SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SkipperNet Cafe 2008

Guest BearBug

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh..juz remembered..friday i cannot also...hehe. got something on. :cheeky:

btw..anyone interested in hazard light DIY?? i juz got my circuitry right. so if you guys want..we can have a session for hazard light and those who's not done horn yet. one prob:- i donno if there's any round switch available...

tentative cost for hazard light DIY -- $6

Hey u solved the circuitary ahz?? Thats good must teach me ahz! I still wondering how to leave it on at all times hehe :smile: Anyway, now i scared to press my horn as its too loud! :cheeky:

][][ No point waiting.. if you want something, its best to go get it yourself!!! ][][

small boy: hey i'm a safety rider.... where got cub corner :cheeky:

btw u r going to change ur belt rite? Did dey quote u a price for that? How much?

i went to the motor shop that i bring u to last time... dey say dunno have to do wat not just fix the screw n stuff.... hiaks....

Originally posted by myusha@Jun 2 2005, 01:00 AM

small boy: hey i'm a safety rider.... where got cub corner :cheeky:

btw u r going to change ur belt rite? Did dey quote u a price for that? How much?

i went to the motor shop that i bring u to last time... dey say dunno have to do wat not just fix the screw n stuff.... hiaks....

Hole in your exhaust??? :confused: So was it repaired?? :confused:

][][ No point waiting.. if you want something, its best to go get it yourself!!! ][][

hey guys, :smile: just out of curiosity.. full tank for skipper can go how many km? And also how to test whether the skipper is in good condition? As in which part or where to look or hear when testing. :confused:

----------------------

Honda CB399cc Ver ®

----------------------

whitewhite

----------------------

Originally posted by WhiteOryx@Jun 2 2005, 12:49 AM

Hey u solved the circuitary ahz?? Thats good must teach me ahz! I still wondering how to leave it on at all times hehe :smile: Anyway, now i scared to press my horn as its too loud! :cheeky:

well..it lies in the switch. anyway..gave ur always on prob a thought...donno if it will work.

1) connect live wire to the signal (so it'll be always on)

2) send in only live wire frm relay to signal (so it'll be on when there's no current frm relay and off when there's current frm relay)

if it does work...the difficult part lies in finding the right wire.

myusha>> ur exhaust soundling like mine now?? :cheeky:

tanlewis>> well..basically when i bought my bike..i test it by comparing one bike frm the other...tested out like 3 bikes and found this one i'm having with very smooth acceration and lotsa power.

full tank's ard 6litre excluding reserve?? (pls correct me if i'm wrong...) on average it runs 24-30km/litre depends on carb fuel jetting.

personally..i hit 31km/litre once (but bike experience prob @ 80 and above and top speed's 100 max) and now doing 28+km/litre after some tuning (bike's smoother and hit ard 105/hr)

rae> didnt go to botak's yest... dunno where it is and was rushing for time.

guys> dunno if i can make it for the scooter outing this sat... got a bbq in school in the evening and ultimax is back home so our friends might be meeting up too. I'll squeeze time if i can....:p

lewis> i'm in a way unfortunate cos at best my scoot runs 24-25km/l. i think the tank is abt 6l exzcluding reserve. i pump abt 5.5-6.25 when i fill my tank up.

anyone got botak's new address???

forgort my fricking phone today....##@$$##@$@#:sian:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-8631.jpg

botak's new add

-------------------

494, Macpherson Rd

S(368200)

msg me via msn if you want his number. cos it's hp. not nice to post up.

btw oryx...here's a pic of the correct switch to use.

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/images/swabc.gif

or this

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/symbols/swdpst.gif

and gd news to those gonna DIY hazard light. u juz need to buy a switch and wires. total cost.. less than $3! :smile: trying to see if you can integrate hazard light with L/R signals. :thumb:

Okie! so skipper fuel consumption is about 200km plus reserve tank. Oh then regarding how to see whether the skipper is in good condition roughly must check which part?

----------------------

Honda CB399cc Ver ®

----------------------

whitewhite

----------------------

full tank shld be ard 8 litres (1.5 litres reserve)

my fuel consumption damn jia lat... ard 20km/litre...

think i really need to get some repairs :cheeky:

rae: ermm.. never keep a notice at the sound... :sweat:

lewis: haf to wait for the 'lao jiao' to answer that question of urs.... :sweat:

tamlewis>>

check the following.

-----------------------------

1) exhaust check if there's oil ard the hole. this applies to all bike.

2) tires..check if they r shaky. cos lotsa us experience mounting prob.

3) listen out for unusual sound other than sound of engine/exhaust.

4) overall outlook to see how much touch-up you need

think tt's all..anyone to add??

Originally posted by myusha@Jun 2 2005, 11:05 AM

full tank shld be ard 8 litres (1.5 litres reserve)

my fuel consumption damn jia lat... ard 20km/litre...

think i really need to get some repairs :cheeky:

better man...20km/l is very low. botak's this evening??? :smile:

anyway..my exhaust's damn loud..cos it's 'tong'(modified) before. tihkning if i should change..dun wanna kanna $500 fine. tt's like price of another skipper.

Originally posted by rae07@Jun 2 2005, 11:20 AM

better man...20km/l is very low. botak's this evening??? :smile:

anyway..my exhaust's damn loud..cos it's 'tong'(modified) before. tihkning if i should change..dun wanna kanna $500 fine. tt's like price of another skipper.

i'm working till 4pm...

hmm... dunno izzit i haven change the roller that's why the consumption so jia lat... if realli change oso dunno how much... :giddy:

so u going down to there later this evening?

Originally posted by rae07@Jun 2 2005, 11:17 AM

1) exhaust check if there's oil ard the hole. this applies to all bike.

2) tires..check if they r shaky. cos lotsa us experience mounting prob.

3) listen out for unusual sound other than sound of engine/exhaust.

4) overall outlook to see how much touch-up you need

think tt's all..anyone to add??

maybe... ask the shop or the previous owner when was the last time they service the bike and stuffs ...

botak's working in which workshop? yong hua motor trading there? because the address at macpherson there.. i saw a skipper there at yong hua motor trading.. not sure is not sale..

----------------------

Honda CB399cc Ver ®

----------------------

whitewhite

----------------------

myusha>> yup..i'm gonig down this evening.. should be there ard 5. you gonig anniversary??? think SK, oryx and me are going.

tanlewis>> yup..that's the one..it's stil registered under yong hua. but botak took over liao. is the skipper red and yellow? tt's for sale. it's engine sounds very smooth.

Originally posted by tanlewis@Jun 2 2005, 10:44 AM

Okie! so skipper fuel consumption is about 200km plus reserve tank. Oh then regarding how to see whether the skipper is in good condition roughly must check which part?

Hi Lewis!

Well for me,

1) i would first have a test ride on the skipper. Check on its pickup and power. Like what the rest say, listen to the sound of your engine! It means a lot.

2) Do listen to the exhaust as well. If you feel that its too loud, ask the owner if he has changed it before. Make sure that the exhaust is a skipper one and not a hexagon one like SK I hehehe.

3) Next is to check on the mounting of the engine. One way is to shake the back wheel. If it rocks too much, it means that there is something wrong with it.

4) Check on the wheels. Make sure that its not botak! If botak, you may have to spend another $200 (estimated) changing it.

5) Then check on all the electrical of your bike. The signals, the back light, the headlight and do a test of your horn as well. Its quite important :smile:

6) Lastly, check on the outlook of your bike. If you are particular, maybe you should check on the fairing and mounting of your bike. Make sure that the fairing are put together properly and no gaps is found. Don't bother about the color as you can paint it later. Also make sure there's not too many crack on the fairing.

7) If the skipper you are viewing got speaker, do remember to ask the owner how much he spend to make it and let us here know! Hehehe :cheeky:

If you do all the above, you'll be a very happy skipper owner. :smile:

Originally posted by rae07@Jun 2 2005, 12:46 PM

tanlewis>> yup..that's the one..it's stil registered under yong hua. but botak took over liao. is the skipper red and yellow? tt's for sale. it's engine sounds very smooth.

But lewis, like i said earlier, have a test ride and you'll know!

okie thanks for the advice... xie xie!

rae07 - Is not leh.. yesterday i was in the bus.. then i saw the skipper parking outside the shop. Green color.. okie so botak took over liao... then he also selling skipper yeah? haha.. then must find a day to go down to have a look.. for skipper this kind of bike must pay all one shot right?

----------------------

Honda CB399cc Ver ®

----------------------

whitewhite

----------------------

Most of the time, you would have to pay one shot as its below $1000. But if u thinking of installment, i not so sure as the skipper is too cheap liao hehehe :cheeky: Just my opinion :smile: BTW, Taihin also selling skipper at $1000 but the wheels are tubeless one and the engine already overhaul. Thats why so expensive. If u buy, confirm have to pay arounf $1200 on the road!

thanks oryx! i think i will have to visit the shop.. I thought hardly can find skipper in moto tiam nowadays.. so most of the time there selling then not so bad.. i will just go and view the bike in the shop.. haha..

----------------------

Honda CB399cc Ver ®

----------------------

whitewhite

----------------------

Originally posted by tanlewis@Jun 2 2005, 01:05 PM

okie thanks for the advice... xie xie!

rae07 - Is not leh.. yesterday i was in the bus.. then i saw the skipper parking outside the shop. Green color.. okie so botak took over liao... then he also selling skipper yeah? haha.. then must find a day to go down to have a look.. for skipper this kind of bike must pay all one shot right?

i dun think he has much nike to sell...tihkn only 1 tt i know of...

and reloan's not available i guess...too cheap. :cheeky: