SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Thanks Bro danielling1981 for the pic.

Everything came tgt with my Garmin zumo 220. :)

If u r looking for iPhone or gps mount, u can try arkon brand. Cheap n good. :)

U can purchase from Amazon.

Edited by Cruiserian

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Cruiserian

Ya, go Motoworld for gloves. Good and reasonably priced. Whilst gloves can help to absorb some vibration, the main function of gloves is for protection. So, buy gloves with the most protection you can get for your money. Mine is the GK06-501. Retail $100 but can ask for discount if you buy other things or regular customer.

No offence to danielling but his gloves offer only minimal protection. Looks like the ones I used for my bicycle rides. It's ok for slow speed falls but for motorcycle riding, it's not suitable.

As for your vibration/numbness issue, do check why you're getting so much vibration. I mostly ride with gloves. However occasionally when the GF forgot to bring her gloves on short journeys, I let her use mine and I ride without gloves. With or without gloves, I don't feel much vibration. There is some very slight vibes at certain RPM range but overall it is at quite a low level. If your bike vibrates till hands get numb, I think it is excessive, so please have it checked.

Sources of vibration:

- check all handlebar bolts

- Could be your riser extension. Did you feel vibes without the extension?

- headstock bearings (don't know why but some call them "cone bearings")

- engine mounting bolts

If you've checked everything and they are ok, then you can also cure the vibes by installing heavier bar-ends like the Motovation types. If that doesn't work, there are also "helicopter technology" balancers for handle bars. It's more expensive than Motovations'.

Suggest you don't buy balancers yet. When we meet up soon, you can try my R&G balancers to see if it works on your bike.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]246020[/ATTACH]

Thanks Bro.

I think my numbness n ache are not caused by vibration. It might be my body too heavy n cause fatigue on my palm? Before installing the extension was even worst, cause its more forward leaning, can feel hands tired by supporting mine n pillion weight when brake. I believe my next solution will be getting a gloves. :D

Edited by Cruiserian

@ramsnake. No offense taken. Ya my gloves is just simple cloth type. If really fall, protection is minimal. But no glove is e worst!!

Gloves also help in some other ways, like keep ur hands from being too cold during rain and night. And also reduce e impact from flying stones. Reduce e cold will prevent ur hands from numbing. Reduce flying stone impact is safety becoz our human reaction may react to e impact from e stones.

For me, i choose this type becoz i dun feel comfortable with those armoured gloves. I find them not flexible enough and worry tat will affect my hands flexibility. Maybe more exp models will not give me this feeling?

On ur gloves, actually i find e knuckle armour type also weird. Science proven tat falling from bike e first contact is palm and not kunckle. :) i sincerely doubt i will use my knuckle to break fall.

wa, u r really safety conscious. Pillon also wear glove. Good good!!

For e vibration, using my old s4 as eg. Beginning i can ride free hand. Few years later, when i dun hold e handlebar, e shaking will start and get worse until. I hold e handlebar again.

But in terms of handling, conering and normal riding, no issues for me. E problem was with me for around 4 years. :/

The gloves I chose have excellent ventilation for our hot weather. For SG use and short JB trips it's great. As you mentioned they also protect the hand from getting too cold during night rides. For longer distance trips, I use Alpinestars full leather long gloves. The short Komine ones are too well ventilated so not suitable for cold protection.

You are right in that the first contact is the palms. So I always make sure my gloves have slide protectors on the palm. In a fall at higher speeds, the momentum will make us go tarmac surfing and we would instinctively use the palms to try to stop the slide. So having some tough plastic/carbon/leather pads on the palm is great.

When chosing gloves, try them on for comfort. If they are not comfortable, don't buy. With the gloves on, you must also be able to wriggle your fingers easily without any restrictions. As @SparkerS1 mentioned, they also season after some use. The ones I bought didn't need any "seasoning" as they felt comfortable on first use. So I encourage you to try out a few pairs at the shops to see which ones fit you best.

Best be safe than sorry later, bro.

I got my spx-10 alpinestars glove at regina for 90 dollar. Got carbon fibre knuckle protector. The inner part of the glove is made of leather. Carbon fibre is useful when u use ur hand to protect ur head, or other parts of the body and when u start rolling. Haha. My gloves got mesh also. So won't sweaty palm n glove won't smelly!

SPX-10s are great ones so start using them for every ride, bro. Don't worry about what other people think and it doesn't matter what bike you ride. Just use it for protection.

Actually once those amoured gloves season, it's quite comfortable, I using gloves with knuckle protection & thick palm cushion.

It also depends on how u fall, unawarely you might have ur knuckles glazed.

My old Alpinestar SPX survived 2 crashes, damages on the gloves are knuckle & finger & palm, so dun be surprised yea

Yup. My previous Komine gloves also saved my hands twice! :thumb:

Thanks Bro.

I think my numbness n ache are not caused by vibration. It might be my body too heavy n cause fatigue on my palm? Before installing the extension was even worst, cause its more forward leaning, can feel hands tired by supporting mine n pillion weight when brake. I believe my next solution will be getting a gloves. :D

I was also thinking that this may be the case in your numbness issue.

Body heavy? Exercise lah, bro! Good for health... LOL

But seriously, I think it's not about the size coz I know one ex-S4 rider who is bigger and heavier than you. This fellow frequently ride to Thailand with no numbness issues.

What you need to do is to be more conscious of your posture so that you don't put too much weight on your hands. Our hands should only rest lightly on the handle bars and the grip should also be light. When riding you should be able to move your elbow - imagine chickens flapping their wings. Mimic the wing flaps with your elbows. Sounds funny but this is the best way to tell if your riding posture is ok. If you can't do the flaps, you are sitting too far away and thus hands too straight.

When gripping the hand-grips, your fingers should also be flexible enough so you can wriggle them easily.

Keep checking these points on your rides over the next few days and over time, you will get used to this new posture. I guarantee you that your riding confidence will also increase because this posture will result in better balance of your weight on the bike. This in turn will help you ride the bike more smoothly with less unnecessary hand movements.

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

SPX-10s are great ones so start using them for every ride, bro. Don't worry about what other people think and it doesn't matter what bike you ride. Just use it for protection.

Haha how u know i nv use my gloves oftenly! Lolol. But mostly i ride quite late at night. After 11pm or so. And i always ride chill on the expressway with my visor up. Enjoy the cool breeze. So sometimes feel that it's safe so nv use glove. :p

@StrongBow. 1 thing about riding with visor up. Ever thought wat will happen if stone from road kick up by car in front hit ur eye? ._.

i kanna once hit e area just above my right eye. Almost react jam brake. Quite scary also suddenly eye area very pain.

So now i go above 60 = visor down.

@StrongBow. 1 thing about riding with visor up. Ever thought wat will happen if stone from road kick up by car in front hit ur eye? ._.

i kanna once hit e area just above my right eye. Almost react jam brake. Quite scary also suddenly eye area very pain.

So now i go above 60 = visor down.

Yeap. I also kenna before. I only open visor when road is clear in front of me. Then i can chillax. If road got one car near me confirm i visor down. Learned my lesson. Cos got this one time both my eyes kenna sand or small stone. So close both eyes for a while! Luckily road was straight lol. Danger danger!

I was also thinking that this may be the case in your numbness issue.

Body heavy? Exercise lah, bro! Good for health... LOL

But seriously, I think it's not about the size coz I know one ex-S4 rider who is bigger and heavier than you. This fellow frequently ride to Thailand with no numbness issues.

What you need to do is to be more conscious of your posture so that you don't put too much weight on your hands. Our hands should only rest lightly on the handle bars and the grip should also be light. When riding you should be able to move your elbow - imagine chickens flapping their wings. Mimic the wing flaps with your elbows. Sounds funny but this is the best way to tell if your riding posture is ok. If you can't do the flaps, you are sitting too far away and thus hands too straight.

When gripping the hand-grips, your fingers should also be flexible enough so you can wriggle them easily.

Keep checking these points on your rides over the next few days and over time, you will get used to this new posture. I guarantee you that your riding confidence will also increase because this posture will result in better balance of your weight on the bike. This in turn will help you ride the bike more smoothly with less unnecessary hand movements.

Yes Bro, u r correct, its my posture. Cuz my body n hand too short, so I tend to naturally lean forward and cause fatigue on my hand, wrist and palm. I tried ur method, it works, just need to adapt n keep reminding myself not to lean forward so much. :D

Guys which one is better air filter knn or bmc? any review..thks..

for S4, no diff if compared, both are aftermarket air filters which perform alot better than stock filter.

Better air flow and better filtration. Best of all it's long lasting and washable. Save money in long term and increase performance.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

bros, is it a must for revo to warmup b4 riding?

Bro..can u run 2.4kms juz right after you open your eyes from sleep?...

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

Yes. from wat i understand, when e engine is stop from riding eg at night and u start e engine e next morning.

In e internal components of e engine there will be e layer of "cold" oil. If e bike has been park for even longer periods, this layer of oil will also not be there.

So during e warm up, e engine will pump e oil throughout e engine with less stress. If u immediately start riding without warm up, then ur components r stressed without e oil o lubricate.

E run 2.4km example is good. Which is y before ex, we do warm up to start our heart rate pumping harder.

Bro..can u run 2.4kms juz right after you open your eyes from sleep?...

Hahahaha... funny lah you :) Some people can you know? :p

Do let it warm up first, bro. When it's adequately warmed up, the RPM will drop to 1.4k. Then you can whack the bike as fast as you like so you can catch up on that 1.5 minutes lost while warming up.

BTW, the bike needs to warm up properly before riding because during a cold start, most of the oil is in the sump. This means that the top of the pistons have very little lubrication when cold. Engines also need to operate at it's minimum temperature just like our body do when running 2.4kms. Otherwise, expect the bike equivalent of torn ligaments, cramps and etc.

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

I would say yes. nvr high rev your engine immediately after u start ur bike. let the engine temperature warm up, n let all engine parts have chance to be relube with engine oil.

for me I will not rev more than 6k rpm before 5km, to ensure engine is warm up.(this is my preference, many riders have their own tips. :) )

Edited by Cruiserian

Hahahaha... funny lah you :) Some people can you know? :p

Of course lah can bro..one time that person kena hamstring pull or etc..confirm he will warm up next time..hehehe!!..

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

Anyone of u here?! :)

No.

Revorians, is it beneficial to install steel braided hoses on a revo ABS model?

Cannot be done on a ABS model, recalibration of ABS need to be done and it's not a cheap process.

Hey bros.... I'm wondering of yoshi slip on r77 for revo, shop qoute me $1000. Is it cheap or ex? Advise me pls......

Pls go to the advertiser section and check it out. Find the deal tat suits ur price.

Visit MW or Unique motor threads. Give you hint liao hor.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Haha My school SIM got one revo. Whenever he start his engine like quite loud and sounds like he revving like that. I guess it's just the autochoke. His bike got tankbra n sideboxes one. Anyone of u here?! :)

There is a time when I start my bike in the morning, my neighbor who was also a rider, walked to me and say "next time when you start your bike, don't rev your engine if not your engine will spoil." I politely smile at him and answered "This is auto choke, it revs itself". But i don't know he understand or not, cuz he like not convinced like that. Hehe.. I also paiseh to further explain to him if not later he will think i am a stubborn boy. LOL

There is a time when I start my bike in the morning, my neighbor who was also a rider, walked to me and say "next time when you start your bike, don't rev your engine if not your engine will spoil." I politely smile at him and answered "This is auto choke, it revs itself". But i don't know he understand or not, cuz he like not convinced like that. Hehe.. I also paiseh to further explain to him if not later he will think i am a stubborn boy. LOL

:thumb:

Thanks for the reply SparkerS1!

I guess installing a brembo master pump is not advisable as well? Due to the recalibration

Not advisable as you'll need to recalibrate the ABS. Best upgrade for you will be to use better pads like the EBC HH or SBS pads. You can feel the difference in stopping power over the stock pads. If my bike is an ABS version, all I would do is to change the pads as the ABS brakes are good enough.

Haha My school SIM got one revo. Whenever he start his engine like quite loud and sounds like he revving like that. I guess it's just the autochoke. His bike got tankbra n sideboxes one. Anyone of u here?! :)

Haha my bike no tankbra so maybe it is not me

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/ldslds_siggy-1.gif

BY GODSENDWORX=)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305185-ldslds-GARAGE-SALES!!

somehow this reminds me of conversations with my grandparents.. :lol: