SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorbike Models, Anyone?

Guest Ashe^^

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sPideRy

anyone can help..the sticker to paste on the bike isit called decals?

:? if it is then how do i go about pasting the thing on the model?

as instructed i have to put the decal in tepid water and place on clean cloth...wats tepid water?

then hold the backing sheet edge and slide decal onto the model. next move decal into position by wetting decal with finger....

will the decal tear easily ? im scared that i will ruin the whole thingi... :sweat: sounds so difficult to paste... :sian:

as instructed i have to put the decal in tepid water and place on clean cloth...wats tepid water?

then hold the backing sheet edge and slide decal onto the model. next move decal into position by wetting decal with finger....

will the decal tear easily ? im scared that i will ruin the whole thingi... :sweat: sounds so difficult to paste... :sian:

wat i did was, i will only place the decals only when i m done with fixing the whole model. after which will spray lacquer on the whole model. with lacquer on it, the decal will not come off. if no lacquer is spray, and when ur hand is wet, touching the decal will cause it to come off easily.

btw, i m fixing another model but was stuck went the paint scheme written was, e.g. X-10:1 X-56:10. dun know what does that mean.

Hi guys. Always read your post but hardly post.

Yup just to let you know, there is a shop at Tiong Bahru with quite a lot of models. Heard that the new honda bike will be in by Sat. That bike is a real beauty with nice butt.

By the way, I am a modeller but I am more in to cars at the moment. Did a Haya and stock a few bikes but have yet to touch them yet. You can view my Guest Garage for some bikes that are completed at http://www.sr-garage.com

Visit my Modelling page at

www.sr-garage.com

Tepid water means warm water which you can dip your hand into without burning your hand. Not too hot if not the decals will curl. Decals normally need only be place for about 10 sec. Too long and the decal will break easily. But if it is hard to slide off, dip it a little longer.

Modelling is really fun but a little expensive.. I will most likely sell off my bike so that I can buy more models each month instead of paying installements...

www.sr-garage.com

wat i did was, i will only place the decals only when i m done with fixing the whole model. after which will spray lacquer on the whole model. with lacquer on it, the decal will not come off. if no lacquer is spray, and when ur hand is wet, touching the decal will cause it to come off easily.

btw, i m fixing another model but was stuck went the paint scheme written was, e.g. X-10:1 X-56:10. dun know what does that mean.

What it means is to mix X-10 one ratio, to X-56 10 ratio.

Example, is mix 1 ml of X-10(Gun Metal) to 10ml of X-56(metallic grey)

www.sr-garage.com

hey..if u manage to get the R1 model..can tell mi where pls...thanks alot ler..tat time i saw at bedok bestway..then i went back again..no more liao.... :weep:

Hi.. if u intend to look for the R1 model, I saw one at Hobby Focus(Far East just above burger king). However, its a 2nd hand one... cost $28.

But must check before buying. I bought mine there too at $30.

Hope the model bike still there. :goodluck:

:smile: wat I do is... I just soak it in tap water. soak about 10 sec or longer. But if u r unsure, u can wait till the decal somes off. Then u use tweezer to pick up the base cardboard to 'pick up' the decal. Place it near where it is suppose to be and slide it on slowly and gently. If the decal crumble/folded, dun panic. Just put it back to soak for a while.

:goodluck:

Guest sPideRy

Hi.. if u intend to look for the R1 model, I saw one at Hobby Focus(Far East just above burger king). However, its a 2nd hand one... cost $28.

But must check before buying. I bought mine there too at $30.

Hope the model bike still there. :goodluck:

i bought the model at tiong bahru hobby point...cost appro. $26 coz special offer...thanks aniwae... ;)

Guest sPideRy

:smile: wat I do is... I just soak it in tap water. soak about 10 sec or longer. But if u r unsure, u can wait till the decal somes off. Then u use tweezer to pick up the base cardboard to 'pick up' the decal. Place it near where it is suppose to be and slide it on slowly and gently. If the decal crumble/folded, dun panic. Just put it back to soak for a while.

:goodluck:

Tepid water means warm water which you can dip your hand into without burning your hand. Not too hot if not the decals will curl. Decals normally need only be place for about 10 sec. Too long and the decal will break easily. But if it is hard to slide off, dip it a little longer.

Modelling is really fun but a little expensive.. I will most likely sell off my bike so that I can buy more models each month instead of paying installements...

kk...many thanks to u guys...gona try it later....may still need ur guidance in the model... :p

• 2 weeks later...

was wondering if u guys would noe anywhere which sell models of cruisers, choppers??

cos most or almost all the models i see are of sports or super bikes...

i personally haf one on the hayabusa...

took some time to do it but one wheel is missing now cos of my lil cousin who dropped it..

sigh~

u all use wad colour to spray e pipes huh???

i want the colour to be sumthing like the dfr pipes in my signature...not the end can leh...is the stomach....got mixture of chrome n fade to black lidat...how u all do ah???

http://www.dogfight-racing.co.jp/pro/image/pro_0201d.jpg http://www.dogfight-racing.co.jp/image/main_r01_c01.gif -,'::-:;"kAtOh";:-::',-

• 2 weeks later...