SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

I'm starting to lock the handlebar now. Decided to turn the switch to always using reserve too. Just topup petro and its 6.5l again. Maybe next round I should make use of the tripmeter. 400km then go topup

Yup, good choice! Can never be too sure with increasingly-crafty thieves around

Is your CBF the newer 2012 model by the way? Random/just curious.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is up to how much u dote ur bike....

True..Or for me, it's whenever I head over to Johor for some Petronas/V-Power. So about 1-1.5 weeks once I guess.

Btw, what's the market rate for anyone who's ever washed + wax/polish your bike there? I keep getting a mix of prices. Some 20RM, some 15RM, some 9-12RM also have..

Oh that's at least twice a month.

V-power it's good for the engine?

Very, very smooth for me. But my fuel consumption went up, only about 30km/l cos it burns pretty fast. You sure feel that added bit of power, in my opinion.

Whether it's good for the engine or not, I'm not sure. Just feels great though!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone install a crash bar? Can share where are the mounting points?

I managed to fix one in my bike. But during braking, some chaffing / knocking sound is heard at the front. I suspect it is due to the chaffing of the mounting area.

Anyone install a crash bar? Can share where are the mounting points?

I managed to fix one in my bike. But during braking, some chaffing / knocking sound is heard at the front. I suspect it is due to the chaffing of the mounting area.

A few of us installed e original Honda cbf150 crashbar, very firm and solid so didnt hear anything...

Mounting points are along the main frame in front of the engine, will use one of the screws out of e 3 for mounting as well... Abit hard to explain in words, maybe u can join us in FB and we can advise u more...

:pray::pray:

Did a check and found that the bar is hitting the front mudguard when braking as the weight is pushed forward.

Here's how the crash bar is mounted.

cbf150%20crash%20bar%20mounting.jpg

Can see urs seem to be not the original honda crash bar... Altot mine don have e word "honda"... The metal bar connecting ur bottom mounting point seems to be lifting the bar quite far thats y it hits ur mud guard... Mine and the others is much lower and don have mud guard issue... One solution u can do is to bring it to a metal fabricating shop to re-weld the bottom mounting point so that e bar is "closer" to ur frame instead of being more front...

Yup clicked accordingly and search too. Still .. not found. Googled also can't .. I wonder why.

lol, ur facebook account normal right? haha... e link i posted is a direct link, if still cant find den u pm me ur fb email, i sent u an invite...

*PS: I still have new members joining as of today, so doubt e group have error*

Hi guys, I am a P-plater looking around for a used motorbike for weekend or evening ride.

Have never own a motorbike before so please don't scold me if i asked stupid questions.

Have been browsing through several forums and reviews and have read that the CBF 150 is a very good and reliable bike.

So would like to enquire more info for used bike from existing riders.

a) what is consider a reasonable depreciating value per year for this bike ? (is there such a term ?)

- basically I am trying to compare the value by dividing the costs price by the years left on the bike's COE

b) anyone can advise what is the average costs for sending this bike to servicing:

i) normal ones (oil, filter, etc)

ii) what is the most expensive servicing ?

c) i was thinking of only getting 3rd party (with fire and theft) insurance (should be good enough ?)

d) if getting from direct owner or shop, usually can test ride ?

e) what are the main things to take note or to check on 2nd hand bikes ?

Thanks a lot for any input !

Cheers !

Hi guys, I am a P-plater looking around for a used motorbike for weekend or evening ride.

Have never own a motorbike before so please don't scold me if i asked stupid questions.

Have been browsing through several forums and reviews and have read that the CBF 150 is a very good and reliable bike.

So would like to enquire more info for used bike from existing riders.

Thanks a lot for any input !

Cheers !

Hey Ethan,

I'm not so knowledgeable in bikes as well, but I'll help you with those I know from personal experience.

"a) what is consider a reasonable depreciating value per year for this bike ? (is there such a term ?)

- basically I am trying to compare the value by dividing the costs price by the years left on the bike's COE"

The bike doesn't have a high value, in the first place, so getting it now and selling it later will probably be at a low price. Year-on-year, might not have much change in the value of it. The so-called "market price" for the CBF150 from what I have gathered is anywhere from $2k to $2.8k? Again, might not accurate, but just personal observation...

"b) anyone can advise what is the average costs for sending this bike to servicing:

i) normal ones (oil, filter, etc)

ii) what is the most expensive servicing ?"

I normally do a monthly or 1500km-2000km servicing. For engine oil, cheapest I've changed(dunno what brand, Honda maybe?) was $12 but lately I've been pampering my bike a bit, been using the Motul 7100 10W50 at around $28. Up to your own budget/feeling.

Most expensive servicing I've had to do was a top overhaul of the bike's engine. My bike has been through some crazy mileage for 5 years, so it was time to change it after the piston jammed. Cost me $270, I think.

"c) i was thinking of only getting 3rd party (with fire and theft) insurance (should be good enough ?)"

The cheapest one is just third party, which covers damage to third party vehicles etc. 3rd party with fire and theft should be slightly more expensive and offers better peace of mind in case some whacko decides to commit arson in your carpark or something. It also covers 50% of the open market value of your bike in case it gets stolen overseas, like if you go Johor and bike kena stolen. For more info, check out NTUC's website here: http://www.income.com.sg/forms/insdocument/Motor-Bike.pdf

"d) if getting from direct owner or shop, usually can test ride ? "

Depends on the bike shop/owner! Usually nearby carpark can la, but out on main road usually cannot. TP catch, both you and the seller's license GG liao..

"e) what are the main things to take note or to check on 2nd hand bikes ?"

This one I can't really advise you too, as I never bought a 2nd hand bike before. But generally, I would look at the superficial condition of the bike, to roughly gauge how roadworthy and alright it is first. Of course, best if you have the experience and know-how to check whether the engine sounds a bit off or the clutch plate worn or something..So best be careful and ask the shop mechanic or really really trust the guy u buying from..haha...

Hope that helps you, if only for a bit. Look forward to welcoming you into the CBF150 family! Our Facebook's here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbf150international/

Thank you wathell for replying my many questions !

Are you still riding the CBF150 and for how long already ?

Reason asking about the 'depreciation value' is because I browse in the bike mart section and see people selling at different prices.

So base on your estimated $2k - 2.8k selling price usually left with how many years of COE ?

I was thinking of just getting a bike with 1 or 2 years left (with option to renew COE) to test out first.

At least heart not that pain if i bang or scratch it accidentally if compared to newer ones.

Cheers.

Thank you wathell for replying my many questions !

Are you still riding the CBF150 and for how long already ?

Reason asking about the 'depreciation value' is because I browse in the bike mart section and see people selling at different prices.

So base on your estimated $2k - 2.8k selling price usually left with how many years of COE ?

I was thinking of just getting a bike with 1 or 2 years left (with option to renew COE) to test out first.

At least heart not that pain if i bang or scratch it accidentally if compared to newer ones.

Cheers.

No worries, man.

I'm sort of a newbie to motorbikes too. Only got my 2b like early last year. So been riding my CBF150 since then. Just that it used to belong to my dad, who bought it amongst the first few batches back in August 2007. So my bike's actually about 5.5 years old though I've only been riding it for a year and a half.

I'm not too sure about how many years left, but looking at it rationally, the first batch of CBF came in around 2006 I think, so the oldest bike on the road, should have at least (2016 minus June 2013 now) 3 years of COE left, which is decent.

I have no complaints with the bike, good enough fuel consumption for my 80-100km daily trips, rugged enough to go over numerous potholes and rubbish roads in Johor and best of all, almost maintainence-free (monthly just engine oil for me. Tyres, brakes etc about 6 months each). I think it's just a super easy to use and one of those few "plug-and-play" machines left. Sure no regrets one!

No worries, man.

I'm sort of a newbie to motorbikes too. Only got my 2b like early last year. So been riding my CBF150 since then. Just that it used to belong to my dad, who bought it amongst the first few batches back in August 2007. So my bike's actually about 5.5 years old though I've only been riding it for a year and a half.

I'm not too sure about how many years left, but looking at it rationally, the first batch of CBF came in around 2006 I think, so the oldest bike on the road, should have at least (2016 minus June 2013 now) 3 years of COE left, which is decent.

I have no complaints with the bike, good enough fuel consumption for my 80-100km daily trips, rugged enough to go over numerous potholes and rubbish roads in Johor and best of all, almost maintainence-free (monthly just engine oil for me. Tyres, brakes etc about 6 months each). I think it's just a super easy to use and one of those few "plug-and-play" machines left. Sure no regrets one!

Hi wathell, wow you travel quite a lot daily huh.

Anyways, you travel to Malaysia frequently ?

Mind if I ask how far have you ride to ?

Is the speed of this bike ok ?

I remembered doing the highway familiarization after passing my TP earlier this year and I have problem pushing the school's bike beyond 85km/h.

The handle bar tends to vibrate a lot. Or maybe because its a school's bike.

And by the way, when is required to do overhaul ?

I see this word in quite a lot of the used bike section.

Cheers.

Haha, yes. I need to get to Jurong West from my home in Pasir Ris 5 days a week.

And haha, I only go to Johor so far, for cheap petrol. I'm one of those "quicky-pump-and-get-the-hell-out" kinda guys Haha..

The speed of the bike is pretty alright. Some members can get 110-115km/h and maybe even 120km/h. Depends on a variety of factors, like downslope/no pillion(means less weight) maybe even type of petrol used even.

And don't worry about overhaul, the CBF150's in Singapore are relatively new, max also only 6 years, so shouldn't need to overhaul, unless your bike has crazy mileage like me. (2 rounds of the dial + 37,000km =about 240,000km travelled then needed top overhaul)

If you need to know about how far you can go, this is a video by one of our CBF150 members, on a solo trip, up to Krabi, Thailand (!!):