SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SUZUKI GSR 400/600

hachi

So Kenshin... confirm it's you, porridge and myself going Kulai tmr.

Glad that you have resolved ur bike problem. :D FYI, Ah Keong at HKL is quite a trustworthy mech and I always go there to service my bike by him. Most of my friends also go there. In fact, I have seen quite a number of GSRs over there for servicing too. So I do not think they are "inexperience" with GSR. As for RaceWerks, so people say they have the technical handbook for servicing the GSR, so some GSReans prefer to go there. As u mix with more biker community.. you will start to hear more talks about which shops are black listed and which shops are trustworthy...

Porridge, can you pm me ur hp no... I dun think I have ur no. in my hp. We meet at Jurong Birdpark at 8.30pm before setting off to GP petronas to meet with Kenshin.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p141/chrischan76/CyrixRacingTeam2.jpg

WTF??!! knn out of all of them i think i bike is the original! :clap: anyway i do met those which they mention that ex gsrean... in the 1st convoy they told me they are ex gsrean... and now 1 ride R6 and another one ride gixxer 750... if not wrong then is them lor...:confused:

Hahhaha little by little it will change its form heheheh. Enjoy the ride, nothing else matters.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

if the adjustment can be done by hand and not needed any special instrument, especially mechanical, then i will do it. Adjust clutch cable slack, tension chain, top up brake fluid, top up coolant, change light bulb, change air filter, change engine oil & filter, change spark plugs, clutch cable, change brake pad, adjust idle, adjust throttle slack, etc all can be done by ownself.... if u wan.

ishk...no need to be so detail la.. hahaha... u dont want the same thing happen in hardwarezone repeating in here right???

ok guys mayb i already going to left my GSR but... i learn sumthing bout the bike! cos yesterday i see how they open my bike and check this check that... servicing.... and so on lar.. but honestly... i such a pain to do it urself... and btw after all the checking and servicing... ah keong i ask him how much he would charge me.. since the prob stil there! he like psps then say nvm la... no need charge...:angel:

its not a pain...to ride the bike, u must know bout the bike...when u know technical stuffs bout the bike, u wont kena cheated or chopped by the bike shops...

Then you know, still you take. haiz...dunno la...its not a practical bike for me. Rather go for something that is more economical like the Yamaha TDM or something in that line. hehehe

I think they may have tweak your bike wrongly then paiseh say no need to charge hahaha.

well, R6 is actually design for track purposes...if the person is not the track type, its really not practical for them....... categories like Yamaha TDM type not bad...

wat to do... they bike juz giv me a groove which tell me there is more... more and more!!!!:lovestruck: so boh bian lo... mayb i will look for a small bike soon.. as my working tools... then R6 for gathering with u guys lor.. if u dun mind...

R6??? ok la...but 100 deg celcius, is actually normal for all fairing bikes...some can even go up to 140deg...but dont worry, r6 wont go to that extend..the most is near 110deg...

during my R1 days, those who rode R1 change to R6, the riders dont called it called downgrading...they called it, upgrading......

well R6 is a fun bike... no doubt abt it.. but do make sure that the piston rings are not worn out...errr, u do know how to check rite???...;)

In the RIDERS' veins there are drops of DIONYSIAN Madness,

Which are beautiful because they give the Heroes of Motorcycling the POWER to live life fully!

Ride among Riders, Race among Racers

T.R.I.B.A.L!

To Race In Battle And Life!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/group.php?groupid=24

ishk...no need to be so detail la.. hahaha... u dont want the same thing happen in hardwarezone repeating in here right???

its not a pain...to ride the bike, u must know bout the bike...when u know technical stuffs bout the bike, u wont kena cheated or chopped by the bike shops...

well, R6 is actually design for track purposes...if the person is not the track type, its really not practical for them....... categories like Yamaha TDM type not bad...

R6??? ok la...but 100 deg celcius, is actually normal for all fairing bikes...some can even go up to 140deg...but dont worry, r6 wont go to that extend..the most is near 110deg...

during my R1 days, those who rode R1 change to R6, the riders dont called it called downgrading...they called it, upgrading......

well R6 is a fun bike... no doubt abt it.. but do make sure that the piston rings are not worn out...errr, u do know how to check rite???...;)

regarding the piston ring... i dunno how to check for sure as i cant see... but i start a few R6 there.. ther is my and another is blue which other book... and seem like the sound is same ler.. so i assume is ok lor.. i hope... anyway i already taking it... until then i will stil get small bike for work.. as wat u all say is not pratical to use for normal road.. actually i buy the bike is for highway travelling as i wan to go melaka.. kl.. and my home town... near penang sial... haiz.. if naked on highway alone... then i become naked sial... with all the wind...

:cheers:

Live to ride, born to sex.... :cheeky:

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2000 dec - 2002 jan - yamaha 125Z

2002 jan - 2005 sept - yamaha TZM

2005 sept - 2007 nov - Yamaha LC135

2007 nov -2009 june- GSR k7

2009 june - R6 08

So Kenshin... confirm it's you, porridge and myself going Kulai tmr.

Glad that you have resolved ur bike problem. :D FYI, Ah Keong at HKL is quite a trustworthy mech and I always go there to service my bike by him. Most of my friends also go there. In fact, I have seen quite a number of GSRs over there for servicing too. So I do not think they are "inexperience" with GSR. As for RaceWerks, so people say they have the technical handbook for servicing the GSR, so some GSReans prefer to go there. As u mix with more biker community.. you will start to hear more talks about which shops are black listed and which shops are trustworthy...

Porridge, can you pm me ur hp no... I dun think I have ur no. in my hp. We meet at Jurong Birdpark at 8.30pm before setting off to GP petronas to meet with Kenshin.

ya he kind of ok lar.. if compare to other shop that i go... and he always giv the best price lor.. althought he got earn lar.. if not y do biz rite? anyway after getting new bike also i will go there let them service as i blive their skill also.. bcos i change tire there and they nvr scratch my rims and take care very well also... so i guess is juz look... mayb their name bad is bcos of the other boss in DYNO HKL? u know who i mean rite? anyway i go the HKL at the end opposite the sticker shop lo... try to go and try i blive they will giv sumthing u cant imagine. :lol:

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2009 june - R6 08

regarding the piston ring... i dunno how to check for sure as i cant see... but i start a few R6 there.. ther is my and another is blue which other book... and seem like the sound is same ler.. so i assume is ok lor.. i hope... anyway i already taking it... until then i will stil get small bike for work.. as wat u all say is not pratical to use for normal road.. actually i buy the bike is for highway travelling as i wan to go melaka.. kl.. and my home town... near penang sial... haiz.. if naked on highway alone... then i become naked sial... with all the wind...

checking piston rings, no need to see...by doing a simple test, can know if the piston rings are worn out or not....

i didnt say its not practical to use for normal road hor!!! but if not going to track with the R6, it is being under utilised...

but u buy the bike to go highway travelling to melaka, KL or ur hometown??? i think u should have gotten a higher CC bike...

using R6 for highway???

people change from 1000cc to lower cc, is becoz they no more going highway/NSHW or no more frequent trip outside SG.. so its under utilising a 1000cc if just riding ard SG..

with fairing or without fairing, i doubt so u will exceed 200..so makes no difference.....even if u exceed the 200 mark, u wont be riding above 200km/hr all the way ma...

well, its ur bike, ur money...u can buy anything...wat i mentions are just my 2cents advice/thoughts/experiences for sharing....

by then, maybe we can go PG together ah!!!...if wanna go, we can meet u at bukit indah before going PG...

Edited by Dzal

Which are beautiful because they give the Heroes of Motorcycling the POWER to live life fully!

T.R.I.B.A.L!

ya he kind of ok lar.. if compare to other shop that i go... and he always giv the best price lor.. althought he got earn lar.. if not y do biz rite? anyway after getting new bike also i will go there let them service as i blive their skill also.. bcos i change tire there and they nvr scratch my rims and take care very well also... so i guess is juz look... mayb their name bad is bcos of the other boss in DYNO HKL? u know who i mean rite? anyway i go the HKL at the end opposite the sticker shop lo... try to go and try i blive they will giv sumthing u cant imagine. :lol:

all 3 shop same boss la.......

They did scratch my rear rim before, and i demand a change.. and Ah Keong is fair enough to change the rim...

I joke with Ah Keong before, "u guys scratch my rim, i dont want a new rim, i want a new bike..." hahaha...and he got shock and called me crazy...

well, what are jokes for rite!!! no joke, no fun. no money, no makan. no school, become setan....:bouncefire:

T.R.I.B.A.L!

hi kenshin, do come to GSR thread here talk **** sing song after u change ur bike.. lolx..

well, at least now I know HKL is not as bad as I intially think..

http://koenigsegg.hotcars4.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stig1.gif

Class2,2A,2&3. Demerit 12 Pts.

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

checking piston rings, no need to see...by doing a simple test, can know if the piston rings a worn out or not....

i didnt say its not practical to use for normal road hor!!! but if not going to track with the R6, it is being under utilised...

but u buy the bike to go highway travelling to melaka, KL or ur hometown??? i think u should have gotten a higher CC bike...

using R6 for highway???

people change from 1000cc to lower cc, is becoz they no more going highway/NSHW or no more frequent trip outside SG.. so its under utilising a 1000cc if just riding ard SG..

with fairing or without fairing, i doubt so u will exceed 200..so makes no difference.....even if u exceed the 200 mark, u wont be riding above 200km/hr all the way ma...

well, its ur bike, ur money...u can buy anything...wat i mentions are just my 2cents advice/thoughts/experiences for sharing....

by then, maybe we can go PG together ah!!!...if wanna go, we can meet u at bukit indah before going PG...

eh... u were talking doing simple test? how? and without mech?? for the trip to pg is always ok if plan 1st... as for ur comment to be on the bike 200kmh. whole journey? eh.. i try with my car from kl to jb 200 follow the accord car... then b4 this i was on my TZM msia bike lo.. i travel from pg there until jb at the speed 170kmh.. as the bike is sumthing wrong i guess.. haiz

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2009 june - R6 08

They did scratch my rear rim before, and i demand a change.. and Ah Keong is fair enough to change the rim...

I joke with Ah Keong before, "u guys scratch my rim, i dont want a new rim, i want a new bike..." hahaha...and he got shock and called me crazy...

well, what are jokes for rite!!! no joke, no fun. no money, no makan. no school, become setan....:bouncefire:

wow, they change the a new RIM for u.. unbelievable.. the scratch very bad?

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

wow, they change the a new RIM for u.. unbelievable.. the scratch very bad?

oh, u dont want to know how bad man...i almost cry and go crazy looking at it..

T.R.I.B.A.L!

eh... u were talking doing simple test? how? and without mech?? for the trip to pg is always ok if plan 1st... as for ur comment to be on the bike 200kmh. whole journey? eh.. i try with my car from kl to jb 200 follow the accord car... then b4 this i was on my TZM msia bike lo.. i travel from pg there until jb at the speed 170kmh.. as the bike is sumthing wrong i guess.. haiz

yup...a simple test without the mech....eh, bike is different, car is different...cannot compare car to bike!!!

T.R.I.B.A.L!

yes 3shop eh.. actually 4 shop ler.. anyway is depend who incharge in which ma.. i knw the boss is who and own of them but as in biz u should understand 1 thing that is mean this branch is manage by who.. the 1 i go is by ah keong lo.. so i like to go there.. yeah i agree he is a fair and square guy which will responsible for the thing he done... actually he do advice me not to change the bike instead let them check and fix:lol: is not that he wanna earn from me but i guess he worry i wont go back there after change bike as they cant repair my bike :lol:

but i told him not to worry la even i change bike i will stil come there and service d la.. then he smile:lol:

:btw: anyone interest in getting my spare oil filter??? original part buy it at $18.

and a pair of my handle stainless steel slider bar.. i think.. haha is motovation

both item @$50 pm me if interest..

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2009 june - R6 08

yup...a simple test without the mech....eh, bike is different, car is different...cannot compare car to bike!!!

a simple test? how ler.. i test when i get the bike later! on the spot in the shop! so if got prob i ask them fix it on the spot as well!!! yes cant compare with car.. but imagine that TZM can travel @ 170kmh all the way and y not a 600?

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2009 june - R6 08

faster say ler.. i going there afternoon ler.. i wanna test the bike b4 i take! or else it will cost me a bomb again sial!

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2009 june - R6 08

a simple test? how ler.. i test when i get the bike later! on the spot in the shop! so if got prob i ask them fix it on the spot as well!!! yes cant compare with car.. but imagine that TZM can travel @ 170kmh all the way and y not a 600?

PG to JB short distance....we are talking at 374km distance...

T.R.I.B.A.L!

yes 3shop eh.. actually 4 shop ler.. anyway is depend who incharge in which ma.. i knw the boss is who and own of them but as in biz u should understand 1 thing that is mean this branch is manage by who.. the 1 i go is by ah keong lo.. so i like to go there.. yeah i agree he is a fair and square guy which will responsible for the thing he done... actually he do advice me not to change the bike instead let them check and fix:lol: is not that he wanna earn from me but i guess he worry i wont go back there after change bike as they cant repair my bike :lol:

but i told him not to worry la even i change bike i will stil come there and service d la.. then he smile:lol:

:btw: anyone interest in getting my spare oil filter??? original part buy it at $18.

and a pair of my handle stainless steel slider bar.. i think.. haha is motovation

both item @$50 pm me if interest..

ah, if u are talking abt managing...Ah Keong is the Chief mech for that shop and Ah Shiong is the chief mech for Dyno shop..

T.R.I.B.A.L!

PG to JB short distance....we are talking at 374km distance...

eh ur pg= pasir gudang?? my pg is penang sial:offtopic:

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2009 june - R6 08

Actually i dun find R6 useful on highways...tat bike is made to carve the living hell out of corners, not straights!!! From what i've read somwher on the web, sportsbikes are not very stable on straights, no doubt can go fast but can't mantain it for long due to its geometry...which causes it more prone to tankslaps...

kenshin, im not downsiding you but you shudve chosen a sportstourer if u plan to do highway travels...more stable at speeds on straights, but still agile enuff to play twisties...juz a thought...

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/Biomodified/biomodified.jpg

In Loving Memory: Muhammad Borhan Bin Jamal

A Cousin, A Friend, My Biking Mentor

TZM meter different bah.. SP also can go 180kmh.. I ride 140kmh constantly on my way to KL, but bike seems around 100to110kmh in GSR.. lolx..

R6 sure can travel that speed, i know a guy also upgrading from R1 to R6 for track.. He told me Malaysia checkpoint to Sepang in about 1 hr 30 mins.. I really dunno how fast he go on NSH

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

The TZM 170km/h based on its speedo? Then confirm got speedo error.

* Suzuki GSR750

The TZM 170km/h based on its speedo? Then confirm got error.

smaller bikes speedo have a bigger error ratio...once i was riding with a fren riding kr...his speedo is 120km/h and mine was between 107 to 109km/h..and we were side by side all the way...

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/Biomodified/biomodified.jpg

In Loving Memory: Muhammad Borhan Bin Jamal

A Cousin, A Friend, My Biking Mentor

== guess u all get the wrong meaning already ler... ok wat i mean is if a 150cc bike can travel @ 170kmh.. on is on engine mean it can take it... understand ma?? dun compare the speedo meter ler... and i agreee tour bike is better then R6... as for long distance i not always go for that la.. only feel like going once in a while as i dun feel like driving there as too boring on car... haha... tackle corner then yes! but track nop! anyway thanks for all the concern guys! appriciate!

DZAL!~ how to test ler?? u haven go back to me ler...

1998-1999 - honda c70

1999-2000 - suzuki fx110

2009 june - R6 08

== guess u all get the wrong meaning already ler... ok wat i mean is if a 150cc bike can travel @ 170kmh.. on is on engine mean it can take it... understand ma?? dun compare the speedo meter ler... and i agreee tour bike is better then R6... as for long distance i not always go for that la.. only feel like going once in a while as i dun feel like driving there as too boring on car... haha... tackle corner then yes! but track nop! anyway thanks for all the concern guys! appriciate!

Yups can hit that mark, but almost near or in the RED zone. Bad for engine. That is y wanna go fast get a bike that can do it.

Once again TLC comes in heheheh

Edited by IvikaRazI

* Suzuki GSR750

no problem one lah, got 1 with R1 tour the whole Borneo Island, from Kuching, Sarawak all the way to KK, Sabah.. the road there worse than NSH, and I think he pillion his girl friend somemore.. Thumb up for him.. :)

R6 from JB to KL, why not? may be Dzal means too much touring like that, not good for body.. haha.. later back pain.. no urge to do what man suppose to do.. lolx..

even KL chupkia also can go Mynmar!!!

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST