SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF WaveRider

ZoRoM

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just checking, I want to change my stock spoke rim to sport rim as I am currently riding a Wave R with rear disc brake. Any idea what is the cost and where to install in sg or jb. Thanks in advance.

Hello, are you there......

Just checking, I want to change my stock spoke rim to sport rim as I am currently riding a Wave R with rear disc brake. Any idea what is the cost and where to install in sg or jb. Thanks in advance.

@Boon6600, I'm riding the exact same model and managed to get it done at JB, tried asking around in SG and all said don't have.. You can contact me at 9o6o823o for more details as I'm seldom online..

@Boon6600, I'm riding the exact same model and managed to get it done at JB, tried asking around in SG and all said don't have.. You can contact me at 9o6o823o for more details as I'm seldom online..

Hey guys!! I too ride a Wave R with rear disc brake. Mine is fully stock.

I frequent a certain shop in JB. And their shop's pricing for Racing Boy sport rims is RM230 (no discount). That's about $92. Of course if you buy other stuff, you can ask for discount on the total bill. I'm sure Ardian's recommended place would be great too. So just giving more options. Who knows, he might've gotten his sport rims at the same shop?

Still hoping can check out confusehaha's pics of his self installed USB charging point.

hi guys, wanna check with u all. my bike when moving at certain speed, there will be this bell sound (those bell u put on ur pet collar) on the right side. what might be the cause?

chain just tightened btw.

I've experienced a light bell sounds before that mostly comes from the right side of my bike when I'm riding (or so I thought it was from the right side) Here's some of my experiences. I hope it helps in some way.

1) 1st time I heard a ringing bell like sound when I rode was when my piston ring was loose. Only knew this when I went to the workshop and described what I heard. Mechanic revved my engine and said my piston ring is loose. He fixed it.

2) 2nd time I heard a constant bell sound when riding, I was afraid it was the piston ring loose again. But it shouldn't wear out so fast. When I slowed down the ringing stopped. When I sped up it came back. The second day, I found out that it was my keys hitting against my metal basket. #Goondu. I now have a leather keychain with my keys, it helps by not allowing my keys to hit or bump against my metal basket.

3) 3rd time I heard a ringing sound was a random day after working night shift. Heading home. A very weird ringing sound, more like a "cling cling" sound. Very constant. Also more to the right side of the bike. I didn't think it was engine problem, again when I slowed down the sound disappeared so I checked my keys. Nope, not the keys hitting anything. So I looked down at my basket nothing was there except my helmet bag.

But the sound would come back every time I sped up. Took me a few mins to find out that there was a penknife from work in my basket it was covered by my helmet bag so I didn't see it. #Goondux2

4) 4th time was when I went exploring in Lim Chu Kang area, passed a certain area that I thought I heard a bell sound. So I checked my keys. My basket was empty. I would randomly slow down and speed up to check, but the bell sound would be heard at random times. Only every now and then during that 2 hour exploring lim chu kang to Kranji, did I hear the bell sound. I hope that bell sound didn't follow you either. #Gdluck.

Edited by liquidviperx

I've experienced a light bell sounds before that mostly comes from the right side of my bike when I'm riding (or so I thought it was from the right side) Here's some of my experiences. I hope it helps in some way.

1) 1st time I heard a ringing bell like sound when I rode was when my piston ring was loose. Only knew this when I went to the workshop and described what I heard. Mechanic revved my engine and said my piston ring is loose. He fixed it.

2) 2nd time I heard a constant bell sound when riding, I was afraid it was the piston ring loose again. But it shouldn't wear out so fast. When I slowed down the ringing stopped. When I sped up it came back. The second day, I found out that it was my keys hitting against my metal basket. #Goondu. I now have a leather keychain with my keys, it helps by not allowing my keys to hit or bump against my metal basket.

3) 3rd time I heard a ringing sound was a random day after working night shift. Heading home. A very weird ringing sound, more like a "cling cling" sound. Very constant. Also more to the right side of the bike. I didn't think it was engine problem, again when I slowed down the sound disappeared so I checked my keys. Nope, not the keys hitting anything. So I looked down at my basket nothing was there except my helmet bag.

But the sound would come back every time I sped up. Took me a few mins to find out that there was a penknife from work in my basket it was covered by my helmet bag so I didn't see it. #Goondux2

4) 4th time was when I went exploring in Lim Chu Kang area, passed a certain area that I thought I heard a bell sound. So I checked my keys. My basket was empty. I would randomly slow down and speed up to check, but the bell sound would be heard at random times. Only every now and then during that 2 hour exploring lim chu kang to Kranji, did I hear the bell sound. I hope that bell sound didn't follow you either. #Gdluck.

lol to 2,3,4! for tightening of piston ring, need to do top overhaul is it? Whats the damage? thx.

Hey guys!! I too ride a Wave R with rear disc brake. Mine is fully stock.

I frequent a certain shop in JB. And their shop's pricing for Racing Boy sport rims is RM230 (no discount). That's about $92. Of course if you buy other stuff, you can ask for discount on the total bill. I'm sure Ardian's recommended place would be great too. So just giving more options. Who knows, he might've gotten his sport rims at the same shop?

Still hoping can check out confusehaha's pics of his self installed USB charging point.

RM230? wth...

It was just only a few years ago (maybe 3++ ?) that I asked around at JB for the 8 legged Racing Boy rims... it was RM180... then it went up to RM200 then RM210...

This must be the ah gua lane pricings?

just my $0.02 :angel:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

True.. true...

actually quite common amongst cub riders...

happened to me too (except No. 1, and of course, No. 4)

If I may add,

5) heard a ringing sound (akin to the dry clutch of the Ducatis) everytime the bike moves off/in motion. Randomly slowing down to check, only to confirm that it came from the pillion foot rest (it was those self/auto flipping ones that are made of all metal - in this case, on one side the metal springs that held them in the flip "up" position was already loose, causing the continually knocking at high vibrations causing the sound). Btw, it was loud enough for fellow riders to hear it! :slapforehead:

Just my $0.02 :angel:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

RM230? wth...

It was just only a few years ago (maybe 3++ ?) that I asked around at JB for the 8 legged Racing Boy rims... it was RM180... then it went up to RM200 then RM210...

This must be the ah gua lane pricings?

just my $0.02 :angel:

This quote wasn't from ah gua lane. Maybe should go there and ask around for quotes as well. kickarse you go to any workshops in JB before?

Seniors, how much does it cost to change chain and spocket ah? No need high end stiff, just middle range will do. Hehehe. And also when you guys do servicing right, normally what do you guys do other than change engine oil. Sorry, real noob.

sprocket and chain 1 set ard $50.