SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Coolant & Radiators

eddie23

Coolant Comparisan  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Coolant Comparisan

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

My Ver S recently keep overheating. Main radiator tank no water, have to fill it up almost everyday. But my spare tank is full. Even after i drain it out and leave it half full, after moving for half a day, it will become full again.

Any bro got any clue? Is the spare tank supposed to be full??

Tks

Your return cycle tube is likely clogged with rusty Milo. Tale it out and clear it. As for overheating..thrase may be right.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

I've been reading all the comments from this topic and I would like to clarify something...

Is it not recommended to cleanse with tap water or hosing it when doing a radiator flush?

If not, why is it that I noticed most shops here are doing it in this way to all the bikes and usually no negative response from their customers.

Just a question. ;)

I've been reading all the comments from this topic and I would like to clarify something...

Is it not recommended to cleanse with tap water or hosing it when doing a radiator flush?

If not, why is it that I noticed most shops here are doing it in this way to all the bikes and usually no negative response from their customers.

Just a question. ;)

"

Is it not recommended to cleanse with tap water"..u read somewhere? Its okay to wash out the internal of radiator and hoses with tap water.

Your return cycle tube is likely clogged with rusty Milo. Tale it out and clear it. As for overheating..thrase may be right.

sorry bro? which is the return tube?

i suppose water flows down from radiator and goes into the spare at the top. bottom spare is out and back to radiator, by sucking due to pressure/heat?? is that how it works and flows?

sorry bro? which is the return tube?

i suppose water flows down from radiator and goes into the spare at the top. bottom spare is out and back to radiator, by sucking due to pressure/heat?? is that how it works and flows?

That tube is the exchange between the radiator and the reserve tank. When engine cools down, air pocket in the cooling system (water jacket around engine block) becomes vaccum and it sucks from the reserve tank via that tube.

So to say..if your bike is overheating..there is insufficient coolant in the water jacket and should suck from the tube from the reserve tank..in ur case, no..so the tube is clogged along its path ince the level in the reserve tank never varies.

Hi bros, i would like to ask how come my radiator fan nowadays is on more frequent when im riding. Is it time to change/flush the coolant?

Its not how fast you can reach your destination and its not how you modify your machine but at the end of the day, its HOW you ride the machine!!!!.

• 1 month later...
Hi bros, i would like to ask how come my radiator fan nowadays is on more frequent when im riding. Is it time to change/flush the coolant?

Possibilties : 1) Engine Oil ot enough or out of specification performance. 2) Radiator internally rusty or clogged or coolant not enough or out of specified use. 3) Running too slow or in slow heavy traffics movement.

How to check that the fan is working ? Can we hear it when it is on ?I cannot tell that my fan is on or not for the past 10 years of riding my vtec. Maybe it is not working all along...

Pull out the wire connector from the radiator switch (located on ur left side back of ur radiator). Connect a wire to it and push the connector back to the radiator switch. On ur iginiton (no need start bike)...and touch the other end of the newly conected wire to any ground part of your bike (eg. engine block etc...).

Possibilties : 1) Engine Oil ot enough or out of specification performance. 2) Radiator internally rusty or clogged or coolant not enough or out of specified use. 3) Running too slow or in slow heavy traffics movement.

Thanks Ah Pek. Already change coolant as im not sure when is the last coolant change ever since i took over the bike 6 months. Now ok already. Btw, what do you mean by running too slow or in slow heavy traffics movement? About EO out of specification performance, does that mean that diff spec 3 need to use diff type of EO?

Its not how fast you can reach your destination and its not how you modify your machine but at the end of the day, its HOW you ride the machine!!!!.

Thanks Ah Pek. Already change coolant as im not sure when is the last coolant change ever since i took over the bike 6 months. Now ok already. Btw, what do you mean by running too slow or in slow heavy traffics movement? About EO out of specification performance, does that mean that diff spec 3 need to use diff type of EO?

".. running too slow or in slow heavy traffics movement? " meaning changing gears too soon and riding below 6k rpm most of the time and not making use of the upper rpm range like 10-12k rpm. Heavy traffic as in dog walk pace due to heavy traffic..worst meaning jammed areas.like town side travelling.

"EO out of specification performance, does that mean that diff spec 3 need to use diff type of EO?"..dat's not what I mean but your eo life end comes too soon due to poor quality, wrong grade or recycled eo (which u won't know).

Hi, how do I know whether my head gasket has blown? While riding, white smoke appear at my engine and I can feel hot water on my leg at times.

I think ur case is more of the "Y" joints ball or coolant hose burst or crack liao..its just behing the engine block and above the gearbox centre. Check see if coolant is spilling out from there when the bike gets hot.

When I stopped my bike while riding, there was water coming out from the engine area. I tried checking my coolant at the right side of the bike but the coolant are still full. So is the problem as you mentioned? Thanks!

One of ur hose is split liao..it only oozes out coolant when coolant is hot bekoz its under pressure from heat. It has got nothing to to with ur reserve thank..your engine blosck water jacket is getting dried liao..better send it to a bike shop to have it located and replace.

I am going to Unique but what is the average price to fix it?

I won't know but best u have all the hoses change as a complete set..about say $150?

When I stopped my bike while riding, there was water coming out from the engine area. I tried checking my coolant at the right side of the bike but the coolant are still full. So is the problem as you mentioned? Thanks!

Can u be more specific..what engine area?..which part? "So is the problem as you mentioned?.."...who are u referring to?

I am going to Unique but what is the average price to fix it?

Fix what?..u know the source of the problem? If not..u better know.

ah pek...i've got coolant leaking from my hose .. the part where the coolant comes out from the radiator than through to the hose..

the joint area there... what should i do??

Not clear leh...can u take a handphone pic and show?