[Discussion] What's bugging you now?

Raptor

sian once a week or once every 2 or 3 weeks riding really is going to kill me for my class 2a soon.

Today take the chance to try to ride, wobble lah, wrong gear lah,wobble when stopping...

now riding also abit struggling..geez

• Replies 8k

I really like buying stationary.

And yesterday, sorting thru my box after buying another fountain pen.....realised that the Kilometrico Pens seems to be drying up!

I don't really do a lot of writing. And my handwriting is known as ugly. Uneven. But still, I like buying or keeping smooth writing pens.

And since Daiso sells fountain pens, I seem to be collecting them too. I throw them around my work space. But seriously, my writing is no calligraphy style.

And ermm..been kinda donating the pens, staplers and punchers here and there, at police stations, and even into the office stationary cabinent. People are stealing stationary home....I am replendishing it.

When I am in secondary schools, I like to collect the shaker mechanical pencils.. I have boxes of collections of them.. Now looking back felt I am silly about it. Am wondering where I can donate them and just keeping a few of them for memory sake. Nowadays some charity organization don't even want to accept used items and only new. For example I tried to donate my used laptop in very good condition good for excel, office. They say hit quota or wanted brand new only.. Geez..So I sold off to old some dealers who take in at S$80 for my laptop.

I just took a call.....and sigh.....it bugs me.

Me: *Took up phone and "Good Morning"

Caller: *slow slow speaking, maybe trying to practise diction* Good....morning....to...you. Will you....kindly....put....me...to Ms...Tan?

Me: Which Ms Tan?

Caller: Erm.....Ms Tan?

Me: I have several Ms Tan, from which department?

Caller: Accounts? This is an accounting firm?

Me: Yes. We are an Accounting firm, but my accounts department only has one Ms Chew, the Tans are in other depts.

Caller: Ermmm ok...*Can hear the caller ruffling some papers* quote a name. (And she is not a Ms Tan! She is actually a Ms Bong!)

Me: Hold on. *Transfer call*

Sigh.....for heavens sake! Please have the name of the person on your hand when you call! Stop just assuming that people on the other end of the phone knows exactly who you are referring to! I pick up calls, usually on the first or second ring.

And this blindly shoot for someone, in a mid size firm where I might have 5 Ms Tan is downright wasting my time! Where you cannot respect other people and waste their time, shows your professionalism is not there!

Oh, just to add...I have two Ms Bong too.

And people are often shocked to realised that such a small company has such rare occurance of two Ms Bong. And, no, they are NOT related.

Edited by ViciousKitty74

And yesterday, sorting thru my box after buying another fountain pen.....realised that the Kilometrico Pens seems to be drying up!

I don't really do a lot of writing. And my handwriting is known as ugly. Uneven. But still, I like buying or keeping smooth writing pens.

And since Daiso sells fountain pens, I seem to be collecting them too. I throw them around my work space. But seriously, my writing is no calligraphy style.

I like kilometrico pens. Used to keep a few but then just like yours it dried up. :(

When I am in secondary schools, I like to collect the shaker mechanical pencils.. I have boxes of collections of them.. Now looking back felt I am silly about it. Am wondering where I can donate them and just keeping a few of them for memory sake. Nowadays some charity organization don't even want to accept used items and only new. For example I tried to donate my used laptop in very good condition good for excel, office. They say hit quota or wanted brand new only.. Geez..So I sold off to old some dealers who take in at S$80 for my laptop.
Those shaker pens are cool. Used to have a green and black. That was all I could afford then. :rolleyes:

I just took a call.....and sigh.....it bugs me.

Me: *Took up phone and "Good Morning"

Caller: *slow slow speaking, maybe trying to practise diction* Good....morning....to...you. Will you....kindly....put....me...to Ms...Tan?

Me: Which Ms Tan?

Caller: Erm.....Ms Tan?

Me: I have several Ms Tan, from which department?

Caller: Accounts? This is an accounting firm?

Me: Yes. We are an Accounting firm, but my accounts department only has one Ms Chew, the Tans are in other depts.

Caller: Ermmm ok...*Can hear the caller ruffling some papers* quote a name. (And she is not a Ms Tan! She is actually a Ms Bong!)

Me: Hold on. *Transfer call*

Sigh.....for heavens sake! Please have the name of the person on your hand when you call! Stop just assuming that people on the other end of the phone knows exactly who you are referring to! I pick up calls, usually on the first or second ring.

And this blindly shoot for someone, in a mid size firm where I might have 5 Ms Tan is downright wasting my time! Where you cannot respect other people and waste their time, shows your professionalism is not there!

Oh, just to add...I have two Ms Bong too.

And people are often shocked to realised that such a small company has such rare occurance of two Ms Bong. And, no, they are NOT related.

Bong? That kinda cracked me up. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Since most of you already knows that my name sounds similar to Mickey Mouse.

And on the phone, one time, some silly fella decides to play that joke.

Oh Wow, you are a Mickey, and I am Donald Duck.

To which I reply: Yes. I see, will you be any relations to Donald Quek? Our director?

That got them to go quiet....I truly had a Director, that is Donald Quek.

Since most of you already knows that my name sounds similar to Mickey Mouse.

And on the phone, one time, some silly fella decides to play that joke.

Oh Wow, you are a Mickey, and I am Donald Duck.

To which I reply: Yes. I see, will you be any relations to Donald Quek? Our director?

That got them to go quiet....I truly had a Director, that is Donald Quek.

Duck? Quek?

https://youtu.be/LoR3qnpyu38

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

I have a jaybird X headset bought in year 2014. It was purchased via apple online store and it has so called lifetime warranty on sweat.

After sometime running say about 10 mins or 15 mins, the headset will auto off/disconnect. This is getting frequent and frustrating and one earpiece started to corrode or peel off which small pieces can get into your ear. I went to the distributor for Jaybird at ubi, firstly never picked up call and no choice I pay them a visit. Was told my warranty expired and for the sweat issue to contact jaybird US directly and was shown to the door. What lousy and unprofessional service by JAYbird distributor.. Sent an email to jaybird US yesterday and awaiting reply..

I have a jaybird X headset bought in year 2014. It was purchased via apple online store and it has so called lifetime warranty on sweat.

After sometime running say about 10 mins or 15 mins, the headset will auto off/disconnect. This is getting frequent and frustrating and one earpiece started to corrode or peel off which small pieces can get into your ear. I went to the distributor for Jaybird at ubi, firstly never picked up call and no choice I pay them a visit. Was told my warranty expired and for the sweat issue to contact jaybird US directly and was shown to the door. What lousy and unprofessional service by JAYbird distributor.. Sent an email to jaybird US yesterday and awaiting reply..

Speaking of which, am still contemplating on whether or not to buy a set of wireless headphones. Got a set of gaming headphones but then the cord is not long enough. Wondering if a wireless headphone is good. Would solve the issue definitely. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

Speaking of which, am still contemplating on whether or not to buy a set of wireless headphones. Got a set of gaming headphones but then the cord is not long enough. Wondering if a wireless headphone is good. Would solve the issue definitely. :cool:

Somehow I feel wireless headphone sound quality is not as good as wired. I have no choice to get wireless for my running. But if home such as gaming or music I will get a nice wired one instead.

Had a feeling it would be so. But then again I do not need crystal clear sound. Crystal clear graphics more important. Then again it is just me. :cool:

KRGT-1

Still no news or email reply back from Jaybird US.

I guess so much so for lifetime sweat warranty....

Think I will have to explore wired headphones for my run should my x and x2 dies completely..

Still no news or email reply back from Jaybird US.

I guess so much so for lifetime sweat warranty....

Think I will have to explore wired headphones for my run should my x and x2 dies completely..

I have always been skeptical about all these type of lifetime warranty. Still feel its just a tactic to get consumers to buy their stuff. Of course if it gets damaged/spoiled after only a few months of usage they will replace it but doubt they will do so if the product had been used for a few years. For earphones I would stick to wired ones. It does not bother me, well at least not that much. Plus I get to share music with someone by offering one side of the earphone while not moving. :o

Always bother me when drivers overtake so dangerously close. Instead of changing to the other empty lane beside and then overtake. They will simply share the lane with you forcing you to move so much to the side you are on the line. Also drivers who get intimidated/agitated when you lane split to the front when the light is red. Instead of moving off a bit later (1 second or lesser) they will start revving and inch closer and closer to you while the light is still red only to be 'smoked' when the light turns green. :cool:

KRGT-1

I have always been skeptical about all these type of lifetime warranty. Still feel its just a tactic to get consumers to buy their stuff. Of course if it gets damaged/spoiled after only a few months of usage they will replace it but doubt they will do so if the product had been used for a few years. For earphones I would stick to wired ones. It does not bother me, well at least not that much. Plus I get to share music with someone by offering one side of the earphone while not moving. :o

Always bother me when drivers overtake so dangerously close. Instead of changing to the other empty lane beside and then overtake. They will simply share the lane with you forcing you to move so much to the side you are on the line. Also drivers who get intimidated/agitated when you lane split to the front when the light is red. Instead of moving off a bit later (1 second or lesser) they will start revving and inch closer and closer to you while the light is still red only to be 'smoked' when the light turns green. :cool:

Lifetime warranty, another brand I can think of is D-Link router. I had it router when wifi just started out. They really do honour their lifetime warranty and even when my router is EOL, they gave me a new model router. I changed about 3 times without receipt somemore. But now I guess is hard for business to sustain such business model for warranty. I think now they had changed policy to 1 or 3 years for warranty. yeah think I will go back to wired headphones but after both my headset died. Just felt frustrated that the such companies playing tai chi with their warranty thing.Then now no reply. I rather they replied sorry not allowed because in different region etc than keeping me waiting..

Well bikers will always be on the losing end so no choice I always let them win. So far I encountered once where I lane split to front when light is red, after that driver rev and nearly running me down...Sigh so normally, if no much cars traffic I will just stay at the back, if traffic super jam then only lane split to the front.

Lifetime warranty, another brand I can think of is D-Link router. I had it router when wifi just started out. They really do honour their lifetime warranty and even when my router is EOL, they gave me a new model router. I changed about 3 times without receipt somemore. But now I guess is hard for business to sustain such business model for warranty. I think now they had changed policy to 1 or 3 years for warranty. yeah think I will go back to wired headphones but after both my headset died. Just felt frustrated that the such companies playing tai chi with their warranty thing.Then now no reply. I rather they replied sorry not allowed because in different region etc than keeping me waiting..

Well bikers will always be on the losing end so no choice I always let them win. So far I encountered once where I lane split to front when light is red, after that driver rev and nearly running me down...Sigh so normally, if no much cars traffic I will just stay at the back, if traffic super jam then only lane split to the front.

Thats the thing. They know riders are vulnerable and took advantage of it. Pretty much describe a road bully. Harming someone weaker and vunerable. :cool:

KRGT-1

Finally US Jaybird replied me asking for my details & receipt this morning.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I can start to ship the headset back to them!

Hope everything turns out well for you. :cool:

KRGT-1

How are things down under? :cool:

A bit cold, but I'll survive

Same here in Australia. Kilometrico pens dry up and even faster if the cap is missing

I was thinking of getting a Shaker mechanical pencil and my only hope is eBay but it's too expensive. I think it's A$11 or something.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Kilometrico pens dry up and even faster if the cap is missing.

I was thinking of getting a Shaker mechanical pencil and my only hope is eBay but it's too expensive. I think it's A$11 or something.

Well, mine had their cap on. Had to throw them away already.

I realised there is no point me carrying around Mechanical pencils in my bag, since we nowadays never use them. I only use them in the office to draw lines on the books. Sigh. But I do carry around a pencil sharpener because I am lugging those adult coloring books and all those color pencils.

And they are now so new fangled. But I know they dont last. because they are glued into a container and if you use a bit more strength, it breaks from the container.

I even managed to find 15 slightly old fashion sharpeners for $1.20 at those Balloons and party stuff shop at Old Chinatown. Guess its now relegated to novelty items.

Edited by ViciousKitty74

I decided to take the plunge to buy AGV pista for my full face helmet.. However, racing world XL is too painful for my ear.. Wanted to try xxl but no size... geeez. going to regina to try luck see if they got xxl.. My agv modular xl is getting loose and is not comfortable wearing now... Or maybe AGV does not suit me... Going to try out shoei X-14 or Arai astro before buying

Saw today on my facebook, a little girl aged 3 battling disease and lost the battle.

It pains and saddens me that such thing happening.

I can feel the pain that I teared a little..

RIP little one..

I decided to take the plunge to buy AGV pista for my full face helmet.. However, racing world XL is too painful for my ear.. Wanted to try xxl but no size... geeez. going to regina to try luck see if they got xxl.. My agv modular xl is getting loose and is not comfortable wearing now... Or maybe AGV does not suit me... Going to try out shoei X-14 or Arai astro before buying

You probably can substitute out the old cushions, or wear those buffs.

I know when I shaved my hair for charity. The helmets all became very loose. But nothing a buff and a bandana wont solve.