SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

Hey guys,

Shall we arrange for a meet-up next week? Seems that not that many CBF-riders in this forum so I guess if there are 3 confirmed riders coming then we can go ahead already.

How about next Sat (22 Dec) evening at about 8pm, location somewhere central lah (Bencoolen Street Prata shop, Selegie Beancurd, any Mcdonalds in/near town etc). Keen parties pls indicate below, suggestions for other dates and location welcome.

Meet-up on 22 Dec

1. theforce

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Shall we arrange for a meet-up next week? Seems that not that many CBF-riders in this forum so I guess if there are 3 confirmed riders coming then we can go ahead already.

How about next Sat (22 Dec) evening at about 8pm, location somewhere central lah (Bencoolen Street Prata shop, Selegie Beancurd, any Mcdonalds in/near town etc). Keen parties pls indicate below, suggestions for other dates and location welcome.

Meet-up on 22 Dec

1. theforce

if i'm free.. can i come along? hehe.. just wanna join in the fun.. but i've got no bike though.. hm..

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

"Riding a slow bike fast is always more fun than riding a fast bike slow."

Hi bro,

Sorry for being frank but I find that you are a bit too gan jiong over ur CBF liaoz... keke... Just relax and take it easy. CBF is one of the easiest maintenance bike in the market. However, any machine will encounter problems upon usage. It can be manuafacturing faults as well as user's error. Nevertheless, problems that CBF encounters should be able to resolve easily thanks to its simple design. Be confident of CBF. Please dont have that mentality thinking that China produces inferior products. You will be amazed by how advance their technology is. I believe that Honda also dont wish to ruin their reputation and definitely there will be stringent quality control in their plants in China.

As for DIY, I dont think I will go to the extent of opening up the engine case due to lack of proper work area to perform it. Most probably I will leave that task to a trustable bike shop. I will DIY for more manageable tasks like engine oil, spark plug, air filter and battery replacements.

is maintenance on cbf really easy? i was reading through the pulsar threads n they said the new batch of UG3 have alot of prob, then they had to go down to UM several times.

cbf got any major prob? does almost every mechanic know how to service a cbf? hehe..

sianz, going to genting next weekend, so cant mit up wif u guys. hw abt on the 29 dec???

the date is just a suggestion, lets try to arrange a date where more pple can come. Actually this weekend also can

if i'm free.. can i come along? hehe.. just wanna join in the fun.. but i've got no bike though.. hm..

Sure thing, good chance for you to check out the bike before commiting.

Hey Yeoman and the rest, come come .... share when you all free

is maintenance on cbf really easy? i was reading through the pulsar threads n they said the new batch of UG3 have alot of prob, then they had to go down to UM several times.

cbf got any major prob? does almost every mechanic know how to service a cbf? hehe..

Yeah I was following the Bajaj thread quite closely too. Perhaps the Bajaj has incorporated too many electronic components on their bikes (digital meter, signal-cancel sensor, firing system for their twin spark plug system etc), while all these offer great functionality and outlook, such systems usually fails in high-temperature yet wet weather climate like in Singapore. Maybe it did not rain as often in India, i donno...

For the CBF maintenance, it seems relatively straight-forward, if we do have an outing, u can have a look at the bike manual to have a rough idea. Basic maintenance can either DIY or get it done at any reputable shop. While the mechanic may not have touched many CBFs, he should be able to figure out after 'feeling' around (provided he is competent enough lah. As for major repairs like overhaul, I personally would pay more for it to be done at Boon Siew.

I think if a bike can survive a cycle of everyday riding in the monsoon session (like now) and the hot session in April to June without major problems, it is likely to be a reliable bike. My 2c. :>

Wah lau, not kan chiong lah, don't take my post too seriously bro .. just find the incident to be quite funny so just decide to share with you all, if not the thread very boring, keep talking about technical stuff hehe :p Btw I have full faith in China engineering, my ancestors also from China mah, their boats also never sink halfway (kidding!) haha

Anyway if got noise from my bike I will sure investigate one, had unforgettable experience, my front cowling on my ex-bike almost flew off on the highway due to loose bolts, I used one hand to hold it for a distance of 200m on the N-S highway before I managed to brake safely, think of it also want to laugh man haha

For DIY I meant maintenance tasks like open up engine case to do block-cleaning which I did for my RXZ b4, its not that difficult actually although very time-consuming. but of course if its something like engine overhaul I would prefer to leave it to Boon Siew lah. from the way I look at the HK site, seems that other simpler tasks like adjusting tappet clearance and cleaning the internal filter mesh also requires opening parts with gaskets, thats y I mention that we need the relevant gaskets before opening up anything. I know some pple (esp some motoshop mechanic) just use back the old gaskets but I always change lah, its a personal preference. Anyway gaskets are usually quite affordable ...

Haha... ya... I find your post quite funny too. So quickly post to reassure not only you but other readers as well that CBF isn't that lousy.

Actually, I am not quite sure about Pulsar design. But from my experience is that as long as any bike that is design involving a lot of electronic stuffs will be a problematic bike. The reason is because these electronic components are easier to malfunction after some time of usage and troubleshooting the fault isnt easy. Special engine designs can also cause problems due to its instability in prolong usage.

For CBF wise, its engine design is very simple and fundamental. This type of engine has proven to be very reliable and can last for decades if well taken care of. Most of the mechanics will face not much problems in rectifying CBF engine defects since it is a common engine which no additional components that require special troubleshooting methods.

The only let down is that CBF has not much power. Trying to push the bike beyond 100km/hr will be over stressing the engine. For most of the CBF riders here, we are contented to have CBF as a transportation in Singapore. Its good fuel efficiency helps to ease our pockets esp in this period of soaring fuel price.

the date is just a suggestion, lets try to arrange a date where more pple can come. Actually this weekend also can

Sure thing, good chance for you to check out the bike before commiting.

Hey Yeoman and the rest, come come .... share when you all free

Alamak, me on night shift for that day.

Actually, I am not quite sure about Pulsar design. But from my experience is that as long as any bike that is design involving a lot of electronic stuffs will be a problematic bike. The reason is because these electronic components are easier to malfunction after some time of usage and troubleshooting the fault isnt easy. Special engine designs can also cause problems due to its instability in prolong usage.

For CBF wise, its engine design is very simple and fundamental. This type of engine has proven to be very reliable and can last for decades if well taken care of. Most of the mechanics will face not much problems in rectifying CBF engine defects since it is a common engine which no additional components that require special troubleshooting methods.

The only let down is that CBF has not much power. Trying to push the bike beyond 100km/hr will be over stressing the engine. For most of the CBF riders here, we are contented to have CBF as a transportation in Singapore. Its good fuel efficiency helps to ease our pockets esp in this period of soaring fuel price.

i'll be using it for transport as well, but i will oso pillon my gf.. together we weigh about 150kg. when i was taking my pillon riding lessons in bbdc, i realised it makes a huge difference when got pillon or not.

when u say cbf no power, does it have enough power to pillon? if got, i'm happy enough already.. hehe

i'll be using it for transport as well, but i will oso pillon my gf.. together we weigh about 150kg. when i was taking my pillon riding lessons in bbdc, i realised it makes a huge difference when got pillon or not.

when u say cbf no power, does it have enough power to pillon? if got, i'm happy enough already.. hehe

Yes, it is different to ride with pillion. CBF has no problem in carrying pillion. Dont worry. What I meant by lack of power is more on the max top speed that CBF can go and how fast the bike can pick up. For normal riding wise, CBF is more than sufficient.

b4 i went to buy my cbf, i oso consider abt pulsar, bt the shop owner itself said tt its a problematic bike and part r nt tt easy to find else where.

thanks for helping me to reaffirm my decision.. hehe

Yes, it is different to ride with pillion. CBF has no problem in carrying pillion. Dont worry. What I meant by lack of power is more on the max top speed that CBF can go and how fast the bike can pick up. For normal riding wise, CBF is more than sufficient.

tats great!!! haha.. still rmbr during my bbdc lesson, i pillon on the slope.. cannot move off!!!!!! lol..

tats great!!! haha.. still rmbr during my bbdc lesson, i pillon on the slope.. cannot move off!!!!!! lol..

Haha... ya... most probably because you are still new to riding. That's why you find that the bike couldnt move off. Just like when I was having my driving lessons last time, I kept wondering why the car always rolled backwards no matter how I accelerated. No need to worry too much for that. Once you got your bike, you will know how to ride it properly. But of course, you must be extremely careful during the first few months and avoid carrying pillion till you are confident enough.

Haha... ya... most probably because you are still new to riding. That's why you find that the bike couldnt move off. Just like when I was having my driving lessons last time, I kept wondering why the car always rolled backwards no matter how I accelerated. No need to worry too much for that. Once you got your bike, you will know how to ride it properly. But of course, you must be extremely careful during the first few months and avoid carrying pillion till you are confident enough.

carrying pillon till i'm confident.. tats a good point.. hehe.. oso my pillon must have confidence in me!! lol

tml u free whole day issit? hehe. i'm going out but i dunno wad time i'll be back. when i'm back i'll contact u, den if u free we meet up and u guide me on cbf can? hehe..

i look at yeoman siggy...wow the bike really look nice sia with that colour scheme...i google it...and found this pic

http://www.ibike.com.hk/01_bike_report/07/honda/07_cbf150/a05.jpg

its totally the same bike we have here in our island right?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/khairul/siggy%20editor/Yishundam.jpg

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

hmm i always love the varadero 125...but the ever expensive price of the bike always keep me away from it...

after i look at this cbf....hmm,it look like its can offer me a cheaper alternative ek...not sure bout it reliablity though...

quick compare

vara and cbf

vara 125cc...cbf 150cc,hence cbf have the upper hand...and cbf too have a sports rim...both have mono shock...top speed should be the same aight...i not really sure its fair to compare it this way though...

but cbf with side box,hand guard...fog light at the side..hmm...:rolleyes:

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

hmm i always love the varadero 125...but the ever expensive price of the bike always keep me away from it...

after i look at this cbf....hmm,it look like its can offer me a cheaper alternative ek...not sure bout it reliablity though...

quick compare

vara and cbf

vara 125cc...cbf 150cc,hence cbf have the upper hand...and cbf too have a sports rim...both have mono shock...top speed should be the same aight...i not really sure its fair to compare it this way though...

but cbf with side box,hand guard...fog light at the side..hmm...:rolleyes:

Hmm I think you will be disappointed if you want to get a CBF as an alternative to the Vara, cos the CBF is after all meant as a cheap transport bike with no frills. The Vara cc may be smaller but I believe it is as powerful if not more (need to support the additional body weight as well). Don't get me wrong the CBF is a great bike and I love it. But I thought comparing it to a Vara is way off... Cheers mate, hows your rxz? :p

Btw that colour scheme in the pic is not available in Singapore leh ... I've seen CBFs online with the Repsol colour scheme too, sure looks good!

Hmm I think you will be disappointed if you want to get a CBF as an alternative to the Vara, cos the CBF is after all meant as a cheap transport bike with no frills. The Vara cc may be smaller but I believe it is as powerful if not more (need to support the additional body weight as well). Don't get me wrong the CBF is a great bike and I love it. But I thought comparing it to a Vara is way off... Cheers mate, hows your rxz? :p

Btw that colour scheme in the pic is not available in Singapore leh ... I've seen CBFs online with the Repsol colour scheme too, sure looks good!

hmm noted thats y i said i not sure if it is fair to compare it with the vara...but this cbf seem to have a lot of potential upgrades...hmm...i saw one pic which look like wat i want to do to it if i ever own one...:p

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4646/cbf150yanantaqa1.jpg

:lovestruck:

this with the red white theme...and few more accessory...wow!...look like touring bike liao...

btw my z i sold off liao...

I believe that all the accessories will be available for CBF in just a matter of time. May have to custom fit some of it though. For CBF to become a tourer bike, I personally find that it is not recommendable although the bike is able to do so due to safety reasons. But definitely it will be nice to have those side boxes to boost on storage space and other accesories to make the bike more attractive.

Sorry to off topic a bit.

Khaitronic, my place here got one RG rider.

WOW! Pm u...

Btw i might consider this bike next year lah...now seeing which bike is cheap otr and have cheap fuel consumption...i kinda like the outlook of this cbf...cause it look like vara...i cant think of other bike that suit my liking for a 4 stroke transport bike 4 now...

but actually what the diff between vara and other small cc bike ek...as in vara can go for touring but other bike not really recommended...

vara is heavier n more stable to suit touring n the technology is diff. vara haf PGM-FI n cbf is carb.for cbf is enuf for mi to travel from jrong to changi n back quite comfortably. pricing is a major factor among he two. an sp150 can oso go to krabi(thailand) n bac wif my frends 3 nation ride club. jus haf to fill up petrol more more often. cbf haf a mileage of 350km n above in 1 single fill up. if i want to haf a paint job to repsol theme, abt how much would it be??? i had a GIVI 43l box n it quite enuf for my usage in spore. regarding the FC, i notice tt the weight n riding habit of the rider will oso affect it. wat oil r u all using. pls advice...