SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

Thanks Matthias76

It has a fine print on the bottom - Top up $60 for Honda TA200 for all Top Service / Overhaul Packages

so it is 389 + 60 = 449. :)

Take a look at this first

$389 (4T) Top Overhaul Package*

- Replace Piston

- Replace Piston Ring

- Service valves

- Service/tune carburetor

- Polish block

- Polish cylinder head

- Replace gaskets

- Castrol mineral engine oil

- NGK/ Denso regular spark plug

- Radiator flush

- Engine Ice High Performance Coolant replacement

- Broquet Fuel Charger B2T

- Lubricate/ adjust drive chain

- Front and rear brakes check

- Tyres pressure check

- Electrical lightings check

- Battery check

http://www.uniquemotorsports.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155:p10-top-service&catid=42:default

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will go figure how the gear shifter works, I know the screw is loose. I had previously wanted to adjust the lever to accommodate my boots but there seem to be no screw from the outside.

Ah boy seems to have good pricings, you tried sourcing for parts there? the last time I asked about caliper, it was under 40 but I didnt buy as mine is working. The normal spark plug is $3. A chopper handlebar was 40.

The anti vibration thing, I looked at a lot of phantoms, they do not have that. A lot of bikes do not have that too. Maybe I will get those silicone mat and shim it a bit. The majority of the vibration I have comes from the windshield. I didnt set it up properly and it is vibrating on my headlight.

I like the look of wwII royal enfield bikes, looks like the slimmer version of the even nicer IMZ M-72 / changjiang 750.

There's someone here in the forum selling his old callipers (front and back) for $50. I haven't asked about this part in FJT, but I suspect its around the same price Ah Boy is quoting, since the stock he has is usually ordered from the same old few (FJT, Everfit, Eversuccess).

There is no external screw in the gear shifter lever to adjust the tension. There is however one inside the assembly (part 18)for adjustment, but again, it is limited by the "free play" worn out near the rod(part 4), and clamp(part 3). I had the same problem, so i went to buy one set while fabricating the forward controls by the way.

Like I said earlier, damn simple to change and replace. Make sure you have the following things and tools;

Pedal Assembly.jpg

size 10 spanner (removing the bolt that secures the clamp to the gear pinion)

size 8 box spanner (for part 18)

pliers (to remove the cotter pins (part 17)

size 12, to remove the bolts (part 19)

By the way, the 4 piece you get is just (part 2, part 6, part 4 and part 3) no bolts and nuts and cotter pins whatsoever. So better have on hand some cotter pins to replace. The rubber covers (part 5) can be reused. And good to have a pail of water and detergent to standby, expect a lot of grime and dirt while replacing.

The majority of the vibration I have comes from the windshield. I didnt set it up properly and it is vibrating on my headlight.

A lot of household products can be used to dampen the vibrations. I used rubber washers meant for taps on all the bolts and nuts on the windshield and rubber insulators (piece type) on the areas where the rods comes in contact with the other parts of the bike. Work wonders.

After reading naim's post that he diy almost everything he could, I became very inspired and bought an old pair of calipers from a forummer and explore. But now I think I am very confused. Are both front and rear brake calipers identical? If so, why is the front so much cheaper than the rear? Ber said ah boy quoted him front for under 40. I checked with FJT and the rear is 100???

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Maybe fjt selling the entire caliper with pump and reservoir? or maybe with brake pad? I have not seen what ah boy will sell me but I am guessing without brake pads. If with pads, its very cheap. Will ask about the rear caliper when I go there.

You bought the front or the back caliper?

The few calipers that I bought from overseas all came brake pad but it is still cheaper to get the entire assembly because they include the hose and fluid.

I bend down and checked the gear shift area, cant see much because it at night but it felt like a spongy stuff at the hinge. A servicing is due. Thank you for the wrench size. Do I need to remove the front sprocket cover? Mine is shift down gear sometimes not responsive especially from 2 to 1.

You stay in a landed property where you can do your bike?

Yup im pretty sure they are identical eh. Probably price difference is what comes in the package i guess. And buying caliper from ahboy... Ermmm... Personally, dont take the risk ah bro. At least we knw FJT sell original parts. Especially when it comes to the braking system.

Actually no nd whole caliper ah. Get new set of seals and the bushings, polish up the pistons and u will get a brand new caliper liao.

For the gear shifter, yes u do hv to remove the sprocket cover. I had issues getting 2nd gear. End up the clamping bolt was loose. Thats all. Do check on it.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Hi bro, a boy one should be compatible parts. I do not know how to change the seals so for me changing the entire caliper is easier, but if at 100 then I better figure how is it done.

I stay in a hdb flat and sometimes to repair bike quite inconvenient because its dark at the corner and sometimes the tools dont match and have to go and get others upstairs.

thanks, will check the clamping bolt. I bought the brake grease and an iridium spark plug from amazon about 10us and 8.5 for the plug.

Just asking, is there higher seats for phantom ?? Because my phantom seat is abit low

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top up cushion and rewrap. If the top up is not so much as to require new coverings, it'll cost you around $15 - $25. If you want a seat that is considerably higher, you may have to rewrap the entire seat.

Maybe fjt selling the entire caliper with pump and reservoir? or maybe with brake pad? I have not seen what ah boy will sell me but I am guessing without brake pads. If with pads, its very cheap. Will ask about the rear caliper when I go there.

You bought the front or the back caliper?

The few calipers that I bought from overseas all came brake pad but it is still cheaper to get the entire assembly because they include the hose and fluid.

I bend down and checked the gear shift area, cant see much because it at night but it felt like a spongy stuff at the hinge. A servicing is due. Thank you for the wrench size. Do I need to remove the front sprocket cover? Mine is shift down gear sometimes not responsive especially from 2 to 1.

You stay in a landed property where you can do your bike?

Me stay in HDB. My carpark is a MSCP, and I usually ride to a level where there is little traffic. Sometimes I go all the way to the roof level to do it (on a sunny day).

My doubts too when i examine the 2 calipers. They look identical. FJT quoted that rear brake caliper does not come with brake pads but inclusive of rubber seals. The brake pump and reservoir not so sure. Everfit quoted 90+ (no stock), and Eversuccess said they don't have the part anymore.

Quick update - Fuel Tank (new type)

FJT - large variety of colors $350

Everfit - Silver only $350 (might as well go Ban Ho Leong - $285 nia)

Eversuccess - only has old type of fuel tank

I asked the person outside ah boy how much to rewrap phantom seat. Normal black material, $25. My opinion is wrap better material because that black vinyl looks cheap, you know, those with loosely woven threads at the back.

No wonder you can do, over at my side it is a normal carpark, its dark and at a corner with lots of traffic. The caliper looks generic to me. Looks like it is pretty standard type, the brake pad looks standard too. Add to that, I have not washed my bike yet so the grease is terrible but I have to open it to probably tighten the gear lever, was thinking maybe should go ah chong instead.

My bike needs a rear disc replacement.

Regarding the fuel tank isnt it pretty high considering the whole bike used is a couple of hundreds without the coe. Maybe should find a way to buy a whole scrap bike and take the parts. Not sure if it is feasible.

But do u even have torque specs? Just use loctite and tighten it well. Should be good enough. Then mark the bolt and disc with a paint marker to monitor if the bolt loosens

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/