SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Coolant & Radiators

eddie23

Coolant Comparisan  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Coolant Comparisan

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220763[/ATTACH]

This part leh...is it ok??

Check the leak carefully and see if its the radiator joint itsef wif the curve part (radiator) or iszit coming just from wjere the coolant hose meets the radiator pipe. If its the coolant hose and the pipe..just tighten loosen the locking clips..push the hose further inwards and retighten the clips philip screw again. If still leak..likely he hose their crack...just replace the hose.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Guys have done what apek said and so far so good...nothing coming out for the mean time... thankz alot guys!!especially apek...

lucky neber go shop just now...if not....owe u 1 apek!!and thankz for the opinions guys!!!

really appreciate it!!wohooo!!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, had my bike serviced at hong leong. The mech topped up tap water in my coolant reservoir.

Will this caused rust? It was too late when i found out what they put inside the reservoir.

Their justification is everywhere is doing tap water for top up, no distilled water available.

Guys, had my bike serviced at hong leong. The mech topped up tap water in my coolant reservoir.

Will this caused rust? It was too late when i found out what they put inside the reservoir.

Their justification is everywhere is doing tap water for top up, no distilled water available.

BETTER have it drain out completely before rusting beings in the radiator. Need help..pm me.

Wahkao.. William, I rode to Cameron and when I reach, my coolant reservoir empty liao! No leak, nothing found. Luckily you gave me spare to go back. I think it's too cold up there la. But coming back, coolant was okay. :)

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

So by adding tap water (mechanic claimed just a little), it will cause rust to the cooling system?

You decide and let us all know..okay?

Wahkao.. William, I rode to Cameron and when I reach, my coolant reservoir empty liao! No leak, nothing found. Luckily you gave me spare to go back. I think it's too cold up there la. But coming back, coolant was okay. :)

You ride HOT when going up..but on way back..you must have been the coolest rider...ha....x3! Its okay lah.

I got a problem with coolant leaking from both side of the engine. It will occasionally spit coolant from the right side at the start of each journey. and it will spit coolant on the left side when i off the engine.

I heard is a common problem of ver S. Can anyone advise me on the solution.

I got a problem with coolant leaking from both side of the engine. It will occasionally spit coolant from the right side at the start of each journey. and it will spit coolant on the left side when i off the engine.

I heard is a common problem of ver S. Can anyone advise me on the solution.

Go check around mototiam what they would advise u to do..probably changing a 2nd block unit with no gaurantees or get a new block. If its too expensive for u and u need a better solution..perhaps u can pm me.

ahpek..my coolant leak again at the coolant hose meets the radiator pipe...where to change the hose?? can i just change 1 piece only?

Yah..sure, why not. Most bike shop will do but if u want can go Ah Fook at AK Ave 3 AMK Industrial PK 2, Blk 5032 #295. If there is any coolant to be added..make sure they dun put tap water.

Edited by SparkerS1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi s4ians, i wish to replace all my current coolant tubing/hose and the thermostat, any recommendation of places to do up that is that reasonable cost?

does it comes in different quality for the hose? i seen b4 those hose in red. is it better compare to stock? what will be the replacement cost like?

Thanks in advance! :D

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

• 1 month later...
Hi s4ians, i wish to replace all my current coolant tubing/hose and the thermostat, any recommendation of places to do up that is that reasonable cost?

does it comes in different quality for the hose? i seen b4 those hose in red. is it better compare to stock? what will be the replacement cost like?

Thanks in advance! :D

colour hose are those silicon hose... not cheap to replace, as i replaced mine... unique is 300plus close to 400, they using samco, mine wasnt samco, but okado....unique also provide to change those hose wif stock hose..if nv rem wrong is 200, ard there... but i encounter one prob after changing my coolent hose... fc increase, before changing was ok... most said bike too old liao so fc increase is common...

WTS givi e16 smile box, with led @$20

interested party , do PM me..

guy newbei here how long we have to change the coolant water? or we just have to top up? which coolant water is gd?

Coolant is recommend to be it replace annually. But on top of that is good to have a habit of checking ur coolant reservior similar of checking ur engine oil inspection window often for low level of coolant or rust, if rust is build in ur coolant system, ur coolant will turn brownish which it will affect the efficency of the cooling system and in fact it will damage some of the cooling parts of well.

I will recommend those coolant which are orignally premixed from factory which doesnt require to mix with water.

Example, MAXIMA CooL-AIDE and Engine Ice.

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

guy newbei here how long we have to change the coolant water? or we just have to top up? which coolant water is gd?

You just have to top up. Not necessary to replace at all as long as the coolant colour stay fresh and DO NOT have tap water premixed with it. I suggest u have a good flush for once and replace with new coolant to be assure no tap water is use as a premix in it as it causes rusting in ur radiator. There are two type of coolant in the market..premixed and concentrated..read the instruction b4 usage.

Right side access panel beside your seat. That's the coolant reservoir, if is below the upper level u can top up to the level.

That bottle alike behind the right access panel? Top up until it reaches in between upper and lower? What's that small container that also shows upper and lower, infront of shock absorber? And how to drain coolant? Thanks

That bottle alike behind the right access panel? Top up until it reaches in between upper and lower? What's that small container that also shows upper and lower, infront of shock absorber? And how to drain coolant? Thanks

Ya, I think best not to top up coolant more than the upper level. I thought left a bit in the bottle, so

Top up almost to the brim. Start bike nothing leh, but after reaching my destination, the floor got a pool of green coolant. I shifted to another parking lot and found out that the coolant is from my bike. Scared the **** out of me. :D