SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF WaveRider

ZoRoM

It mixes well if u adhere strictly to the maintenance schedule and use original parts.

That, in all honesty, I will not follow. How to ride a standard bike? For a start, tyres will be a different brand already... brake pads, rims, exhaust, chain, lightings, etc. Just my one cent lah~~~

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will never be as economical as compared to wave...

U're as good as saying Buell are reliable...

Now, how true is that... I keep wanting to change or buy another faster, bigger cc bike but my wallet says Wave is still cheaper to maintain. :D

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Isn't it 2-strokers are the easiest to maintain?

Nope! If it was, i would have bought the 125z instead of my Raider! Its confirmed by other 2-stroke owners too (e.g. NSR, KIPS). Due to the engine design, the internal of the 2-stroke(which uses petrol mixed with 2T lubricant to lubricate the parts) are usually worn out faster than 4-stroke parts. Thus, many 2-stroke bikes have to do regular internal overhaul, de-carbon....

All in all, the maintenance cost & effort of a 2-stroke bike is higher than 4-stroke. That's the price you pay for power! Frankly, you could just go for a bigger cc bike without the pollution and problem of 2T.

In summary, that's why more & more pple are switching to 4-stroke.

Give it all your best & a little bit more...:angel:

Nope! If it was, i would have bought the 125z instead of my Raider! Its confirmed by other 2-stroke owners too (e.g. NSR, KIPS). Due to the engine design, the internal of the 2-stroke(which uses petrol mixed with 2T lubricant to lubricate the parts) are usually worn out faster than 4-stroke parts. Thus, many 2-stroke bikes have to do regular internal overhaul, de-carbon....

All in all, the maintenance cost & effort of a 2-stroke bike is higher than 4-stroke. That's the price you pay for power! Frankly, you could just go for a bigger cc bike without the pollution and problem of 2T.

In summary, that's why more & more pple are switching to 4-stroke.

How do you rate the RXK and RXZ by comparison to the KR and NSR? It's easy to change pistons and rings and the cost is not expensive IMO.

How time flies...

Used one about 3 yr old going about $2.5k+/- Some Raider owners from this forum are selling theirs. I know GHC used to have one. Now don't know if they still have it.

Price like a Spark135, not?

How time flies...

guys, I am selling Aprilia RS125 front and rear Brakes with Master Cylinders. Great mod for ur bikes, better braking and looks good. Have a look and if u guys are interested, drop me a PM with your contact number. I will get back to u within an hour. thanks.

Aprilia RS125 Front & Rear Brakes with Master Cylinders

Selling Aprilia Front, Rear Brakes & Dellorto 34mm Carb !

Selling Aprilia Parts!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/304715-WTS-Aprilia-Front-amp-Rear-Brakes-Full-Set-amp-Dellorto-34mm-Carb!

PM me for more info! :cheeky:

Moderator should do something to spammer...

It's getting more and more out of hand...

Got spam wor~~~? I suppose it has been removed. I don't see anything here. :)

How time flies...

That, in all honesty, I will not follow. How to ride a standard bike? For a start, tyres will be a different brand already... brake pads, rims, exhaust, chain, lightings, etc. Just my one cent lah~~~

U got me wrong.

I didn't say use only OEM parts.

I said use original parts.

Example are like those from reputable manufacturers.

Give u example.

Racing Boy not chiong parts also.

They are an original company producing original Racing Boy parts.

But cannot compare their sport rims to that of Enkei right ?

Or their stainless steel brake hose to that of Hel or Spielger right ?

I dunno about smaller cc bikes though.

But for big bikes.....OEM brake pads are almost as good as aftermarket ones.

And sometimes cheaper too.

U got me wrong.

I didn't say use only OEM parts.

I said use original parts.

Example are like those from reputable manufacturers.

Give u example.

Racing Boy not chiong parts also.

They are an original company producing original Racing Boy parts.

But cannot compare their sport rims to that of Enkei right ?

Or their stainless steel brake hose to that of Hel or Spielger right ?

I dunno about smaller cc bikes though.

But for big bikes.....OEM brake pads are almost as good as aftermarket ones.

And sometimes cheaper too.

U got me wrong too. I was referring to standard/stock vs modded/performance parts. I just cannot ride a standard bike.... for long. :cheeky:

How time flies...

where can i find a second hand leo vince scoot?been searching the forum but no luck,help anybody,thanks.

Btw why i can post stuff on the garage sales?i have wave items to let go..

Happy searching... not gonna be easy to find one.

U stay at Chin Swee Road? Previously, I stayed there too at Blk 52. Pearls' Hill School, Tong Chai Medical Centre, Popular Bookshop,.... oh, my childhood memories~~~ :)

How time flies...

where can i find a second hand leo vince scoot?been searching the forum but no luck,help anybody,thanks.

Btw why i can post stuff on the garage sales?i have wave items to let go..

How much are you offering? Maybe I will let go mine (:

Thinking of using standard kopek pipe. Hehehe

U got me wrong too. I was referring to standard/stock vs modded/performance parts. I just cannot ride a standard bike.... for long. :cheeky:

Which reputable company manufactures perfomance parts for Wave ?

I can only think of Leo Vince & Hel(including other top of the line brake hoses) off the top of my head......

is keihin the original carb for wave 125s? thanx..

june2005-sept2007 = kawasaki krr150 class2b- may2005- 1st attempt

nov2007-nov2008= gilera vxr200 class2a-oct2008- 1st attempt

nov2007-mar11= suzuki alto (car) class3-dec2006- 1st attempt

dec2009-oct2010= yamaha rxz135

oct10-june11= wave125s

july11-present = yamaha 125z

:cheers: : :cheers:

hey guys, just got a 2nd hand wave x, just one year old bike..

got a few questions to ask.. whats the average total mileage a wave can go?

the tank is only about 3litres.. and i can go a total of upto 120km before it dies off.. normal?

heh, sorry but havent been riding a 2b bike for some time..

and, ive changed coil, rectifier and battery 4 times.. but, i still have problems with ignition..

all this within a month..

everytime i dont start the bike over the weekend, come monday.. it wont work.. and i have to change everything again..

luckily, the shop changes everything for free.. if not i die liaoo..

what do you guys think is the problem?

i'm really getting frustrated.. and thinking of selling it off and buying the older wave models instead..

congrats on your wave,for me nw 3l can go 148km,cos of sport rims,rider weight,box,centre basket,mine

first problem with the bike was batt went dead,finally found out that the box light has blown a fuse,i changed

and removed the light no problems.

1 is too much and a 1000 is never enuf