SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Just wanna share...Most riders who talk about suspension are really those who know how to ride. During my younger days I have overtook R1 at the corners with my F4i. Whom the rider always clear his meter at 299kph. But who was really slow in corners, when at PG, the only times he manage to overtook me is at the 2 straights. Anyway I am very slow as well. Cant even go below 2 mins one lap.

I can tune my suspension with my friends in wee hours and go track next day. With my F4i and R6, I have been overtook at the track by modified RXZ and PGM4...So what I have the power advantage 2-3 times more than them...I got smoke as well....My friend R1 cant even touch them, that's when I realized is the rider not the bike. Bike is like tools, how well you use it depend on the rider. Super 4 is a great bike, that why I owned 2 before, VER S and Spec 2.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy cow! Didn't realise my post stirred up so much discussion here. From non-Revo riders too! :angel:

Thanks for your input, everyone. Sorry for this late reply as was busy... This is what I call a lively forum lah! LOL... :thumb:

Just to clarify, my post was in response to someone asking about exhaust systems. I then decided that it was a good time to share my personal views as an "old school" biker. In that light, I'm hoping to clarify further what I have posted about this topic.

My view is that the current crop of bikes have come a long way in terms of technological advances. More often than not, many bikers are not even riding their bikes to above mid-level performance, let alone making use of its full potential. If that is the case, why bother with so called upgrading or modifying the bike so you can have more power or go faster?

In the example of my "accidental "race" with the 5 superbikes, I'd like to add this fact: those blokes (one of whom I subsequently discovered is a friend, when we all met at Shell GP) who "played" with me are to be considered as above average. This is simply because they take the time to go to Sepang and ride their superbikes. They were in their full leather suits on the journey back too! I am assuming here that by doing going to Sepang, they do have the desire to ride better by honing their riding skills at the track.

Now, I mentioned that 3 of them couldn't overtake me until the home stretch, where we exit the main NSH (E2) into E3 towards Gelang Patah. From Nilai to E3 exit which is about 200km, 2 of the 3 riders behind me actually did try to overtake me twice while we were filtering traffic. They went onto the emergency lane to try to power their way ahead but in the end, they still fall into position behind me when they joined the main flow on the fast lane.

There are 2 points I can deduce from this situation:

1) The Revo's mid-range power response and acceleration is sufficient to keep up with superbikes (note that I say "keep up"); and

2) My riding skills are better than theirs. [Again, no intention to boast or any such crap... :) ]

Having said that and as quite a number of bros have mentioned, there is absolutely no way an S4 can beat a class 2 if you just do a drag race. It's just impossible unless the class 2 biker is utterly hopeless. As far as power is concerned, there is no substitute for engine capacity. Larger engine capacity = more combustion area = more fuel/air mixture = bigger combustion = increased power output. It's as simple as that.

So going back to the point of my post, my intention was to highlight that the Revo has enough power to satisfy the average biker who mainly use it for SG commuting, occasional touring and even the occasional track days. As such, in order to help decide if you should modify your bike and what mods to do, I believe the first question you should ask yourself is: "Have I built up my own riding skills to the level that is enough to ride the stock Revo to it's full potential?" If not, why do I want more power than I can handle?

To @sparkersS1's view that it is dangerous to ride the Revo to it's top speed, I beg to differ. I have triggered the speed limiter twice so far. I also regularly ride at about 165-180km/h on the NSH. I am of the opinion that the Revo is a very stable bike at these speeds. Whether or not it is dangerous is really a biker skills factor.

As such, I do strongly encourage those who think that they shouldn't ride the Revo at it's top speed range to think again. Consider these:

- If with a Class 2A bike, you think it is dangerous at those speeds, what on earth possess you to think it's not dangerous riding at those speeds on a Class 2 bike?

- Instead of fearing the higher speeds that the Revo is fully capable of, why not upgrade your riding skills first before considering modding the bike or buying a more powerful bike?

- If you think that it is dangerous to "practice" on regular roads, and I agree this is so for those with minimal experience, why not practice at Pasir Gudang? It certainly is more safe in a closed environment.

Now, I am not advocating that we go out and ride irresponsibly. On the contrary, I am encouraging that we as bikers pay attention to these points, way before spending money on mods:

- Is your bike is tip-top condition?

- If you bought your bike 2nd hand, have you replaced those consumable parts that need to be replaced?

- Do you know how to maintain your bike or at least make sure it is serviced regularly by the mechs?

Only when you have done the above, can you ride any bike in confidence. Next comes biker skills. If you do not have sufficient skills to ride at the Revo's max potential (not just talking about speed here but chassis balance and handling as well), have you considered going for advanced riding courses?

I guess all of us are now familiar with the infamous Ferrari incident. Let it be a learning opportunity for all of us. You can have the bike or car with the power and looks of your dreams but CAN YOU HANDLE IT?

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

Lol. I just a bit kaypo come here join in e discussion. I think sharing and discussion is good even if sometimes wrong info may be given. As long as everyone is forgiving and kind enough to allow room for mistakes. ^^ as long as clarification is done when theres confusion i think ultimately everyone will benefit. :)

Using iphone abit hard to format my post so hope no confusion. This post is queries and comments to ramsnake"s post above. ^^

1) curious but wat is "old school" biker?

2) agree tat most of us dun use e bike to fullest. Especially for those of us who do not track, i think even more true. My accessories came with e 2nd bike becoz e owner give discount if i take all. Lol. Coz he lazy dismantle and sell. ^^

3) ur definition of "keep up" is assuming e cls 2 do not down gear and run or throttle more on same gear? becoz farther down ur post u mention if drag then cls 2 will win becoz of bigger capacity. So I'm confused as to how s4 can "keep up"?

Just sharing but currently on my cls 2, in most situations i do not need to down gear in order to gain e power boost. So far my throttle control is always very slight with a lot of space to turn for more power. Compared to when i was on s4 e amt of throttle i require for e same power or speed is alot more.

4) never ride revo before but i agree tat s4 is a wonderful bike. Max spd 190. Easier cruise comfortably at 120 without e feeling of engine being too strained. If not for my dream likely would stick. ^^

5) on e matter of riding at top spd. Again comparing s4 and fz1 (not comparing cls 2 as fz is my 1st cls2 bike), i would say e almost 30+kg difference in weight plays a very important role in e stability. I ve tried 120, 140, 160 on both bikes. I can safety say tat on s4, after 120, e stability feel becomes weaker. E feeling of engine strain starts to kick in. Not to mention e amt of trottle u ve to pull. On my fz in e beginning i usually reach 140 without realising it. But i admit i ve no experience with revo so maybe e stability is better at higher spds.

6) agree tat cls 2 bike high spd is also dangerous. But there is e added power to reach e spd more comfortably. Not feeling e engine strain adds on to e comfort. Weight also improves e stability at least in my opinion.

But like wat others ve said elsewhere on e forum. With great power comes great responsibility. So i believe this applies to bikes too!!!

7) last but not least ur points to ensure tat bike is in e optimal condition is great advice. my feelings of engine strain could be a result of old age, mine was s4 spec 1. Got it at 4 years old. Rode till 11 years old. fully stock. Maybe too use to e power thus felt tat it is not tat strong. But regular servicing is important. Too bad I'm not a diy or technical person. :/

8) on e topic of skills, i think sg bikers should consider going for e defensive riding course conducted by e schools. Nsf if i remember correctly gets a 50% discount. It is fun and i find it quite useful. ^^

@danielling: Lol. I just a bit kaypo come here join in e discussion. I think sharing and discussion is good even if sometimes wrong info may be given. As long as everyone is forgiving and kind enough to allow room for mistakes. ^^ as long as clarification is done when theres confusion i think ultimately everyone will benefit. :)

ramsnake: This is good healthy discussion! Keep it up coz it's helpful to those who find it useful... :)

Using iphone abit hard to format my post so hope no confusion. This post is queries and comments to ramsnake"s post above. ^^

1) curious but wat is "old school" biker?

Well, bikers of my time pay more attention to basic things like chassis and suspension set-up, tyres and transmission (chain and sprockets. Chassis, suspension set-up and tyres have a direct effect on the bike's handling and stability in corners and at higher speeds. If you don't take care of these, adding extra horse power will only make the bike more difficult to handle, those more risky/dangerous.

If we find we need a bit more top end speed or mid-range power, then we play around with gear ratios.

Only then do we consider exhausts and headers and big bore modifications. With the last mod, the engine will need more attention so those with limited budget will avoid tinkering with the internals. Even so, those who can afford will do it.

Nowadays, I find that many bikers go for looks, brand name parts and loud sounding exhausts. They don't really care about the returns in terms of money spent vs. benefits gained. Many just buy and install without doing research to understand why so called performance parts work or if they actually increase performance. Looks and sound good, why not? :)

2) agree tat most of us dun use e bike to fullest. Especially for those of us who do not track, i think even more true. My accessories came with e 2nd bike becoz e owner give discount if i take all. Lol. Coz he lazy dismantle and sell. ^^

Lucky for you!

3) ur definition of "keep up" is assuming e cls 2 do not down gear and run or throttle more on same gear? becoz farther down ur post u mention if drag then cls 2 will win becoz of bigger capacity. So I'm confused as to how s4 can "keep up"?

Yes, if Class 2 down gear and push all the way on a clear road, S4 won't be able to catch up and overtake. However, when Cl2 gear down and S4 also gear down and full throttle, S4 will not be very far behind so long as Cl2 keep to max of 190/200kmh.

In medium traffic conditions that allow filtering, the Revo's mid-range power and good throttle response will allow it to keep up with the Cl2. In the example I quoted, or speed was between 150-180km/h. When Cl2 open throttle, I was able to maintain nearly the same distance behind the first 2 bikes. So long as they didn't have open roads for them to go beyond 190km/h, I was right behind them. This is what I mean by keep up.

Just sharing but currently on my cls 2, in most situations i do not need to down gear in order to gain e power boost. So far my throttle control is always very slight with a lot of space to turn for more power. Compared to when i was on s4 e amt of throttle i require for e same power or speed is alot more.

I don't know about Spec 1. In my case, most of the time it was on 6th gear, riding between 160-180kmh. I only down gear when the speed was reduced to about 120km/h. Down gear, twist throttle and go. This way, I could keep up with the CL2 bikes.

4) never ride revo before but i agree tat s4 is a wonderful bike. Max spd 190. Easier cruise comfortably at 120 without e feeling of engine being too strained. If not for my dream likely would stick. ^^

Agreed! :thumb:

5) on e matter of riding at top spd. Again comparing s4 and fz1 (not comparing cls 2 as fz is my 1st cls2 bike), i would say e almost 30+kg difference in weight plays a very important role in e stability. I ve tried 120, 140, 160 on both bikes. I can safety say tat on s4, after 120, e stability feel becomes weaker. E feeling of engine strain starts to kick in. Not to mention e amt of trottle u ve to pull. On my fz in e beginning i usually reach 140 without realising it. But i admit i ve no experience with revo so maybe e stability is better at higher spds.

Maybe yours was an older S4. For me, I didn't even fit any steering damper and at those speeds you mentioned, it's stable. Even with strong cross winds on the NSH, it's ok. The bike just follow the line you set. I think this is where "old school" set up is important. Suspension settings, balance weight distribution when carrying luggage and correct tyre pressures play a big role in bike stability.

No doubt your FZ1's added weight plus larger tyre profile (thus bigger contact patch) does add to the stability.

6) agree tat cls 2 bike high spd is also dangerous. But there is e added power to reach e spd more comfortably. Not feeling e engine strain adds on to e comfort. Weight also improves e stability at least in my opinion.

No strain on my Revo. RPM at "cruising" speed of 160-170kmh is only about 10k. At top speed of 190kmh, RPM is at 11.2-11.5k. Redline is at 13k. What strain? LOL...

After such rides, which I do at least once a month, the next days the engine still sounds good and healthy. This is where maintenance i.e using good oil comes into play.

But like wat others ve said elsewhere on e forum. With great power comes great responsibility. So i believe this applies to bikes too!!!

Even more so because we don't have a cage protecting us! BTW, I forgot to add to my last post that if bikers don't even have a good set of protective gear (armoured jacket, leather gloves, boots and helmets), please please don't mod. Some bikers i see on the road have full Akra pipes but wear some $100 helmet and no gloves. Sigh....

7) last but not least ur points to ensure tat bike is in e optimal condition is great advice. my feelings of engine strain could be a result of old age, mine was s4 spec 1. Got it at 4 years old. Rode till 11 years old. fully stock. Maybe too use to e power thus felt tat it is not tat strong. But regular servicing is important. Too bad I'm not a diy or technical person. :/

Ya maybe down to old age of bike and wear and tear. But it's ok, bro. We all learn as we go along. I just have a few more years under my belt, I think :cool:

8) on e topic of skills, i think sg bikers should consider going for e defensive riding course conducted by e schools. Nsf if i remember correctly gets a 50% discount. It is fun and i find it quite useful. ^^

Yes, yes and yes! :thumb:

Then go to pasir gudang once awhile, pay RM35 and fine tune your skills. Better yet, go up North in real world traffic conditions to improve on skills. Biking is something that needs practice. If we don't expose ourselves to more difficult or challenging conditions, then our skill level will always remain at the same level i.e SG top speed 120km/h :p

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

1000cc maybe impossible. But 600cc stock? Is it possible without changing e engine? This is just a curiousity question.

No I dont think so...Most 600cc despite having an 50% increase in cc, they are almost 80% more powerful than super 4. eg. 600cc il4 street bikes.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

I do agreed some trips to MY will improve your skill even more with higher speed riding...I guess many had went for trip and travel at higher speed, your brain processes lots of data(We dont realize it)...So once you clear the custom and back on SG road, everything seem to be slow motion at speed of 80-90kph..

Cos your brain suddenly processes a lot less data....I am sure many riders have this kinda of experience...

I dont realized it until I read about an articles regarding faster riders. Faster riders always think a few step more than average riders. So they got much more in reserve and response accordingly.

Gear 4th

Ramsnake: Well, bikers of my time pay more attention to basic things like chassis and suspension set-up, tyres and transmission (chain and sprockets. Chassis, suspension set-up and tyres have a direct effect on the bike's handling and stability in corners and at higher speeds. If you don't take care of these, adding extra horse power will only make the bike more difficult to handle, those more risky/dangerous.

Daniel: wow. I think u put into words things i subconsciously very roughly noe of. ^^

Ramsnake: Nowadays, I find that many bikers go for looks, brand name parts and loud sounding exhausts. They don't really care about the returns in terms of money spent vs. benefits gained. Many just buy and install without doing research to understand why so called performance parts work or if they actually increase performance. Looks and sound good, why not? :)

Daniel: think tat somewat describes me. Lol. Though personally i prefer stock. ^^ not becoz i dun wan. But prefer not to spend e $ and also dun really understand how these things works. ^^

Ramsnake: In the example I quoted, or speed was between 150-180km/h. When Cl2 open throttle, I was able to maintain nearly the same distance behind the first 2 bikes.

Daniel: wa ur filtering spd. 0.o

Ramsnake: BTW, I forgot to add to my last post that if bikers don't even have a good set of protective gear (armoured jacket, leather gloves, boots and helmets), please please don't mod. Some bikers i see on the road have full Akra pipes but wear some $100 helmet and no gloves. Sigh....

Daniel: me again. I do wear jacket but not armoured. Always gloves but not armoured :/helmet also $100. Lol but is e hjc FF promo ^^ and yes. Full akra system. Lol

Ramsnake: But it's ok, bro. We all learn as we go along. I just have a few more years under my belt, I think

Daniel: i think this leaning will be hard for me. Sadly although i like riding but just cant seem to gather interest in e technical/diy area. But i noe e importance of maintaining a bike so bo pian, spend more $. Maybe when i grow older may develop this hobby. But now, no. :/

No I dont think so...Most 600cc despite having an 50% increase in cc, they are almost 80% more powerful than super 4. eg. 600cc il4 street bikes.

Yup, flat out full throttle, 600s will smoke the S4s. Of course, we're referring to supersport 600s and not some 600 cruisers (are there any?). These bikes like the Ninja and GSXR are lighter and the fairings provide aerodynamic benefits. Heavier naked S4s can't compete lah.

Same category comparisons between nakeds and nakeds would put together bikes like the Kawa Er6N and FZ6 against S4s. Same thing applies; full throttle, flat out top speed runs, S4 will lose. However, in mid traffic conditions, and in the hands of same skill level riders, the S4 should be able stay not too far behind (keep up).

I do agreed some trips to MY will improve your skill even more with higher speed riding...I guess many had went for trip and travel at higher speed, your brain processes lots of data(We dont realize it)...So once you clear the custom and back on SG road, everything seem to be slow motion at speed of 80-90kph..

Cos your brain suddenly processes a lot less data....I am sure many riders have this kinda of experience...

I dont realized it until I read about an articles regarding faster riders. Faster riders always think a few step more than average riders. So they got much more in reserve and response accordingly.

You're absolutely right, @hachi. Skill levels with definitely improve the more we practice riding at higher speeds. This is part of training our mind to respond faster to the road conditions and traffic. By riding in mid traffic conditions, we also learn to predict what the cars in front are going to do. The more we ride the better we become. It's called conditioning or hard-wiring the body's response/reflexes to what our brain process as we ride. No short cuts, unfortunately.

Daniel: i think this leaning will be hard for me. Sadly although i like riding but just cant seem to gather interest in e technical/diy area. But i noe e importance of maintaining a bike so bo pian, spend more $. Maybe when i grow older may develop this hobby. But now, no. :/

It's ok if you don't have the interest as far as the technical/diy area is concerned. Like you say, just have to pay more so a reliable mech can take care of the (bike) for you. All you need to do then is just ride... :)

wow ramsnake and danielling1981 ,

u two de conversation has gave me some eager for knowledge.

i also wish i could find someone or someplace that teaches self diy of their own bikes and tuning also.

dont mind paying for it as long as price still reasonable. any lobang?

ramsnake bro want to be my mentor? hahaha

You are so making me miss my GSXR:cry:

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

I am comparing naked bikes with naked bike...If you are talking about super sport then the increase in bhp shall be more than 100%. I also misses my R6...hahahaha

Gear 4th

Haha. Go for it ah! If you don't have other burdens! If only i picked up biking two years earlier! :( i too would want to own a ducati monster.

? Is it u not yet cls2? Or other commitments?

I think it is possible to consider slowly save up. ^^ when theres a will theres a way!!

i also wish i could find someone or someplace that teaches self diy of their own bikes and tuning also.

Ya discussion is a fun way of learning. Then again maybe becoz i like to read. And reading forums is usually easier than reading a manual. ^^

For me i believe in teaching = learning. On e same note, sharing, discussion, etc is also learning. And when theres someone more knowledgeable willing to share, I'll "pick his/her brains" ^^

i think for diy maintainence a few years back sbf got a group tat teachs change eo and spark plugs for free. ^^ can try searching in e "hands on" forum.

? Is it u not yet cls2? Or other commitments?

I think it is possible to consider slowly save up. ^^ when theres a will theres a way!!

U mean i not cls2 yet or sparkers? Haha. I'm still a class2b p plater LOL! Sry if i talk like i already own a super4. Hahaha. Oh i managed to learn how to do simple servicing like change eo, spark plugs, horns on my pulsar already. But not sure whether i will be able to do a super4 or not. Didn't really have a chance to fiddle around with a s4. :) btw, i can enrol for 2a on 8th june. So... Damn excited! Muahaha

U mean i not cls2 yet or sparkers? Haha. I'm still a class2b p plater LOL! Sry if i talk like i already own a super4. Hahaha. Oh i managed to learn how to do simple servicing like change eo, spark plugs, horns on my pulsar already. But not sure whether i will be able to do a super4 or not. Didn't really have a chance to fiddle around with a s4. :) btw, i can enrol for 2a on 8th june. So... Damn excited! Muahaha

hi strongbow, please do let me know what's the TP waiting time for 2A, when you know k?

I'm enrolling first thing in the morning of 15 June! The wait is excruciating!

Thanks bud! and yes, the revo is a very nice bike.

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

hi strongbow, please do let me know what's the TP waiting time for 2A, when you know k?

I'm enrolling first thing in the morning of 15 June! The wait is excruciating!

Thanks bud! and yes, the revo is a very nice bike.

Hi kelena. If u are taking ur 2a at bbdc. U will be able to check the tp test date at their website. For now it states that the next test date available is at 13th august! For other schools im not sure! Are u looking to buy a revo too?

Hi kelena. If u are taking ur 2a at bbdc. U will be able to check the tp test date at their website. For now it states that the next test date available is at 13th august! For other schools im not sure! Are u looking to buy a revo too?

yeah, I read that too, I dont really seem to trust the test dates posted in the website though..I called BBDC, they said the dates are just for reference only. (which I guess as much)

I'm taking it at BBDC too, it's so near my workplace. and yes, I'm looking for a REVO too. but no rush, cuz with the recent waiting times, I have all the time in the world to see^2 look^2.

=)

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

yeah, I read that too, I dont really seem to trust the test dates posted in the website though..I called BBDC, they said the dates are just for reference only. (which I guess as much)

I'm taking it at BBDC too, it's so near my workplace. and yes, I'm looking for a REVO too. but no rush, cuz with the recent waiting times, I have all the time in the world to see^2 look^2.

=)

Haha nice. Anyway just go take and try to faster clear the courses. Then, faster book tp. Nothing much else to do haha. Coool! Quite a few ppl i see selling on the forum! Good luck with ur see see look look

Haha. Go for it ah! If you don't have other burdens!

U mean i not cls2 yet or sparkers?

:sian:I see these 2 post i :faint::faint::faint:

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Hahaha.... no need so formal to be mentor or whatever lah. Just share and learn here lor. BTW, I am also still learning hor. Plenty of bikers with better skills than me out there...

A bit busy at the moment but will organise meet ups soon so can chit chat over coffee.

I am comparing naked bikes with naked bike...If you are talking about super sport then the increase in bhp shall be more than 100%. I also misses my R6...hahahaha

@SparkerS1 & @hachi

I believe once a biker always a biker, guys. I'm sure you'll be riding those bikes or better ones again one day. Meanwhile, our S4 Revo is perfect!

This just highlights one of the points I was trying to drive home in my posts. We've got to set our priorities right because biking can be an addictive and expensive hobby. Just don't go beyond our means. Must also budget for house lah, GF lah, later got kids and all that! LOL...

Ya discussion is a fun way of learning. Then again maybe becoz i like to read. And reading forums is usually easier than reading a manual. ^^

For me i believe in teaching = learning. On e same note, sharing, discussion, etc is also learning. And when theres someone more knowledgeable willing to share, I'll "pick his/her brains" ^^

i think for diy maintainence a few years back sbf got a group tat teachs change eo and spark plugs for free. ^^ can try searching in e "hands on" forum.

Eh, I also like to read :)

I find that I do pick up quite a lot of info from magazines. My favourite is Fast Bikes from the UK. Other than reviews and tests of new bikes, they regularly feature used bikes as well. They also have sections called "Masterclass on Riding Skills" + MasterClass for Technical DIY. These are quite informative.

Nowadays new bikers are so fortunate to have the web space. Google DIY videos for basic stuff and you'll find there's lots to learn.

Bro, consider yourself having better DIY skills than most. All those things you can do on the Pulsar, it's the same basic procedures for the S4. Just need to make sure you have the tools for the S4 job and also figuring out how to dismantle the tank for plug and air-box access and you're good to go.

I've taken pictures of the tank removal procedures but please give me some time to type and upload ok? :cool:

:sian:I see these 2 post i :faint::faint::faint:

haha why :faint: sparkers bro? lolll. i duno the other guy talking about me or u mah xD

and yeaaa since want something within your reach why not go for it!? =)

Hahaha.... no need so formal to be mentor or whatever lah. Just share and learn here lor. BTW, I am also still learning hor. Plenty of bikers with better skills than me out there...

A bit busy at the moment but will organise meet ups soon so can chit chat over coffee.

Bro, consider yourself having better DIY skills than most. All those things you can do on the Pulsar, it's the same basic procedures for the S4. Just need to make sure you have the tools for the S4 job and also figuring out how to dismantle the tank for plug and air-box access and you're good to go.

I've taken pictures of the tank removal procedures but please give me some time to type and upload ok? :cool:

sure sure no rush, take all the time u need. haha.

i think s4 will be different from pulsar la. pulsar was really easy.

as for s4, there will be the radiator which pulsar dont have and also have to dismantle the tank like you said. but still i will try my best to pick up as i go. haha.