SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do you know how to break in your new Bike (Engine)

johntan

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WW@Jan 16 2006, 10:52 PM

So am i the flame starter or the ice man?

So long never been so fun laio.

And where did my company lawyer number went to laio.

Yr company lawyer who? :confused: TVL? :sian:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/introspect7/JsRacingRear-1.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/899/mainlogoir1.jpg

FB 39 H - Traxxion Dynamic Fork Kit , Traxxion Titanium Preload Adjuster , Penske Rear Shock Absorber , M4 Full Titanium Full System , Pc 3 USB , Factory Pro Velocity Stacks , BMC Race Air Filter , Gilles Adjustable Rearset , Sprint Damper , Brembo Master Cylinder , Floating Pins , Swage Steel Braided Brake Lines , AFAM Rear Spocket 47" , DID 'O' Rings , Akrapovic Titanium Slip-On , Puig DB , Powerbronze Rear Hugger - End Of R1 05 Era ( 14/7/06 )

Originally posted by WW@Jan 16 2006, 10:52 PM

So am i the flame starter or the ice man?

So long never been so fun laio.

And where did my company lawyer number went to laio.

I should say that neither of us is the flamer ....

We are here to share our views .... U have your beliefs, it worked for u .... I have mine and it worked for me too that's all :smile:

What say u :angel:

Originally posted by WW@Jan 16 2006, 10:36 PM

Wat is call a flame????

When ppl only discuss about thing that is in the topic, it dun call a flame.it calll a technical disscss for this topic

Only when ppl start to put other ppl name and say other handgun kia, it call flame.

Cos it does not link to the topic. it more to personal attack. can i enage a lawyer and shoot him with letter,maybe i should , since he like to write so directly.

i also study to pri 5 only. so cant write well. Sorry hor and i dun work as a technical officer, i work as a cleaner only, clean ppl butt one.

Maybe the Hand-gun kia he mean was u everyday used yr hand to play with yr gun? :faint: :faint:

5 fingers play with the gun until it spit out white foam? :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/introspect7/JsRacingRear-1.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/899/mainlogoir1.jpg

FB 39 H - Traxxion Dynamic Fork Kit , Traxxion Titanium Preload Adjuster , Penske Rear Shock Absorber , M4 Full Titanium Full System , Pc 3 USB , Factory Pro Velocity Stacks , BMC Race Air Filter , Gilles Adjustable Rearset , Sprint Damper , Brembo Master Cylinder , Floating Pins , Swage Steel Braided Brake Lines , AFAM Rear Spocket 47" , DID 'O' Rings , Akrapovic Titanium Slip-On , Puig DB , Powerbronze Rear Hugger - End Of R1 05 Era ( 14/7/06 )

Originally posted by -=[PeNsKe]=-@Jan 16 2006, 10:58 PM

Maybe the Hand-gun kia he mean was u everyday used yr hand to play with yr gun? :faint: :faint:

5 fingers play with the gun until it spit out white foam? :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Wah, -=[PeNsKe]=-. The way you describe it, is a little too RA for me lah... But I love it... Kah kah kah...:lol: :clap:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by WW@Jan 16 2006, 10:36 PM

Wat is call a flame????

When ppl only discuss about thing that is in the topic, it dun call a flame.it calll a technical disscss for this topic

Only when ppl start to put other ppl name and say other handgun kia, it call flame.

Cos it does not link to the topic. it more to personal attack. can i enage a lawyer and shoot him with letter,maybe i should , since he like to write so directly.

i also study to pri 5 only. so cant write well. Sorry hor and i dun work as a technical officer, i work as a cleaner only, clean ppl butt one.

Flame has several meanings :

1) fire - like flame emitting from a candle wick

2) boyfriend or girlfriend - That girl is my current flame

3) a tree - flame of the forest

4) calling people names, thumbing them down or a personal attack using hurtful,

mean words - Eh, why you all flame me?

5) What Johnny Storm would say before he combusts into the Human Torch -

FLAME ON! :angry:

And by the way WW. Even if you are a cleaner with Pri 5 education, I still consider you my friend if you don't mind having a friend like me. Even if you do clean peoples' butt, there's no shame in that as long as it is an honest day's work. You don't know how to write well also never mind. As long as I can understand what you want to say, that is enough for me. :thumb:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by Aie@Jan 16 2006, 11:19 PM

And by the way WW. Even if you are a cleaner with Pri 5 education, I still consider you my friend if you don't mind having a friend like me. Even if you do clean peoples' butt, there's no shame in that as long as it is an honest day's work. You don't know how to write well also never mind. As long as I can understand what you want to say, that is enough for me. :thumb:

wow u always FLAME ON one huh. must buy fire n theft insurance with u ard. btw WW get kicked out from pri 5 because back then ke kept cleaning my butt. which i dislike!! so i complain to the principal n he sacked. so by right he pass pri 4 oni. pri 5 exam never take yet.

Originally posted by Aie@Jan 16 2006, 11:19 PM

Ya. it a honest day work,But more of cleaning my own butt by been screw by my boss with butter and jam sometime KY.

:cheeky:

Originally posted by alj@Jan 16 2006, 10:57 PM

I should say that neither of us is the flamer ....

We are here to share our views .... U have your beliefs, it worked for u .... I have mine and it worked for me too that's all :smile:

Ya, that other truth. Same as wat i say , i perfer the hard run in,cos of some small little fact and some reading on other US forums. That why i chose to run it hard on my lau k.

And i am just sharing it.

But dun know why got ppl , like to say i mislead newbiz. Funny thing is that ,if that person had post why dun do hard run in, and in the end the so call newbiz still believe mi ,than how,, ??? meaning i mislead him???But why the newbiz dun listen to him but mi, since he Shoot mi upside down and call mi a handgun kia.Or maybe the newbiz think he is more of a handgun kia than mi.?

We come to share and not shoot ppl.

And when ppl post thing ,that is 'Big hole" ,sure there is ppl want to expose him.And the recent thing about wat the 180km/hr KJEBKE bend, think i am not the first that challange him and i didt even challange him, and i didt even say i dun believe him,just that that expert told mi his exhaust was titanium wrap with stainless steel.So i post here and ask expert here weather it truth, cos i am HG kia.he told mi it reduce heat. And of course i dun believe.

Maybe that expert here can tell him wake up and he himself wake up. If you go personal , i will also . cos i had print out the post you type.

Originally posted by xpac5@Jan 16 2006, 05:38 PM

So, I saw see wat u have to say after 3 year ba.... Since U look so up on hard run in, I will let U be....

I totally disagree in hard run in. Do U know my track kiakis called U "handgun kia", think abt it.... I shall let U be d head of eveyone n see hw long u can last.

Just read your profile, wow, riding a k2 1000. And you like the hobby i always like.

And you ask ppl to jio you...

Now i offical jio you to play wheelie with mi. It should be fun.and i still newbiz, can teach mi how to wheelie????

Whoa guys. Peace out. Chill.

I know both TPPhobe and MS personally, and I dare say that both of them are very competent ppl, technically. Both also nice guys in person.

Don let the Internet get to you. Words posted here can always be misinterpreted as hostile, so despite all this technocrap making our lives more convenient... it sometimes screws things up as well.

Best thing to do would be for you 2 guys to meet up. Basically what I see here is just some friction due to differences in opinions. Really.... 2 of you guys should meet up, and you'll find that both of you have more in common than you'd ever think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

i would say most of the post u made are pointless... 1st, u use general knowledge which everyone knows to back you up... it's just like wiping ur ass with ur Oxford dictionary... when there is an argument on a topic like run-in methods, normally there will be alot of pple claimed to have done 2 biks side by side test, to back them up in the forums...

I personally disagree in hard break in for new bike. WW n d rest of d gangs, pls dun misslead those newbies. If U say hard run in is gd, then Y agent dun recommend hard break it? If u do hard break in n d bike agent found it out u have done it tat way, d warrantly given will be voided. Trust me...

nothign against u disagreeing with hard break in for new bike. but u finger pointed WW and his "so call gang" to be misleading to newbies...

Firstly, can u deny the fact that a hard run in bike generally generates more bhp then normal run in bikes???

2ndly who the hell do not know that the harder u ride the bike, the wear and tear is naturally higher??? are u teaching newbies how to sh*t??? come'on lar... this is simple physics right??

So, I saw see wat u have to say after 3 year ba.... Since U look so up on hard run in, I will let U be....

I totally disagree in hard run in. Do U know my track kiakis called U "handgun kia", think abt it.... I shall let U be d head of eveyone n see hw long u can last.

hahaha... another example of u being so contradicting... so u wanna see after 3years how his bike condition will be izzit??? but i suggest when the time comes, u compare his engine with ur's.... and u will know that u should have rode a 50cc...

nobody forced u to agree on hard run-in, and i dun give a dame that u and ur track noobs talking about WW and his "supporters" but one thing for sure... u guys pointed finger and claims he is a handgunner, IS A PERSONAL ATTACK!!!

so u wanna be those noobs that stays at home behind the monitor posting craps, after which bad mouthing another with ur track noobs?? Dun talk/act like a saint...

Originally posted by enfant@Jan 16 2006, 09:46 PM

if some self proclaimed engineer with no experience or certification in this field wishes to 'help' your friend 'service' AN ELECTRICAL COMPONENT, would one feel comfortable with that? btw, Mr Engineer screw sh*t up = warranty void. it could even cause the rider to encounter an accident. who is affected by this? Rider? Friend ? Mr Engineer ? people, please use your grey matter before replying. thank you very much.

btw, ms has indeed taught me some simple servicing on my brake calipers and it is through this that i trust his judgement. not the words of some cockster who hides behind his monitor posting pages after pages of unproven and unpracticed theories extracted from bullshit preachers in other online forums. oh and ms helps his friends, not the bullshit preachers and their cannon crew.

ohhh... so i understand now... MS taught u how to service a brake caliper.... if MS screw up, u'll be history, how would u feel??? anyway, i dun wish to know... it's ok...

ur later part that say NOOBs who hides behind computer screen, really really sounds like you urself man.... ahahhahaha... pardon me, but each has their own views...

wanna talk about papers??? at least TPPhobe is a qualified engineer... but wat do u have??? now a "dun-noe-certified-or-not" ENGINEER teaching a complete NOOB how to service brake calipers...... i would say, just carry on to learn wat u should from the right person... it's none of my issue anyway...

Originally posted by DeusExMachina@Jan 17 2006, 02:42 AM

Whoa guys. Peace out. Chill.

I know both TPPhobe and MS personally, and I dare say that both of them are very competent ppl, technically. Both also nice guys in person.

Don let the Internet get to you. Words posted here can always be misinterpreted as hostile, so despite all this technocrap making our lives more convenient... it sometimes screws things up as well.

Best thing to do would be for you 2 guys to meet up. Basically what I see here is just some friction due to differences in opinions. Really.... 2 of you guys should meet up, and you'll find that both of you have more in common than you'd ever think.

Sorry Deus, I know you're trying to patch things up, but this MS took a potshot out of me with his pseudo knowledge. If you follow the R1 forum thread, there's this same ang mo idiot who claims he has years of experience with TPS telling me TPS wasn't the issue. I basically corner him until he seldom post again. I enjoy technical discussion with well informed open minded individuals who are objective. MS is not as well demonstrated in these pages. I do not want to be argumentative, but since he took the first step, 1st at WW then at ME, I hereby declared open season.

MS, there are ALOT of types of people who ride bikes. Doesn't mean that if you're not a mechanic by profession means you know NUTS. Many bikeshops are also first started by people who are passionate about their machines to a level beyond the average rider. Besides, it is much more easier for a rider to know about his machine in depth than for a mechanic to master so many different models.

I never mention even once that I'm an engineer in this thread, why does everyone keep saying it?

http://picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11161/yamaha.jpg<span style=\'font-family:impact\'>I go 60 nia

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-1478.jpg

For Sale: Arai Gunmetal gray side cover for RR4, right side (Still in packaging)

Haha, my turn to clock post liao!! kinwei run in method!! Actually hor I dun care hard or normal run in lah.. Just as long got constanly work out/whack the whole rpm range can liao. Ya lar whack will increase the wear and tear. But actually hor if you buy sport bike and then you dun whack it, like very wasted leh. Some might even claimed hard run in will result in faster wear and tear. :confused: But I pay big money to buy a 1st hand bike leh. I no charity leh. Since the bike belongs to me, so I use watever run in method and riding style my problem right?? Why I need to care so much for the next owner? If I use soft run in method, can I raise my selling price?? :confused: point to ponder... Anyway I no true engineer lah.. just diploma certified only. :sorry: for my broken ang mo.

Originally posted by MS@Jan 13 2006, 10:35 AM

Hey come on lah WW, I find you ah... very Hand gun... Always wanna act big brother. Then act humble but feels so shiok when pple put you high. When someone points out your mistake you cannot stand it and wanna prove him wrong. Unity sure has a way to hold your nose and turn around. C'mon lah... Dun mislead the newbies lah... You go and take 2 brand new bikes run in them one with the manufacturer specs and one in your "WW endorsed way". Both bikes will be powerful within the first 2 or 3 thousand km. And Running in is not the only factor that affects the engine power. There're many other things like choice of Engine oil, maintenance, your gearbox condition, clutch condition etc. If both maintain the same way, You strip both engines after 30000KM and see the difference. Excel cycles took over some famous hard run in engines from famous people. The mechanic down there curse and swear. That engine was a time bomb. There's a hayabusa in a very bad condition there now. Go there take a look. Go and overhaul engines.... Then you will know why the manufacturers have to recommend their way of running in. You dun even know how an engine's fundamentals works and kept spreading wrong info.

Enfant said it in a very blunt way. But what he said is what the automotive personnel say it. I know him personally and he works closely with the automotive clients. You keep going into forums after forums all old wives tales but never check with the agents or the manufacturers or real life professionals. Whats the point. The forums are only posted by a small quantity of pple. Any manufacturers inside? You overhaul engines before? I have a lot of anyhow run in engines in my company. OK, I work in Comfortdelgro SBST as a vehicle workshop Technical Officer. See all types of automotive parts until I blur. And these engines end up with compression problems. I see until scared. Some bike shops who really bothered, all advised their customers to run in according to the manufacturer. At least the 1st stage. Boring of holes is done progressively. Same with engines. The reason is because when they manufacture the engine, the dimensions of the combustion chambers, Piston ring external diameters how tight they are how much compression ratio, how much compression pressure are calculated in it. They expect the engine to last this way. Different manufacturers have different recommended running in methods. Because different manufacturers manufacture the engines differently. What valve seat better with hard run in all these are bullshiit. You haven't seen con rod broke with anyhow run in before? Or scratched combustion chambers? I have these once in a while. Next time come out show you, you want? I dun like to hide behind the monitor and type. Anybody can come find me at the workshop if they dun believe. My HP is 97429240.

And by the way, please dun try to act big brother lah... Compared to the real pros you're still lagging far behind. Dun stay in your own circle and be a little tribe leader. Go into the world and see how high the other mountains are. I saw your old bike before... quite jialat. Otherwise you think everyone thinks you're good? Skillful? Only a handful of your fellow tribesmen. Many other people including the top few racers locally call you one of the most handgun riders. And you actually know some of them. Shoot katakiller very shiok? Try and chase him in the track.... after that then decide whether you still want to shoot him. (Or are you still qualified) Sometimes he wanna exaggerate is to disturb pple see who want to act big brother go shoot him.

Even if I post here like that pple come and flame me is only a small handful of pple in the whole world. And its an individual opinion. You want to run in the 'WW way', do it yourself. Dun drag other pple in with you. I know I do offend pple with my words, but its the truth in the bottom of my heart.

Sorry have to say this in main to show how misleading you have been. I once said the handgun riders take off fairing thinks he's a mechanic, changed coolant regardless he did it right or not thinks he's an engineer. Pull a few wheelies thinks he's an expert, Cruise a few laps in the track thinks he's a racer. And you fit the total bill.

Thanks for anybody for reading this long post.

MS : i'm directing this at u ...YES ===> YOU Mr. MS

this is a healthy technical discussion and u had to degenerate this into a personal attack to boost yr lousy ego.

Dun use yr irrevelant experience to relate worn engine parts to be solely attributed by an improper run-in.

And have you actually ran through the Mototune method and understand what's goin on? Its carried out in a controlled environment and in a systematic manner to ensure that the piston rings are properly sealed to prevent leaky rings that causes the engine to lose compression. You tell me its possible to achieve this kind of controlled and step-by-step running-in on the streets without causing danger to other people and risk losing yr license?

People with your kind of riding experience may have formed a certain mindset that riders must do this must do that. BUT your mindset is not everyone's mindset, so don't go around preaching information that may not even be accurate.

BTW, i highly suspect that you have an agenda against WW, for his fame and popularity in this forum. DOES IT HURT YOUR SORE EGO?

eVeRyThIng hAs 2 gO...sOmEwHeRe...sOmEdAy...

Originally posted by enfant@Jan 13 2006, 09:14 PM

how long have u ridden your r6? 5 years? 6 years? compression loss and piston leakage usually present itself a few years after hard run in methods are practiced. you don't take a teaspoon of arsenic and ask someone why you do not die immediately. try daily doses everyday and we'll see who's lying 6 feet under when chinese new year comes.

another similar example would be the class 2a sport bikes. some 400s consume thin engine oil at alarming rates compared to rare older models which have hardly any problems at all. all these nonsense present themselves after 10 over years of usage. why is it that some do not face this problem? i do not think that any singaporean would be rich or stupid enough to opt for an engine overhaul. nobody does that for their 400, it's simply not worth the money. then again, your arguement of bikes being worned hard in the track is true, but how many of these bikes were owned by track junkies? all that ms was trying to get across was the fact that hard run in might and CAN cause serious engine deterioration in the long run and since most riders do not ride their wheels for more than a few years before upgrading, the 2nd hand owners who take over will bear the brunt of their hard run in damages.

if someone doesn't take this into consideration, one is being selfish. if there is a chance of preventing compression loss, one should take the necessary steps to do so and not practice unorthodox methods just to benefit from saving some time. this is exactly why many people are afraid of 2nd hand class 2 bikes. hard run in? i rather get a new bike and run it in the way that manufacturers recommend.

How many new bikes have you purchased and run-in before?

eVeRyThIng hAs 2 gO...sOmEwHeRe...sOmEdAy...

Just wondering ,why some expert already riding a R1 laio, still go to other topic, and mislead really newbiz on 2b bike. And than kena F from there. Dun know who lei.

To the expert here, come and meet up for coffee or makan , i treat, on mi , FOC.just come out ,waiting for you to post make mi sian,as i am a handgun kia,so pls forgive mi for been such handgun.I dun know anything abut engine, just that my bike still whack to 299km/hr and even 330km/hr easily lei,dun know why????

i need to exaggerated if not big brother wont come out lei.

Where have you been???? too many taxi uncle do hard run in till engine blow out??? Or maybe they watch the moive TAXI, Think their also same got wing can fly and can go 306km/hr , bt still slower than mi lei.

Sit behind com, and type bullshit , who dun know????

i am a professinal cleaner,that clean those bullshitting sh*t.

Keep this topic alive, i will post my bike condition after 3 yr of wheelie and 299km/hr.

This is not my last post.

Where is the "Noob" that hid behind com screen, now he dun even hid there laio. ????

Cant even beat a handgun kia, and dare to other ppl handgun.

KNN, PCC,LJL,LJR.

Really so many taxi spoil????? No wonder lah, Engineer sleeping , mech reading soft porn, But i perfer HARD porn.

Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@Jan 17 2006, 10:08 AM

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10392/arguing.jpg

Truth, so should come out and talk, really need to knwo more about engine stuff.

And also the many unknow racer, that dare to say ppl and wont dare to admit????