SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF Yamaha Nouvo

bikeagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have u brought your bike to be survey by IDEAC? then proceed to your insurance company to do the report. also go to the police station to record a statement.

Not yet. As it is saturday afternoon 3.30pm that occurred. I called up the AXA insurance and they told me to go on monday from 8am to 5pm at 205 Braddell road, Confort Delgro. The taxi driver called the police and the police mentioned that we can settle on our own. So is it necessary to go to report police?

My License

Class 2B - 23 April 2009

Class 3 - 11 September 2006

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - 12 June 2009

Honda PCX 150 - 24 June 2013 (Current)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69402

It'll be good if you have photos (especially the taxi's folded-in mirror and his right-blinking signal light) but you were probably not in a state to take photos. Any witnesses will be good. Actually the police making the report plays an important part. If you have influenced him that it's the taxi driver's fault when he was onsite making taking the statement and details, you have a case. He will actually try to assess who's fault, take note of skid marks and the way the accident occurred, something like CSI.

Make sure your insurance company has been informed. Nowadays, people like to use lawyers to enhance their case (loss of income, mental damages, etc). If you feel you have a strong case, get a lawyer to represent you.

It's an experience gained the hard way. 2-wheelers always sustain more injuries than others (except pedastrains). So always swallow your ego, be patient and let them go first; knowing that eventually, they'll be stucked in traffic and you'll overtake them.

OK. There was no police as there wasn't any death. Secondly, I did took the photos of the left side mirror of the car but not the right blinking lights as my dad is blocking the right signal light. As for the Insurance company, I will be going down to Comfort Delgro to report to my insurance company as I am under AXA Insurance. I am not getting a lawyer as the taxi driver told me that he will only want to pay for the scratches only. But I am not sure to believe him anot as some taxi drivers are very cunning.

My License

Class 2B - 23 April 2009

My Rides

Not yet. As it is saturday afternoon 3.30pm that occurred. I called up the AXA insurance and they told me to go on monday from 8am to 5pm at 205 Braddell road, Confort Delgro. The taxi driver called the police and the police mentioned that we can settle on our own. So is it necessary to go to report police?

just go to the police to do a record of statement.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

National Day Eve, i'm going up to Cameron Highlands.

On National Day itself, SBF might have a trip To Endau Penyabong. A nice peaceful place to relax. Do look out for it.

Bro bigcow,

I've tried searching for this trip. Cannot find leh? Endau Penyabong is located where ah?

Guys, finally the Nouvo thread is in the scooter section.

we are moved to scooter liao,haha..

Wow! New department already ah? :faint:

OK. There was no police as there wasn't any death. Secondly, I did took the photos of the left side mirror of the car but not the right blinking lights as my dad is blocking the right signal light. As for the Insurance company, I will be going down to Comfort Delgro to report to my insurance company as I am under AXA Insurance. I am not getting a lawyer as the taxi driver told me that he will only want to pay for the scratches only. But I am not sure to believe him anot as some taxi drivers are very cunning.

Bro, sorry to hear that u had sustain another accident.:sian: From my point of view, you have a case here cos "BY LAW" the back vehicle should always keep a constant look out in front for any possible senario. That implies to us also. I think that if the taxi driver happen to knock down a pedestrian crossing in front of the bus, GOOD LUCK to him. Bro, why the police does not wish to get involve was that, no death or serious injuries. You should just note his particular and claim medical expenses and pay up the scrathes BECAUSE if you use your insurance to pay up, your next year premium will cost a BOMB. Sorry i'm late to reply to you.

Guys,

Beside bro bigcow who can't meet up this ND eve, how about the rest of you all? I was thinking that if we could gather enough members here, i would like to post under SBF Scooters gathering also. What say you?

nd eve.. i got bbq at sembawang park.. :angel:

Bro, sorry to hear that u had sustain another accident.:sian: From my point of view, you have a case here cos "BY LAW" the back vehicle should always keep a constant look out in front for any possible senario. That implies to us also. I think that if the taxi driver happen to knock down a pedestrian crossing in front of the bus, GOOD LUCK to him. Bro, why the police does not wish to get involve was that, no death or serious injuries. You should just note his particular and claim medical expenses and pay up the scrathes BECAUSE if you use your insurance to pay up, your next year premium will cost a BOMB. Sorry i'm late to reply to you.

Hi RS,

The police was not involved because there wasn't any serious injuries except for some bruises and bleeding on my hand and I do not want to go to hospital because I feel that I am alright. I will claim medical expenses from him as well as those scratches inflicted on my bike. It is still not too late as I will be settling the accident this afternoon at 4pm.

My License

Class 2B - 23 April 2009

My Rides

The taxi driver say that we settle our own and then that's all. Case closed. He keep insisting that the line i caused on his taxi....

IMG_0029.jpg

My License

Class 2B - 23 April 2009

My Rides

Bro bigcow,

I've tried searching for this trip. Cannot find leh? Endau Penyabong is located where ah?

Wow! New department already ah? :faint:

trip not posted yet. just look out for it. place is after Mersing. 1 way abt 190km. with abt 3 stops.

New department? we're meant to be here in the 1st place. aren't we riding scooters???

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Hi RS,

The police was not involved because there wasn't any serious injuries except for some bruises and bleeding on my hand and I do not want to go to hospital because I feel that I am alright. I will claim medical expenses from him as well as those scratches inflicted on my bike. It is still not too late as I will be settling the accident this afternoon at 4pm.

Police will only attend to cases if there are human injuries or goverment property damage.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

im using below tyres. so far so good. in kl, this is the only branded tyre that is avail in the market. durable n gives u good grip as well

http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/ImageServlet?imageCode=3005&codeSite=LP2R

* Ideally suited to urban use

* Designed to hold the road under a wide range of conditions

If you use your bike mainly for getting around the city, this is your tyre. The Michelin M45 is ready to take on the hazards of the urban jungle: paint stripes, manhole covers, wet cobblestones and the like. Sized for roadsters and customs ranging from 50 to 250cc, the Michelin M45 is your friend in the city.

size

90/80-16 51S

110/90-16 59S

bro.. im heading to kl again this 31st july.. any ideas how much for the tyres with the above size? im planning to get them there then post them back to sg..

bro.. im heading to kl again this 31st july.. any ideas how much for the tyres with the above size? im planning to get them there then post them back to sg..

post? its gonna cost quite a bit. tires are light, but its the volume. since u going there, can hand carry back.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

trip not posted yet. just look out for it. place is after Mersing. 1 way abt 190km. with abt 3 stops.

New department? we're meant to be here in the 1st place. aren't we riding scooters???

:angel: Ya lah. We are riding scooters. I've inform my friends and alikes that they could catch me at the Cubs section earlier. In the midst of physco them of getting a Nouvo lah :).

Gentleman,

I think i'm bit hasty to call up our meeting on ND eve on such a short notice. Thus i'm so sorry for that. However, i would like to raise up that we reschedule it to the last Saturday of August @ 29/08/09 for our official meetup. For this, i hope that there will be of ample time for us to organise it. Any seconder for this proposal? Do we still want to have a meet up with the rest of SingaporeBikes.Scooters on that day itself?

Anticipating a favourable reply i remain.

Thanks.

Apparently, he sqeeuze me one mah.

Bro, i could call it that day it's bad luck for you. Just pay him up the $100 and end it. My concern for you is that with this issue if you use your insurance to compensate him, your next premium renewal is going to cost you dearly. I do understand that your concern was that he apparently squeezed you. His argument will be that you cut his lane prior overtaking the bus, from what i see where the line marking are. It's just my two cents worth of advise.