SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Class 2B Learners' Thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe the First Circuit Orientation no need bring the helmet everything right?

Yup. Just remember to bring your booklet for stamping.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Just enrolled for 2B. Got a car license already and now going for a bike license. For the first Circuit Orientation, what do I need to bring along? Also does the clutch biting point for a bike feels the same vibration and such as a car clutch biting point?

Honestly, I'm so enthusiastic to go for my lesson to be honest. I've seeing people ride and such my NS mates and such really interest hence I decided to enroll 2B. I read the Handbook for Motorcycle Rider, I try to imagine the clutch,gearing and throttle but it seems so much for than a car. Any tips even though I've not ride or tried a bike before? Like example, usually for car last time, I would accelerate a bit and then release clutch to prevent any kind of engine stall, can this be applied to bikes too?

Thanks.

I'm learning class 3 manual so I can say the vibrations for bike at biting point are relatively negligible compared to a car's. Car one is like a lion growling whereas the bike is like a cat's meow :p

As for tips, I have a thread from my experience at SSDC: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/460117-SSDC-Class-2B-Experience-2015

Edited by ocping

I have a step by step guide on my experience taking my 2B license at BBDC

http://sgmotorlicense.blogspot.sg/?m=1

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk

Nice blog! Keep it up!

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi hi, I guess the 2B learners here have all gotten their license and happy on a bike already? I just started in Oct and I'm sucking at it. Can't seem to control the bike well and unable to pass Lesson 2. Have gone a few times and failed. Feeling disheartened and wondering if I should give up.... sigh...I've always dreamed of riding a bike but at this rate....doesn't seem it's gonna happen.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi hi, I guess the 2B learners here have all gotten their license and happy on a bike already? I just started in Oct and I'm sucking at it. Can't seem to control the bike well and unable to pass Lesson 2. Have gone a few times and failed. Feeling disheartened and wondering if I should give up.... sigh...I've always dreamed of riding a bike but at this rate....doesn't seem it's gonna happen.

Hello! Dont be dishearten.. everytime you fail you learn something new.. for the first few lesson i think its all about the clutch control.. feel how much u need to let go everytime to move the bike.. trust urself and the bike a lil more. i'm sure you can do it eventually.. we've been through what you did too 👍🏼

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have failed lesson 2 a couple of times too, it is indeed disheartening especially when you see those taking with you advancing fast into other stages, but I didn't give up in the end and manage to pass it after 6 tries. Always have faith in yourself you can do it and you will succeed :goodluck:.

• 1 month later...
I just enrolled class 2b at ssdc, i heard the sch helm very smelly and i should get my own helmet, any recommended shop ? Thinking to get 1 good one can use it after I pass also

go to helmetboys to get your helmet, guards etc. just use a normal inexpensive helmet with psb sticker will do.

Hi anybody willing to sell me their RTT slot at CDC in may. My rtt slot is on 2 June 2018 which is soo long and ive completed my all pracs recently. Unable to book TP until ive attemp RTT. We can trade our slot. Ill pay $15-20 for this. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

Just a question to ask. Took 2B way back in 2011 but quit going for lesson due to other commitments. Now am re-enrolling again and very determined to get my license now.

Back then, they only allowed open face helmets. But currently does the rule still apply? Was thinking of investing in a FF helmet to use for long term, rather than getting an open face and letting it rot one corner after getting the license.

Am taking my lesson at CDC if that helps.

Thanks and regards.