SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2b sports bike

2bOi

2b sportbike  

673 members have voted

1. 1. 2b sportbike

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i used to ride a rs125 b4... my sec sch dream bike... actually maintainence not tat ex like wat ppl say... i wouldn't say i spent a lot on d bike, but then then again i wouldn't say tat my bike could beat other 2b bikes... it has its pros n cons like every other bike... pros: gd looks(pre bumble bee version n d 06) n stability in corners, awesome brakes... Cons: needs constant but not necessarily expensive care. same goes 4 mitos too

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/12/46/4746421/125249541l.jpg

i'm not a racer, just an ILLEGALLY FAST RIDER...

Nov 2002 - Nov 2004 aprilia rs 125 (Suppu)

Nov 2004 - Jun 2006 chauffered by TIBS, SBS n SMRT drivers

Jun 2006 - May 2007 suzuki gsxr 400 (Benny)

Jun 2007 - ??? suzuki gsxr 1000 k1 (Spartan)

Originally posted by shahzril@Aug 3 2006, 01:54 PM

Hey guys...How much is a Cagiva Mito?...both 2nd hand and 1st hand..

For a first hand mito it will cost you ard 12k...that will be the mito evolution make..

for second hand you can get between 3k to 5k...but for second hand mito its wise that you really do a gd check up and homewerk on the bike coz if its going to cause you like major maintainance then its better u get a first hand mito as the problem will start from u as the 1st rider and u will noe wat the problem is...

Progress Is Impossible Without Change

And Those Who Cannot Change Their Mind

Cannot Change Anything.....

..FREEDOM..

Originally posted by Enegue@Aug 6 2006, 06:23 PM

well been using TZM for a 6yrs already, didn't do a major overhaul till now...for a TZM, if ya keep it well and service it regularly, it will serve ya good. yeah, the power valve tends to melt often every 2-3 months if ya over rev to 8-11k. other than that its only RM20 to change and service it...small amount if I must say..haha happy choosing~!

i didnt know 8 - 11k rpm is overrev.. :smile:

my pv didnt need replacement for the past 4 months. To be safe, i'll check again..

i love sp's proarm. how i wish i can transfer that to my M. and kr's unique engine sound. the sound is so intact.. strong.. mix them up together and what do u get ??

MUSIC IS LIFE. LIVE A FUN ONE. LISTEN TO SKA

i agree with two main statements in this thread.

1) That the Best 2B Sportsbike will be different for all ppl. There are many diff type of bikers in Sg. One is the type that just wanna ride cos stylo..These ppl will buy any bike that their friends or they think i stylo depending on their budget.

I once knew a guy who bought a Mito for a ridiculous price and knew nothing about the bike. Didnt know how to appreciate it or even ride it to its potential. Got cheated at many shops and finally jammed his piston cos didnt believe the Mito and Sp different so used lousy 2T and didnt maintain. After that he complain and said that Mito damn lousy bike and very expensive to mantain. (this leads to my second point)

Then there are those who need transport but like the sports feel. These fellas will buy Kips and SP. Why? Becos aftermarket and OEM parts are extremely easy to find and cheap. and they can spend money to make it look Damn nice.

the last is the type that is just passionate about track riding or the mechanics of bikes. Like me.

I bought a Mito because its handling and stability on corner make it a notch above any japanese bike. Because the mechanics involved are so much more complicated and precise. And becos it look awesome.

Its not about hard you can hit, its about how many times you can take a hit and remain standing

Point 2)

There are alot of ppl out there who haven't riden an Italian bike and go around saying that its very expensive, its lousy, its 'no need for Sg rd', blah blah.

Everybody told me that when i wanted to buy one. Maintaining this bike is the same as a kips or Sp if it were ridden like an Italian.

In simple words, Only a person who knows how to appreciate how the High rev engine of an italian stallion works will praise it. Ppl who haven ridden or rode it just to go to work and simple outings will have nothing to say abt these bikes other that the fact that it looks good.

And trust me there are numerous ppl riding this bike cos "its nice/stylo" or "macam MotoGP"

You wanna see for yourself, go get one then complain...

thanks for reading

Its not about hard you can hit, its about how many times you can take a hit and remain standing

sp better..

if wanna get RR might as well get urself a KRR...

(Mar05) Honda SP 150 FR9470B

(Nov05) Kawasaki KRR 150 FU8637D

(Sep06) Suzuki GSX400 FK7652

(Nov06) Yamaha Sparks135 FBB511H

(Mar07) Honda RVF400 FN4991T

(07-10) Yamaha YZF R6 FBA7370G

(08-09) Suzuki DRZ 400 FBC4821G

Originally posted by diablo_gixxer@Aug 21 2006, 12:18 AM

i used to ride a rs125 b4... my sec sch dream bike... actually maintainence not tat ex like wat ppl say... i wouldn't say i spent a lot on d bike, but then then again i wouldn't say tat my bike could beat other 2b bikes... it has its pros n cons like every other bike... pros: gd looks(pre bumble bee version n d 06) n stability in corners, awesome brakes... Cons: needs constant but not necessarily expensive care. same goes 4 mitos too

for track its one of the best bike..

i agree..

but OTR i dun think it can beat the rest 2 stroke 150cc..

faster bike i have come across is 260km/h (JB bike shop)

tzm is another bike i wish to know more abt it.. (heard it ROCKs)

but haven try 1 tat is mod..

i'm just trying to share :smile:

(Mar05) Honda SP 150 FR9470B

(Nov05) Kawasaki KRR 150 FU8637D

(Sep06) Suzuki GSX400 FK7652

(Nov06) Yamaha Sparks135 FBB511H

(Mar07) Honda RVF400 FN4991T

(07-10) Yamaha YZF R6 FBA7370G

(08-09) Suzuki DRZ 400 FBC4821G

Wow alot of different opinions..............

But i believe ultimately all of us go for the the experince n feel of each ride.............

No matter u ride KR,SP,RR,RS125,TZR,TZM..................u don't use good 2T,EO,Fuel n regular servicin...........

Don't expact much from your ride...........

Once otw to KHM for servicin......after bypassin shell.......me n some of my KFC frens tested our ride........ther was 4 KR 1 TZM n my RXZ..........u would expact the TZM to lead.....but listen up.....we were not that far apart........suddenly in the middle of all of us.........a rabak lookin bike overtook all of us.....rider was 1 old apek.........n guess wat it was a RXK........:mad:

But wat ever it is my vote go to SP:smile:

WAT a BABE.....Moo.....

RXZ.......jan 2006-june 2006

SP.........august 2006-dec 2007

Originally posted by aceh@Sep 9 2006, 04:48 PM

But i believe ultimately all of us go for the the experince n feel of each ride.............

No matter u ride KR,SP,RR,RS125,TZR,TZM..................u don't use good 2T,EO,Fuel n regular servicin...........

Once otw to KHM for servicin......after bypassin shell.......me n some of my KFC frens tested our ride........ther was 4 KR 1 TZM n my RXZ..........u would expact the TZM to lead.....but listen up.....we were not that far apart........suddenly in the middle of all of us.........a rabak lookin bike overtook all of us.....rider was 1 old apek.........n guess wat it was a RXK........:mad:

RXK......lol.....serious onot.....

anw.....my vote goes to....

:cheer: sp :cheer:

some people see things as they are and ask why

others see things that never were and ask why not

what your mind can conceive

can be achieved

never give up~~~

-----------------------------

2006-07 Honda NSR SP

2007 - current Honda Phantom TA200

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by rex@Sep 1 2006, 08:09 AM

Point 2)

There are alot of ppl out there who haven't riden an Italian bike and go around saying that its very expensive, its lousy, its 'no need for Sg rd', blah blah.

Everybody told me that when i wanted to buy one. Maintaining this bike is the same as a kips or Sp if it were ridden like an Italian.

In simple words, Only a person who knows how to appreciate how the High rev engine of an italian stallion works will praise it. Ppl who haven ridden or rode it just to go to work and simple outings will have nothing to say abt these bikes other that the fact that it looks good.

And trust me there are numerous ppl riding this bike cos "its nice/stylo" or "macam MotoGP"

You wanna see for yourself, go get one then complain...

thanks for reading

:cheer: MITO :cheer: MITO :cheer: MITO :cheer:

:cheer: TZM :cheer: TZM :cheer: TZM :cheer:

Yamaha TZM history

Cagiva Mito history

Yamaha X1 reality

Ducati HM history

Vespa LX150 reality

Originally posted by aceh@Sep 9 2006, 04:48 PM

alamak bro.. like that..

but this was probably cos the RXK had already reached top speed while you guys were still accelerating...

not that these ah pek bikes are not good.. My first ride was a Yamaha RD125LC and the bike's age was the same as mine..imagine that...

But after a good tune up the bike can fly man...

haha.. so i agree, the best bikes in the world can be useless scrap metal if not taken care of well

nah... See the poll... NSR SP is the best 150cc bike... JUST NEED to change pipe, caborator, coil... and racing cdi... u will see the diff in Sp... i tried it before.. if u wanna more powerfull try changing more parts ah.. hahaha.. but the petrol and 2t wah liow... my last time full tank kan only go for 140km .... then finish already...

...LET'S BURN RUBBER NOT SOUL...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/bluenblack/r606.jpg

Ayie's Collection...

2002-2003 = Nsr Sp 150 (Fs991T) sold

2003-2004 = Honda Wave (FX7233) Sold

2004-2005 = Yamaha 125z (?????) Sold

2005-2006 = RVF 400 (FP1049) Sold &; Gilerra 180 Runner (FS6208) Scrap

2006-2009 = YZF r6 06 (FBB453S) Sold

2009-??? = CB 400 SPEC III FYXXXXB

The difference is the rr is using a swing arm and the sp is using a pro arm.. other den tat not much of a diff.. engine and power i'm not 2 sure..

hey 2 those aprilla riders out there is the maintainace reli tat high?? i hear alot of pl saying it is very high but den they dun ride a aprilla or mito.. so juz wanna know from u riders out there.. cos i'm thinking of getting a rs250.. juz wanna know abt the servcing and maintainance.

thanks

Bro, it all boils down to the type of rider you are...if you're using it for track then you have to maintain it better than the way you maintain it when you're using it for the streets...it is actually the same maintainance to that of any 2B bike for the monthly servicing...furthermore when you get a 2nd hand aprilia, make sure the condition is in gd shape in and outside ok though it's abit hard...

Why those ppl say maintainance is high becoz they haven't ride it themselves and they are those type of ppl who are like "my friend say" and "i heard they say"...they dont have first hand experience on these kind of stuff but they just believe what ppl say...

I was one of those who switch from Japan made to Italian made bike..and i have to say i have no regrets coz the aprilia bike itself teaches me how to be responsible for my very own bike and performance wise you wont believe what i have to tell you...And why aprilia is slightly better performance than any 2B sportsbike, it is becoz of the mechanism response..but of coz the price is quite high la for a first hand bike...

Hope this Helps Bro....

Progress Is Impossible Without Change

And Those Who Cannot Change Their Mind

Cannot Change Anything.....

..FREEDOM..

Ya thanks alot.. something tat i juz wanted 2 hear from an aprilla rider.. i cannot stand it when ppl juz say " erm.. my friend say maintainance very ex.. or i heard ar.. blah blah.." juz wanted 2 hear first hand.. thinking of getting the rs250 or either the rvf but both for road lahz dun think got tat much skill 2 go track.. road bike..

One thing you like to add to your consideration is the higher cost of parts for Italian bike in comparison with Japanese/Malaysia/Thai made. You pay for what you get. Aprilia and Cagiva are the Gucci or LV of motorcycles.

Also bike like RS125 or Mito is almost a track bike. They are built for extreme performance and great fun. Do not expect to ride or neglect them like the transport model TZM/SP/KRR and expect the same hardiness.