SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do you know how to break in your new Bike (Engine)

johntan

Originally posted by gucci@Jan 15 2006, 02:36 PM

and i will buy ur bike 3 yr later for 40 sing dollars.. i m saving money now. i am sexually craved. so finding 4 ur gixxer. hahaha

Wah, if WW accepts your offer of $40, then I up the price. I'm willing to buy it from him for $50... :cheeky: If you are sexually craved, go find a woman lah gucci. You want WW's Gixxer for what? To release your craving at the exhaust pipe ah? :lol: :faint:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Aie@Jan 15 2006, 04:00 PM

Wah, if WW accepts your offer of $40, then I up the price. I'm willing to buy it from him for $50... :cheeky: If you are sexually craved, go find a woman lah gucci. You want WW's Gixxer for what? To release your craving at the exhaust pipe ah? :lol: :faint:

sorry ah u offer 50 oso no use. this is a deal between us oni.. :deal: i not sexually craved BUT "if sex was a gixxer u would not worry about performance" le.. i love that quote:thumb: :thumb: dunno it is his original quote or not it sure get my attention. that quote better than pimps advertising their women:thumb:

Originally posted by gucci@Jan 15 2006, 08:04 PM

sorry ah u offer 50 oso no use. this is a deal between us oni.. :deal: i not sexually craved BUT "if sex was a gixxer u would not worry about performance" le.. i love that quote:thumb: :thumb: dunno it is his original quote or not it sure get my attention. that quote better than pimps advertising their women:thumb:

Talking about pimps advertising their women, I remembered a long time ago when I was approached by a pimp and he offered his girls to me. He said these words when I brushed him away, "Abang, you can break my heart but can you bear to break the girl's heart?" I laughed while walking away man. I thought that his quote was original and refreshing to hear. :lol:

Honestly, quite a lot of ppls here r WW supporter. I'm one of them who r not supporter of his. I think u guys have seen too much theory on hard run in n dunno much things abt hard run it.

If I put a normal run in bike n a hard run in bike 2gether even at 2 years at d millage of 30000km, U shall see hw much wear n tear on a hard run in bike. I personally work in motortiam b4 n I have seen too much bad things happen on a hard run in method rather than a normal run in method.

I personally disagree in hard break in for new bike. WW n d rest of d gangs, pls dun misslead those newbies. If U say hard run in is gd, then Y agent dun recommend hard break it? If u do hard break in n d bike agent found it out u have done it tat way, d warrantly given will be voided. Trust me...

i think the reason why the manufacture will never ask the owner to run in the bike hard is tat from the manufacturer's point of view, it will save them from unnecessary warranty claim.. to advice owner to do a hard run in, i guess the no. of owner exercisin their warranty will be much much more than the no. who are adviced to do a soft run in.

so even if it's true tat hard run-in will give better performance (i'm neutral), i guess the manufacturer will not tell you to do tat..

i'm supporter of none :sweat:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2652402314_eb7483892a_o.jpg

Originally posted by eyz@Jan 16 2006, 05:22 AM

i think the reason why the manufacture will never ask the owner to run in the bike hard is tat from the manufacturer's point of view, it will save them from unnecessary warranty claim.. to advice owner to do a hard run in, i guess the no. of owner exercisin their warranty will be much much more than the no. who are adviced to do a soft run in.

so even if it's true tat hard run-in will give better performance (i'm neutral), i guess the manufacturer will not tell you to do tat..

i'm supporter of none :sweat:

I'm a supporter to freedom of choice. Read up on the hard and soft break-in methods and go with what you think is best. :cheer:

Originally posted by xpac5@Jan 16 2006, 05:07 AM

Honestly, quite a lot of ppls here r WW supporter. I'm one of them who r not supporter of his. I think u guys have seen too much theory on hard run in n dunno much things abt hard run it.

If I put a normal run in bike n a hard run in bike 2gether even at 2 years at d millage of 30000km, U shall see hw much wear n tear on a hard run in bike. I personally work in motortiam b4 n I have seen too much bad things happen on a hard run in method rather than a normal run in method.

I personally disagree in hard break in for new bike. WW n d rest of d gangs, pls dun misslead those newbies. If U say hard run in is gd, then Y agent dun recommend hard break it? If u do hard break in n d bike agent found it out u have done it tat way, d warrantly given will be voided. Trust me...

I think you have to read again, how do i mislead newbiez? And dun know must say how many time, i didt say the soft break in is bad. just i perfer the hard break in. The hard break in method is there for so long laio. And SBF at here just started to discussing it only. other US bike forums had been discussing it for , about 2-3 yr back , some even longer time back. And the flaming is so much fun there.

Originally posted by WW@Jan 16 2006, 09:20 AM

I think you have to read again, how do i mislead newbiez? And dun know must say how many time, i didt say the soft break in is bad. just i perfer the hard break in. The hard break in method is there for so long laio. And SBF at here just started to discussing it only. other US bike forums had been discussing it for , about 2-3 yr back , some even longer time back. And the flaming is so much fun there.

Why the flaming so much fun there? Cos while they flame one another, they grill BBQ steaks with the flames. :cheeky: So if the flaming here gets hotter, time to take out the satay already... :lol: :faint:

Originally posted by Scorpione_phantom@Jan 16 2006, 12:28 PM

10 mutton 10 chicken and 10 beef thank you bang. oh ya. 2 rice please. :hungry:

Alright! Coming right up!!! :lol:

I think he juz prefered his bike to hard run in. Like mine.. i also did hard run in. To each his own preference. :cheeky:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/introspect7/JsRacingRear-1.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/899/mainlogoir1.jpg

FB 39 H - Traxxion Dynamic Fork Kit , Traxxion Titanium Preload Adjuster , Penske Rear Shock Absorber , M4 Full Titanium Full System , Pc 3 USB , Factory Pro Velocity Stacks , BMC Race Air Filter , Gilles Adjustable Rearset , Sprint Damper , Brembo Master Cylinder , Floating Pins , Swage Steel Braided Brake Lines , AFAM Rear Spocket 47" , DID 'O' Rings , Akrapovic Titanium Slip-On , Puig DB , Powerbronze Rear Hugger - End Of R1 05 Era ( 14/7/06 )

WW supporter? Why don't you say johntan supporter? We are not stupid followers you know? I support no one, only the method and the fact that my bike, 41000km, 2yr6mth, still don't eat oil, exhaust clean as a whistle and run strong.

http://picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11161/yamaha.jpg<span style=\'font-family:impact\'>I go 60 nia

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-1478.jpg

For Sale: Arai Gunmetal gray side cover for RR4, right side (Still in packaging)

Originally posted by TeePeePhobe@Jan 16 2006, 03:42 PM

WW supporter? Why don't you say johntan supporter? We are not stupid followers you know? I support no one, only the method and the fact that my bike, 41000km, 2yr6mth, still don't eat oil, exhaust clean as a whistle and run strong.

Did I mention ure name as WW supporter? Pls see carefully.... B4 u come n flame me. If u think U R 1 of his supporter, U will sure come n flame me n tat prove u r one of them. Did I point my finger at U? No, I didn't. :nono:

Y dun U bring ure bike to d agent n check hw mcuh wear n tear u have? If u got play wheelie, then got bless U. D wear n tear is even higher.

Nw then i know this forum got a lot of rich ppl who likes to spent $$. :giddy:

Originally posted by WW@Jan 16 2006, 09:20 AM

So, I saw see wat u have to say after 3 year ba.... Since U look so up on hard run in, I will let U be....

I totally disagree in hard run in. Do U know my track kiakis called U "handgun kia", think abt it.... I shall let U be d head of eveyone n see hw long u can last.

Originally posted by xpac5@Jan 16 2006, 05:38 PM

So, I saw see wat u have to say after 3 year ba.... Since U look so up on hard run in, I will let U be....

I totally disagree in hard run in. Do U know my track kiakis called U "handgun kia", think abt it.... I shall let U be d head of eveyone n see hw long u can last.

Er bro ....

Even though u and i would recommend the normal run in or the manufacturers recommend way, but out of respect for each other i think let's refrain from calling each other names shall we :sweat:

Not a supporter of any one or group here but lets share instead of war shall we :cheeky:

What say u :angel:

Originally posted by alj@Jan 16 2006, 06:06 PM

Er bro ....

Even though u and i would recommend the normal run in or the manufacturers recommend way, but out of respect for each other i think let's refrain from calling each other names shall we :sweat:

Not a supporter of any one or group here but lets share instead of war shall we :cheeky:

I concur with what alj said. :argue: No flaming session here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. No need to say who is right and who is wrong. If you think a hard break-in is good, then do it. If not, then don't... :goodluck:

Originally posted by alj+Jan 16 2006, 06:06 PM-->
QUOTE (alj @ Jan 16 2006, 06:06 PM)
Er bro ....

Not a supporter of any one or group here but lets share instead of war shall we :cheeky:[/b]

Originally posted by johntan@Jan 16 2006, 06:57 PM

Amen to that....

let's not walk down the slippery flaming road again, K....

make this constructive... all things are here for sharing... like advise... take what you like and ignore what you don't... make yourself heard, but no need to "shout"... tell people how smart you are without having to try to make someone else look stoooopid....

And if I have bothered anyone, my apologies... I attack opinions/ideas, albeit objectively, I don't attack the person making the opinion....

let's keep the peace...

Hear, hear... johntan... :cheers: :cheer:

Originally posted by xpac5@Jan 16 2006, 05:33 PM

Did I mention ure name as WW supporter? Pls see carefully.... B4 u come n flame me. If u think U R 1 of his supporter, U will sure come n flame me n tat prove u r one of them. Did I point my finger at U? No, I didn't. :nono:

Y dun U bring ure bike to d agent n check hw mcuh wear n tear u have? If u got play wheelie, then got bless U. D wear n tear is even higher.

So pray tell xpac, just how long must I wait?? I have passed the 30,000km mark, are you going to tell me to wait till 50k? When I reach 50k, are you going to tell me to reach 100k? The fact is such things as piston bore scoring and ring damage, if damaged during run in 41,000km ago, should be gradually showing signs. It is not showing any signs on my bike. You seem to have a huge issue with WW like MS (MS under another nick perhaps), and you instead of classifying the people's opinion as for/against hard run in, you say things like:

Honestly, quite a lot of ppls here r WW supporter. I'm one of them who r not supporter of his.

This method is not WW's method. He just happens to believe in this method. You show your personal attack nature of your replies, don't cry wolf. Take it elsewhere lah, MS and crew. You and your handgun rider blah blah. Who cares what he does, the issue here is not a matter of your personal vendetta against WW.

http://picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11161/yamaha.jpg<span style=\'font-family:impact\'>I go 60 nia

For Sale: Arai Gunmetal gray side cover for RR4, right side (Still in packaging)

Originally posted by TeePeePhobe@Jan 16 2006, 07:30 PM

So pray tell xpac, just how long must I wait?? I have passed the 30,000km mark, are you going to tell me to wait till 50k? When I reach 50k, are you going to tell me to reach 100k? The fact is such things as piston bore scoring and ring damage, if damaged during run in 41,000km ago, should be gradually showing signs. It is not showing any signs on my bike. You seem to have a huge issue with WW like MS (MS under another nick perhaps), and you instead of classifying the people's opinion as for/against hard run in, you say things like:

This method is not WW's method. He just happens to believe in this method. You show your personal attack nature of your replies, don't cry wolf. Take it elsewhere lah, MS and crew. You and your handgun rider blah blah. Who cares what he does, the issue here is not a matter of your personal vendetta against WW.

Teepeephobe, I do not know Xpac5. And If you're not convinced, you can get Andy or any moderators to check my IP address and ban me totally if it is truely a clone of me. I find no need to do such things as I go in the light.

I put forward my point with my real identity and contact numbers.

However, this is only a show that there're people who does know how automotives run.

On top of that, in the public forum, I have to expose you for trying to clean the R1 'TPS'. Dexusmachine has allowed me to serviced his suspensions before. So we happened to know each other. And so coincidentally when I was talking to him one day, I found that you claimed to be able to clean TPS and started to explain many theories to him. I've forwarded this matter to Hong Leong.

R1 TPS is not advisable to be serviced or cleaned. In fact the Yamaha agent do not endorse this act. Please refrain from doing anything you're not able to understand. As you are not able to provide any warranty for your services, you are unable to take responsibilities for your actions. You've claimed yourself to be an engineer. As an engineer, you're responsible for the well being of lives and properties of other people. Therefore please kindly refrain from such acts again.

Thanx.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Originally posted by xpac5@Jan 16 2006, 05:33 PM

this i agree that this forum alot of rich ppl. but since they can afford so let them be then. best is to wait 3-4 yrs then see if got any side effects with hard running in. for me, my bike -agent run in.. but not even 1 yr not even 11000km my bike pass away.. sad u know..:cry: :cry: but i never say that hard run in or agent run in is better. each his own. for me i will run in myself, while enjoying each km clocked till i hit 3000km. hehe

Originally posted by MS@Jan 16 2006, 08:41 PM

Teepeephobe, I do not know Xpac5. And If you're not convinced, you can get Andy or any moderators to check my IP address and ban me totally if it is truely a clone of me. I find no need to do such things as I go in the light.

However, this is only a show that there're people who does know how automotives run.

On top of that, in the public forum, I have to expose you for trying to clean the R1 'TPS'. Dexusmachine has allowed me to serviced his suspensions before. So we happened to know each other. And so coincidentally when I was talking to him one day, I found that you claimed to be able to clean TPS and started to explain many theories to him. I've forwarded this matter to Hong Leong.

R1 TPS is not advisable to be serviced or cleaned. In fact the Yamaha agent do not endorse this act. Please refrain from doing anything you're not able to understand. As you are not able to provide any warranty for your services, you are unable to take responsibilities for your actions. You've claimed yourself to be an engineer. As an engineer, you're responsible for the well being of lives and properties of other people. Therefore please kindly refrain from such acts again.

Thanx.

He help others to do TPS. Has it got anything to do with u? :confused:

Dexusmachine has allowed me to serviced his suspensions before. --> Does it mean tat u are a suspension specialist? If so, help me to service my Shock too leh.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/introspect7/JsRacingRear-1.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/899/mainlogoir1.jpg

FB 39 H - Traxxion Dynamic Fork Kit , Traxxion Titanium Preload Adjuster , Penske Rear Shock Absorber , M4 Full Titanium Full System , Pc 3 USB , Factory Pro Velocity Stacks , BMC Race Air Filter , Gilles Adjustable Rearset , Sprint Damper , Brembo Master Cylinder , Floating Pins , Swage Steel Braided Brake Lines , AFAM Rear Spocket 47" , DID 'O' Rings , Akrapovic Titanium Slip-On , Puig DB , Powerbronze Rear Hugger - End Of R1 05 Era ( 14/7/06 )

Originally posted by MS@Jan 16 2006, 08:41 PM

Thanx.

Haiz, run of of things to say about WW and hard run in now wanna wack totally different issue. Hey dude

It Worked

Ask Penske, Ask Rudy. See what the ang mos have to say

http://r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?...0&pagenumber=56

This is a solution first thought up and executed in the world by a Singaporean. ME. Don't be jealous, one's either a trend setter or a follower. Hong Leong imports bikes. If I import bike, I of course just defer everything to manufacturer. Your bike kaput my passat? Just sell spareparts, easy solution. I understand more about electrical than you can imagine.

if some self proclaimed engineer with no experience or certification in this field wishes to 'help' your friend 'service' AN ELECTRICAL COMPONENT, would one feel comfortable with that? btw, Mr Engineer screw sh*t up = warranty void. it could even cause the rider to encounter an accident. who is affected by this? Rider? Friend ? Mr Engineer ? people, please use your grey matter before replying. thank you very much.

btw, ms has indeed taught me some simple servicing on my brake calipers and it is through this that i trust his judgement. not the words of some cockster who hides behind his monitor posting pages after pages of unproven and unpracticed theories extracted from bullshit preachers in other online forums. oh and ms helps his friends, not the bullshit preachers and their cannon crew.

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.