SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF WaveRider

ZoRoM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys, can intro any bikeshop doing good and affordable overhaul of engine?

was quoted 480$ 2 days job to overhaul engine piston, conrod, bearing clutchplates etc.

Where was that? I would say planet moto at ubi. But i nv did my overhaul b4...

It�s always, "Which tyre is good on WET?" Why not ask, "Which road is good when WET?"

"My Ride, My Pride"

it's at small Mah opp sim lim. i used to frequent planet but too many bikes servicing there. so might take much longer to finish the job.

Nope as i said b4 Its at UBI...

Shop name is Planet Moto, not Small Mah.

Any gud mech will produce a long queue bro. I've yet to find a trusty gud mech that does not hv a queue.

If u do, dont forget to share aite. ☺

It�s always, "Which tyre is good on WET?" Why not ask, "Which road is good when WET?"

"My Ride, My Pride"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Can I check much EO do you guys top the bike up with after every oil change?

Also, could there possibly be any serious engine damage for riding about 5km low(400-500ml) on oil?

I rode for a bit of distance with insufficient oil after my most recent oil change the night before. After travelling about 5k to the makan destination, I realised that the 1 litre bottle still had about half of its oil remaining after realising it felt heavier than usual. So, I topped it up until the bottle had approximately a quarter left before I rode home and parked.

I just took the bike out today and it feels rougher and sounds noisier than before the oil change for some reason. Did feel anything during that 5km or after topping up and coming home though.

Could there possibly be any serious engine damage for riding that 5km low on oil and that the symptoms show up only now?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Can I check much EO do you guys top the bike up with after every oil change?

Also, could there possibly be any serious engine damage for riding about 5km low(400-500ml) on oil?

I rode for a bit of distance with insufficient oil after my most recent oil change the night before. After travelling about 5k to the makan destination, I realised that the 1 litre bottle still had about half of its oil remaining after realising it felt heavier than usual. So, I topped it up until the bottle had approximately a quarter left before I rode home and parked.

I just took the bike out today and it feels rougher and sounds noisier than before the oil change for some reason. Did feel anything during that 5km or after topping up and coming home though.

Could there possibly be any serious engine damage for riding that 5km low on oil and that the symptoms show up only now?

Thanks!

Ive been putting a liter of EO for all my oil change...

If u mention uve been riding will lesser eo then u should, then the question would be how bad has the damage been?

Best to head dwn to ur trusted mech n let him hv a listen to ur engine.

Hope its nothing too serious.

"My Ride, My Pride"

Hey i got a question.. any of you guys ever experience EO leaking from the bottom..What's the cause of that? TIA

Is probably the engine oil drain thread has worn. Easy and cheap solution is to wrap a few round of the white tape that can be common seen on tap on to your drain bolt during your oil change. follow by tighten it back.

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another major damage after 2 years, 2years actually is acceptable lah. Haha this time round I went to WK motor sport beside the Malay restaurant at end of AGL. This time round I don't want to go to JB AH boy anymore. Always got problem they are full with accessories but workmanship not good. They just want your money, don't have parts which fits ur bike also they tailor modify to fit, but end up is affecting your ride. WK motor sport is different, i went there every thing modified he ask me to take out, say is useless but only for looks.

15th oct

Maxxis 70/90 80/90 240RM (SG tt900 already $99, maxxis even better but it only cost 94)

Wheel bearing x4 60RM (I was charge 60sgd for 2 pairs of bearing before)

Brakepads front 20RM (SG change $15)

Brake pads rear 25RM (SG change $25)

Full coverset 240RM (SG Ah boy $105)

Meter coverset 45RM (I dunno sg selling how much)

Handlebar 65RM (I not sure sg how much)

Throttle wire 25RM

Signal Light 24RM

Headlights 55RM

Mirror 40RM

Clutch spring 45RM

Clutch plate 130RM

Spark plug 7RM

Motul 300v 75RM

Service carburetor 25RM

Chain & sprocket 90RM (SG charge me $55)

Airhorn bosch c/w wiring & switch 90RM

Paddle 10RM

FAITO Chains lube X2 25RM

(Light bulbs & screws & osram headlight blulb)

19oct

Steering cone 140RM (SG charge me $70)

Jet fork 75RM

Brake plate front 85RM

Brake pump kit RM

Definitely cheaper then sg, but still acceptable for me. Spending ard $600 for 2 years of 0 maintenance, of course basic like EO N SPARKPLUG MUST change lah. My Fairing all cracked cos my carpark is open one, so rain and shine all cracked even the headlight and signal light also cracked.

18/9

Motul 300 $17

Wash carb $6

Denso sparkplug $5

Black grip $18

Basket $20

Black coverset plus installation $118

Givi box plus base plate $55

Leo vince scoot $299

Lta pipe inspection $79

Exhaust anti theft screw $70

Exhaust pipe protrctor R&G $60

pop domino thailand absorber $155

racing boy lever $32

footpeg front n back $25

helbrake hose $50

this is damage to me after 1 month i took over my bike. when to yishun tune in and jb ah boy. some items is way expensive i know but i just do it because i cant reallly have time to hunt and time to waste. haha i ask thr bike shop have this have that ? they say have i just do.

Yamaha 125z July 2008 - June 2012

Honda Wave 125r Sept 2012 - Nov 2015

Yamaha RXZ 135 Nov 2015 - present :thumb:

I skided and my front fork was bend. So need to use machine to press it back. It won't go 100% str8 but at least a 90% no modification internally at all.

Thanks for the detailed list of ur services u did on ur bike.

Cld i kwn wats;

Jet fork?

And u did no modifications to the engine?

Hws the ride?

Thx for sharing...

http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/20068/2006881112198c6d3b8dda1b82220dc1a8b0be0f.jpg

My pop domino absorber leaked, bought a YSS absorber from YSS factory in Thailand on April 2014, now can mount on my bike already. YSS original indeed is better quality then aftermarket YSS which I use on my previous 125z.

http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/20068/2006881112198c6d3b8dda1b82220dc1a8b0be0f.jpg

My pop domino absorber leaked, bought a YSS absorber from YSS factory in Thailand on April 2014, now can mount on my bike already. YSS original indeed is better quality then aftermarket YSS which I use on my previous 125z.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone ever installed air horns to your Wave?

Yes, but only expenerience mech will install. Because wave very very small inside those mech who dunno will tell u cant. Mine has install bosch air horn with a 2 way swtich. I go inspection i seitch to normal horn. Ehen on the road i will use air horn. Mount 1 pair. Go AGL last shop WK motorsport. They install bosch air horn with wire and switch and wiring workmanship 100Rm

anyone tried installing Strebel air horns?

if installed externally, will rain water easily damage the unit?

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Hello bros, need help. When i change from gear 1 to 2, there's a temp drop in power initially. Like 1 to 2 secs. Then it continues normally. Any idea why?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2141795&id=623245868&ref=fbx_album&fbid=95772430868#!/photo.php?pid=2141795&id=623245868&ref=fbx_album&fbid=95772430868