SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Non PSB approved helmets

tein228

Will you use non PSB approved helmets?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use non PSB approved helmets?

• Yes, I will.
    • No, I will not use non PSB approved helmets.
    • Not sure I will use, due the possibility to get "caught"

snell and dot standards are recognised worldwide?

close 2 eyes also better than PSB. :angel:

Productivity and Standards Board - SINGAPORE

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does any1 know of any link that has PSB helmets testing procedures and results?

webbikeworld.com has comparison for DOT, SNell and ECE.

dun bother. PSB standard is nowhere near DOT, Snell or ECE.

20bucks helmet can hav tat damn sticker, but not a top-of-the-line helmet from shoei/arai/agv/etc DOT/SNell/ECE certified helmet.

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

dun bother. PSB standard is nowhere near DOT, Snell or ECE.

20bucks helmet can hav tat damn sticker, but not a top-of-the-line helmet from shoei/arai/agv/etc DOT/SNell/ECE certified helmet.

makes a whole lot of sense...:thumb:

Those Who Don't Know Pain

Can Never Know True Peace

so why are they being so anal abt having psb stickers if DOT and Snell are recognised worldwide? tsk. we need to put a rider into the system and shift the laws in our favour.haha.

I agree. Even our license category is wrong. Should be like most countries with just 2 classes. I'm sure if ppl can ride a 400cc they definitely feel comfortable on a 1000cc.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an accident somehwere at the start of this year. They didnt ask about my helmet at all. The officers at the scene just bothered more about me strapping the helmet preventing the helmet from flying off and the IO didnt ask about it either. BTW i was using the MHR black venom which wasnt PSB approved.

2 wheeled bicycle, Nsr Sp, Babyblade!

Anyone know where to find the list of all PSB-approved helmets ? Can't find it on the net.

Need to buy a helmet, I want a nice one, but insurance thinggy makes me opt more for a PSB-approved one, just to be on the safe side.

Thx

Anyone know where to find the list of all PSB-approved helmets ? Can't find it on the net.

Need to buy a helmet, I want a nice one, but insurance thinggy makes me opt more for a PSB-approved one, just to be on the safe side.

Thx

i dont think there's such a list available to the public.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• 2 weeks later...

And what about using the knowledge of the group to get this list ? Here are a few brands with nice helmets, could anyone mention if :

(i) some are PSB approved and (if yes)

(ii) which model is approved and

(iii) where to find them ?

1- No Fear

2- BO - Bike Original

3- Tytan

4- Marushin

5- Andrea cardone

6- Astone

7- suomy

8- Dainese

9- iota

10- Nexx

11-Nolan

12- A-Style

13- Roof

14- Nox

Thanks !!

• 3 weeks later...

I really think the TPs can't be bothered to check helmet. The Malaysian riders won't have the PSB stickers on their helmets anyway, and if they can ride on our roads, what right do the TPs have for catching the local riders who don't have the PSB-stickered helmets?:dot:

They have the right as it is singapore and you are singaporean. we are bound to our country jurisdiction and there is absolutely nothing any local rider can do about it as it required by law to have the blue sticker, other than donning one without it illegally and hoping tp wont fault on it if ever stopped by one.

And what about using the knowledge of the group to get this list ? Here are a few brands with nice helmets, could anyone mention if :

(i) some are PSB approved and (if yes)

(ii) which model is approved and

(iii) where to find them ?

1- No Fear

2- BO - Bike Original

3- Tytan

4- Marushin

5- Andrea cardone

6- Astone

7- suomy

8- Dainese

9- iota

10- Nexx

11-Nolan

12- A-Style

13- Roof

14- Nox

15- 661 aka sixsixone

Thanks !!

said it once, and will not hesitate to say it again right in the face of TP/LTA..

PSB standard is set by who? your standard surpass or on par with DOT or SNELL standards?

anyway, i got stopped on a TP roadblock just last week. i was wearing my 661 motocross helmet with tinted goggles at night. nothing was mentioned about my helmet at all. even if it was mentioned, like i said, "PSB? stand aside."

is a psb approved helmet still considered psb approved when the sticker falls out and u are stopped on the road? how can they check? will they take my helmet away and anyhow throw to station to check and come back with ***king alot of scratches too?

2010 july 10-sept 14: Daelim Roadwin 125

16 sept 2010 - 5 oct 2012: Bajaj pulsar 200 DTSI

18 march 2013- ? : Honda NSR sp

I once set on a S1000r and the curse begun, u never wanna ride anything else besides sports bikes ever again!

Just wear the sticker.

It's a magical charm that protects ur head better than a few hundred dollars helmet since the sticker can make cheap helmet of standard use.

Hahahaha...

X1-R 2010 model

Star Brake Lines

K&N Air Filter

EzzyOiler

Fuel Consumption Excel File (Update columns in blue), download @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38849257/Fuel%20Consumption-20120222-154031.xls

The key is "it shall conform to the requirements of the Singapore Standard Specification S.S. 9:1992 (UDC 614.891: 629.047: 687.4: 629.113)"

As long as the DOT / SNELL / ECE standards meet or exceed the SS 9:1992, wearing such approved helmets should not land you in trouble because after all, the sticker is merely an indication that the helmet has met the SS 9:1992.

One of these days we should investigate these standards and see if the above is true. It is possible can get the authorities to amend the rules to recognise foreign standards that meet or exceed the local standard (our local standard came from British Standards anyway). The same strategy was used to get the authorities to allow foreign-approved aftermarket exhausts.

Edited by rhema83

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

It is possible can get the authorities to amend the rules to recognise foreign standards that meet or exceed the local standard (our local standard came from British Standards anyway). The same strategy was used to get the authorities to allow foreign-approved aftermarket exhausts.

all write in partition.. hahahah... anyone sticker drop tio stop then suai suai tio some ****?

psb definitely cant compare to Japan SG, DOT and SNELL

crappy country =.=

2010 july 10-sept 14: Daelim Roadwin 125

16 sept 2010 - 5 oct 2012: Bajaj pulsar 200 DTSI

18 march 2013- ? : Honda NSR sp

I once set on a S1000r and the curse begun, u never wanna ride anything else besides sports bikes ever again!

• 7 months later...

....Quoted post was removed

Edited by swoosh
quote was removed

anyway, i miss wildcard.

just one of his insensate followers...

old thread

:giddy:

i will use any helmet as long as my insurance company approve. PSB, DOT, SNELL are just standards set by organisation in different countries. the problem is are they recognised in your country?

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

old thread

:giddy:

i will use any helmet as long as my insurance company approve. PSB, DOT, SNELL are just standards set by organisation in different countries. the problem is are they recognised in your country?

So you are saying your insurance company actually dictate what helmet you should wear?

anyway, i miss wildcard.

just one of his insensate followers...