SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Ride] Super 4 Track Sessions

Guest limpeiwah

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70037

In case first-timers do not know what Raptor and Palmer are talking about, refer to the map at the last post of this thread above.

========

I feel that every first timer's nightmare will be T9. Its uphill after T8 and then downhill right before T9, so when you pass the crest of the road its a sudden sharp right followed by left turn. If you run wide on T9 that will make T10 very difficult. Despite being warned of T9 and led by the nose on my first lap by a friend i still had a shock.

Ahhh...the T9 & T10 combo...

I've taken a picture of it as well 2 trackdays back:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/redbeacon/outdoor/PG%20Trackday%2023-09-07/PasirGudangTrackDay24Sept2007056.jpg?t=1195482828

This is the environment a 5-lap trackday race provides riders with:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/redbeacon/outdoor/PG%20Trackday%2023-09-07/PasirGudangTrackDay24Sept2007009.jpg?t=1195482952

The double L-angled turns look pretty impressive, aren't they :cool:

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weLL.. for a first timer.. taking pictures would be cool! ..hehe.. not really keen on going on tracks unless i've seen the actions first and learn abit on posture and appropriate skills.. haha..

Dude, there's no such thing as learning about the posture and skills by sitting around, just as we don't learn how to ride a bike by learning theory without lessons 1 to 8 for 2B. You won't gain much sitting around. Do join in for some hands on learning yeah.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

Dude, there's no such thing as learning about the posture and skills by sitting around, just as we don't learn how to ride a bike by learning theory without lessons 1 to 8 for 2B. You won't gain much sitting around. Do join in for some hands on learning yeah.

D'oh?! Hahaha.. wad i meant is actually learning by asking riders wad points to look out for on the track itself.. i.e. specifically wad pointers to take note of i.e. eyeline, leaning, handling position etc etc.. If just by seeing is learning... i think can be a motogp racer just by watching motogp race at televsion..hahahaha

ok ok.. lets just hope can get my suit.. btw.. would a normal touring jacket do? any recommendations? I know of the armour requirements elbows and back.. but any brands to quote? and prices ranging?

931153_10151259704352614_844334838_n.jpg

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Ash ah.. Leathers still better la. Touring jackets would do, in the sense they meet the minimum requirements to play at PG. Jeans would do too, but if I were to take a spill... well.. wouldn't do.... wished i had my leathers too...

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

leather abit ex leh.. hhmm i got this deal 450 for full suit two piece..SRS from a fen of mine.. dunnoe wanna buy or not.. :)..

btw pplater.. ure with the storm riders issit?

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Hey guys, count me in too! Just wanna know my bike better. Can I join?

By all means dude

The more the merrier :thumb:

By the way, you got your gear ready? Ain't no good (and it's not allowed) without gear.

Pplater...I'm definitely going on the 10th.

If that date is firmly set, then I'll be seeing ya guys there

You know, if we could form an only-400cc and under group, I could ask Syed, the track manager if we could chip in a bit more, we could book the track in the morning for half a day just for our class of riders.

Wadya say peeps? Possible, or is it too ideal a dream?

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

By all means dude

By the way, you got your gear ready? Ain't no good (and it's not allowed) without gear.

You know, if we could form an only-400cc and under group, I could ask Syed, the track manager if we could chip in a bit more, we could book the track in the morning for half a day just for our class of riders.

half a day? Its gonna cost 8000RM if i remember correct.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

this is how low a s4 can go...maybe even lower.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37833&d=1188204594

my micron full system midpipe. scraped at turn 1.

Great pics u got there bro! cool! :thumb:

Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

Really? You gonna be seated at the pits doin nothing.

Ain't gonna be fun :confused:

Its gonna be fun if we take their pics and videos together! hahahah! Been quite sometime never on track...coz of fasting and festive season...Hari raya... :cheeky:

Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

agree to the idea.. but it'll take alot of riders to go and get better price per head..

By all means dude

Its totally a good idea bro!!!! But if u were saying abt 400cc..r u refering to RVF and CBR too?? The best would be S4 only...coz ther is still diff in pick-up, cornering..etc. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Dream could come true!

half a day? Its gonna cost 8000RM if i remember correct.

Half a day??? Hmmm. Tats true bro...Unless we have lots of S4 riders willing to participate for leisure track day den it will be fun! We can have the Qualifying and Final....But that depends on the participation....:cheeky:

Half a day??? Hmmm. Tats true bro...Unless we have lots of S4 riders willing to participate for leisure track day den it will be fun! We can have the Qualifying and Final....But that depends on the participation....:cheeky:

nah. the purpose is not to race. doing that would get the wrong idea to the rest.

nah. the purpose is not to race. doing that would get the wrong idea to the rest.

I never say race wat, bro...leisure track day only...

Actually if play for 2hrs enuf wat...correct bro??

redbeacon: Thanks for the welcome bro. But will I be allowed in with a riding jacket and a pair of jeans? Of cause along with FF helmet, gloves and riding boots. Dont have a leather riding suit with me.

Btw being a newbie, I wonder if there's any place there [lockers or such] where I can keep my boxes safely?

Regards

sky_vinz

redbeacon: Thanks for the welcome bro. But will I be allowed in with a riding jacket and a pair of jeans? Of cause along with FF helmet, gloves and riding boots. Dont have a leather riding suit with me.

Btw being a newbie, I wonder if there's any place there [lockers or such] where I can keep my boxes safely?

riding jacket yes, provided it has armour

lockers??? hmmm. u can put it by the side and lock it bro.

leather abit ex leh.. hhmm i got this deal 450 for full suit two piece..SRS from a fen of mine.. dunnoe wanna buy or not.. :)..

btw pplater.. ure with the storm riders issit?

Hey Ash.. I hang out with Motov, but we did join Storm Riders on a ride to Port Dickson. The biking community is a small world :cheeky:

Bro, would suggest you use knee guards if you're wearing jeans. They would help protect the knees. About the box, you can leave them in the office with Syed. In fact, he encouraged me to do that the last time rather than leave it lying around. It doesn't take too much time and effort to empty our boxes :angel:

:cheer: Super 4 track session :cheer:

Date: 10 Dec Monday

Time: 8am at 2nd link Petronas

Minimum attire: Full face helmet, touring jacket with armour, Gloves, touring pants/jeans.

PS: If you are wearing jeans please put on knee guards.

Info on Pasir Gudang: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=70037

Riders on the racetrack:

1. Pplater

2. Redbeacon

Riders spectating :cheers: :popcorn:

1. Asharie

All 400cc bikes welcome

Hey Ash.. I hang out with Motov, but we did join Storm Riders on a ride to Port Dickson. The biking community is a small world :cheeky:

Bro, would suggest you use knee guards if you're wearing jeans. They would help protect the knees. About the box, you can leave them in the office with Syed. In fact, he encouraged me to do that the last time rather than leave it lying around. It doesn't take too much time and effort to empty our boxes :angel:

so bro...u still playing on 10th dec? How many riders so far?

:cheer: Super 4 track session :cheer:

Date: 10 Dec Monday

Time: 8am at 2nd link Petronas

Minimum attire: Full face helmet, touring jacket with armour, Gloves, touring pants/jeans.

PS: If you are wearing jeans please put on knee guards.

Info on Pasir Gudang: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=70037

Riders on the racetrack:

1. Pplater

2. Redbeacon

Riders spectating :cheers: :popcorn:

1. Asharie

2. Sabbaha :thumb:

All 400cc bikes welcome

Ok get it.....

Ain't anymore riders????

PaLmEr, sabbaha: Haha, okie. Thanks.

Pplater: Yep, usually have knee guards beneath my jeans whenever I cross the checkpt. ;) Thanks for the advice. Btw how do I look for Mr Syed?

Guys, I'll go apply leave from my workplace and update you guys about my attendance. Thanks. Btw will be going slow as I'm using BT021 as well. Just to get a feel.

Regards

sky_vinz