SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depending on what you need.

Original parts -

1. Ban Hoe Leong Jalan Besar Plaza #01-33, 101 Kitchener Road, (S)208511 Open till 4pm on Sunday

2. Lim Ah Boy

Accessories I don't think there is much at both of the shops I listed. I am referring to Phantom accessories btw. I'm not so sure about other bikes accessories.

My ta200 have some problem to pick up speed from 90-100km/h (Engine vibrate alot, but no power) Went to Sin Boon Motors(woodlands) for diagnosis, was quoted the following - is the price ok ?

Clutch Plate - 48

Clutch Gasket - 18

Engine oil - 15

Piston + Ring - 95

rebow + "Corle" 35

Top Gasket - 35

Value Seal - 15

Grind Value - 20

Labour Charge - 200

Total - 481

You live in the west? Try go Ah Teck Enterprise first. Never wrong to get a second opinion. Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1, shop right at the corner end. Avoid the one at the center, besides Sum Soon. Super expensive.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Take a look at this first

$389 (4T) Top Overhaul Package*

- Replace Piston

- Replace Piston Ring

- Service valves

- Service/tune carburetor

- Polish block

- Polish cylinder head

- Replace gaskets

- Castrol mineral engine oil

- NGK/ Denso regular spark plug

- Radiator flush

- Engine Ice High Performance Coolant replacement

- Broquet Fuel Charger B2T

- Lubricate/ adjust drive chain

- Front and rear brakes check

- Tyres pressure check

- Electrical lightings check

- Battery check

http://www.uniquemotorsports.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155:p10-top-service&catid=42:default

the 15a fuse? should be under a dollar. BTW how many fuses are there in a ta200? I was thinking of assembling a spare set too. got those glass fuse in the lightings?

I was quoted from two dollars to 3 for a spark plug(same person) ngk dprea8 -9 what is the right price actually?

replacing at shop is $5

Went to Planet to change EO just now and ask Ah Chong whether got choke cable assembly but today no stock. He quoted me $18. Change my EO from Motul 10W40 to Motul15W50. $26. Test out 1500km then I'll comment.

Ever installed an oil temp sensor for the phantom. It does run really hot on 40wt. Probably not enough to damage the engine or even breakdown the oil, but if u intend to stretch ur service intervals or some vibration reduction at high revs, 50wt seems better. Thats my experience. :)

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Not so in this morning. Starting was quite the same. Usually takes about 2 -3 cranks to start it, i.e first crank engine will crank and run for about 2 secs before cutting off. then the 2nd or 3rd crank would do it. The more obvious difference is in the low revs, the vibration did reduce significantly at the crankcase region during the low revs.