SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aftermarket Exhaust Transfer - How

YEN96

Hi seniors i need ur help. Im planning to make a deal for leo vince - for road exhaust from this seller. He indicated that cert original is with him. He mentioned that just go to any inspection centre to change the ownership without the presence of the previous owner. So i just want to know what are the legal steps to transfer the exhaust ownership. Its not that i dun trust him just that i want to knw the proper and right way of transferring ownership of exhaust.

Btw what are the proper documents to bring beside the cert. Must i bring along my electronic printed log card from one motoring? Insurance? Etc Etc.

leo vince rite?

1) go to gmax with HIS complete pipe documents to transfer ownership.

2) G max will issue an invoice of transfer (don't lose it)

3) bring along all documents to LTA (i mean all esp invoice)

4) LTA will process from there.

P.S. invoice is a proof that your pipe is not stolen thus you need HIS complete documents for transfer & LTA wants to see your invoice which GMAX will issue to u. Its the same procedure for all pipe

Can't post a new thread? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok let me tell what steps do i have to go thru to pass the legal issues from buying 2nd hand legal pipes.

1 - Get the former owner's cert of approval of the pipe.

2 - Go back to the agent or the authorized dealer for the pipe, in my case, i go back excel cycle for the GPR pipe.

3 - The guys at the pipe shop will prepare the necessary documents and u prepare, in my case, $50 for the documents. If u haven install the pipe, they will install the pipe for u with extra labor cost. but in my case, i have already install the pipes prior to this and excel will just visually see the pipe..

4- Get the documents, sent to any VICOM or STA Inspection centre. Wait 1 hour. Voila. Its certified legal.

These are the steps i did to get my pipe certified legal.

Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

Ride Safe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hey seniors, i would like to knw better bout the transfer of ownership.im selling my pipe to a stranger soo cn i knw what else do the stranger need to do?and hw to transfer the ownership?do i need to be there for the transfer of ownership?do he need to pay for the transfer?

hope to get a reply from u peepz!

thanks..

• 4 months later...

Hi all i wanna know,i am the sub rider of the bike(cousin is owner),however i am riding the bike always. can i buy the pipe or does my cousin need to buy for me as he is è owner? Inputs are greatly appreciated! And thanks in advance..!lastly a happy national day to all..!

http://robeastblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/jabbawockeez_red.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Originally Posted by wacko

ok let me tell what steps do i have to go thru to pass the legal issues from buying 2nd hand legal pipes.

2 - Go back to the agent or the authorized dealer for the pipe, in my case, i go back excel cycle for the GPR pipe.

3 - The guys at the pipe shop will prepare the necessary documents and u prepare, in my case, $50 for the documents. If u haven install the pipe, they will install the pipe for u with extra labor cost. but in my case, i have already install the pipes prior to this and excel will just visually see the pipe..

4- Get the documents, sent to any VICOM or STA Inspection centre. Wait 1 hour. Voila. Its certified legal.

for point 4. means i have to bring the bike down with the documents? how much does that cost?

memento mori

NSR150SP

RVF400

CBR600F4i

CBR600RR

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/ristorap/smilieRR.gif

Originally Posted by wacko

for point 4. means i have to bring the bike down with the documents? how much does that cost?

memento mori

NSR150SP

RVF400

CBR600F4i

CBR600RR

yes bike with documents. i think is $70+. cannot confirm.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

price differs from each distributor/brand.

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

if you fail your pipe inspection, means your money flushed down the drain? if you go back after repacking the pipe ( im using a yoshi street legal model) but previous owner cut away some packing), need to pay to inspect again?

memento mori

NSR150SP

RVF400

CBR600F4i

CBR600RR

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone knows if i import those street legal exhaust pipe from ebay(cheaper). Am I able to go for the pipe inspection to get the LTA approved cert.? Any idea.? :dozed:

nope, u cant..

because for LTA approved PIPE, there will be a serial number which will be register to the CERT.

for PIPE u get from overseas, that does not come with the serial TAG, and if caught it is consider street illegal even it is a model that is approved by LTA

21 dec 2009 - Class 2b

21 feb 2010 - NSR 150SP FT7058L (SOLD on 23rd dec 2010)

08 oct 2010 - Class 3

12 Jan 2011 - Gsxr 400RR FM9135X (SOLD on 5th Mar 2011)

27 Jan 2011 - Class 2a

16 mar 2011 - X1-R FBE1069X (SOLD on 30th Sept 2013)

07 June 2013 - Class 2

05 Oct 2013 - Gsxr600 k8

1377324_10151734614953002_668866713_n.jpg

nope, u cant..

because for LTA approved PIPE, there will be a serial number which will be register to the CERT.

for PIPE u get from overseas, that does not come with the serial TAG, and if caught it is consider street illegal even it is a model that is approved by LTA

serial tag? there's no serial tag FYI.

there is only a homologation number which is registered with LTA database. for brands which have a local distributor, LTA needs to see that it is purchased locally before giving you the golden chop of approval.

UNLESS the brand is not available locally, then you can proceed to LTA for inspection and approval. but it's not easy. alot of paperworks are required..

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

if you fail your pipe inspection, means your money flushed down the drain? if you go back after repacking the pipe ( im using a yoshi street legal model) but previous owner cut away some packing), need to pay to inspect again?

correct me if am wrong,but 2th time will be $30+?

Just wondering if anyone knows if i import those street legal exhaust pipe from ebay(cheaper). Am I able to go for the pipe inspection to get the LTA approved cert.? Any idea.? :dozed:

like what archer said,u still need the golden chop.But of cause there are ppl using fake cert,just that the pipe is bought from oversea,look exactly the same but fake/copy cert.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2353/85571635.png

like what archer said,u still need the golden chop.But of cause there are ppl using fake cert,just that the pipe is bought from oversea,look exactly the same but fake/copy cert.

not fake cert la.. just certs which are not issued by local dealers.. but still street legal if you know how to go around the loopholes..

i have heard of owners of a certain brand which have a strong following among females[ :angel: ], going back to the dealer to declare lost certs for their 'ebay' exhausts..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I just bought this bike from another guy. He bought the bike from a shop a year ago. It comes pre-installed with a street legal pipe.

Now the issue is the guy doesn't know where his cert is. He said the bike shop kept it (since he was on installment), shop said he had it as they gave it to him ... so yeah, I'm not sure if I can get the cert from him.

I need a cert with my name on it to be sure that I am legal on the road ... Just wondering what option is available for me? It seems that from the previous posts, I only need the IC of the previous owner, log card and my IC and then go to the exhaust distributor and ask for a transfer & issuance of a new cert?

• 3 months later...

I have one big problem...recently just bought LV Scoot from a seller...he dun have the cert and all the documents needed...i just got the header and the endcan itself...according to the seller, when he bought the pipe from his previous owner, the same thing he got as me...no cert as the seller said to me the 1st owner lost the cert...but the thing is he lost contact with the 1st owner...so now the question is, what steps should i do in order to get myself the cert?anyone??

I have one big problem...recently just bought LV Scoot from a seller...he dun have the cert and all the documents needed...i just got the header and the endcan itself...according to the seller, when he bought the pipe from his previous owner, the same thing he got as me...no cert as the seller said to me the 1st owner lost the cert...but the thing is he lost contact with the 1st owner...so now the question is, what steps should i do in order to get myself the cert?anyone??

go to g-max. pay for a new cert and inspection @ inspection center.

but the thing is the shop owner says its illegal to use without the cert and the shop owner cannot do anything...in other words he's not helping... :( how??

G-max is your only hope. if not, you can approach the manufacturer Leo-Vince by dropping them an email..

However, do this only at the last resort.

Do i still need to send my bike for inspection even though my end can have the relevant certs?

obviously yes.