all of the sudden, it loses grip and the next moment both my bike and i skidded. fortunately just minor injuries and scratches, nothing serious to me and my bike.

my tyre definitely has no problem so too are my alignments as jus went for service and adjustments and it does cornering really well so i jus wonder wat really is the cause. i was thinking slippery /oily road surface though.

these 2 days while i'm riding, i felt that my riding confidence fell by more than 50% especially during turns and corners, even on dry roads.

though my mechanic assure me nth is wrong with the bike, i'm not sure is it just my problem or my bike's as everytime i felt unsteady while turning left

i have fell and skidded more serious before when was riding 2B but i am not sure why tis time the hit on me is much harder.

anyone could advice how i can pick the same riding confidence i had once again?

i really love riding and really do not wish to be continually affected by that incident.

I assume your bike now are bigger. When the time skid, is the front wheel down first or back wheel? Wet condition normally hard to control balancing of the front and back break.

Yes, all rider on the road qualify to handle such situation but now you are running over a non secure object. Actually is quite a huge object, not very sure what's that. His front wheel hit first and lost control follow by the back wheel which throw him in front of the bike. When I saw it, my heat sink to stomach. Fortunately he still can stand up and run to the side.

At below 70km/h, I hit a stray dog before and take a month to recover. Think about it, may be its time to give up bike.

Dun give up pls....overcome the fear!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123504&d=1252221095

Cinta takkan datang, kalau tak dicari ... Cinta takkan dapat, kalau tak memberi ...

everyday rain so much , dont like to ride in raining days.

Me too...due to last time i skidded when the road is wet....

Not sure should I consider myself lucky or unlucky. Just 2days after skipped on the expressway, i got hit at the traffic junction by a taxi about an hour ago and thankfully I still alive.

The taxi uncle said he think I will beat the amber light which apparently I choose to stop.

Only injury is very slight abrasion on my shin. My bike is slightly damage. Mud guard and plate number was bended. Brake level and root rest bended. Scratches here and there. My chain appear a little loose and might be caused by the wheel been pushed in a bit by the impact. Also, I lost my P-plate. Photo was taken.

We had a written agreement that he will pay for the damage. Will send my bike in tmrw for inspection and repair.

Anything else that I should take note of?

Not sure should I consider myself lucky or unlucky. Just 2days after skipped on the expressway, i got hit at the traffic junction by a taxi about an hour ago and thankfully I still alive.

The taxi uncle said he think I will beat the amber light which apparently I choose to stop.

Only injury is very slight abrasion on my shin. My bike is slightly damage. Mud guard and plate number was bended. Brake level and root rest bended. Scratches here and there. My chain appear a little loose and might be caused by the wheel been pushed in a bit by the impact. Also, I lost my P-plate. Photo was taken.

We had a written agreement that he will pay for the damage. Will send my bike in tmrw for inspection and repair.

Anything else that I should take note of?

i got into a similiar situation about 2 years back

its up to u to whether to accept private settlement or report to the insurance to claim

if u opt for private settlement, pls go download the private settlement form from the ntuc income website, get it printed and make sure both parties sign on it

its to safeguard urself in case he decided to flip story and go claim u instead

u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive :angel:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/gwzc_mk2/IMG_4576-1.jpg

im a rider myself,i understand most of us squeeze between cars,yesterday while driving along kallang Mrt,as usual jam and raining. A TZM *P Plate* with sporky rims riding about 70km/h i suspect, squeeze between cars and traffic light turned red..he brake and skidded..some passer-by crossing the road help him up and from what i see,he looks fine just some scratches at leg...What i wann say is to this rider....Hey,u P Plate,ride slowly lah,basket,u think u rossi???HOpe u make it home safely,chinese new year soon,dont let ur loved ones visit u in hospital or worst funeral...Think about ur father and mother or gf and many friends of yours...

Rode to werk wit raincoat.. Still got wet.. Forgot to bring socks.. Sian!

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I