SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Woopa!! Cbr1000rr Riders

Tashi

Hi guys,

No time no see... Happy new year! I miss my blade :(

Then get one. When are you planning to ride again? I sms-ed you sometime back, did not get a response from you, did you change your #?

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed with you on this, but still better than akra pipe when they do it on test 08 race spec. Hope someone out there will do R & D on the exhaust system

that will make 08 much better (least to cover the "so call ugly" front cowling) Let :pray: for it to happen.

Just for info bro, Shah from 'Biketech21' D SuzukiMan will get this CBR1K 08 for his future ride due to the horsy 08 produced - ONLY INSTALL AFTERMARKET EXHAUST & P.C it give at least 190hp base on his study (how true I'm not sure) I told him bout the out look, his reply: "I go for the performance not the look".

WHAT DO YOU THINK, Tashi?

Wow, I'm surprised. I remember some years back, Shah & Arend were convincing me to get a Gixxer.

"I go for the performance not the look". This sounds like him already.

When you see him next, ask him to reveal to you the basis of his study, it should be interesting. He is not a novice.

Wow, I'm surprised. I remember some years back, Shah & Arend were convincing me to get a Gixxer.

"I go for the performance not the look". This sounds like him already.

When you see him next, ask him to reveal to you the basis of his study, it should be interesting. He is not a novice.

YES sir........:cheeky:

Md Alseri aka asjunior

TSK 55

NOTHING LAST FOREVER

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r109/asjunior/bersamaMSF5.jpg

Just wondering, how many ppl are planning to get the 08 Blade? Perhaps if we all go to the same shop, we can ask for a good price. I am planning to go there to unbox the Blade for my friend, buff off the wax with my very own special cloth then take some pix. Already I am working with Stan to customize a set of raceshields for the 08 Blade that will pass my uncanny scrutiny. We will have the raceshields put on the same day the bike is unboxed. I will go there to look after the tiny details, like make sure the staples on the underseat do not chip the paint, wipe off the excess chain lube so they do not fling everywhere during the high rev run in ...

Just PM me, I'll organize something. My friend is getting the bike form Mah btw.

Just PM me, I'll organize something. My friend is getting the bike form Mah btw.

Good idea... Tashi, talk to John straight. I'm sure he'll give you a good price if all of you order from him. If you wait for the parallel it'd take a lil bit longer/

:slapforehead:

Last time I was the only Honda among his bois of Yammies & Suzies.. Kana hantam upside down tru & fro Sepang say Honda this, Honda that. Now he buying Honda??? :faint:

:thumb: its either the Honda or the Kwaki 08.

Bro, you forgot at dat one time..we were the only Honda. Especially Doc Dol..he whack the Honda guys left right centre..but I was spared some cos I'm riding a 1000rr but you 600rr..haha, no wonder you got alot more flak.. :cheeky:

Miss the Sepang trackday.. Next best thing after sex!! :thumb:

Bro, you forgot at dat one time..we were the only Honda. Especially Doc Dol..he whack the Honda guys left right centre..but I was spared some cos I'm riding a 1000rr but you 600rr..haha, no wonder you got alot more flak.. :cheeky:

Miss the Sepang trackday.. Next best thing after sex!! :thumb:

Yeah bro... like army say 'Kana hantam upside down':dot: :cheeky:

:slapforehead:

Good idea... Tashi, talk to John straight. I'm sure he'll give you a good price if all of you order from him. If you wait for the parallel it'd take a lil bit longer/

OK.

Talk about hantam upside down, you guys gotta check out this other thread.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42187

From my research claimed HP = 170 which will translate to approx 150-160 at the wheel. Less than Gixxer...

Hello Max, what kind of research were you doing? It's 175bhp. Are you watching pr0n again?

Some pix and angles of the 2008 CBR1000RR Leo Vince exhaust.

Pls feel free to comment. I am hoping aftermarket exhaust manufacturers will make nice looking pipes for the 08 Blade.

This Leo Vince looks too exposed to me on the underside.

Ah yeah.

The pipe looks nice this time round.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Sad news, anyone know this rider...pls help to inform the family members.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3704995&posted=1#post3704995

For him, biking to Thailand was like RIDING TO GEYLANG

HE took off on a solo bike trip to Thailand in memory of his buddies who were killed on the North-South Highway in Malaysia last year.

But in a tragic twist of irony, Mr Ahmad Rahid, 38, was himself killed when his motorcycle collided with another motorcycle near Bangkok in Thailand over the weekend.

His family and friends told The New Paper yesterday that Mr Ahmad had been depressed after his two best friends died when the motorcycle they were on crashed last February.

That's why he decided to go on a road trip to Thailand and dedicated his journey to them.

But on Saturday, Mr Ahmad died before he could complete his journey to the Golden Triangle in the north of Thailand.

His body is expected back in Singapore at 11am today.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) confirmed yesterday that he was involved in a fatal collision with another bike in the Nakhonpathom province, about 60km from Bangkok.

The MFA spokesman said they were still trying to find out more details about the accident from the local authorities.

The Singapore Embassy in Bangkok is assisting Mr Ahmad's two elder sisters who flew there on Saturday night.

His niece, Miss Nurhidayah Yusoff, 21, said: 'I heard from my mother that arranging for his body to be flown back has been nothing less than chaotic.'

Although Mr Ahmad was supposed to celebrate his birthday on 9 Jan, the bachelor decided to ride to Thailand alone.

It was his second attempt on his three-year-old Suzuki Hayabusa, which family members said was his fifth motorbike. He had bought the orange-grey bike three years ago.

He had gone on the trip to remember his best friends, Mr Roslan Rahim and Mr Muhammad Redhuan Hussain, on their first death anniversary.

Their sudden deaths at the age of 24 were a big blow to Mr Ahmad, who also lost a very close friend in 2006 in a bike crash on the Seletar Expressway.

The bachelor took leave from his forklift store assistant job in Serangoon and left Singapore early on Friday.

Mr Ahmad, who is the unofficial leader of the 43-member bike group Sport Motorcycle Tour (SMT), had spoken to members about organising an annual bike trip to Thailand and Laos to honour their dead friends.

One of them, Mr Muhamad Yunus, 25, said the members wanted to save up first for the journey, which would cost $1,500 to $2,000.

So Mr Ahmad decided to go solo.

Mr Yunus said: 'I told him I will go with him next year. He has ridden to Thailand solo before, and has been making such trips since he was 25.'

On Thursday night, the group gathered at a coffee shop in Bendemeer and Mr Ahmad gave them all a treat.

Mr Yunus and three others then sent Mr Ahmad off to the Tuas Checkpoint on their bikes. They stopped for a quick chat before saying goodbye past midnight.

Said Mr Yunus: 'He told us he would send an SMS of his location at each checkpoint, so we'd know where he is.

He added: 'He seemed troubled that night, unlike his usual self.'

A quiet, cool and patient man, Mr Ahmad was nicknamed Ahmad Rock because of his skinny frame, leather outfits and frizzy long hair.

He had set aside six to seven days for the trip.

Usually, a biker would take about four days to reach the Golden Triangle, and a less experienced rider may take six days, said member Rizal Rahmat, 33.

Explained another member, Mr Hanis Malek, 29: 'We've been on 24-hour trips to Phuket, day-trips to Hatyai. Ahmad is very experienced with sports-bike tours and he is very disciplined.

'For him, riding to Thailand is like riding to Geylang.'

Said Mr Rizal: 'He was like a big brother to all of us. He insisted on safety, discipline and good manners. He also emphasised the buddy system. And he taught us the skills for long-distance riding.'

Mr Ahmad reached Hua Hin, three hours south of Bangkok, in a day and spent the night there.

He also sent an SMS to Mr Yunus, saying he planned to arrive in Chiangmai the next day.

MEET ON RETURN TRIP

Then he planned to ride into Laos, stopping by the scenic Luang Prabuang, before meeting Mr Yunus on his return journey in Thailand.

Said Mr Yunus: 'I was supposed to ride to Thailand tomorrow to meet him. Now, it will have to be postponed.'

In a phone interview, Mr T S Golf, a Thai biker, told The New Paper that he rushed to the scene after a friend informed him of a bike crash.

He then informed Singapore bikers of the accident on the singaporebikes.com online forum. It caught the attention of fellow bikers, partly due to Mr Ahmad's unique licence plate number, FR333Z.

Said his niece, Miss Nurhidaya, at her family home, which was being readied to receive his body: 'He last showed me photos of his trip to Thailand, which he was very proud of because it was his furthest journey. Other than that, he did not talk much.'

His cousin, Mr Shariff Danian, 44, said: 'He loved sight-seeing and travelling. Perhaps that is why he loved his bikes so much.'

This was Mr Ahmad's second accident since he started riding at 18.

The first took place more than 10 years ago when he tried to avoid a dog crossing the road and fractured his backbone.

Best pals killed in road trip

IN February last year, Mr Ahmad was among a group of bikers who rode to Thailand.

At the Malaysia-Thailand border, the group waited for a second group on the same journey to catch up.

But a hand injury forced one of the bikers from the second group to abort his trip near Ipoh.

Mr Ahmad's friends, Mr Roslan and Mr Redhuan, who had just returned to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur, agreed to ride up to help the injured biker transport his vehicle home.

On their way to Ipoh, their motorcycle met with an accident on the North-South Highway and were killed.

Just got these pix fresh today, the Leo Vince Titanium pipes. Preview models only, final specs may change. Feel free to give your comments. They look shorter than the carbon pipes. The underside is still exposed. Maybe someone can photoshop an underside panel.

LV Ti 1.jpg

LV TI 2.jpg

LV Ti 3.jpg

Do the pipes all do the S-curve thingie?

Only the street legal pipes. The race pipes are straight.

Here, someone used PS to come out with the underside panel. Definitely looks much nicer.

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg