SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SUZUKI GSR 400/600

hachi

Hi guys,

A gsr owner here...

jus need some advice as i need to change my chain & sporkets..

where??price??brand??

thank you..

There are so many brands in the market. You will need to narrow down what you need. Anyway we can only give an estimate pricing. Shops are the best to ask coz we dun change sprockets and chain every day, so will not know the varies prices for the different brands/make/quality.

Go back to your trusted mech. I'm sure they will be able to give you a good price.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

There are so many brands in the market. You will need to narrow down what you need. Anyway we can only give an estimate pricing. Shops are the best to ask coz we dun change sprockets and chain every day, so will not know the varies prices for the different brands/make/quality.

Go back to your trusted mech. I'm sure they will be able to give you a good price.

Thanks razi..

actually its my first time changing as i just bought the bike..

is $200 too expensive?? hkl quote me full set..

Thanks razi..

actually its my first time changing as i just bought the bike..

is $200 too expensive?? hkl quote me full set..

$200 sounds reasonable. Get the brand and model and check other shops as well. Need to do homewerk.

I know AFAM or Vortex sprockets + chain cannot get at $200 hahah

Maybe others may wanna advice.

So your bike 2nd hand? If the sprockets and chain are OK, then no need to change. Juz need regular chain maintenance.

* Suzuki GSR750

$200 sounds reasonable. Get the brand and model and check other shops as well. Need to do homewerk.

I know AFAM or Vortex sprockets + chain cannot get at $200 hahah

Maybe others may wanna advice.

So your bike 2nd hand? If the sprockets and chain are OK, then no need to change. Juz need regular chain maintenance.

ok..

thanks for the advise..

A very bad habit bought over from Class 2B. Please drop this bad habit. Any bike if given tender and loving care will start perfectly hehehe. It should start as nature intends to. Not by force.

If you open throttle in a carb bike, won't that cause the engine to be flooded? Ya I guess yours is a GSR Carb Limited Special Edition, or you have not gotten a GSR yet. Anyway its alright if you have not, we won't humiliate you or something. Its a learning experience.

There is the fast idiling in FI bikes to handle such cold start. Correct me if I am in the wrong.

Thats true, even my bike's rpm is only at 1, and i can start it with no probz...

The next tym u start ur bike, take a lk at ur rpm, eg. if ur bike's rpm is at 1 when idiling, like mine, after u start it wil auto go up to ard 1.3-1.4, before slowly going back dwn to 1, once the bike is stable, voala! fast idiling.

BURN RUBBER, NOT YOUR SOUL:thumb:

2004-2006: NSR SP 150

2006-2008: CB 400 VTEC 3

2008-PRESENT: GSR 400

Shanjay, that is actually a auto choke feature that comes with the bike, most Fuel Injected bikes or cars i know has this, so starting is easier, and no need to twist throttle....

Besides if u cannot start ur bike, that means something went wrong somewhere.... dun try to start liaoz..

Who what where when?

ok guys... guess i really have to make up my mind now... after change the spark plug yesterday.. when i reach home and off engine.. for bout 5 min... then i try to start again then the prob come but after 3 times it start... so i guess today i will make a trip to HKL again... and get my bike a whole check up i guess.. if the cost is too high then i will really have to change my bike! (anyone wanna be my guarantor??) haha...

but sumthing when amiss i guess.. after the change i feel the bike engine get louder... you guy hav this prob?? sound like the air filter had open up... u know wat i mean rite? but i open the bike and see the filter is there... but the sound is very loud now... sound like won won won.... at the right hand side there.... i think is the VALVE???? if like this then i guess getting another bike is possible already as i dun wish to fix the bike cos it cant make to my expectation of my riding style...:cry:

haiz.... later will report here after the check and will i still be the stealth rider or not...

Hey bro, mayb could be that ur coil fried, i had the same prob too, mine was a manufacture defect of the coil, so gt it changed for free, it has the same symptoms that u described... but, ten again, i cud be wrong, beta to get ur bike a full check up...

Wah, dun like change, too rich sia....

But i wonder why sometimes got little problem, then change bike, next bike got problme also then change another bike???

Think b4 u do anything la bros.... sorry if i offend anyone...

But after riding my GSR for 2 years plus, i somehow dun have much probs yet...

Must maintain ur bike often, if ur riding style is like sport bike, i dun see why the GSR cannot perform, some have gone to track with it liaoz...

My views are, it is not the bike, it is the rider........ somehow, the bike is has already hit my expectations...

Who what where when?

Shanjay, that is actually a auto choke feature that comes with the bike, most Fuel Injected bikes or cars i know has this, so starting is easier, and no need to twist throttle....

Besides if u cannot start ur bike, that means something went wrong somewhere.... dun try to start liaoz..

hmmm, no i dun hv probz starting my bike, im jus explaing regarding the fact that u shud not throttle wen u start the bike.:angel:

Thats true, even my bike's rpm is only at 1, and i can start it with no probz...

The next tym u start ur bike, take a lk at ur rpm, eg. if ur bike's rpm is at 1 when idiling, like mine, after u start it wil auto go up to ard 1.3-1.4, before slowly going back dwn to 1, once the bike is stable, voala! fast idiling.

I ever saw the Super4 Revo will rpm till around 2.5rpm when start for like 3 mins.. then it will go back around 1.5 rpm (the exact rpm not sure, but theory like that)

but for my GSR, i never see it start like that lei.. hmm.. always 1.1 to 1.2rpm when start the engine..

http://koenigsegg.hotcars4.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stig1.gif

Class2,2A,2&3. Demerit 12 Pts.

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

so finally my bike future has been made.... feel very hard to let go... but it seem like the prob lies in the engine it self... the mech say it was the timing chain and the crobe cannot syn the timing... so wanna operate it... but i decide not to do it as i decide to change already today! and thanks for all the GSR who really care bout this.. but now i already sell off my ride... 2moro going to the shop with the bike and kiss good bye...:cry:

Can no longer be the stealth rider anymore... haiz... but outing stil can d... if u all dun mind i too slow... with my new rider...

wat is that? TBA dun worry will update every1... sad to leave this community... but wat to do... i dun like the bike to be open up and let them try... haiz...

:cheers:

Live to ride, born to sex.... :cheeky:

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2000 dec - 2002 jan - yamaha 125Z

2002 jan - 2005 sept - yamaha TZM

2005 sept - 2007 nov - Yamaha LC135

2007 nov -2009 june- GSR k7

2009 june - R6 08

so finally my bike future has been made.... feel very hard to let go... but it seem like the prob lies in the engine it self... the mech say it was the timing chain and the crobe cannot syn the timing... so wanna operate it... but i decide not to do it as i decide to change already today! and thanks for all the GSR who really care bout this.. but now i already sell off my ride... 2moro going to the shop with the bike and kiss good bye...:cry:

Can no longer be the stealth rider anymore... haiz... but outing stil can d... if u all dun mind i too slow... with my new rider...

wat is that? TBA dun worry will update every1... sad to leave this community... but wat to do... i dun like the bike to be open up and let them try... haiz...

so what bike did you get? spark 135?
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg

I hear a B-King in the background hahahhah

* Suzuki GSR750

I ever saw the Super4 Revo will rpm till around 2.5rpm when start for like 3 mins.. then it will go back around 1.5 rpm (the exact rpm not sure, but theory like that)

but for my GSR, i never see it start like that lei.. hmm.. always 1.1 to 1.2rpm when start the engine..

For my GSR is oni abt 15sec or less...

Guest motofreak

Not to worry about the ride lah bro. Some of the old guys also changed bike but still join the outings. Some DUN EVEN HAVE THE BIKE in the first place but still join. It does not matter lah. We are a fun loving multi racial multi biking community thats anti Suhaimi's .. hahahahaha. That is all. :thumb:

So how how how? B-Knights? OR the new CB1000?

Does anyone know the latest OTR price for 2009 GSR 400?

there is a guy got it at $16,500 last month for brand new GSR 400. The buyer told me himself..

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

bro, why not u get a second opinion?? everything seems too dramastic.. yesterday got problem, today u wanna sell??

the bike always give u problem?? always go for other mech if this 1 not good enuff... jus like u see doctor, this doctor cannot cure, see other..

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

there is a guy got it at $16,500 last month for brand new GSR 400. The buyer told me himself..

Is it in the following colours?

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/gsr400/images/sty_ypa.jpghttp://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/gsr400/images/sty_yay.jpghttp://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/gsr400/images/sty_gul.jpg

If not, the there is a very high chance that it is a K8 model....stores clearing stocks hahaha.

bro, why not u get a second opinion?? everything seems too dramastic.. yesterday got problem, today u wanna sell??

the bike always give u problem?? always go for other mech if this 1 not good enuff... jus like u see doctor, this doctor cannot cure, see other..

Juz let it go...maybe not fated to be with the bike.

* Suzuki GSR750

Guest motofreak

Bro.... Shhhhhhh....:nono:

The man has long decided for an upgrade. He's just waiting for the sign.

:D:D:D