SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

:cheer: *Drum roll*...

15 September 2012

Mark this date on your calendars, bros. Ride up North for a cause. Details coming soon... :cool:

I'm looking forward to this Bro! And by the way, I bought Garmin zumo gps, definitely it will help on this trip too, since this will be likely my first time.

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeap. Today after my last exam i went down to bukit merah. Went to ask HKL, Universal Motors and another shop which i forgot the name about buying a revo. All quote me the price around 17,500 plus minus OTR w/o insurance. They said they could accept my pulsar trade in for around 3.5k. i thought it was quite alright. Although what UM offered me was the price for a parallel import unit.

Is it true parallel import not as good as agent bike? :p i understand some of the main differences between PI n Agent. Just that i keep thinking more expensive thing = better quality right? Hahaha.

And somemore i THINK i read somewhere in the earlier pages of this forum about warranty for a new revo was that it would be 2 years warranty with unlimited mileage?? Seems like its not the case now. All 3 shops said that it would be 1 year or 10,000km whichever comes first. :(

Anyway i can try to sell my pulsar for 4.5k or so on this forum. If Not maybe just push to trade in! JOIN U GUYS SOON! Can enrol in 3 weeks time! :)

But stupid TP must wait two months plus. Haiiii

17,500 for a brand new revo OTR w/o insurance?

wow is that expensive or what? :bounce:

@ramsnake. Just wish to share my experience in terms of bike performance. I used to ride s4 spec 1, now riding fz1.

Sincerely speaking, in ur example, it could be like e 3 bikes behind u didnt wan to endanger anyone by trying to overtake u while lane splitting. Especially since u mention it was medium to heavy traffic. Like u mention when traffic cleared thy disappeared. Although u caught up but it could be due to slow traffic at checkpt or short dist.

Imagine if starting from e start pt already clear traffic maybe u wont c tem at checkpt? I personally noe tat if i use my fz1 to "race" against my s4, on clear traffic highway, my s4 will never catch up provided my fz1 didnt kanna stop for spding. :) s4 top spd 190, fz1 top 280.

As for y upgrade. I think this is a really good pt. After changing to my fz1, i still miss my s4. like ur example, i belong to e type tat under use my way. I dun tour, dun track, i dun even go NSH. My fz1 is my daily commute.

E reason i buy is becoz it was my ream to own a fz1/6/8, st11/13 or fjr. :) so i bought a dream. Tats my reason. But i noe tat s4 is enough for sg road, still i wan to enjoy e ride first. Lol.

Waste yes. Fulfill dream, priceless.

@StrongBow

If you don't mind Black color, Bike Production is sell at $14.8k machine price inclusive COE. But I am not sure if it is PI or what. Do give them a call first before you making a trip down.

Hey bro is that the price for a new bike? Sounds amazing and i will definitely check it out with them

@Fried Rice

If I'm not wrong, PI bikes are directly imported from Japan hence the user manual is in Japanese. Agent bike manual will be in English. Chassis number is different too I guess. I think I read somewhere about these here, maybe u can try do a search :)

@StrongBow

It's new bike. But they have only black color, non abs. Call them up first.

@Fried Rice

Please see below, courtesy of kushinagar, and thanks to sparkers1 for consolidating the info. U can read more about revo here.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/346588-FAQ-and-Information-about-Honda-CB400-Revo-NC42

@Kushinagar

To let all have more insight on the market research on the Revo, here are some point to take note;-

- There are 2 make of the revo (not including the Bor' or) and the cost is between 800 to 1k more

* With ABS (actually is CBS)

* Without ABS

- In Sg, there is agent bike (Boon Siew) and PI bike & same there is a cost difference of 700 to 1k more getting the agent bike

* Chasis no JHxxxxxx for agent bike, sticker & manual in english

* Chasis no NCxxxxx for PI bike, sticker & manual in Japanese

As for the bike itself, introducing the PGM-FI to the 400 is nothing new as this technology is proven. It starts smoothly with auto-choke for about 55 sec before the rev stabalise. Aceleration wise is smooth and responsive, a different experience compare to the carb model. But this bike definitely runs high in temperature often triggering the fan to be on.

And 1 more very important point why revo is good here in sgp is because we have a very informative SBF thread here, and many knowledgeable n experienced revorians around. Last but not least, many wonderful n helpful brothers here. I don't really see any others bike thread have more organised n informative than here. :)

@Fried Rice

Please see below, courtesy of kushinagar, and thanks to sparkers1 for consolidating the info. U can read more about revo here.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/346588-FAQ-and-Information-about-Honda-CB400-Revo-NC42

@Kushinagar

To let all have more insight on the market research on the Revo, here are some point to take note;-

- There are 2 make of the revo (not including the Bor' or) and the cost is between 800 to 1k more

* With ABS (actually is CBS)

* Without ABS

- In Sg, there is agent bike (Boon Siew) and PI bike & same there is a cost difference of 700 to 1k more getting the agent bike

* Chasis no JHxxxxxx for agent bike, sticker & manual in english

* Chasis no NCxxxxx for PI bike, sticker & manual in Japanese

As for the bike itself, introducing the PGM-FI to the 400 is nothing new as this technology is proven. It starts smoothly with auto-choke for about 55 sec before the rev stabalise. Aceleration wise is smooth and responsive, a different experience compare to the carb model. But this bike definitely runs high in temperature often triggering the fan to be on.

does that mean the PI bike doesn't come with warranty? i am still confusing between the warranty of PI and Agent vehicle.

@Cruiserian

could you please tell me wheres the difference between agent and parallel import? :angel:

@Fried Rice

This thread is always been updated with many information.

My hard work throughout so many years.

And 1 more very important point why revo is good here in sgp is because we have a very informative SBF thread here, and many knowledgeable n experienced revorians around.

This i gotta agree, riders willing to contribute and help.

does that mean the PI bike doesn't come with warranty? i am still confusing between the warranty of PI and Agent vehicle.

For PI bike, some shops give their own 1 or 6 months warranty.

Agent is 6months or 1yr warranty or 6000km mileage or 10000km mileage or whichever comes first.

Gotta check the T&C cos every shops varies.

Correct me if im wrong. If agent bike spoil. Ur warranty taken care by boonsiew.

If PI, warranty taken care by the bike shop u buy from.

Agent bikes, any faulty components from Honda, they will recall and replace FOC. Check boon siew website for newest updates.

PI bikes, you are on your own till the faulty component broke down, you pay and change.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

sori bro, wanna ask out of curiousity how much is a new fuel tank for a revo?

$700 to $800... I know cause I wanted to change mine as it has a couple of nasty scratches and dents. After hearing the price I think it will be cheaper to repair and re spray.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/blade_trinity21/EditedRevo2.jpg

hey guys. i nowdays find it hard to start my bike. it will take 2 to 3 cranks then it can start. but my batt seems fine due to having my voltage indicator. do any of you know what the cause?

Might be some possibilities.

When is your last done servicing? dirty/clotted air filter?

Voltage indicator might not be tat accurate, always check with a volt meter or multimeter once a while to check whether its synchonized to the voltage indicator.

Time to recondition your batt by charging it?

Might be due to dirty throttle body.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

How to whatsapp you when I don't have your number? LOL

2) Performance advantage?

IMHO, I enjoy and do ride fairly fast when I go up north. Without meaning to boast or anything, on the way back from a recent trip to KL, 5 superbikes (think Fireblades, R1, S1000 and GSXR) were also on the way back to SIN after their Sepang track day. Saw them in my mirrors and I let the first 2 bikes pass me. Then I got itchy and decided to chase :cool:

To cut a long story short, traffic was about medium to heavy thus allowing fast filtering. Only the first 2 bikes remained in front most of the way back. The other 3 bikes were behind me most of the time. Only when the roads were clear after the first toll booth after Kulaijaya were they able to overtake and leave me behind due to their much higher top speeds. When we pulled up at Shell GP, I wasn't very far behind.

Best to wake from the illusion Most bikers who track knows their bikes than those who tours or commutes. As they know their bike's limitations and what it can do at track. I guess they are just tired from the track day.

1000cc first gear can reach up to 170kph.E.g 2011 Zx10R. If you think you can out run them do it at the track. Traffic on the road have too much variables to conclude anything, but if it makes you feel good, I guess you are just lucky that day as their body condition or traffic dont favor them.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Chill bro, I bet ramsnake knows very well from the start that his bike is no match for theirs. let's just take it as he was sharing experience for his trip, doesn't that makes everything simpler?

Ultimately, yes people ride fast for thrills. No objections. I wish i could someday too.

Every bike has its own limitations. the greater power ur bike has just means that u need to be more responsible for that power u own!

So everyone ride safe, stay happy!

I agree with strongbow. And I know Ramsnake, he has good knowledge on bikes and he is just trying to share his experience here, no offend here, no matter which bikes, we are still riders, so let's get over this and be a happy rider! cheers! :)

hey bro sparkers1. my last servicing was back a few months ago. i washed my air filter and change my spark plugs. do u know how much shops charge for charging of the battery? and if its is dirty throttle body, what should i do? sorry kinda noob at this kind of things.but thank you for replying my question bro sparkers1

Bro azman. I believe the charging of battery is a very small n cheap issue, but im not sure for super4 batteries. For my pulsar i can request the workshop to charge my battery when they servicing my bike for free. So that makes me believe that it's not going to cost you alot. you can ask ur workshop to help u charge maybe?

As for dirty throttle body im not sure. Hope the other revo bros can enlighten you

I agree with strongbow. And I know Ramsnake, he has good knowledge on bikes and he is just trying to share his experience here, no offend here, no matter which bikes, we are still riders, so let's get over this and be a happy rider! cheers! :)

I can agree tat others will surely ve more knowledge on bikes than me. Im just a rider. Most technical stuff is beyond me. :)

Just sharing my experience becoz used to ride s4 and now riding Cls2. No offense taken watsoever and also hope on one takes offense at my sharing though i no longer ride a s4. :/

Re reading ramsnake's post, ya his sharing his opinion on whether he would spend $ on modifications to go faster, etc. But i guess maybe e example not very suitable. S4 vs cls 2 on highway? Maybe should compare modded s4 vs stock s4. :)

Agree tat s4 should be able to win some cls 2 bikes on track but on open way. A bit too tough? Jus my opinion from riding s4 followed by cls 2.

I believe ramsnake's main point is that money spent on performance mods would be better off spending on a cls2 bike in terms of value for money. No matter how much you spend on performance on a s4, it wouldn't pretty much beat a stock cls2 bike. And the money you spent on mods could get you one. Revo is so expensive nowadays.

Ramsnake has the means to upgrade bike for performance economically if needed, same as me. Works otherwise for s4 hardcore fans.