SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF Yamaha Nouvo

bikeagain

i find the stock seat very nice already so not intending to change it.. i like the stock one,haha..

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo MX - Sep 2006

Honda CB400 Spec II - Nov 2007

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - Oct 2008

Suzuki GSXR 600 K6 - June 2009

Gilera Fuoco 500 - Dec 2009

Honda CB1000R - July 2011

Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight - Dec 2012 (Current)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i already changed the tires at wing yap.. dunlop.. but i only change the rear tyre..

Dunlop TT900? if it is, pls check if yours is made in Japan & if got state 'FOR FRONT WHEEL USE ONLY'? why never change your front?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

28-31 is a vast difference from 40-41 region.

and may i know the price of it when u first bought it?

i bought 2nd hand 6 months old for 3k+. brand new is 5k. my friend just bought his last month.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

i bought mine during the expensive COE (1.4k),otr cost me bout 6k plus,plus sub rider total 7k plus..

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo MX - Sep 2006

Honda CB400 Spec II - Nov 2007

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - Oct 2008

Suzuki GSXR 600 K6 - June 2009

Gilera Fuoco 500 - Dec 2009

Honda CB1000R - July 2011

Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight - Dec 2012 (Current)

hi bros!

My bike has been having this high rev sounding problem ever since i changed the piston a few months back.

i've changed e belt, auto clutch, ball bearings.

EO changed religiously.

it no longer starts off fast and tends to have a pull back feeling at 80km/hr.

Help?

Dunlop TT900? if it is, pls check if yours is made in Japan & if got state 'FOR FRONT WHEEL USE ONLY'? why never change your front?

never change front cuz only rear tyre puntured.. front tyres still good, only used for less than 2 mths..

Edited by alifk69

never change front cuz only rear tyre puntured.. front tyres still good, only used for less than 2 mths..

I've 2 questions,

1. Then did u check whether they have Dunlop TT900 70/90-16 for your front?
  2. And the rear tire you're using now, does it state (FOR FRONT WHEEL USE ONLY)?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

I've 2 questions,

1. Then did u check whether they have Dunlop TT900 70/90-16 for your front?
  2. And the rear tire you're using now, does it state (FOR FRONT WHEEL USE ONLY)?

1. when changing my rear tyres 2 days ago, nope, cuz i asked them 2 weeks ago and they said they have. also uncle keong (the mechanic) asked me if i wanna change the front too.. so i assume they have stocks for it.

2. no it doesnt.. it states DUNLOP in huge letters.. the rest are the normal cr@p you find on tyres..

haiyah.. so many qtns.. u dont believe go to wing yap and ask them lah.. i realize that the shops here wont entertain PM and posts.. at most they will reply "call so-an-so and he will give you more details"

not a good idea to change to 17 inches for auto bikes.. there will be lesser manouverability and lesser power..

:)

thats why i wanna convert to 17inch rims actually. its too nimble for my personal liking. power wise, i think i'll prolly lose a bit of pickup and gain a bit of top speed. i think i can live with that. anybody here did the conversion before? i just wanna know how much it'll cost me.

thats why i wanna convert to 17inch rims actually. its too nimble for my personal liking. power wise, i think i'll prolly lose a bit of pickup and gain a bit of top speed. i think i can live with that. anybody here did the conversion before? i just wanna know how much it'll cost me.

oic.. but i dunno if the top speed got affected.. nuovo has already has a low top speed..

my guess is abt 200-250 total, for the rims and tyres.. but depends on wat kind of tyres u getting.. thats wat i paid for when i changed my x1 rims + tyres.. racingboy 17inch...

oic.. but i dunno if the top speed got affected.. nuovo has already has a low top speed..

my guess is abt 200-250 total, for the rims and tyres.. but depends on wat kind of tyres u getting.. thats wat i paid for when i changed my x1 rims + tyres.. racingboy 17inch...

wow....thats quite a bit. thanks for the info bro. at least its cheaper than changing it to sports rim which costs $380.

1. when changing my rear tyres 2 days ago, nope, cuz i asked them 2 weeks ago and they said they have. also uncle keong (the mechanic) asked me if i wanna change the front too.. so i assume they have stocks for it.

2. no it doesnt.. it states DUNLOP in huge letters.. the rest are the normal cr@p you find on tyres..

haiyah.. so many qtns.. u dont believe go to wing yap and ask them lah.. i realize that the shops here wont entertain PM and posts.. at most they will reply "call so-an-so and he will give you more details"

thanks a lot. btw, how much u paid for your rear tire?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

hi bros!

My bike has been having this high rev sounding problem ever since i changed the piston a few months back.

i've changed e belt, auto clutch, ball bearings.

EO changed religiously.

it no longer starts off fast and tends to have a pull back feeling at 80km/hr.

Help?

including tow n change spark plugs, abt 70.. after begging for discount.. haha

thats real cheap. cos the dunlop distributor is selling the dunlop tt900 made in japan for $50. free meet up leh....

TEAM RedBull Singapore

thats real cheap. cos the dunlop distributor is selling the dunlop tt900 made in japan for $50. free meet up leh....

really? hmm.. cuz i used tt900 on my x1, and so did most of my friends.. we changed both front n rear for abt $80-$90 incl workmanship.. and i changed the tyres twice during my x1 days.. even now my friend's suzuki hayate just changed to tt900, $40 for front tyres only..

i tink the distributor wanna makan you liao.. haha

really? hmm.. cuz i used tt900 on my x1, and so did most of my friends.. we changed both front n rear for abt $80-$90 incl workmanship.. and i changed the tyres twice during my x1 days.. even now my friend's suzuki hayate just changed to tt900, $40 for front tyres only..

but do notice, theres a difference actually.

one is made in japan, and one is made in thailand.

not sure if the japan ones has the 60/80 though.

do the rollers for this bike need to replace every 20km? looks nice.. im torn in between this nouvo and x1r.

RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011

125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012

PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

sad to say the distributors are my friends. and i suspect your tire to be made in thailand. otherwise i know where they get these cheap tires from le.

TEAM RedBull Singapore