SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] What's bugging you now?

Raptor

Whole cycle comes again. My eldest was coughing for the past 1 week +, eventually is better, now my youngest child to start coughing... And worst she will vomit out + phlegm after drinking milk... Now my turn, unable to sleep well with my child coughing and crying Now my right side brain area hurts a little when coughing..

Raining heavily since last night till now.. Geez

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MY 10 yr old son has been coughing quite some time. he has been drinking soft cold drink and sleeping in quite old bed. We took drastic action. stop him from drinking the cold soft drink and change a new mattress. he has stopped coughing

Whole cycle comes again. My eldest was coughing for the past 1 week +, eventually is better, now my youngest child to start coughing... And worst she will vomit out + phlegm after drinking milk... Now my turn, unable to sleep well with my child coughing and crying Now my right side brain area hurts a little when coughing..

Raining heavily since last night till now.. Geez

The bug is here. The past week many colleagues were affected. Was affected and down with high fever myself. Has since subsided and gotten better. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Children sick bugs are really strong... I am like a zombie in the office..Not enough sleep, migraine attacks...then cough

Then now youngest child got the don't want go school syndrome and scream....Can't imagine how our parents generation can take care of so many children back then...Now I understand why my dad is a little man of words and always angry with me.

Hope my kids grow up and one of them can be a PD or Doctor.. Just paid a visit to a PD as youngest down with diarrhea, fever... lucky no vomit but accompany with occasion cough..I also have a bit diarrhea as stomach got abit not well...

Yesterday normal cooking food for children at home. My eldest kept complaining the chicken got chilli or something. Did not think much and I ate it. Then not after about finishing, another complaint on chicken got chilli. Did not think much me as parents will always clear up their left over food. Dammn, some pieces of chicken taste so funny that I threw up. Suspect the small one just ate them without thinking. sigh...

Waited nearing 2 hours and it was like norm... and there will and always be a lot parents seeing the PD no matter which days I go..

Guys just happened just now I was turning into side road an Uncle was crossing the road he just reached the middle where there's a chevron and I was turning in by the time I turned in he was still walking and lta stopped me saying he's gonna charge me with reckless driving, I'm still p plate reckless driving charge is 24 Pts u think I can appeal or do anyting to avoid being revoked ?

Guys just happened just now I was turning into side road an Uncle was crossing the road he just reached the middle where there's a chevron and I was turning in by the time I turned in he was still walking and lta stopped me saying he's gonna charge me with reckless driving, I'm still p plate reckless driving charge is 24 Pts u think I can appeal or do anyting to avoid being revoked ?

Did you slow down or stop to give uncle way? Hate to say this but riding with p plate on gives the authority to really pay you more attention. Did you try to reason with the LTA officer and asked him to give chance etc? I think all you can do now is wait for letter and see what the demerit points and charges.. I am weeks from removing my bike p plate but the previous time, I got stopped by LTA and give me a "full check" on my bike, insurance etc...Is like so many bikes beside me but checked me only....Good luck..

More details? :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Did you slow down or stop to give uncle way? Hate to say this but riding with p plate on gives the authority to really pay you more attention. Did you try to reason with the LTA officer and asked him to give chance etc? I think all you can do now is wait for letter and see what the demerit points and charges.. I am weeks from removing my bike p plate but the previous time, I got stopped by LTA and give me a "full check" on my bike, insurance etc...Is like so many bikes beside me but checked me only....Good luck..

Did not give him way I did slow down just for the turn tho but from my judgment it seems pretty safe to go for the turn 😓 I begged him not to charge me with reckless and to ice me chance as I am doing dispatch and loosing my license will cost me a lot. Well Guess I'm ****ed.

If p plate only have 12 points, and reckless driving is 24 points and he charged me then and there would my license be taken there or what ? Cos if so then I'm considered riding illegally now right ? ������

If TP, will have the slip with the points indicated, I guess LTA will either forward your offence to TP for them to issue you the letter or he is going back to LTA to issue the letter to you. Did the officer issued you any slip or just verbal tell you to wait for letter? What done is done, wait for the letter and see how it goes from there...Motorist are always on the loosing end with pedestrians regardless whether they have the right of way anot.

What details would you like bro 🤔

Of the entire scenario. It just does not seem complete. :rolleyes:

If p plate only have 12 points, and reckless driving is 24 points and he charged me then and there would my license be taken there or what ? Cos if so then I'm considered riding illegally now right ? 🤔

Until they issue you a letter. Till then still riding legally. Did the officer take down your particulars? ;)

If TP, will have the slip with the points indicated, I guess LTA will either forward your offence to TP for them to issue you the letter or he is going back to LTA to issue the letter to you. Did the officer issued you any slip or just verbal tell you to wait for letter? What done is done, wait for the letter and see how it goes from there...Motorist are always on the loosing end with pedestrians regardless whether they have the right of way anot.

LTA will forward to TP on traffic offences. TP will forward LTA on illegal modifications and etc. I believe its like so. Sorry if I am wrong though. Perhaps someone could enlighten? I am just a newbie. :cool:

KRGT-1

Of the entire scenario. It just does not seem complete. :rolleyes:

Until they issue you a letter. Till then still riding legally. Did the officer take down your particulars? ;)

LTA will forward to TP on traffic offences. TP will forward LTA on illegal modifications and etc. I believe its like so. Sorry if I am wrong though. Perhaps someone could enlighten? I am just a newbie. :cool:

Ok , I was on lavender street turning into penhas road if u see Google maps u can see the turn got chevron the lta was riding behind me then when I was turning I saw he Uncle already but as I said from my judgment he was in a relatively safe distance, so I noticed he was walking really slowly so I slowed down and went with the turn, the lta followed me in the turn too after that he siren me and ask me to stop so I stopped and he said I could've hit the Uncle, bla bla bla later he said gonna charge me for reckless driving, took my license and ic and took a picture, then Told me to wait for letter... 😓 Still waiting very scaredly...

Ok , I was on lavender street turning into penhas road if u see Google maps u can see the turn got chevron the lta was riding behind me then when I was turning I saw he Uncle already but as I said from my judgment he was in a relatively safe distance, so I noticed he was walking really slowly so I slowed down and went with the turn, the lta followed me in the turn too after that he siren me and ask me to stop so I stopped and he said I could've hit the Uncle, bla bla bla later he said gonna charge me for reckless driving, took my license and ic and took a picture, then Told me to wait for letter... 😓 Still waiting very scaredly...

Fragrance hotel nearby right? Followed by parallel parking lots for cars. Hope I het the right location. :rolleyes:

At most can try to appeal when you receive the letter. Is it not that these enforcement vehicles equipped with a dashcam or some sort? Seems like right now its your word against his. Of course theirs will hold more weight. But then again if he wants to find fault with you even the slightest thing also can. :cool:

KRGT-1

well I would suggest if you did receive the letter do go down to explain to the TP. Ok to pay fine but ask for leniency about points. And explain on the situation. Seems to me all this happen because of the p plate. I doubt LTA officer will stop uncle, kups, or jb bikes for the above. Wait this few weeks and see if got letter.

Good luck!

Geez.. The kids bug cough is really strong... later have to pay visit to my kid PD to take some medication..diarrhea gone and now persistent cough... And I am now a zombie.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw on facebook a video where a rider turned right and wait at a junction where behind one lane cars are queueing to turn right. Afterwards the car obviously not happy with the rider cut him back after the turn. Many experienced riders what your take on this? I think like many of the comments, the rider will be at wrong if TP is around for failure to form up correctly at junction. My own experience after I passed and ride for the first time outside, I did the same except from straight road I cut in to front to turn right, the lorry behind me aint happy about it and speed up to catch up with me.. However if it is a two lane turn right, if I lane split all the way to the front in the middle, so far so good and even TP in learner car see me also just ignore.. And cars seem more ok for it.. what your take?

I both ride and drive. Although I cannot speak for other drivers (and bikers), but personally, when I drive and I'm the first car at the traffic junction, I'm somewhat indifferent to whether a bike cuts in front of me or not. But what REALLY peeves me - and it peeves me A LOT - is if and when the light turns green, the bike moves off slowly or accelerates slowly, blocking my way from accelerating from the traffic light junction.

It's like - I don't mind you cutting my queue. But after cutting my queue, you slow me down or get in my way, then please don't cut the queue in the first place!

So in situations where I'm the rider and I do that, I tend to accelerate quickly at the junction, then move to the side and slow down to my comfortable riding pace. If the car wants to overtake, I make sure that the car can overtake rather easily.

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

I just saw on facebook a video where a rider turned right and wait at a junction where behind one lane cars are queueing to turn right. Afterwards the car obviously not happy with the rider cut him back after the turn. Many experienced riders what your take on this? I think like many of the comments, the rider will be at wrong if TP is around for failure to form up correctly at junction. My own experience after I passed and ride for the first time outside, I did the same except from straight road I cut in to front to turn right, the lorry behind me aint happy about it and speed up to catch up with me.. However if it is a two lane turn right, if I lane split all the way to the front in the middle, so far so good and even TP in learner car see me also just ignore.. And cars seem more ok for it.. what your take?

Two wrong does not make a right. How much time can the rider possibly make the driver lose? A second or two and then the driver just see the tail lights? Patience is a virtue. Live and let live. The people are now no longer as tolerant as back then when people seem to be able to share. People cycle on pavement also complain. Play soccer at void deck also complain. Cook curry also complain. And many more. The more we move towards being a first world country the less gracious we become. :cool:

KRGT-1

It's been a very long while I did not post anything on this forum...

I think it is rude and uncivilised to stop the bike in front of stop cars at traffic junction, stopping at their side is not so bad but should move off immediately when the lights turn green...

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

It's been a very long while I did not post anything on this forum...

I think it is rude and uncivilised to stop the bike in front of stop cars at traffic junction, stopping at their side is not so bad but should move off immediately when the lights turn green...

Rude and uncivilized? Guess its subjective. :rolleyes:

I for one would rather be in front than the sides. Some drivers cannot seem to turn their heads when they want to turn or move off so being in front is that much safer. How much time will a rider make the driver lose? 2 to 3 seconds max? After which the rider would be far ahead. Also how much distance can the driver cover in that 'delay'? 100m? :cool:

KRGT-1

Rude and uncivilized? Guess its subjective. :rolleyes:

I for one would rather be in front than the sides. Some drivers cannot seem to turn their heads when they want to turn or move off so being in front is that much safer. How much time will a rider make the driver lose? 2 to 3 seconds max? After which the rider would be far ahead. Also how much distance can the driver cover in that 'delay'? 100m? :cool:

I also rather be in front so that I can be seen by the drivers. But sometimes if queue not that long like just 2 to 3 cars I will just wait behind instead of to the front..

(Repost from my blog: http://sgbikerboy.com/2016/08/23/not-too-pleased-with-givi-point-singapore/)

I happened to be round the corner and headed to Givi Point Singapore today. Honestly, it wasn’t only until last week that I knew that Singapore had a Givi Point. (Hey! I’m still very new to the motorcycle scene, yah!) And it wasn’t only until about three weeks back that I even knew that Givi stores are called Givi Point’s – until I visited the Givi Point in Penang.

I had a pretty good experience with the folks in Givi Point Penang. They were professional, seem to know their stuff, and very helpful. I eventually ended up getting a set of E36N side boxes from them – even though I was pretty certain that I could possibly get it for cheaper somewhere in Singapore if I looked hard enough. But I’m also the sort of person who’s willing to pay a little bit more for good service and expertise.

So, back to Givi Point Singapore. As I was saying, I happened to be round the corner so I decided to drop by. Givi Point Singapore is located inside Mah Building at 1179 Serangoon Road. The place was neat, tidy, and very clean – just like the Givi Point’s I’ve visited in Penang and Malacca (which, like Singapore, wasn’t a standalone store, but shared its premise with a Kawasaki dealer there.)

A young sales guy approached me and asked if he could help.

“Yes. I’ve got a set of E22N’s on my bike. I’d like to have the option of getting some bigger side cases that will fit the existing mounting brackets. Do you have any bigger Givi side case that will be able to share the same bracket as the E22N?”

“Oh no. ALL our side boxes come with their specific mounts and are not interchangeable.”

Now, of course I knew that to be NOT true. I have a set of E36N’s that fit very nicely on my existing brackets that also hold the E22N’s.

“Really? Are you absolutely certain?” I asked.

“Yes. I’m very sure.” the Singapore Givi Point sales guy replied.

Now that I have BOTH the E22N and the E36N for my bike, I wasn’t really thinking of getting new side cases. So I didn’t want to embarrass him nor tried to press the matter further. But what I WAS potentially looking for, was a *possible* replacement of my Shad SH48 top case. It was a little scratched up after the bike drop in Luang Prabang, Laos, although still very much useable. But if I’m able to get a Givi top case with the same (Monokey?) lock system as my existing E22N’s and E36N’s, and be able to replace all the locks on these boxes to be able to use the same key, that might just give me sufficient push to justify the purchase of a new Givi top box.

So I asked him if he knew of any Givi top boxes that will give me that common-key feature.

“No. You cannot replace the locks on your Givi boxes to be able to use the same key.” he told me.

I know this is absolutely NOT true! Firstly, Givi actually prides itself to be able to configure the side cases and top box to be able to use the same key. It’s their propriety Monokey system! And secondly, for some reason, when I was in Givi Point Penang, the pair of E36N’s that I had my eyes on came with 2 different locks requiring 2 different keys out of the box. And when I highlighted that to the Givi Point staff there, the sales guy immediately assured me that that is not a problem, and went ahead to replace the locks on the spot. 10 minutes later, my pair of brand new E36N’s were using the same set of keys on both sides. Now, THAT’S service!

I eventually bought the E36N from Givi Point Penang.

Back to Givi Point Singapore – the sales guy then went on to mumble something about Givi’s “Monolock” and “Monokey” systems, which by now I wasn’t really paying too much attention. But I was really curious about the Monolock vs Monokey difference. So I asked him what the difference was.

“Oh it’s just Givi’s 2 different system of boxes. The Monolock boxes can carry up to 3kgs, and the Monokey boxes can carry up to 10kgs.”

“Just the cargo weight rating? And ‘Monokey’ and ‘Monolock’ has got nothing to do with the locks they use?” I asked, genuinely surprised.

“Correct.”

By now, I knew for sure that the conversation wouldn’t bring me anywhere, and that I wouldn’t be getting any correct information on the Givi products that I was looking for. I could very well understand if a shop like the popular Lim Ah Boy or Regina – generalist shops that sells various brands and products at low margins and rely on fast moving goods – to be not-so-up-to-date with their product knowledge. But I cannot accept that while shopping at Givi Point Singapore for a Givi product, and talking to a Givi Point sales rep giving me wrong Givi information.

Hey! You’re not a *generalist* shop here. I’m shopping at a SPECIALIST shop. I know that I’d be paying a premium for the same product as compared to, say, if I shopped at LAB or Seng Motor Hung (where I first got my Givi E22N’s.) I honestly didn’t mind paying a little bit more for better service – if I got any, that is.

But… Needless to say, I walked out of the shop empty handed.

I think this Givi Point Singapore guy just butchered the Givi brand.

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

(Repost from my blog: http://sgbikerboy.com/2016/08/23/not-too-pleased-with-givi-point-singapore/)

I happened to be round the corner and headed to Givi Point Singapore today. Honestly, it wasn’t only until last week that I knew that Singapore had a Givi Point. (Hey! I’m still very new to the motorcycle scene, yah!) And it wasn’t only until about three weeks back that I even knew that Givi stores are called Givi Point’s – until I visited the Givi Point in Penang.

I had a pretty good experience with the folks in Givi Point Penang. They were professional, seem to know their stuff, and very helpful. I eventually ended up getting a set of E36N side boxes from them – even though I was pretty certain that I could possibly get it for cheaper somewhere in Singapore if I looked hard enough. But I’m also the sort of person who’s willing to pay a little bit more for good service and expertise.

So, back to Givi Point Singapore. As I was saying, I happened to be round the corner so I decided to drop by. Givi Point Singapore is located inside Mah Building at 1179 Serangoon Road. The place was neat, tidy, and very clean – just like the Givi Point’s I’ve visited in Penang and Malacca (which, like Singapore, wasn’t a standalone store, but shared its premise with a Kawasaki dealer there.)

A young sales guy approached me and asked if he could help.

“Yes. I’ve got a set of E22N’s on my bike. I’d like to have the option of getting some bigger side cases that will fit the existing mounting brackets. Do you have any bigger Givi side case that will be able to share the same bracket as the E22N?”

“Oh no. ALL our side boxes come with their specific mounts and are not interchangeable.”

Now, of course I knew that to be NOT true. I have a set of E36N’s that fit very nicely on my existing brackets that also hold the E22N’s.

“Really? Are you absolutely certain?” I asked.

“Yes. I’m very sure.” the Singapore Givi Point sales guy replied.

Now that I have BOTH the E22N and the E36N for my bike, I wasn’t really thinking of getting new side cases. So I didn’t want to embarrass him nor tried to press the matter further. But what I WAS potentially looking for, was a *possible* replacement of my Shad SH48 top case. It was a little scratched up after the bike drop in Luang Prabang, Laos, although still very much useable. But if I’m able to get a Givi top case with the same (Monokey?) lock system as my existing E22N’s and E36N’s, and be able to replace all the locks on these boxes to be able to use the same key, that might just give me sufficient push to justify the purchase of a new Givi top box.

So I asked him if he knew of any Givi top boxes that will give me that common-key feature.

“No. You cannot replace the locks on your Givi boxes to be able to use the same key.” he told me.

I know this is absolutely NOT true! Firstly, Givi actually prides itself to be able to configure the side cases and top box to be able to use the same key. It’s their propriety Monokey system! And secondly, for some reason, when I was in Givi Point Penang, the pair of E36N’s that I had my eyes on came with 2 different locks requiring 2 different keys out of the box. And when I highlighted that to the Givi Point staff there, the sales guy immediately assured me that that is not a problem, and went ahead to replace the locks on the spot. 10 minutes later, my pair of brand new E36N’s were using the same set of keys on both sides. Now, THAT’S service!

I eventually bought the E36N from Givi Point Penang.

Back to Givi Point Singapore – the sales guy then went on to mumble something about Givi’s “Monolock” and “Monokey” systems, which by now I wasn’t really paying too much attention. But I was really curious about the Monolock vs Monokey difference. So I asked him what the difference was.

“Oh it’s just Givi’s 2 different system of boxes. The Monolock boxes can carry up to 3kgs, and the Monokey boxes can carry up to 10kgs.”

“Just the cargo weight rating? And ‘Monokey’ and ‘Monolock’ has got nothing to do with the locks they use?” I asked, genuinely surprised.

“Correct.”

By now, I knew for sure that the conversation wouldn’t bring me anywhere, and that I wouldn’t be getting any correct information on the Givi products that I was looking for. I could very well understand if a shop like the popular Lim Ah Boy or Regina – generalist shops that sells various brands and products at low margins and rely on fast moving goods – to be not-so-up-to-date with their product knowledge. But I cannot accept that while shopping at Givi Point Singapore for a Givi product, and talking to a Givi Point sales rep giving me wrong Givi information.

Hey! You’re not a *generalist* shop here. I’m shopping at a SPECIALIST shop. I know that I’d be paying a premium for the same product as compared to, say, if I shopped at LAB or Seng Motor Hung (where I first got my Givi E22N’s.) I honestly didn’t mind paying a little bit more for better service – if I got any, that is.

But… Needless to say, I walked out of the shop empty handed.

I think this Givi Point Singapore guy just butchered the Givi brand.

I must be newer in the motorcycle scene then. I do not even know what you know about Givis. :rolleyes:

I had similar experiences at a well known shop too. It used to have really knowledgeable sales staff but then they quit and now replaced by some young guys most likely part timers. Used to spend my free time just going down to talk about bike stuff with the previous sales staff but not now. Am not sure if I will ever patronize the shop again. Then again I might but I shall just get what I want and leave. Had been noticing the items/parts are not in their proper placements. Price and the shelf price tags vary alot. I used to work as a sales assistant and before the place is flooded with customers we have to ensure the items/products are at the correct place and tally with the prices stated. If not we had to offer them that certain price that was on the shelf after scanning the item so a loss will occur. But not at this particular shop. If the item costs more than stated price you still have to top up the remainder. Perhaps they could tell their staff to arrange everything in their proper placements? Thank you for sharing. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1