SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Non PSB approved helmets

tein228

Will you use non PSB approved helmets?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use non PSB approved helmets?

• Yes, I will.
    • No, I will not use non PSB approved helmets.
    • Not sure I will use, due the possibility to get "caught"

i never read that mag article talking about PSB tests, so if anybody has a link to it, pls share. i know i tried looking for details about PSB tests last time and could not find any. i really want to know how psb tests helmets, because i want to compare to DOT and SNELL standards, which i generally know how it is conducted.

i say again, i have nothing against PSB. i am not even criticizing PSB's standards, because like i said i dont even know wat their standards are. and my opinion remains that PSB should continue wat it is doing, for the simple reason that it ensures riders wear helmets of a minimum safety standard.

at the same time, i am also pro-SNELL and pro-ECE and i want to see these standards incorporated and accepted by PSB. if you are anti international standards, thats fine by me, i have no probs with anyone holding different opinion from me.

i regard you as friend, then i reply...knn PSB should give me money for speaking out for them!

i am NOT anti-international standards, where did i say so? read my post again. i am saying PSB most probably just copy international standards, easy way for them should they one day be blamed for anything. i don't think they are that stupid not to especially when they got a good budget for it.

i am saying it is naive for them to accept foreign certification, cause they have to bear the responsibility for it. was my fairy tale so entertaining that you missed the point, bro?

imagine, we have our own army to defend ourselves. we even seek foreign expertise, foreign technology, foreign weapons, foreign training etc...but why ? why don't we just shut down our military force & depend on US to defend us wholesale by getting them to? what happens if they cock up or decide not to?

can we be absolutely sure that foreign private foundations will be uncorruptable or have 0% negilgence? we can't even be 100% sure that all PSB is 100%! however, it is easier for PSB to monitor it's own staff & punish for any wrong doing or mistakes. that won't cut for any foreign 'international body' that will just ignore a small red dot.

why so pissed? i believed my tone was friendly, at least i tried. i said you can use SNELL or whatever foreign standard. i am not saying PSB is best. i am saying that to say that PSB is not following international standards & using an example of a cracked helmet in a single incident is i donno what to say.

i repeat that in severe accidents, any helmet will crack. even foreign international standards & highly established manufacturers & well recognised experts admit this. using 1 case to discredit or question is ...quite frankly prejudiced & unfair.

when a SNELL approved helmet cracked in an accident ( which must have happened before ) do you then start screaming for SNELL's blood?

the related article is from one issue last year ( forgot which issue ) from MCA ( local magazine that costs me 3 bucks ). unfortunately as it is so long ago, i can't tell you which issue except it is last year's.

iirc, PSB testing involves sending a helmet to undergo 2 treatments beforehand, ie. put in an oven that heats it up to 50 degree C & soaking in water for hours to test for any damage in hot & humid weather. after which the helmets are sent for the typical test using machines that test chin guard & drop teh helmet from a height.

got photos of the tests some more, got use machine one, too much to say here, dunno how to link. go find enough you will get it.

i repeat i am NOT anti-international standards, i just feel it is prejudiced & bias of us to say that just becos PSB is local, they are inferior or no use International standards.

just think, if you are given a good enough budget like PSB, need not worry about costs cause guys like Lim Jin Keng will pay you to test. you just follow international standards your life will be easy & blameless ( anything just blame international standards )...wouldn't you?

i don't think if they had adopted a bo chap attitude & use sub par anyhow testing standards in the beginning, they will suddenly become so professional & stringent to adopt batch testing vigourously. defeats the point...

peace again.

EDIT: why is it when i speak up for PSB against prejudice or biasness equates me to being ANTI-international standards? all when i had never claimed that.

why nobody is willing to be unbiased & without prejudice & look at the situation objectively. it is so easy to just say international standards must be better, local must be lousier & use that line of logic to justify everything. sad really.

local must be incompetent no standard one.

foreign sure no problem one. sure safe one. that cost us annexation by Japan in 1942...cause the mighty British empire that ruled the world buay kan.

71 years on after Singapore was annexed, we still have this mentality...

8/2/1942- Japan invaded

8/2/2013- White Paper passed

15/2/1942- Singapore fell

15/2/2013- Local PSB ( that copies international standards ) = Anti-International standards???

Edited by bruce71

Raptor: ( quote )

"As one gains more experience on a bike... one's perceptions and views on how a bike should be ridden will change over time.. just live and let live for now." :thumb:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when people want ...

on one hand,

Demand PSB use 'better' international standards but yet at the same time

on the other hand,

demand PSB reduce its standards by reducing numbers used for destructive testing

contradictory?

when on one hand,

views DOT as rubbish for not doing testing but certify based on paperwork as proof of testing done by others. wtf system! & but yet at the same time

on the other hand,

demand that PSB certify tests done by others. if PSB does that, how is that any different from what DOT is doing?

contradictory?

Singapore, where it is really A.M.D.K. & double standards apply.

"As one gains more experience on a bike... one's perceptions and views on how a bike should be ridden will change over time.. just live and let live for now." :thumb:

To put TP's reply in context, I think it is necessary to post my original email.

Dear LTA, Traffic Police and SPRING,

I am writing in to feedback on the use of motorcycle helmets that are certified by recognized international certification bodies, but not SPRING.

As a motorcyclist, I am keenly aware of the importance of wearing a good motorcycle helmet when I am riding. I also understand that the use of motorcycle helmets is governed by the Road Traffic Act (CAP 276) Section 74, and the Road Traffic (Approved Helmets) Notification. I believe the policy intent of the abovementioned legislation is to ensure that motorcycle helmets worn by riders in Singapore can provide adequate protection to the rider’s head in the event of an accident. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Over the years, I observe that there are motorcycle helmets that have been tested and certified safe for road use by recognized international certification bodies – such as the US DOT (DOT FMVSS 218), US Snell Foundation (Snell M2010), European ECE (ECE Regulation 22), Japanese JIS (JIS T 8133:2000) – but not by SPRING. As a result, these helmets technically cannot be used in Singapore. However, many of these helmets are built to very high safety standards and far exceed the requirements of international standards, and very likely also the Singapore Standard SS9:1992. I am referring to full-face helmets that protect the entire head of the rider and have been used widely on the roads and even in motorsports.

I would also like to point your attention to the Road Traffic (Approved Helmets) Notification:

For the purposes of section 74(1) and (2) of the Act, the protective helmet —

a) to be worn on the head of every person who drives or is carried on a motor cycle; or

b) to be sold or offered for sale or had in possession for sale,

shall be of the following type approved by the Minister for Home Affairs:

i. it shall conform to the requirements of the Singapore Standard Specification S.S. 9:1992 (UDC 614.891: 629.047: 687.4: 629.113) as published by the Singapore Productivity and Standards Board; and

ii. it shall bear the PSB CERTIFICATION MARK, or the PSB BATCH INSPECTED label, of the Singapore Productivity and Standards Board unless the mark or the label is worn out through wear and tear.

I understand that the international certification bodies uphold safety standards that are no lower than those of SPRING. In fact, I believe the SS9:1992 was based on overseas standards when it (or its earliest version) was first drafted. As such, it is very likely that the international standards mentioned earlier (e.g. US DOT FMVSS 218 and ECE Regulation 22) meet or exceed the SS9:1992. Therefore, motorcycle helmets that have been certified to meet these international standards also conform to the requirements of the SS9:1992. Therefore, these helmets should be allowed to be used in Singapore; they have been tested to provide adequate protection to the rider’s head. For reference, Singapore already adopts international safety standards such as the ISO18000 series. In addition, LTA refers to international standards for aftermarket exhaust systems for vehicles.

To further support my point, I refer to my recent conversation with a local motorcycle accessories shop owner. I was told that in order for a particular motorcycle helmet to be certified by SPRING, twenty (20) pieces of the helmet must be sent to SPRING / TUV-SUD-PSB for destructive testing. Given the small population of riders Singapore (compared to that of the US, Europe or Japan, for example), this can be prohibitively expensive for distributors. Thus, many distributors refuse to do so and would rather take the risk and sell uncertified-by-SPRING helmets to Singaporean riders. Moreover, these helmets tend to cost significantly less because the distributor did not have to sacrifice 20 helmets for testing. In simple terms, the helmets are not SPRING-certified not due to safety reason, but due to economic reason! This is certainly not the policy intent of the Road Traffic (Approved Helmets) Notification.

In view of the above, I would like to appeal to the relevant authorities to seriously consider:

1. Allow motorcycle helmets that meet international safety standards to be used in Singapore, wherever the said international safety standards meet or exceed the SS9:1992.

2. Review Para (ii) of the Road Traffic (Approved Helmets) Notification to recognize the labels of international safety certification which meet or exceed the SS9:1992.

I sincerely hope this will make high-quality helmets more affordable and more widely available to protect riders. Thank you for your time and consideration. Wish you a pleasant 2013 ahead.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX

Avid motorcyclist since 2003

Anyway, after writing this email, I checked out the SS9:1992 standard and found that it was based on the British BS6658:1985 and also referred to ISO/DIS1511:1970 and AS1698:1988. I couldn't help but notice that all these are decades old! No wonder some dubious cheap open-face helmets sold by XXX can pass. It is high time for the authorities to review the SS9 and bring it up to par with the latest standards.

Both mechwira and bruce71 made good and valid points. My suggestion to the authorities basically amounted to allowing foreign-certified helmets to be used in Singapore, i.e. will not be booked by TP; I did not ask SPRING to put their sticker on helmets they did not test, which would be unreasonable. If the foreign standard meets or exceeds the Singapore standard, then we have greatly reduced the system risk. The consumer is left to deal with random risk, which batch testing tries to reduce. However, we should remember that nothing can totally eliminate this risk. If you are unlucky enough to be wearing a one-in-10,000 defective Arai when you crash, the SPRING sticker is not going to help.

This is where "caveat emptor" comes in. Buyers of non-SPRING-certified helmets should be aware that these helmets, while certified to meet international safety standards, are not batch-tested locally and therefore may suffer from batch-specific defects in addition to random defects. This already applies to existing users of non-SPRING-certified helmets. I was making an informed decision when I chose the uncertified HJC RPHA-10 over the certified Shoei Qwest.

Our kiasu and kiasi authorities would never allow such a policy nightmare to happen, though. Especially since this can be settled by a small amount of money (paying a couple hundred dollars more for a certified helmet). It's a "first world problem", compared to exorbitant HDB and COE prices.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

To put TP's reply in context, I think it is necessary to post my original email.

Anyway, after writing this email, I checked out the SS9:1992 standard and found that it was based on the British BS6658:1985 and also referred to ISO/DIS1511:1970 and AS1698:1988. I couldn't help but notice that all these are decades old! No wonder some dubious cheap open-face helmets sold by XXX can pass. It is high time for the authorities to review the SS9 and bring it up to par with the latest standards.

Both mechwira and bruce71 made good and valid points. My suggestion to the authorities basically amounted to allowing foreign-certified helmets to be used in Singapore, i.e. will not be booked by TP; I did not ask SPRING to put their sticker on helmets they did not test, which would be unreasonable. If the foreign standard meets or exceeds the Singapore standard, then we have greatly reduced the system risk. The consumer is left to deal with random risk, which batch testing tries to reduce. However, we should remember that nothing can totally eliminate this risk. If you are unlucky enough to be wearing a one-in-10,000 defective Arai when you crash, the SPRING sticker is not going to help.

This is where "caveat emptor" comes in. Buyers of non-SPRING-certified helmets should be aware that these helmets, while certified to meet international safety standards, are not batch-tested locally and therefore may suffer from batch-specific defects in addition to random defects. This already applies to existing users of non-SPRING-certified helmets. I was making an informed decision when I chose the uncertified HJC RPHA-10 over the certified Shoei Qwest.

Our kiasu and kiasi authorities would never allow such a policy nightmare to happen, though. Especially since this can be settled by a small amount of money (paying a couple hundred dollars more for a certified helmet). It's a "first world problem", compared to exorbitant HDB and COE prices.

thanks, finally some one got my point. i have no axe to grind, is my engrish correct?

your proposal sounds more logical. not probable, but possible & at least sensible. might work, though still a long shot! good luck!

peace to everyone,

HUAT~~~ARRRRR!!! :)

Edited by bruce71

• 1 month later...

RPHA-10 has higher safety rating than Arais and Shoeis....and cheaper. Long story short, PSB rating is capalang.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't confirm if this is true ...

In event of claim from insurance company they will reject all claims if rider/passenger found to have used non PSB approved.

You may wish to consider this point when purchasing your next helmet.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

In event of claim from insurance company they will reject all claims if rider/passenger found to have used non PSB approved.

Cheers

So it comes down to...

Wear a capalang helmet with psb. Meet with an accident. Suffer major head injuries and able to claim.

Or

Wear a non psb approved arai/shoei. Meet with an accident. Do not suffer from any major head injuries due to superior helmet protection. Walk away with little or no head injury.

Interesting.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

So it comes down to...

Wear a capalang helmet with psb. Meet with an accident. Suffer major head injuries and able to claim.

Or

Wear a non psb approved arai/shoei. Meet with an accident. Do not suffer from any major head injuries due to superior helmet protection. Walk away with little or no head injury.

Interesting.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a typical gahmen scheme, either you die or cannot claim, your choice.

actually for what i know be it psb or not psb if u really met with an major accident that so call tested the helmet durability, the chances of u to survive and able to claim ur insurance is low. 2nd i dont need insurance company or TP will check on your helmet when accident happen. So far TP only caught ppl who use dark visor & the helmet strap issue, I am not judging base on anything, i have seem before psb approve helmet but the quality is sh!t. Not saying that those branded helmet are best or good quality but i believe DOT and SNELL are trustable. I hear story like psb sticker can be bought.. so meaning that the helmet u wear might not be psb approve.

In short, having a decent full face with a decent brand and buy from a reliable bikeshop is the most trustable thing you can do for yourself.

There is someone out there for me

I know there is someone out there

I know she is waiting so patiently yeah

Can you tell me her name?

(Somebody tell me her name)

This life-long search is gonna drive me insane

How does she laugh?

How does she cry?

What's the color of her eyes?

Does she even realize I'm here?

Where is she? Where is she? Where is she?

Where is this beautiful girl?Who is she? Who is she?

Who is gonna complete my world?

(J. Roman & Soluna 'Where are you')

Cheers

Hi

I'm a newbie, just join this forum.

I have not been riding for 20+ years, plan to get a bike due to high car COE!

Try to look for a long, reliable and est. brand, to my surprise when I look for Bell helmets there is no distributor in Singapore! I call up LTA push to TP push to PSB, finally PSB said their test is international standard, for LTA and TP no comment was given! This lady Ms Wong(PSB- helmets test department) have not heard the brand "Bell" before.

After reading you guys post in this forum it makes me confuse and also worry about one important point here. That is insurance cover!

As everyone knew paying an isurance is easy and is get higher and higher every year but for them to pay you upon you having an accidents(minor/major) is NOT EASY! My question is will the insurance company reject all claims if rider/passenger found to have used non PSB approved?

Your accident maybe (minor/major) but these insurance companies will take advantage of non PSB approved helmets to reject all your claims!

What is your comments or anyone who have experience that wear a non PSB approved helmet can still claim their/ third party insurance before?

Kindly advise. Thanks

My advice would be, just buy whatever helmet that is comfortable & make you feel safe. No need care about the authorities.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

My advice would be, just buy whatever helmet that is comfortable & make you feel safe. No need care about the authorities.

What about when you have a minor and major accident and you need to claim your insurance and your are rejected because of the PSB approved matter!!:pity:

Edited by safe&ins
spellin mistake

What about when you have a minor and major accident and you need to claim your insurance and your are rejected because of the PSB approved matter!!:pity:

Touch wood leh! Then let me ask you, what if the "PSB approved" $50 can't keep you alive or safe from head injuries in an accident? What would your insurer do?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2015 - ???? Quit riding

SNELL makes the helmet manufacturer pay them the cost of randomly buying the helmets off random shelves in the country, and these helmets are then tested by SNELL. the process is repeated for re-certification. and they don't test country by country, as long as its the exact same model.

DOT is the stupid one. the manufacturer themselves submit documents to prove they tested their own helmets to meet the DOT requirements. the DOT authorities only check this paperwork in order, and gives the DOT ...

... I am not judging base on anything, i have seem before psb approve helmet but the quality is sh!t. Not saying that those branded helmet are best or good quality but i believe DOT and SNELL are trustable. I hear story like psb sticker can be bought.. so meaning that the helmet u wear might not be psb approve.

In short, having a decent full face with a decent brand and buy from a reliable bikeshop is the most trustable thing you can do for yourself.

Don't discredit yourself by revealing your blind faith & trust in "foreign" accrediting without even bothering to even read & understand what is really going on...

DOT = NO TESTING

SNELL = NO BATCH TESTING, they test a few sold in USA, approve worldwide, regardless if the ones sold in US is of the same sold here.

See above post & do re-read BOTH SIDES of the arguments again, put aside your bias & prejudices, be objective.

Edited by bruce71

Touch wood leh! Then let me ask you, what if the "PSB approved" $50 can't keep you alive or safe from head injuries in an accident? What would your insurer do?

ever saw what happens to a car collision at only 60kph?

if i recall correctly, NO HELMET will save you at speeds above 50kph. NONE, not even the best made one.

some years ago, a female rider was killed on thailand highway wearing a full faced Expensive famous brand helmet.

Ask the famous brands, do they guarantee you won't die, or head won't get injured in a crash?

i have been in a crash before, my $25 helmet hit a car bumper on the expressway & saved my life. i have known of others in expensive helmets, giving them false sense of security & died in a crash.

maybe it is due to the fact i was riding too slowly while they rode too fast.

bottom line? what do you think?

ever saw what happens to a car collision at only 60kph?

if i recall correctly, NO HELMET will save you at speeds above 50kph. NONE, not even the best made one.

some years ago, a female rider was killed on thailand highway wearing a full faced Expensive famous brand helmet.

Ask the famous brands, do they guarantee you won't die, or head won't get injured in a crash?

i have been in a crash before, my $25 helmet hit a car bumper on the expressway & saved my life. i have known of others in expensive helmets, giving them false sense of security & died in a crash.

maybe it is due to the fact i was riding too slowly while they rode too fast.

bottom line? what do you think?

That's why I'm trying to tell him, buy one that's comfortable lor. Why care about the claims? Like what you said, even the famous brand helmet can't guarantee any safety then why care about the PSB's standard? PSB approved = won't die or injured?

2015 - ???? Quit riding

That's why I'm trying to tell him, buy one that's comfortable lor. Why care about the claims? Like what you said, even the famous brand helmet can't guarantee any safety then why care about the PSB's standard? PSB approved = won't die or injured?

there is a fine difference between "don't care which standard" and "don't care about standards".

the arguments so far has been about PSB vs International Standards. I prefer international, others prefer PSB. this can go on until pigs fly and cows come home. end of the day, these arguments are from people who care about their heads and want to be sure what is safest possible, even if guarantee is impossible.

but when you don't care about standards at all, thats totally different. saying PSB/DOT/SNELL all cannot 100% guarantee safe (or worse still 100kmh head impact 100% die regardless PSB/DOT/SNELL) so dont bother with these standards, heck then why wear helmet at all? just so TP wont stop?

i put on helmet because i want to be safe. i make sure my full face is SNELL. when my father old man rides his phantom to work, i make sure the helmet he wears is PSB instead of super-cheap model without PSB. i cant be bothered to explain standards to my old man and he wont bother, so i just make sure he has PSB coz at least it is some standard.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

there is a fine difference between "don't care which standard" and "don't care about standards".

the arguments so far has been about PSB vs International Standards. I prefer international, others prefer PSB. this can go on until pigs fly and cows come home. end of the day, these arguments are from people who care about their heads and want to be sure what is safest possible, even if guarantee is impossible.

but when you don't care about standards at all, thats totally different. saying PSB/DOT/SNELL all cannot 100% guarantee safe (or worse still 100kmh head impact 100% die regardless PSB/DOT/SNELL) so dont bother with these standards, heck then why wear helmet at all? just so TP wont stop?

i put on helmet because i want to be safe. i make sure my full face is SNELL. when my father old man rides his phantom to work, i make sure the helmet he wears is PSB instead of super-cheap model without PSB. i cant be bothered to explain standards to my old man and he wont bother, so i just make sure he has PSB coz at least it is some standard.

True! Argue 10 years also no outcome lol.

2015 - ???? Quit riding

i believe this is true.

but this is about a helmet-ed head directly impacting an object at speeds in excess of 50kph. like, you slam into the back of a stationary truck from 60kmh and your head straight smash into the truck.

but majority of bike accidents dont happen this way. majority of bike accidents involve the biker falling to the ground, head hitting the ground and then being dragged until come to a stop.

and this head hitting the ground, it doesnt matter if you were riding at 10kmh or 100kmh, the impact depends only the height because this impact is due to gravity. after that, you need a helmet that continues maintaining its structure and cushioning while you're being dragged and possibly encounter bumps along the way.

thats why GP racers crash spectacularly at 200 plus kmh still survive. but the late Daijiro Kato rammed into a wall at 100 plus kmh and died.

so the question remains which standard is best, but direct head-on impacts above 50kmh i agree no point. but i also think the wrong standard (or no standard) might give insufficient protection in the region which can still be protected. but i've said enough about my opinions on these standards.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Maybe you don't get my point! No one want accident to happens, it maybe a minor accidents that cause by third party, when you need to claim them the cost you paid for hospital bill and repair cost or future medical expense. They may reject due to the "non psb approved" helmet and you can't claim your's as well. No one is going to petty you! suffer from pain and lost of $$$

If you ride / drive, we are paying higher and higher price for insurance every year and the LTA has comes out with the rule PSB approved helmets, which I came to know lately. This give a chance for the insurance company to reject any claims(big/small) if your are wearing a "non psb approved" high quality and realiable brands helmet. Is it fair?

I'm trying to buy a Bell shorty helmet due to hot weather here but is very disapointed with the rules here! This is a very long and realiable brand with DOT approved, where the lady incharge of PSB helmets testing dept. never hear of it before. They should have let the rider who bought the helmet from oversea to send it personally to test, if approved just issue the PSB sticker to the particular helmet!

Maybe you don't get my point! No one want accident to happens, it maybe a minor accidents that cause by third party, when you need to claim them the cost you paid for hospital bill and repair cost or future medical expense. They may reject due to the "non psb approved" helmet and you can't claim your's as well. No one is going to petty you! suffer from pain and lost of $$$

If you ride / drive, we are paying higher and higher price for insurance every year and the LTA has comes out with the rule PSB approved helmets, which I came to know lately. This give a chance for the insurance company to reject any claims(big/small) if your are wearing a "non psb approved" high quality and realiable brands helmet. Is it fair?

I'm trying to buy a Bell shorty helmet due to hot weather here but is very disapointed with the rules here! This is a very long and realiable brand with DOT approved, where the lady incharge of PSB helmets testing dept. never hear of it before. They should have let the rider who bought the helmet from oversea to send it personally to test, if approved just issue the PSB sticker to the particular helmet!

Maybe you don't get my point!

Sorry then. I'll take back all my words. Buy whatever helmet you want. Bye ~~

2015 - ???? Quit riding