SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

Bro,

Im keen to get a set if it is feasible.

Let coord a ride into JB for "box" hunting !

PM contact for coord.

Cheers

Hold your Phantoms first...:p

I asking a friend in Malaysia how much it costs over the other side. Will update asap.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

E21s are awesome. So small that u hardly notice its weight or bulk. Also wont affect the bike's handling in traffic. I think its capacity is just nice.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

wow, you mean you can have an extra fuel tank inside the side box? Can take a picture to see how it looks?

Hi it's just a normal 5 l fuel container and not an aux tank, need to physically top up the fuel tank. Got a pic.good thing is that it is low, for the top box can fit a 20 l tank easy. There's also some that can be placed outside but that is prone to theft. There are some larger containers that would fit so technically can fit 4times of fuel tank if all space is taken.

image.jpg

Edited by ber

Bro,

Im keen to get a set if it is feasible.

Let coord a ride into JB for "box" hunting !

PM contact for coord.

Cheers

Bro, sent you a PM already.

Let's wait for matthias75 update on the JB pricing.

I think if we 2 person go to LAB for e21 installation together, we can get a better pricing. :)

Hi it's just a normal 5 l fuel container and not an aux tank, need to physically top up the fuel tank. Got a pic.good thing is that it is low, for the top box can fit a 20 l tank easy. There's also some that can be placed outside but that is prone to theft. There are some larger containers that would fit so technically can fit 4times of fuel tank if all space is taken.

Can I just ask, if you do not make it an aux tank, why do you need to carry an extra 5 litre container?

cos, if you carry extra 5 litres around while riding, your gait (riding position) will be unbalanced while in Singapore. And if you intend to go "somewhere" and bring back the extra 5 litres, you may get into more trouble.

The main reason i got this is that this thing cost 4 plus dollars in china. I find aux tank unnecessary as it is not so hard to just stop and pour in petrol in case as a newbie i under estimate the reserve tank as I am using the fuel system cleaner and keeping the fuel level low to increase the cleaner concentration. The auxiliary tubing a bit excessive for me at this stage and the aux tank would more or less fix the fixture, containers are more flexible.

Balance not really an issue as I balance the other side out. Its amazing what this small boxes can hold. sacks of rice, gallon water, oil, sack of onion... no probs.

I haven't tried, I asked before one attendant, he tell me normally can't he is ok, but I didn't top up, the low tank location I think makes it less obvious too. I think it's same, if someone wanna do something with the petrol, they will drain it elsewhere after topping the tank, besides I pay using fuel discount card, easy traceable. Maybe I will try once soon , first time 1 l or lesser to slosh about the tank, but you are right, they may want nric or reject totally. Understandably so too.

The anti vibration pad, 5 $ each like quite ex to me leh, especially when need a few. Looking for compatible but found none. Maybe I will try if there's a possibility if silicone pads for thermal insulation would work. Those rubbery looking matts made of silicone, will cut and slot into the fins, should work and the thermal resistance and softness is much better. Will have to find where I placed them first.

One thing to be careful when carrying heavy loads and heavy pillion is that when moving to a right or left turn from stationary,go easy on the throttle, the front would lift if too fast.

Edited by ber

Side boxes in JB are damn hard to find.

I went all over the place, cannot find.

Silent Hunter also interested to install ?

Me & adiva78 are also interested to install.

Why not we 3 person go the LAB and install together ?

I bet we can get a much better price with 3 persons. (Power of bulk purchase)

I had to buy mine online.

Just DIY installed yesterday.

Shipping cost more than the boxes.... :faint:

I went round hunting for boxes in Dec 2013. Went to Danga Bay bike shop, but it already moved. The whole place was deserted, all the shops including makan places all gone. So I went to the new bike accessories shop behind Aeon Tebuara only got 1 pair, the big aluminium one (think it is TRAX) I also checked out Ah Guan Lane, shop by shop, all also don't have. :(

Conclusion.

JB mostly sell top boxes. If have will be leather side pouches.

They can however order for you if you don't mind waiting.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Whats the difference between the Givi monorail rack and Givi heavy duty rack for Phantom? I am contemplating changing my present rack to a short one, so that the box does not extend all the way "outwards". Either that or I will go Aunty Shop and modify my rack to a shorter version.

Or does anyone know if Ah Ann (Bike Fabricator) will make any stainless steel rack for Phantom?

Whats the difference between the Givi monorail rack and Givi heavy duty rack for Phantom? I am contemplating changing my present rack to a short one, so that the box does not extend all the way "outwards". Either that or I will go Aunty Shop and modify my rack to a shorter version.

Or does anyone know if Ah Ann (Bike Fabricator) will make any stainless steel rack for Phantom?

bro if rack become shorter then the box moves in front, pillion will have no space to sit or not

Wywsyy - My current rack is the "chiong" one which is rather long and if I remove the backrest, there will be a gap of about 4 inches from the tail end of the seat to the box. Hence I installed the back rest with only 1 pair of bolts/nuts so that it can be "flip" nearer without the gap.

If I can find a shorter rack, I will take remove the backrest. My box currently has a back cushion which could be used as a support for the pillion.