SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

theforce >> aite.. thanks for reminding me abt the COE. haha

jaggy >> i've not seen a cbf in real life before.. when u say it's big.. how big is it? pulsar is rather big.. is cbf or pulsar bigger?

well you have to see it to know it. Words cannot describe it.

Try looking around in your carpark. You should be able to find one.

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What grade/brand of petrol are you guys using for your CBF 150?

Me using 92 Exxon Mobil, cos manual says anything above 91 is ok mah ... petrol so ex nowadays...

Btw did the warranty card mention that the first 3 oil changes according to the recommended mileage must be done at Boon Siew for the warranty to be honoured? Anyone knows?

Me using 92 Exxon Mobil, cos manual says anything above 91 is ok mah ... petrol so ex nowadays...

Btw did the warranty card mention that the first 3 oil changes according to the recommended mileage must be done at Boon Siew for the warranty to be honoured? Anyone knows?

Could that be a reason for your "Not so good" FC??

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

Could that be a reason for your "Not so good" FC??

Hmm don think so cos I pumped 95 for my first tank, only switched to 92 subsequently after I read the manual. Nevertheless I intend to observe further and get it checked by Boon Siew soon.

Any other riders here find that the grade of petrol affects their FC? Pls share, thanks

Did you feel a difference when you switched from 95 to 92?

Did the engine feel rougher and loss of pick up?

Collecting my red cbf 150 today... first to petrol station, then to 4D shop! Haha... Hope Singapore pools can sponsor my cbf 150!

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

Collecting my red cbf 150 today... first to petrol station, then to 4D shop! Haha... Hope Singapore pools can sponsor my cbf 150!

:lol:lol: :lol: :lol:

my house ard no cbf wor.. got kips, r1, cb750, rxz, phantom, suzuki en125 ... blah blah blah .. but no cbf..

hows ur new ride by the way.. hehe..

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

"Riding a slow bike fast is always more fun than riding a fast bike slow."

i'm using shell 92,getting 44km on my last previous tank. yah the steering sound is from the rubber hoses.i intend to fully go to boonsiew to maintain as i'm lazy to look around for a good outside shop to do my cbf.anyting wrong jus pressure them,no headache.honoured or not honoured, for tat YES. when i was there, there's 1 rider who got his bike for 1 mth plus, the rear hub got loose,bring to the shop he collected from n boonsiew found out tt its been tampered wif, they are VERY relucten to gif tt rider the warranty. but after much discussion between rider n boonsiew, boonsiew gave in to tt rider.haha... reason, its the first mth oni. so guys,ANYTHING wrong, jus bring back to boonsiew.

Congrats! Be sure to share your findings on your new ride as you get to know it ...

Probably a bit of loss in performance but it could all be imaginary. But I'm not the best person to ask about this since I'm barely into my 3rd top-up. My rationale is that if FC doesn't suffer I actually don't mind a little performance diference :p My latest FC is 40km/l, hope it will improve further ..

Anyone going down to Boon Siew this coming Sat? I'll be there for my 800km servicing.

Btw it seems from the warranty card that Boon Siew expects us to do the first 3 service (supposed to be free) there to honour the warranty.

Do you guys experience petrol being flowed out from the discharge tube which is near the main stand?

Seems like when i park my bike after riding, I can see a little petrol on the floor...

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

i bought my few mths back...

now, i have decided to increase the mileage factor a notch

wanting to do a hub, air filter n carb change...

any advice...

currently doing 44km/l...constant 90...using v power

no probs with the bike...

did a little skid round bends a couple of times...(seletar)

FRIGHTENING !!!!!

think the stock (duro) wheels can throw out d window...

grip on wet surface just sux.... intend to change to michelin...

cheers ppl.....

i'm using shell 92,getting 44km on my last previous tank. yah the steering sound is from the rubber hoses.i intend to fully go to boonsiew to maintain as i'm lazy to look around for a good outside shop to do my cbf.anyting wrong jus pressure them,no headache.honoured or not honoured, for tat YES. when i was there, there's 1 rider who got his bike for 1 mth plus, the rear hub got loose,bring to the shop he collected from n boonsiew found out tt its been tampered wif, they are VERY relucten to gif tt rider the warranty. but after much discussion between rider n boonsiew, boonsiew gave in to tt rider.haha... reason, its the first mth oni. so guys,ANYTHING wrong, jus bring back to boonsiew.

Hi merboy,

After reading your post, I think I will faithfully go to Boon Siew for my bike servicing all the way until the warranty expires. Considering that this bike is new in the market, it may have some manufacturing and design problems which cant be solve by outside bikeshops or costly to rectify.

Congrats! Be sure to share your findings on your new ride as you get to know it ...

Probably a bit of loss in performance but it could all be imaginary. But I'm not the best person to ask about this since I'm barely into my 3rd top-up. My rationale is that if FC doesn't suffer I actually don't mind a little performance diference :p My latest FC is 40km/l, hope it will improve further ..

Anyone going down to Boon Siew this coming Sat? I'll be there for my 800km servicing.

Btw it seems from the warranty card that Boon Siew expects us to do the first 3 service (supposed to be free) there to honour the warranty.

Hey bro, sorry that I wasnt able to meet you up last night as I was down with flu for the past few nights.

You so fast reached 800km liao? I just about to reach 400km only. Anyway, I may be able to see you at Boon Siew this sat for our first servicing. I guessed I will follow the month instead of mileage counting since the warranty card stated whichever comes first. For the warranty to be honoured, you will have to go Boon Siew for servicing all the way till warranty expires.

Do you guys experience petrol being flowed out from the discharge tube which is near the main stand?

Seems like when i park my bike after riding, I can see a little petrol on the floor...

Did you overfill your tank? For me, I only pump till just about to touch that horizontal bar inside the tank. Maybe that explains why I am experiencing a lower mileage.

Could be...Will try on my next tank fill up.

Just wondering how to find time to go down to Boon Siew? They are open only office hours.

Like that need to take leave ah? sigh

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

jusr curious, how u guys calculate your FC?

for me, i see the distance travelled from the last full tank and before the next oil pump...

This is what I do

1) Fill up your tank to the maximum as per stated in the manual (where the petrol level is just touching the 'neck' of the tank).

2) Reset your trip meter

3) Ride as per normal and top it up to the full again at your next top-up. Your FC is the no, of litres pumped / no. of km travelled.

Eg. if trip meter shows 200 km and you pumped 4.5 litre, your FC is 200 divided by 4.5 = 44.44km/l

Hey bro, sorry that I wasnt able to meet you up last night as I was down with flu for the past few nights.

You so fast reached 800km liao? I just about to reach 400km only. Anyway, I may be able to see you at Boon Siew this sat for our first servicing. I guessed I will follow the month instead of mileage counting since the warranty card stated whichever comes first. For the warranty to be honoured, you will have to go Boon Siew for servicing all the way till warranty expires.

No problem yeoman, I'm sure we will have opportunities to meet up in future, hopefully with the rest of the CBF150 owners here too. I'm at about 620km today, will probably hit 800 by the weekend, workplace quite far from home lah .. Need to get some parts from scrapyard for my RXZ this Sat, will visit Boon Siew after that at about 10am. Do let me know if you will be coming.

Jaggy - According to their website, Boon Siew opens on Sat from morning till 2pm. Don't need to take leave if you don't work Saturdays.

Btw anyone knows where we connect a tachometer to the engine? Can't seem to find the place to plug the meter to ... want to adjust my idling lah ..

Seems like my FC is high....

Fuel tank needle is just a little above the halfway mark and my trip meter shows only 196km...

Do you guys feel the handle bar vibrate the moment you hit 70km/h?

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

ok... went ard town asking...

bridgestone, dunlop, michilin

do not have our tyre size. (stuck with stupid duro)

KNN filters do not have products for us. (stuck with paper)

irdium spark plug might give the bike ecu erratic behaviour....

anyone have ideas....

doing 196km for half a tank is ok...(going by fuel meter)

will works out to least 40km/l....

Do you guys feel the handle bar vibrate the moment you hit 70km/h?

Yup I experienced vibrating sensation from the handlebar once hit 70km/hr. But it seems that the vibration reduces by itself gradually after several rides. It maybe due to the new engine. Seasoned liao should be ok. Cant wait to do my first oil change so that I can try to go at constant 80km/hr after that. I am using the soft run in method. Gently and gradually.

But I am still figuring out how to get the 2nd gear kick correctly. Seems to be having a problem when kicking the 2nd gear. Sometimes quite smooth but sometimes very loud crack. It sound as if the gear is going to break off. Have this problem with my vtec spec 1 previously as well. Some people say it can be due to dirty oil. Not very sure. Hopefully things will be fine after my first oil change.

ok... went ard town asking...

bridgestone, dunlop, michilin

do not have our tyre size. (stuck with stupid duro)

KNN filters do not have products for us. (stuck with paper)

irdium spark plug might give the bike ecu erratic behaviour....

anyone have ideas....

doing 196km for half a tank is ok...(going by fuel meter)

will works out to least 40km/l....

Hey dude, so fast wanna mod your bike liao ar? Actually in my humble opinion, I feel that CBF150 isnt suitable to do much mods as compared to many other 2B bikes out there at the moment. Maybe you will have to wait for a while for this bike's aftermarket products to roll out as most of the bikeshops are currently focusing on importing this new bike to their showrooms.

Once settled down and the number of CBF150 riders increases, the manuafacturers will then be more willing to invest in producing innovative complement products that are suitable to use for this bike. Accessories items like air filters, headlight unit, taper bars, ionised control levers, exhaust system, crashbars, tachometer, tank bra, super grip tires... etc are some of the possible products that will be launch and much sought after by CBF150 riders.

I would say that CBF150 definitely have this potential to dominate a large portion of the 2B bike market because of its a Honda. So just be patience and look forward to those flashy accessories that is going to come along the way.