SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Ride] Super 4 Track Sessions

Guest limpeiwah

Scroll up, bro. The tentative dates are out.

BTW, I'm going to see whether I can "free myself" on those dates.

Seeya there, guys!

U can suggest any weekdays too. I'm having holidays in Dec :angel:

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to Moderators: Hi mods, I remember this thread was opened in super 4 threads section by limpehwah but moved to track thread by a moderator. Could this thread be shifted to super 4 section cause its really weird to see "super4 track day" in "On The Track" section when super4 is not a track bike? Also, given that most super4 riders dun do track, its unlikely they will browse the track threads.

Therefore i feel this thread should be placed in super4 section. Mods address this please?

yup should move this in S4 section. :thumb:

btw i just change sports touring tyre bt21 :(

how can go track with this tyre ? if not just go there see see take picture.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa374/kingform90/Wtf_japanese_butt_gun.gif

im with 10 dec.. keke

shud be fun.. never been to track before.. :)

931153_10151259704352614_844334838_n.jpg

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

It's possible...but FYI there are several things that you need to do to compensate for the tyres' lack of/inability to become very sticky whilst running them hard during track sessions.

Up to ya to decide

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Hi Kutrax, I'm using BT021 as well. Some of my friends on big bikes play track with BT014, which are sport touring tyres as well. I do not have any problems with 021 on the track, and have not encountered any tyre slip or lost of traction, mainly because I'm too slow. Unless you are pushing the tyres to the limit for track timings by braking in corners, 021 should be able to meet your needs for the occasional track day. One issue may be that it has a flat profile, unlike M3 which has rounder tyre profile that steers easier and is more agile.

Thanks mods for shifting this thread back to Super4 section. :thumb:

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

Better not...not worth it...My 2 cents.. :cheeky: U will get a tail whip...But if wanna play..just go slow....Anyway i will go slow too.

Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

Super 4 track session

Date: 10 Dec Monday

Time: 8am at 2nd link Petronas

Minimum attire: Full face helmet, touring jacket with armour, Gloves, touring pants/jeans.

PS: If you are wearing jeans please put on knee guards.

Info on Pasir Gudang: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70037

1. Pplater

2. Asharie

Super 4 track session

Date: 10 Dec Monday

Time: 8am at 2nd link Petronas

Minimum attire: Full face helmet, touring jacket with armour, Gloves, touring pants/jeans.

PS: If you are wearing jeans please put on knee guards.

Info on Pasir Gudang: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70037

Riders on the racetrack:

1. Pplater

2. Asharie

Riders spectating:

1. Nelly (I'll offer to lead if everybody does not know how to get there)

-

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

pplater ah.. i not confirm on racetrack section.. i try to get my suit.. if cant then i go on spectate list..

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Guys, just a piece of advice.

Don't go to near the apex of Turn 5. Stay about 2 feet away from the inside edge.

That is the lowest point in that corner, it is a depression on the track where water collects. All the loose gravel and sand gets collected there too.

Seen too many people lose the front end in that corner.

It is the same for Turn 12 too. There is an obvious dip there which will upstage your suspension causing you to wobble and possibly end up with a tank slapper when you come onto the front straight if your suspension is not set right.

Have fun. Ride safe and within your limits.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Guys, just a piece of advice.

Don't go to near the apex of Turn 5. Stay about 2 feet away from the inside edge.

That is the lowest point in that corner, it is a depression on the track where water collects. All the loose gravel and sand gets collected there too.

Seen too many people lose the front end in that corner.

It is the same for Turn 12 too. There is an obvious dip there which will upstage your suspension causing you to wobble and possibly end up with a tank slapper when you come onto the front straight if your suspension is not set right.

Have fun. Ride safe and within your limits.

agreed! theres a smaller one @ turn 8 too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

That was what I heard from my friend that tyres changing is available at PG. It should be inside a container and available only for Fri & Sat. There should be a shop and should be ready by Dec as what I heard from my friend.

Anyone can verify this?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70037

In case first-timers do not know what Raptor and Palmer are talking about, refer to the map at the last post of this thread above.

The turns are marked by T1, T2, T3 etc..

I feel that every first timer's nightmare will be T9. Its uphill after T8 and then downhill right before T9, so when you pass the crest of the road its a sudden sharp right followed by left turn. If you run wide on T9 that will make T10 very difficult. Despite being warned of T9 and led by the nose on my first lap by a friend i still had a shock.

First-timers will not be able to tell which turn is number what when you are on the track, so my suggestion will be to go slow for a few laps first, familiarize yourself with the layout of the track and remember where is T9 before pushing. It took me a couple track sessions before i could tell which turn is which, and till then pushing is a risky business. But the track benefits of just a few sessions, even 1 session will be noticeable to you when you ride on the streets. There's plenty to learn about your machine and yourself in a controlled environment like PG built just for that. Am sure the track regulars like Raptor and Palmer will agree :)

That was what I heard from my friend that tyres changing is available at PG. It should be inside a container and available only for Fri & Sat. There should be a shop and should be ready by Dec as what I heard from my friend.

Anyone can verify this?

Wow, if that is true... that's great.

Hope their prices would be competitive though. :thumb:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70037

In case first-timers do not know what Raptor and Palmer are talking about, refer to the map at the last post of this thread above.

The turns are marked by T1, T2, T3 etc..

I feel that every first timer's nightmare will be T9. Its uphill after T8 and then downhill right before T9, so when you pass the crest of the road its a sudden sharp right followed by left turn. If you run wide on T9 that will make T10 very difficult. Despite being warned of T9 and led by the nose on my first lap by a friend i still had a shock.

First-timers will not be able to tell which turn is number what when you are on the track, so my suggestion will be to go slow for a few laps first, familiarize yourself with the layout of the track and remember where is T9 before pushing. It took me a couple track sessions before i could tell which turn is which, and till then pushing is a risky business. But the track benefits of just a few sessions, even 1 session will be noticeable to you when you ride on the streets. There's plenty to learn about your machine and yourself in a controlled environment like PG built just for that. Am sure the track regulars like Raptor and Palmer will agree :)

haha till now turn 1 is my only nightmare...

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

this is how low a s4 can go...maybe even lower.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37833&d=1188204594

my micron full system midpipe. scraped at turn 1.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

Really? You gonna be seated at the pits doin nothing.

Ain't gonna be fun :confused:

weLL.. for a first timer.. taking pictures would be cool! ..hehe.. not really keen on going on tracks unless i've seen the actions first and learn abit on posture and appropriate skills.. haha..