SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Which lesson was the most difficult for you?

archenemy

which lesson?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. which lesson?

my instructor said do in a circle (anti-clockwise) u all imagine la..

1. off throttle

2. front brake

3. clutch in

4. step down gear to 1.

5. rear brake

Gd technique. CDC kum gai i felt so familiar :cheeky:

Actually norm b4 lesson the instructor do brief tis method for all to remember if i recalled. Just rem front brake just slowly press till ur bike slow down till stop. Never jammed it.

Of cos when the bike are reaching for a stop u needa clutch in and slowly drop 1 by 1 to gear 1 again. Practise more slowly will get the hang of it 1. Of cos applied both brakes will b even better but i think they kinda weary of newbies step too much on rear which might lead to skid so norm they empathise more on front brake 1st. Just rem slowly press and hold ur brake will do. U can relly feel ur bike slowing down smoothly :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/forkie/gif/cbike.gif αll oveR Ür toWή

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am taking my lesson in ssdc. i think tat pract 2 is the hardest bahz.. cuz need to change gear wit a short road..

pract 1- 2 time

pract 2- 2 time

pract 3- 1 time

pract 4- 1 time(1 time for part 1 and part 2, pract 4 i think is comfirm pass de lehz)

pract 5- 2 time

pract 6- 2 time

pract 7- 1 time

pract 8- 1 time

haha.. i love road lesson.. can speed.. haha..

:cheeky:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2537/4061860124_d759f7b59b_m.jpg

Honda NSR SP150 - FR 9***C

Honda NSR SP150 - FR 8***E

Honda RVF 400 - FBB 5***G

Yamaha Spark 135 - FBB 8***Z

Yamaha YZF R6 - FBA 5***E

Gilera ST200 - FBD 3***B

Kawasaki Z750 - FY 1***T

Yamaha FZ6N S2 - FBG9***A

YES! FINALLY I GOT 2 CHOPS! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH :sweat:

But still at prac 1.. sigh..

well at least i am left with cornering now...

Got chop for moving off, cos i dun wobble anymore.. hehe.. and changing gears i think.. dat one simple la..

but . BRAKING!!!!! argh.. still trying my best.. aiyah also not my fault la.. my last prac on monday was so crowded everyone go so sloooowwww like a snail.. ask u all go gear 3, muz faster abit mah, in the end i slow then i always almost kiss ppl backside.. so brake and gan cheong.. :mad:

another is cornering. dat one i gave up on monday. too hungry. nv eat dinner, hit around 3 cones, bike buang on small circuit, instructor ask me go home and eat dinner. haha..

jiayou! my cousin told me, mental riding is important.. need to think what u gonna do at least 2-3 seconds before, eg changing gear..

hor senior riders?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/juvenawu/13112006106.jpg

Dun be an idiot. You live your life and I live mine.

Originally posted by PinKcHicK@Jul 26 2006, 02:39 AM

Got chop for moving off, cos i dun wobble anymore.. hehe.. and changing gears i think.. dat one simple la..

but . BRAKING!!!!! argh.. still trying my best.. aiyah also not my fault la.. my last prac on monday was so crowded everyone go so sloooowwww like a snail.. ask u all go gear 3, muz faster abit mah, in the end i slow then i always almost kiss ppl backside.. so brake and gan cheong.. :mad:

another is cornering. dat one i gave up on monday. too hungry. nv eat dinner, hit around 3 cones, bike buang on small circuit, instructor ask me go home and eat dinner. haha..

jiayou! my cousin told me, mental riding is important.. need to think what u gonna do at least 2-3 seconds before, eg changing gear..

hor senior riders?

practice makes perfect! :cheeky:

Relax!

hor senior riders?

i think the confidence to know what you doing to do is important...

as what you said...in your mind..you know you are going to change gear soon...

by the time you finish the thought..its time to execute...

but remember..dont dwell over it for too long! keep your concentration and eyes on the road!

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Hehhe..had the same problem during my lesson last nite. Some of them were wobbling infront of me so i had to slow down until no need change up gear... mite as well remain at half-clutch.

then i also kan cheong and brake suddenly cos scared i hit them. :giddy:

braking smoothly not easy wor.. Any advice, fellow bikers? :confused:

But ok la, atleast next lesson can go main circuit! Finally! :cheer:

ermm...

dont know if this might help you...

but what i do is to anticipate...& look far ahead of you...

when you brake...as you are about to stop...slowly release the brakes..but make sure the braking effect is still there...until you reach your "destination"

when the bike is stationery..press the brakes again...

it works for me for both my bike & car...hope you can understand what im trying to say...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Originally posted by archenemy@Jul 26 2006, 10:23 PM

ermm...

dont know if this might help you...

but what i do is to anticipate...& look far ahead of you...

when you brake...as you are about to stop...slowly release the brakes..but make sure the braking effect is still there...until you reach your "destination"

it works for me for both my bike & car...hope you can understand what im trying to say...

erm i dun understand =x

Originally posted by archenemy@Jul 26 2006, 10:23 PM

Hey of cos! It's the same way as stopping a car. Just tt the controls are different. I'm so stoopeeed.

As the car is slowing down to a stop, you apply less & less pressure on the brakes (but not completely off the brake) >> do the same for the bike!

Since i know driving, I understand u perfectly. :smile: Thanks pal!

Originally posted by PinKcHicK@Jul 27 2006, 12:29 AM

erm i dun understand =x

ermm...ok..let me try again...

i see the traffic lights..its red...i start braking...

i depress my brakes...

3 seconds before i come to a dead stop...i release it slowly...but im still slowing down...

when i come to a dead stop..i depress my brakes fully again..to stop it from moving..

this is a method that, when done properly, ensures minimal jerking no matter how hard you brake...

hor senior riders?

Can I say Congrats? :cheeky:

As for riding..You have to look far ahead of you..You must somehow predict what is going to happen next..So you'll be ready when "it" happens..

As for cornering don't go too fast..Know you capability..Slow down if you think you're going to fast BEFORE cornering..Never brake while cornering unless..You're capable of controlling the brakes..

As for stopping..I don't really use my brakes that much..I simply close throttle (this is where engine braking comes into play)..As your speed decreases drop gears gradually..As you are about to stop "feather" your brakes till you come to a standstill..This will eliminate any possible jerking when you're stopping..Do not press the clutch when you're braking as this will eliminate the effectiveness of the engine braking..Just before the bike comes to a standstill press your clutch (so the bike won't stall) and a bit of brake ..This technique requires practice and try to stay calm when stopping..Don't so gan cheong and jam your brakes..Hope it helps..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Hi people. 1st time here.

Anyway, I just cleared lesson 6. Took it 2 times. Quite shocked I passed also because my u-turn like not so steady (to me lah). But of course happy, I cleared. Anyone took 2b in SSDC? Just wanted to ask, is it hard to clear lesson 7 & 8?

And can I also ask, when are we allowed to take the Road Revision? Issit after lesson 7 or lesson 8?

Thanks!

Originally posted by natz_mansiz@Jul 27 2006, 08:09 PM

Hi people. 1st time here.

Anyway, I just cleared lesson 6. Took it 2 times. Quite shocked I passed also because my u-turn like not so steady (to me lah). But of course happy, I cleared. Anyone took 2b in SSDC? Just wanted to ask, is it hard to clear lesson 7 & 8?

And can I also ask, when are we allowed to take the Road Revision? Issit after lesson 7 or lesson 8?

Thanks!

erm.. after lesson 7.. good luck bro..:goodluck:

Gilera ST200 - FBD 3***B

Kawasaki Z750 - FY 1***T

Hi Hi! I just cleared Practical 8 at SSDC. I think can only take Road Revision after Pract 8. (I asked the instructors... that's what they told me leh...)

Not sure whether pract 7 and 8 is considered easy... but I can share with you the common cause of failures.

I noticed that people generally don't pass Practical 7 when they are not too good at lane change. My group had to repeat Pract 7 cos we caused the cars on lane one to slow down when we lane change to lane 1. The others who repeat pract 7 failed to form up correctly when entering SSDC gate at the end of test route or failed to give way to pedestrian. I hope this helps u.

For practical 8, the killer is the circuit as there is high chance of getting immediate failure everywhere. If u are very steady here.. then pract 8 shld be a breeze. Good LUCK!!!! =)

sorry bro.. i also jus ask ssdc.. they say is pract 8.. haha.. sorry to give wrong info..:cheeky:

Gilera ST200 - FBD 3***B

Kawasaki Z750 - FY 1***T

Originally posted by Rei.G@Jul 29 2006, 12:23 AM

is it a must to go for the 4 theory lesson and e-trial before u can sit for the RTT?

im registered under the school one.cdc

That time I take they say must..Then a few weeks later ask them again and the say no need..But I still go..Its quite fun and you get to know more information than what the book contains..What I'm trying to say is it gives you an edge to pass your RTT..Especially the e-trial tests..Its really helpful and informative..

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

is it a must to go for the 4 theory lesson and e-trial before u can sit for the RTT?

Dun tink it's a must, but everyone still registers..

E-trial u can test out the real test questions and aga aga noe how u will fare during RTT.

My qn now, when will we know when RTT pass? instantly on the spot right?

if pass how do we go about booking PDL? or shld we wait until prac 7 then we go do our PDL?

Originally posted by PinKcHicK@Jul 30 2006, 02:08 PM

Dun tink it's a must, but everyone still registers..

E-trial u can test out the real test questions and aga aga noe how u will fare during RTT.

My qn now, when will we know when RTT pass? instantly on the spot right?

if pass how do we go about booking PDL? or shld we wait until prac 7 then we go do our PDL?

Now you will know the results instantly..No more waiting for 2 weeks for the letter to arrive in your mailbox anymore..But the result of the RTT will only be captured into the system after about 1 hour..

As for PDL..After your RTT pass can make already but its only needed after pract 5 coz you finally goin out to the REAL roads outside..

Pinkchick..You finished pract 5 already?

i didnt go for any of the theory lessons...

still passed my RTT on my 1st try...

think its your personal ability lah..i have been driving for years..so that was quite a breeze...

so if you think you need help..or need clarifications on certain rules...go for the lessons. its paid for anyway...

But if you dunno I will gladly help/teach you..

P.S. Applies to Pinkchick only..:cheeky:

Originally posted by compfused@Jul 31 2006, 01:37 AM

But if you dunno I will gladly help/teach you..

P.S. Applies to Pinkchick only..:cheeky:

aww i feel so rong xing :sweat:

wah tis thread is moved 1 year later. haha

btw.. what is the bike model we riding at cdc?

Originally posted by PinKcHicK@Aug 1 2006, 01:12 AM

wah tis thread is moved 1 year later. haha

btw.. what is the bike model we riding at cdc?

Yamaha YBR..You still riding the gold one or the blue one? The gold one no rpm meter..The blue one got..