SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] What's bugging you now?

Raptor

Choi! Choi! Choi!

But just in case. Drag her to temple, pray, get flower take shower, eat vegetarian, go do some volunteer work with her.

Yah choy choy choy. But now a bit paranoid about riding liao. Scenes of final destination movies keep popping up in my mind. 😱

We R One!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yah choy choy choy. But now a bit paranoid about riding liao. Scenes of final destination movies keep popping up in my mind. 😱

...which may not necassarily be a bad thing if that paranoia forces one to ride more defensively. I remember a friend giving me this advise when I was taking my 2B lessons, "ride as if everyone on the road is out to kill you - avoid them all!"

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Yah staying alone. I got another funny joke about it too.

Last year, on company trip to Bangkok, I visited the Love God Shrine, and it was totally very difficult, until I finally told that diety, to let me right that fallen dunno what you call fire on oil, so that I can light the joss sticks and pray for everyone else. The hint is already too obvious, that I am no longer going to be part of anyone.

Cannot. Even already has the unit number wan.

Think even for those who cannot collect the unit. HDB will simply later put it up as Sale of Balance Flat instead of letting us get it.

Oh well, better than nothing. Will still do up the place, maybe into like a nice service apartment style and maybe use it as a home office workshop for my sewing projects.

:goodluck: :)

~ talk less and you'll be listened more to

:angel:

2 decades?!? Oh how fast time flies. :rolleyes:

Speaking of VCRs. Stumbled upon a VHS tape of 'Grease' from way back recently while cleaning the room. Filled with moulds and whatnots. Had to throw it away. Was excited when I found it. Quite reluctant to throw it away though. Oh well. :cool:

Same with my Masters of the Universe and G.I.Joe action figures too. The elastic holding the arms and legs together have broke. I was saddened and definitely bugged because I can't give them to my son to play. I gave him my Iron Man and Spiderman action figures instead because they're still in good condition.

I concur. What I encounter are usually not the overhead bridges but pedestrian crossings that are like less than 10 metres away from the location they are jaywalking. :cool:

Yeah, some people don't want to walk a little bit more to use the pedestrian crossings. How hard can it be to walk a bit more to use the correct crossing?

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Yeah, some people don't want to walk a little bit more to use the pedestrian crossings. How hard can it be to walk a bit more to use the correct crossing?

Go search thru youtube, for the Harith iskandar Festival. It explained hilariously why people do not use pedestrain crossing.

:cool:

Same with my Masters of the Universe and G.I.Joe action figures too. The elastic holding the arms and legs together have broke. I was saddened and definitely bugged because I can't give them to my son to play. I gave him my Iron Man and Spiderman action figures instead because they're still in good condition.

same as how hard can it be to wait for opposite direction traffic to cross before trying to beat the right turn first.

or how hard can it be to queue behind that car trying to exit the x pressway

Another record for Singapore. :rolleyes:

http://www.msn.com/en-sg/lifestyle/lifestylefood/mcdonalds-oldest-employee-is-92-%E2%80%94-and-she-has-no-plans-to-retire/ar-BBsCgxt?li=BBr8Cnr&ocid=mailsignout

Go search thru youtube, for the Harith iskandar Festival. It explained hilariously why people do not use pedestrain crossing.
This? :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

It been like nearly 06 months since my last blood test check. Health concern is so real now and it could just happen to anyone... Young or old... Been exercising and hope my blood test can show improvement which I plan to do end of this year.

Been taking courses to keep myself busy. Just took class 4 and passed and now contemplating whether to take class 5 which is purely to decorate the back of my licence and no chance at all driving class 5. And a few months wait before my 2A.

It been like nearly 06 months since my last blood test check. Health concern is so real now and it could just happen to anyone... Young or old... Been exercising and hope my blood test can show improvement which I plan to do end of this year.

Been taking courses to keep myself busy. Just took class 4 and passed and now contemplating whether to take class 5 which is purely to decorate the back of my licence and no chance at all driving class 5. And a few months wait before my 2A.

Take lah.

You cant exactly use the Class 4 & 5 unless you take on Vocational Licence classes too.

The Class 4 & 5 have slightly different reversing feel. With considerations on your Crane so you shouldnt be stopping at the exact line.

Health wise, I am in worse off shape than you are. Not much I can say. Except that I am learning to enjoy eating Oatmeal, with Canned Bamboo Shoots, Eggs and those deep fried silver fish.

And my experimenting, has resulted in Dried Cranberries in Oatmeal, placed in fridge and on hot afternoons and evenings, serving as Raspberry Swizzle Ice Cream pudding kinda snack.

I used to offer to my contractors, in Daiso mugs with covers, after their hot days work. And they are appreciative.

It still bugs me. How those senior in rank, gets away with their bad behaviours or for covering their mistakes.

i really hope one day, Karma will do more justice.

Through connections? :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Come to think of it. A certain stranger keep popping up in my mind.

I kinda pour some iodine over a boy's feet last weekend.

He was fishing at P.Ubin and walked thru mud with sharp granite stones it seems.

Young good looking chap havent gone thru NS yet. Got dimples in his face even without smiling.

I am bugged at the possible description of such boys. I think the Chinese called them 'Xiao Xian Ruo' aka little fresh meat. I feel the description like a bit too disgusting. Why we call girls 'Xiao Mei Mei' aka little sister or little pretty. But the boys is little fresh meat?

And come to think of it, I wasnt really even noticing him, just making sure his wounds are washed thoroughly with Iodine and applying bandages. Am I losing my cougars touch?

But I did came up with a new interesting tagline though. "Don't mess with me. I am vegetarian, does not mean I cannot shred you up."

Saw the fellow with the dog again by the park. This time walking with his wife I presume. Walked past and again the dog tried to bite my foot. However was quick enough to somewhat change stance/footing avoiding the dog's mouth. The fellow did not said anything this time and so continued on my merry way. :cool:

KRGT-1

Speaking about health.. Dammn yesterday was the start of sore throat, runny nose and sneezing. Sigh kids pass to me I pass to kids the cycle continues and now i am dragging my ass to work. Just brought my kid to see a PD in bishan and was diagnosed with bacterial infection. Well been trying to exercise and eat more vegetables but now I am still down with infection as well.

Guess I will enroll class 5 next month as the enrolment fee had no discount unlike previous time.. Another S$900 + gonna spent for class 5.

Sleepless night by kid coughing and vomiting geez..Hope my kids will get better...

Speaking about health.. Dammn yesterday was the start of sore throat, runny nose and sneezing. Sigh kids pass to me I pass to kids the cycle continues and now i am dragging my ass to work. Just brought my kid to see a PD in bishan and was diagnosed with bacterial infection. Well been trying to exercise and eat more vegetables but now I am still down with infection as well.

Guess I will enroll class 5 next month as the enrolment fee had no discount unlike previous time.. Another S$900 + gonna spent for class 5.

Sleepless night by kid coughing and vomiting geez..Hope my kids will get better...

.....with kids is like that wan. Bacteria Infection argh. You need to dump out the kitchen sponge every month or so. Or I should say, dump it out now. Hot water wipes or steam available surfaces like doors and tables, the edges and underneath. The Chairs, sofa and the toilet Throne.

And soak all those toothbrushes in Listerine. Wipe down handphones too, with Listerine soaked cloths.

Go juice some cucumbers and drink up. Cucumbers will flush the bacteria away. And by all means throw a huge chunk of old ginger into a electric kettle, boil and drink as much in the morning and afternoon. Avoid the night. That's to combat sore throat and coughing at night.

Drink Grape Juice, its will cleanse out your stomach. Throw in Chia Seeds for some added interest. Grape Juice is a natural Intestines Cleaner. Same thing, with Yogurt.

And stop sharing straws, cups, spoons and whatever utensils with your kids. They are already prone to infections from their playschools. Their bodies can't deal very well with adult viruses.

A sudden appearance of LTA officers had scrambled everyone to shift their vehicles, cars motorcycles from my office front Zig Zag line..Why but of course ..

The penalty is S$120 and demerit of 3 points.. Geez..

I said it before, and I will say it again.

When you call yourself a trainer. You train. You polish whatever rough stones that comes under your training. Polish them up with the right technique so they become as cutting diamond as you are.

Your job is not to discipline them. Make sure the trainees are aware of the technique. Help them familarise thru the sequence and polish up the techniques.

If you had felt to break up the sequence to manageable portions. By all means do so after they know the full sequence, so they are polishing up.

It irks me, because trainees only have 10 lessons with the last 2 as Assessment and the timing is horribly tight.

I rather that people are pulled up to be an example of good techniques. Than for them to be pulled up to show off mistakes. It waste everyone's time because those who are doing the techniques right, have to watch people do it wrong?

Have no one knows how confusing it is?

Will these 'officers' be outsourced like those 'enforcement officers' too? :confused: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/singapore/first-team-of-active/2774468.html

Not sure why it bugs me. Maybe due to I cycle every now and then. Not that I run down pedestrians or what. In fact I will just wait behind them patiently (no incessant ringing of bells too) till they let me pass. Still up to them to let me pass or not. :cool:

KRGT-1

I really dont like salespersons or salesmen. Or telemarketeers.

Just took a call.

Caller: Can I speak to the Accounting Department?

Me: Do you have the name of the person you need to speak to?

Caller: Er No.....

Me: Is it Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable?

Caller: Er No.....just to find out, does your company use accounting software?

Me: Yes. We are an Accounts, Audit, Secretarial & Tax Services Firm.

Caller: Will your company be interested in an Accounting software?

Me: We are Resellers of MYOB.

Caller: Orh....err....ok....thank you.

I mean....I know its hard to know the company does what, just thru the company name. But have a little of sense, that if your call was picked up in its first ring. You know the people arent going to be spending time with you listening to your questions, that bears no advantage to helping them earn money.

Please be direct and sweet and move on!

I just rushed......

I applied half day leave today, but somehow, my bozz never checked and never approved it.

So I had to last minute make arrangement for someone to cover me during lunch and make sure I return before 2pm to wait for delivery of some gahment documents which only me and another Director can receive. The Director is off site.

So ok.....I finished my stuff at 12.30pm. And my cover starts.

I hopped onto a cab, rushed to Marinetime Gallery (A bird dont even want to go lay eggs place) only to reach there and realised I was needed at PSA Bldg. So I quickly search thru my emails and phone contacts to call a person in charge, apologize profusely and try to grab a taxi over. Lucky got empty taxi. Rushed there, complete the discussion and rushed back to work.

Total Taxi Fare: $29/-. Mind you, these costs are for interests and not for earning money.

And for the last 4 weeks, I was spending around $60 each week on taxi rushing from work at Raffles Place area to Old Choa Chu Kang.

Certainly feeling the pinch siah.....and I got some more courses schedule next month, probably about $300 worth I need to pay cash.

Its downright wrong!

Today is Friday the 13th...Well does not matter. Normal days already have things corking up..

Just recovered from illness but now vertigo kicks in... What vertigo does it making me nausea giddy etc..

Then family members now also infected and coughing away. And yesterday night me started to cough again.. Welcome the cycle again...

Today is Friday the 13th...Well does not matter. Normal days already have things corking up..

Just recovered from illness but now vertigo kicks in... What vertigo does it making me nausea giddy etc..

Then family members now also infected and coughing away. And yesterday night me started to cough again.. Welcome the cycle again...

That blows. Reminds me of the time I was on holiday overseas and fell sick. Been looking forward to it.End up as a crappy holiday. Speedy recovery to you and everyone else who is down with any illnesses. :cool:

KRGT-1

Sounds like you need drastic measures.

Ginger water, drink drink drink. But not at night. It will further makes you giddy. Chinese says it pushes the blood. At most, you can soak your feet in hot ginger water at night. Or a warm wet ginger soaked towel on the chest.

Wash your towels everyday. As well as wash your washing machine drum.

Sleep in aircon rooms? Cut an onion and put one half in the room.

Juice a cucumber and drink. Instead of toliet paper, use soap, hand water and a small towel.

Syringe filtered water thru ears and nose if you can.

And gargle with warm salt water.

Not really bugged. But two days ago. I received a call from a young man who tells me that since I asked for the meeting with Commander as well as Head of Recruitment, over the matter where someone accused me of not respecting her and shouted at her.

He basically called me using a Withheld number, saying it is set up on Thursday 1930 hours. I ok it. Didnt think much about it. And last night, went in for the meeting.

As it turns out, he meant next Thursday. Which unfortunately, my office already have events ongoing, from 3pm to probably 10pm.

Anyway, met the Head of Recruitment accidently and according to him and later someone else, that him and Commander received emails, whatsapp as well as sms confirmation that the appointment is on the 19th. Not yesterday.

I was like......oooohhh......but I did make use of my time, to further chit chat with some other folks and basically regale them my complaints. All over again.

And of course, there was a regular event happening that night, and that woman again brings her three kids into the HQ office and was running amok. It made a perfect fairly continuos background noise to where me and my chit chat kakis are in a room, which doesnt carry sound. Prove my point.

And as I had time to chit chat with the security guards.....I didnt even have to mention much, and at least two of them were able to immediately identify the person who irked me. And apparently she has irked them too.