SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Coolant & Radiators

eddie23

Coolant Comparisan  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Coolant Comparisan

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so does engine ice good, but does it affect performance???

Engine Ice is gd :thumb: it is proven to reduce operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F (10 °C),this reduction in operating temperatures allows your engine to maintain maximum horsepower longer :thumb:

Four Wheels Move The Body,Two Wheels Move The Soul

but usually the warmer a Honda engine gets, the more powerful it becomes... (thats the innovation of Honda engine) isnt it ?

but not to the point the engine burns itself and get into a fire hazard la.. hahaha...

~ The Most Dangerous Practice - Tailgating. Accidents can be avoided if drivers Know how to Tailgate ~

:thumb:

whats water wetter...haha haven heard of this brand before

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-47655311586773_2040_21488899

I been using Redline Water Wetter Coolant for sometime, so far ok for me.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/bochuns/motoring8.jpg

岳父对女婿说:娶我女儿快一年了,还未怀媕,éš¾é“佪没看我给佪的XXX片?

女婿说:我有看。。也照ç€åš!

岳父é“:说说看佪怎檷åš?

女婿é“:高潮时就拔出æ¥å°„在她脸上 :D

Engine Icez :thumb::thumb::thumb:

3 thumbs up.

http://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2006/BMW_R1200GS_Adventure_acpz.jpg

1998 WR200 FR****M

2000 Hornet 250 FS****S

2007 Gilera SP FS****T

2007 Honda Super 4 Version S FQ****H

2008 Fazer 600S FZ****U

2009 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird FZ***U

2011 BMW GS 1200 Adventure FBB****H

2013 Gilera VXR 200 FBB****H

Maxima coolant for me. Who needs Glycol in the coolant in our weather?

Those with deep pockets I guess...hahaha....sori not mean to offend anyone.

Sometimes hard to believe can restore Horsepower.....Unless can see and count the horses, then can determine if HP increase. Other than that its juz a placebo effect.

In the end....its the consumer's choice. I'm using Maxima by the way.

By the way found this on the net by someone in an internet forum

"But, compared to an ethylene glycol mixture (the green stuff), yes, Engine Ice does not transfer heat as well. This translates to lower radiator temperatures but higher cylinder head temperatures.

.......... By the way, the article in Dirt Rider magazine that tested the various coolants was in the July 2006 issue. I could not find an online link to it, though. The test consisted of temperature readings at both the radiator and the cylinder head using the same motorcycle."

Dunno how true.

Your theory......

but usually the warmer a Honda engine gets, the more powerful it becomes... (thats the innovation of Honda engine) isnt it ?

but not to the point the engine burns itself and get into a fire hazard la.. hahaha...

.....maybe true. The engine is getting hotter.

That is why measurement must be taken in the engine and not the radiator. For a fair measurement since coolant are suppose the cool then engine by transfering heat out.

Edited by IvikaRazI

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ever used a japanese brand green coolant fount in most Esso for my Version S. Not bad in my opinion. Yet to try those promising coolant available out there in the market for my current bike...

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

if i were to get the maxima coolaide premix, would 1 bottle be sufficient for my super4? i plan to flush my existing coolant and replace it with the coolaide. as far as i know, mustafa carries this product. does anyone have other shops to recommend?

does anyone know if there is any better radiator to install on s4? saw a bigger version one last time sold at unique but no more already. anyone have others to recommend?

wah used to have ah.. good leh.. any idea how much was it?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

if i were to get the maxima coolaide premix, would 1 bottle be sufficient for my super4? i plan to flush my existing coolant and replace it with the coolaide. as far as i know, mustafa carries this product. does anyone have other shops to recommend?

i flushed mine at planet.. 1 bottle is enough with some at reservoir.

mustafa abt 18++ right?

i dun remember exactly how much i paid.. but its around 20-25..

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Paste bunny into

(")_(") your sig to help him gain world domination