SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009 / 2010

Vesphan

haha *hides from sharpey*

ok then let's say i get a late A-plate sprint/super.. how much would that cost me?

i heard they go for like ~4k?

btw belinda yahhhhhhhhhh i get the same feeling when i see old uncles riding A-plate sprints/supers. and most of them are the first and only owner of the bike. *drools* but then they probably won't wanna sell their bikes.

AJ Scooters of Singapore

www.ajscooters.com

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildswans

• -ResiDue-

• Sharpey

• machine k

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My gosh.. i am so behind. u guys really making the thread super active sia. hahah tts good. yesterday went in but read halfway sleep infront of comp. next thing when i woke up, its 11 in the morning and got cramps all over my body..haha. well anyways,

rae>> where do u get the paints for ur masterpiece? ur laquer is 2k rite? u paint it urself or u send shop to do it for u? btw, whts 2k? haha

wah today not acive onli. u guys went out uh. damn i am stucked at home doin nutting. hahaha!!

and yah add me up in msn okeh.

[email protected]

ciao~

-=fire gives life but to also take them away=-

Originally posted by itsonfire@January 21, 2007 04:15 pm

rae>> where do u get the paints for ur masterpiece? ur laquer is 2k rite? u paint it urself or u send shop to do it for u? btw, whts 2k? haha

yeah..i used 2k lacquer on bike. i didn't send to shop. 2K's urethane paint. called 2k cos there's basically 2 parts to the paint, hardener + the paint. paint's very glossy and gives better protection as compared to normal paint.

btw..i had my pipe 'opened'/'tong' and had this brass insert welded on. (donno y it's referred to as copper pipe) i'm on stock..no alloy.

yea wad r e differences between a champion n ngk spark plug?

my px150 uses champion. its $2. i duno e model cos its nt written i tink haha...

n isit compulsory to warm ur engine for a while b4 riding, especialy after a few days of nt using e bike?

sumtimes i juz kickstart n go. m i doin sumting wrong here?

n, wads the last-rev-b4-switching-the-engine-off for? isit good?

rae, i saw u jz nw in front of tamp police hq at ard 3pm. was at e cofeeshop. hw much u made those dreadlocks? hehe. n wich shop?

diffs between NGK and Champion are all in the head... they're the same... Only differnce is in the way they number their plugs... Try reading up about sparkplug heat ranges... you may decide you want to change according to the type of riding you do most often... cold plugs are best suited to long stretches of high speed riding, whilst hot plugs perform better around town when engine doesn't heat up so much...

You shouldn't be warming up your scoot before riding... leaving the scooter at idle for long periods of time is a bad idea as oil won't be lubricating your gears (only does so when you're moving...)... Just take it easy for the first 5-10mins of riding....

Rev before switching off if it makes you feel good... otherwise there's no point.

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

Originally posted by Chung7x@January 21, 2007 04:01 pm

haha *hides from sharpey*

ok then let's say i get a late A-plate sprint/super.. how much would that cost me?

i heard they go for like ~4k?

btw belinda yahhhhhhhhhh i get the same feeling when i see old uncles riding A-plate sprints/supers. and most of them are the first and only owner of the bike. *drools* but then they probably won't wanna sell their bikes.

i think it's more of 3k actually for late A plate vespas. i know toby (the white guy with the chinese gf at friday's combined meeting) got his AY plate vespa from ah joo for 3k. if you are lucky enough to come across a desperate sale, you might be able to get a A plate vespa for about 2.5k or so but the problem with such desperate sales is that more often than not, you need to pay up in full upfront and of cos, you never know if there are problems with the engine and wirings till you get it checked. as for those ah pek A plate vespas, go ahead and try your luck with them if you really fancy their bike/plate. you never know, you might get lucky and get a really good deal. and besides, there are few things money can't buy :cheeky:

wats all the fuss abt A plate. wat matters is wats written on the log card. Dont be surprise that some of the real classics running on FBA plate. and making it look exactly like a sprint/super/gs is possible with a deep pocket. and the px engine can be disguised to be a classic engine. need to change the kick start and the quardrant. Well its up to personal preference how u like to dress ur vespa up. its reflects ur personality. freedom of creativity like wat rae has done to his bike. no need to follow wat the masses are doin. stand out and be seen.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12430/Signature%20copy.jpg

NTU Vespa Club

Originally posted by azahoneystar@January 21, 2007 07:35 pm

rae, i saw u jz nw in front of tamp police hq at ard 3pm. was at e cofeeshop. hw much u made those dreadlocks? hehe. n wich shop?

yall man... i did my dreads at thailand. cost varies depending on ur bargaining ability...but under 50 for good gauge. u can try far east's 'it's hairy' but it's not gonna come cheap. one guy told me he quoted 800 for whole head and takes 4-6 hrs to do.

on contrary to the high price stated. i do believe it's possible to find A plates for under 2k. cos i believe vespa's price is ridiculously marked up. of course..it takes patience. juz my 2 cents worth. :cheeky:

i've heard the myth about last-rev-b4-switching-the-engine-off!

haha from what i think i remember about the rev, it's supposedly to charge the battery one last time before switchin off, so that easier to e-start or rather, 'retain' the charge in the batt...

sounds bull to me, and if i'm not wrong, this myth started with cars...

but like what sharpey said, if it makes u feel good, go ahead and rev before you switch it off

is it me or is the forum really slow?

maz > what's a quadrant?

machine > what's the cost of a 2-tone paint job?

friend of mine said that it's possible to get special paints in thailand (up close bike looks black with glitter but from afar it looks silver)

wondering where exactly in thailand to get and how much??

-= Unsure of what to get=-

reddy > just curious about the overhaul....just incase down the road i may need it...at least i would have a rough gauge on the pricing....

so freewheeling is fine.....

i only do it when there's a long stretch to a red light......

ooo..didn't know bout the clutch thing...but i do let the bike idle for a minute or 2 when cold starting.....

so it's not good to let the bike idle too long huh???

hmmmm...

-= Unsure of what to get=-

Chung7X > u looking for Sprint/Super body?, i may haf someone who wants to sell the body only, if ya interested i ask for u. Last time he intends to sell at 3.5k but i can try ask again. Its from an AF plate but not selling the plate. But i tinks its a VBB body coz of its round nose bridge with round body panels.

KOSMIK - wow that's awesome.. but it's also kinda outta my budget. =P i don't really need THAT vintage like a VBB. 3.5 for just the body i think it's a lil steep for me.. would rather get it together with the rest of the bike.

btw just in terms of the body, is there anyway to tell that it's a let's say px modded sprint? even if the work done is excellent.

AJ Scooters of Singapore

www.ajscooters.com

You'll be able to tell by looking at the frame... also by reading the frame's VIN number. Each model of Vespa has a unique number, with diff models having diff prefixes... PX is VSXIT (I think...)

Of course, this can be faked... Check that the VIN on the frame matches that on the Scooter's log card... Also check that the engine number matches... Lots of rip off pieces of turd polished to look like jewels out there...

No offence to anyone who rides a mod to classic here... I know none of you try to pretend what you are riding is anything other than that.

BTW Machine K... I was being honest when I said your new look was a good one... very slick and tasteful.. well done.

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

ehlo guys & gals....

gosh!!! spend the last 30min just browsing thru the pages....

my apologies for leaving so early that nite....guess you guys had fun with the rounding....hope to do some rounding with your guys when i get my scoots!!!!

guess we should do this more often...

Thanks bel for the drive to the main road...stupid cabbies...took another 10-15min b4 i got one....

1995-1996: Yamaha TZR125

1996-1997: Kawasaki KIPS150

1997-present: Vespa Sprint Veloce

2001-2003: Honda CBR400RL

2005-2005: Honda CB400Vtec2

2005-2007: Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

2013-2014: Harley Davidson Nightster

2014-present: Harley Davidson Fatboy

anyway, my msn is [email protected] add me....

Was at TA last sat...didnt see anyone of you...guess you guys are ALL chatting here....was there from 11 to about 3pm....

planescape, i wanna borrow the haynes manual fro you too....

1995-1996: Yamaha TZR125

1996-1997: Kawasaki KIPS150

1997-present: Vespa Sprint Veloce

2001-2003: Honda CBR400RL

2005-2005: Honda CB400Vtec2

2005-2007: Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

2013-2014: Harley Davidson Nightster

2014-present: Harley Davidson Fatboy