SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

I can agree tat others will surely ve more knowledge on bikes than me. Im just a rider. Most technical stuff is beyond me. :)

Just sharing my experience becoz used to ride s4 and now riding Cls2. No offense taken watsoever and also hope on one takes offense at my sharing though i no longer ride a s4. :/

Re reading ramsnake's post, ya his sharing his opinion on whether he would spend $ on modifications to go faster, etc. But i guess maybe e example not very suitable. S4 vs cls 2 on highway? Maybe should compare modded s4 vs stock s4. :)

Agree tat s4 should be able to win some cls 2 bikes on track but on open way. A bit too tough? Jus my opinion from riding s4 followed by cls 2.

Yeap. You are right. Almost impossible for s4 to beat class2 bike. :)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gelang Patah Petrol Run

21 May 2012

Time:8:30pm

Meet at GP Petronas.

Depart GP to U-turn to other side of highway (short 4km run.)

Makan satay n whatever u like. Pump petrol and leave for home about 10:30pm

1) ramsnake

2)

3)

4)

5)

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

I believe ramsnake's main point is that money spent on performance mods would be better off spending on a cls2 bike in terms of value for money. No matter how much you spend on performance on a s4, it wouldn't pretty much beat a stock cls2 bike. And the money you spent on mods could get you one. Revo is so expensive nowadays.

Ramsnake has the means to upgrade bike for performance economically if needed, same as me. Works otherwise for s4 hardcore fans.

Good point. I think wats impt is if u can afford and it makes u feel good and it does gives benefits, go for it. Some may argue tat it is just a tiny bit of improvement but impt is ur own feel.

I was reading up on some of e accessories my bike came with and saw this part "factory pro" brand. E part itself is a 4 valve which sits below my air filter. I'm riding fz1. E website says tat it allows for a "true 4-6hp increase". E thing cost $400+ usd. ._.

to each its own but i think I'm e type of rider who will stick to stock rather than pay more for performance since im not a track person either. ^^

used to know someone who has too much money on his hands.

did alot from yoshimura full system to yoshimura carb. redrev. dyno. wheels. carbon fiber here . . . there . . . .

but he did not change anything in the engine. still stock pistons with stock cranks. engine stock lar senang ckp.

still cant win a rvf on track.

the rvf also has some mods in it too lar kan

cant beat a 400cc , so 600cc abit far fatch.

but not fair game lar. should have compair with a naked bike to a naked bike.

not to a naked bike to a sportsbike.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

how bout if i place it this way

modify phantom to beat stock super4

drag race also can

track also can

use mat rempit style also can

who u think will win?

they are already in the different cat.

how bout changing the mindset to mod super4 to beat fazer600?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

do u know how much shops charge for charging of the battery? and if its is dirty throttle body, what should i do? sorry kinda noob at this kind of things.but thank you for replying my question bro sparkers1

Go to your frequent mech, charging of batt is free service, it's just only a quick charge tat takes around 30mins to 1hr.

Sevice throttle body cost $180 if not mistaken. Some other bikeshops might have better pricing i guess.

Agree tat s4 should be able to win some cls 2 bikes on track but on open way. A bit too tough? Jus my opinion from riding s4 followed by cls 2.

I gotta agree with you, attaining your dreams~~priceless.

I myself been there done tat, now old man relax and riding S4.

IMO Power & pickup wise if compared wif GSXR6, S4 no fight.

In terms of handling & stability also no fight.

I am a sub-rider for Fz6S previously as well, compared also no fight.

When a smaller bike overtakes me, I just let it be, can say i humji but riding safe is 1st priority for me.

Follow speed limit & traffic regulations is impt as well.

I am sharing my experience as well, dun take it too hard or offended.

Yeap. You are right. Almost impossible for s4 to beat class2 bike. :)

It's just the mentality of riders.

Take for example, S4 can outrun any bike when other bikes are riding at their own relax pace within speed limits.

Make sense? Or my example is too pathetic.....LOL

I was reading up on some of e accessories my bike came with and saw this part "factory pro" brand. E part itself is a 4 valve which sits below my air filter. I'm riding fz1. E website says tat it allows for a "true 4-6hp increase". E thing cost $400+ usd. ._.

FYI, it's Factory Pro velocity stacks, it's to improve air flow, smoother air flow i should say.

++horsepower wise i dunno......to me, makes no diff as volume of air box remains the same.

Wanted to fix for GSXR previously but ......no money....

the rvf also has some mods in it too lar kan

but not fair game lar. should have compair with a naked bike to a naked bike.

not to a naked bike to a sportsbike.

You forgotten some other factors......

Needa compare rider's skills and their balls.....LOL

how bout changing the mindset to mod super4 to beat fazer600?

Can, tat mod S4 confirm win if i riding FZ6 cos i humji, i rather ride at my own relax pace.

so any advantage if my bike is from Agent? so does BoonSiew have record of the bike?

Just checked tat my bike Chasis no JHxxxxxx. mine is Spec3.

There is advantage if there is any recalls for any fautly components for bikes fall within the chassis series stated in their website, FOC when they change the affected components.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Take for example, S4 can outrun any bike when other bikes are riding at their own relax pace within speed limits.

no la. cos daniel bro seems determined to compare a s4 and class 2 bike in terms of performance.

what im pointing out is that i see his point. a class 2 bike is bound to win ( if riders are making full use of the performance of their bikes. )

sidetrack, how many of you actually travel at the top speed of your revos? let say 190km/h

frequency of travelling at your top speed?

everyday? once only?

CURIOUS! :)

Need to compare same skill also. Track is not a good compare either since skill is a big portion rather than small portion. Maybe just compare 0 to 100? Though i dun think tats very good either.

Too technical for me. :)

how many seconds is a 0-100 for a stock s4 btw? just asking out of curiosity.:angel:

So far for me I only tried 130-140kmph on my revo, n it was very very rare occasion. Sg really no chance to speed, n also mainly bcuz I ballsmall..Haha.. revo 0-100kmph should be around 4-5secs. Saw YouTube about a bold'or used only 4secs for that. :)

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

no la. cos daniel bro seems determined to compare a s4 and class 2 bike in terms of performance.

what im pointing out is that i see his point. a class 2 bike is bound to win ( if riders are making full use of the performance of their bikes. )

sidetrack, how many of you actually travel at the top speed of your revos? let say 190km/h

Yes, but he is also pointing out his views as well.

Side track huh.....hmm, my experience is dun ever go to tat kinda speed, even go touring the speed range is around max 160km/h.

Even if clear carbon also no need to hit such a high speed.

The handling of S4 is very light, just a tankslap and tats it bro.

Good enough to know S4 can hit such speed but not adviceable to try it, pls do not compromise your safety.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

So far for me I only tried 130-140kmph on my revo, n it was very very rare occasion. Sg really no chance to speed, n also mainly bcuz I ballsmall..Haha.. revo 0-100kmph should be around 4-5secs. Saw YouTube about a bold'or used only 4secs for that. :)

Yes, but he is also pointing out his views as well.

Side track huh.....hmm, my experience is dun ever go to tat kinda speed, even go touring the speed range is around max 160km/h.

Even if clear carbon also no need to hit such a high speed.

The handling of S4 is very light, just a tankslap and tats it bro.

Good enough to know S4 can hit such speed but not adviceable to try it, pls do not compromise your safety.

ooo icic. cool story bro.

thanks you guys for helping me look forward to my coming bike!

i have decided to go for a new bike.

i believe that i can use my super4 for many years to come.

and also i m afraid of buying a second hand bike thats not well taken care of,

leading to more money spent on maintenance than what is worth.

please bear with me for all the stupid questions im gonna ask. ahahahaa. kacheong spider.

i think i want to hard break in my super4 once i get it!

so after i complete this hard breaking in, its totally good to go? okay to ride like normal?

Or maybe u can buy 1-2yr old bike like me, with all accessories n exhaust in. :D

I initially intended to get 1st hand too, but I changed my mind after doing some calculation :)

Anyway, I feel excited for u. A few things u definitely must have if u buying new bike: crashbar, rear suspension screw cover (prevent ppl to steal ur rear sups.), n iu. :D cheers.

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

I gotta agree with you, attaining your dreams~~priceless.

I myself been there done tat, now old man relax and riding S4.

IMO Power & pickup wise if compared wif GSXR6, S4 no fight.

In terms of handling & stability also no fight.

^^ yes. Some of my frens, non riders do envy me as i am able to obtain a dream. Although it was not tat hard and not tat expensive. But having a dream, aiming, driving towards it and obtaining it. The feeling is really priceless. Now just seeing how long this feeling will last and change back to S4. LOL

I am a sub-rider for Fz6S previously as well, compared also no fight.

When a smaller bike overtakes me, I just let it be, can say i humji but riding safe is 1st priority for me.

Follow speed limit & traffic regulations is impt as well.

I am sharing my experience as well, dun take it too hard or offended.

Agree. Currently when road clear i will travel 120 provided, i noe the road. Conditions r fine, dry ground, no rain before, etc. Slow down also when approaching other vehicles, observe before attempt overtake or lane split. Often i give way to 2b bikes ^^ becoz was preparing to lane split then notice the vehicle a bit unstable so prefer to wait a bit. See behind got small bike, i move to the right of the lane.

everyday? once only?

CURIOUS! :)

Hi StrongBow bro, just to clarify, hope u dun think i'm defensive. E reason y i use S4 vs Cls2 is becoz of Ramsnake's first example. It was his s4 vs 5 cls2. Not exactly vs but rather, the example. I dun really think there's much to fight in a heavily modded s4 vs stock cls2? Provided rider same skills.

Travel top spd? I did once on my S4 spec 1. But still inexperience and didn't noe which exit. Nearly self skidded when i tried to e brake to get to the exit ._> after tat dun dare le. Knowing the route is important when wan to play... =X

Current bike, never yet. Dun think ever will be able to. lol

PS: How to do the multi quote thingy? Dun seem to get it. My this post is "manual" multi quote... ^^

i think i want to hard break in my super4 once i get it!

so after i complete this hard breaking in, its totally good to go? okay to ride like normal?

Yes, the mech will brief to u in detail.

Follow up FAQ on Revo for info & updates

A few things u definitely must have if u buying new bike: crashbar, rear suspension screw cover (prevent ppl to steal ur rear sups.), n iu. :D cheers.

So much goodies tat will poison as well....haha

PS: How to do the multi quote thingy? Dun seem to get it. My this post is "manual" multi quote... ^^

Yo bro, you can multi-quote many posts and reply in one single post, it will look neat & tidy instead of several single posts.

There is this ("+) icon next to the reply with quote, just click on several posts you wanna reply and once you selected the posts, click reply to thread and you're done.

Crashbar can get from any shop right? But u know where to find the one sparkers bro using? The one connected to frame of the bike instead of the engine?

Rear suspension screw cover is it the one from preventing the showa kantong from being stolen? Get from where?? Think i really need that cos i malaysian. And will go back malaysia from time to time! I see alot of sparks n wave there with showa kantong and im wondering whether stolen from super4 or nt haha.

As for exhaust endcan and other enhancements i think i will slowly addon. Enjoy the stock first. So can slowly feel the benefits of each enhancements.

I also feel like getting raceshield, revtec, handlebar heavy slider done up asap. :)

Cruiserian bro. What are the enhancements ur bike has? Care to list out? :)

Hi StrongBow bro, just to clarify, hope u dun think i'm defensive. E reason y i use S4 vs Cls2 is becoz of Ramsnake's first example. It was his s4 vs 5 cls2. Not exactly vs but rather, the example. I dun really think there's much to fight in a heavily modded s4 vs stock cls2? Provided rider same skills.

Travel top spd? I did once on my S4 spec 1. But still inexperience and didn't noe which exit. Nearly self skidded when i tried to e brake to get to the exit ._> after tat dun dare le. Knowing the route is important when wan to play... =X

Current bike, never yet. Dun think ever will be able to. lol

Yea. Knowing the route is always an advantage whether you want to whack the bike or not!

And no la daniel bro. I dun think you are being defensive. I am just agreeing with you :) hope i did not come across wrong here too! Nice achieving your dreams. Good for you! My dream bike is actually a ducati monster but as im still studying now. Don't think i will be able to afford it anytime soon! I plan to graduate and work first before i get a second hand ducati monster without selling off my super4! Enjoy The monster for awhile. Be happy and contented and go back to my s4!

Hope i can tahan the temptation! Hahaha

Crashbar can get from any shop right? But u know where to find the one sparkers bro using? The one connected to frame of the bike instead of the engine?

Rear suspension screw cover is it the one from preventing the showa kantong from being stolen? Get from where?? Think i really need that cos i malaysian. And will go back malaysia from time to time! I see alot of sparks n wave there with showa kantong and im wondering whether stolen from super4 or nt haha.

As for exhaust endcan and other enhancements i think i will slowly addon. Enjoy the stock first. So can slowly feel the benefits of each enhancements.

I also feel like getting raceshield, revtec, handlebar heavy slider done up asap. :)

Cruiserian bro. What are the enhancements ur bike has? Care to list out? :)

Crashbar and Rear suspension screw cover can just get from a shop u trust. ^^ trust "tat they won't carrot u" shop. ^^. If get ownself to fix maybe try forum else ve to wait for someone to advise. My ex S4 came with 2 pt crashbar and Rear suspension screw cover. Changed the 2pt crashbar to 3 pt though. But somehow i think no difference... lol

Ya enjoy ur stock first...

Windshield can try GIVI or Zero Gravity. But again not much use if u not going above 120 at NSH. My ex S4, i installed GIVI windshield. But becoz S4 is naked bike so even if ur windshield is tall type, the height still won't give much cover unless *sry* short rider. Becoz S4 is sit up straight posture so the wind will still hit u like there's no windshield.

My current bike fz1 has the fairing so it improves the height of the windshield becoz it is mounted on the fairing. S4 the windshield base will be mounted near ur headlight. Also becoz of the longer distance between handlebar and seat of fz1, although my posture is straight, i still ve to lean forward slightly, thus the wind blast is lessen. S4, my posture is straighter (Less lean forward) coupled with the shorter height of wind shield = not much use. I'm 1.8m though.

E other accessories u mention, i never heard before. LOL. Rider without knowledge here...

Yea. Knowing the route is always an advantage whether you want to whack the bike or not!

And no la daniel bro. I dun think you are being defensive. I am just agreeing with you :) hope i did not come across wrong here too! Nice achieving your dreams. Good for you! My dream bike is actually a ducati monster but as im still studying now. Don't think i will be able to afford it anytime soon! I plan to graduate and work first before i get a second hand ducati monster without selling off my super4! Enjoy The monster for awhile. Be happy and contented and go back to my s4!

Hope i can tahan the temptation! Hahaha

Knowing the route is a must!!! Tat close shave for me was really heart attack. Travelling max 190 on NSH coming back to SG. Only me and a fren on his Kawa 600. It was dark so visibility not tat good. Was prone and focus on my ride and didnt noe my fren already slow down signal left. I passed him and surprised myself also, kan chong, e brake, rear wheel slided. Felt my whole bike doing something similar to "power brake" on bicycle and roller blade. Luckily stopped at road shoulder and my bike was facing left instead of straight. ._.

No worries. Forums is meant for discussion. Just wanted to clear things up. ^^

Hope u will achieve ur dreams too in the years to come. 2nd hand monster is possible ^^ 1st hand then tough.

Rear suspension screw cover is it the one from preventing the showa kantong from being stolen? Get from where??

Normal crashbars any shop will do.

Mine is from Seng Kwang AMK IND PARK 2, custom-made and various design to choose from. Prepare to wait for 6hrs for it to be done.

And pls refer to the link!!! its stated there :faint: :faint:

Rear lock guard LAB & MW selling, normal bike shops selling as well.

Haha paiseh ah sparkers bro. Always give u headache. Kkk. I go re-read everything! :)

Daniel bro. I think i won't be fixing the windshield la. I think s4 looks very macho the way it is. If add windshield like spoil the looks. Plus i quite big size so i think can take some wind. Haha. But must wait till really riding then see how again. :)

U guys had what for lunch? Im hungry!